Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
DSi will launch on April 5th for $170 in black and blue! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 pm
Caramel Kisses
All I want to know is why do we (Americans) get black and 'Wii-glow' blue
when Japan launched black and white, and Europe and Australia will launch black and white??

Also, a deep pink, navy, and a lemon-y lime shade'll be availible in Japan...
Source
I was going to import a navy one, but the shop portion on the DSi is region locked, so none of the games would be in English. sad I want that navyyyy.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:01 pm
Meta_Fish
Caramel Kisses
when Japan launched black and white, and Europe and Australia will launch black and white??

Source
I was going to import a navy one, but the shop portion on the DSi is region locked, so none of the games would be in English. sad I want that navyyyy.

You could always skin it, Fishy Fish.  

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:09 pm
The yellow one looks sick. =X  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:57 pm
Caramel Kisses
Meta_Fish
Caramel Kisses

Source

I hate the skin stuff people put on their consoles. I wonder if there are still sites that will paint it for you. Then again, that would mean I'd be without it for awhile.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Shanes old account

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:47 pm
HA! The DSi comes out the DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY! i know what Im getting!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:42 pm
Amazon won't ship to my address  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:22 pm
Frack!!!

Why do we get stuck with the ugly Teal color!?!?!? Guess I'm going with black for mine then.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:07 pm
Huh. The black is cool, but I'll wait until the price drops, and there are a ton of games that actually utilize the camera.
KyuubiNaruto4
Frack!!!

Why do we get stuck with the gay Teal color!?!?!? Guess I'm going with black for mine then.

*Cracks knuckles*
Watch your words, buddy.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:52 am
Meta_Fish
Caramel Kisses
Meta_Fish
Caramel Kisses

Source

I hate the skin stuff people put on their consoles. I wonder if there are still sites that will paint it for you. Then again, that would mean I'd be without it for awhile.

the folks at colorwarepc.com might do it.
It might be a bit after launch before they offer customizing on it, though...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:54 pm
-Debates on weither to buy or to just stick with original and go buy the new Roger Rabbit snowglobe instead-  

Amechaninwonderland

LOL CAPSLOCK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:31 am
These look gorgeous. I wish I had the extra money to buy one, but since I already have a DS it's not really worth it to me. Especially without the GBA slot - what if I want to play Yoshi's Island?

And, does this mean there's not going to be a new handheld for a while? Since this one has so much more functionality, that's the vibe I'm getting, especially with that camera-based WarioWare game.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:22 pm
LOL CAPSLOCK
These look gorgeous. I wish I had the extra money to buy one, but since I already have a DS it's not really worth it to me. Especially without the GBA slot - what if I want to play Yoshi's Island?

And, does this mean there's not going to be a new handheld for a while? Since this one has so much more functionality, that's the vibe I'm getting, especially with that camera-based WarioWare game.
The loss of the GBA slot is a bit of a pain, but you most likely have an SP so you can play original and color Game Boy games, right? I think that's kinda what Nintendo is banking on. Plus, I thought this thing was supposed to have Virtual Console. Maybe they'll have DSiWare only for awhile and then release Virtual Console after a few months, like what they did with the Wii except backwards.

Yeah, as far as I can tell the DS is here to stay. Nintendo knows it's doing well, so they don't want to replace it when they don't need to, yet at the same time they have competition from the PSP (on its third revision as well) and the iPhone (perhaps). Giving the DS its own online store is a huge advantage for Nintendo, because they're such an ace developer themselves. Adding in photos and music playability is just them saying "Look, you don't need anything else."

Anyway, yeah. :XP:  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Captain Arch

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:24 am
Sweet. Us Europeans get it two days before you xD
[x]

In black and white.
Bleh. I wanted the blue one.
Oh well. Black again then.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:28 pm
Ya know.
The more I see that blue DSi,
the more it grows on me...
blaugh
But I think I just have a case of spring fever, nyo.  

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 pm
The only thing that Nintendo can add to a new DS that will make me buy it, is a slot for GB/GBC/GBA games (just like the GameBoy SP). razz  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff