Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Most over-used game plot/ gaming cliches Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:39 am
Regulust
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
a JAP RPG with some character using a needlessly big sword

FF7 is like the only one. confused

FF8 counts too. Squall had a huge sword! And the Tactics games--both Marche and Luso had huuuuge swords in the official art!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:08 pm
I think FF games just like big swords... Sephoroths big hunkin Katana was outrageously long...  

Evalad

Flanboyant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:10 pm
Kaylipoo
Anything involving the princess getting kidnapped. With Peach, we all know her and Bowser are just having some kinky mushroom/dinosaur affair, but regardless. Enough with the damsel crap.

We've got Super Princess Peach, but what about Zelda? How about Link gets kidnapped and you have to fight through the game as Zelda, who uses her various emotions to turn into tornados allowing her to fly and to set herself on fire?
(This is sarcasm, by the way. SPP, was, I admit, despite my dislike of Peach, a decent idea, but using emotions as "powers"? That's ridiculously stereotypical.)

SPP Made me LOL through the entire 5 minutes I played it! razz
And I think a Zelda Game (Featuring Zelda) could be one of the best games ever, with switching between Zelda and Sheik as a feature (instead of the whole emotional princess crud)
I mean, it could do really well. Maybe make it a little more colorful than Twilight Princess, but still dark. Nothing Bubblegum like.
But a Zelda/Sheik game would be amazing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:56 pm
Evalad
I think FF games just like big swords... Sephoroths big hunkin Katana was outrageously long...

I think Masamune is generally a long sword though.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Sheik. I'm hoping it's dead in the Zelda series, it's annoying enough in the Smash games.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:25 pm
o hai im new here teach me stuff

k. o wait ur teh chosen one, u gotta do things

k

o hai im a mystirious gurl and lemme join ur party

k

ily

ily2

nooo, im dying.

no ur not.

oh yeah

*killz boss*

yay  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:05 pm
l-Kathulu-l

k

k

ily

ily2

nooo, im dying.

no ur not.

oh yeah

*killz boss*

yay

No. Just no.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:10 pm
l-Kathulu-l

k

k

ily

ily2

nooo, im dying.

no ur not.

oh yeah

*killz boss*

yay

LOL Seriously!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:19 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Do you know what I don't see enough of in a game?

Musical numbers.
You might want to look for Rhapsody for DS. There's a lot of music and singing in that game. Musical RPGs ftw <3  

featheredonyx

Versatile Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

RedMan351

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 pm
Rargon
KyuubiNaruto4

How was that a horrible ending? Seemed to be a pretty good ending when I beat it as a kid and recently on my computer.
So your saying is,if you were Mario,and you'd busted your balls, head,legs,arms,through giant creatures,a talking Turtle-Dinosaur,Dangerous Climates,Hat Stealing Birds,and you save Princess Peach,you prefer a kiss on the nose and cake? stare

I DEMAND MORE!!

F*** yeah! lol. I would have been like," put out , or you're going back to Bowzer." lol sweatdrop *maybe that was a little too much. lol*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:51 am
RedMan351
Rargon
KyuubiNaruto4

How was that a horrible ending? Seemed to be a pretty good ending when I beat it as a kid and recently on my computer.
So your saying is,if you were Mario,and you'd busted your balls, head,legs,arms,through giant creatures,a talking Turtle-Dinosaur,Dangerous Climates,Hat Stealing Birds,and you save Princess Peach,you prefer a kiss on the nose and cake? stare

I DEMAND MORE!!

F*** yeah! lol. I would have been like," put out , or you're going back to Bowzer." lol sweatdrop *maybe that was a little too much. lol*

Something like this if you didn't get her to put out? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGE34VAqYTk  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Syn of Sin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:50 am

Each Pokemon from G/S/C to D/P having a team of villains set out to take over the world with a Legendary Pokemon that they only wish they could control.

The only Pokemon games that don't follow this plot, is just the original R/B/Y.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:41 am
Devil Jinn
GAAAAAAH! how could no one say the more obvious ones.

You are trying to save a girl by running around odd worlds/towns. Kill the bad guy, and save you princess/captured broad, and get none.

Legend of Zelda, Mario Bros., Shadow of Callossous, anymore you can add. Quote and add to my list till we have all the games that have all of the games that line up with the above genre.

Running around in a party of people of indescribable races, using weapons that shouldn't be invented for another milenia, casting magic that harness the elements, and heal you allies. Killing giant monsters that get everyone in said party thinking, "How the F**k do we kill this thing?" Also, don't forget the scantily clad women you have in the party.

FF I, FF II, FF III, FFIV, FF V, FF VI, FF VII, FF VIII, FF IX, FF X, FF X2, FF XII, and I am guessing FF XIII. *Note* FF XI is an online RPG not following the favored Final Fantasy genre. The only things they have are every except the plot. Add more to this list as well.

that description is so vague it can be applied to practically every RPG. most have multiple races, very few use weapons from the future. and just about every fantasy game has magic of some sort. and there is healing is every game where you can loose health. you are essentially describing the entire fantasy RPG genre. these are not cliches and many have had clever twists put on them that create very entertaining games.  

silve

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 pm
Syn Angellus

Each Pokemon from G/S/C to D/P having a team of villains set out to take over the world with a Legendary Pokemon that they only wish they could control.

What legendary did they go after in G/S/C? I'm blanking on this.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:54 pm
Zephyrkitty
Syn Angellus

HO-OH/Lugia, depending on the game  

estvpe

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 pm
SuperArmadilo
Zephyrkitty
Syn Angellus

HO-OH/Lugia, depending on the game

...Yeah, I'm not recalling this at all. I need to change the battery in my Silver version and replay the game. XD  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff