So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your First Time... Gaming. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were you playing vidjagames before you could read?
  Yes; text-heavy games helped me learn
  Yes; but only simple ones I could understand without reading too much
  No; my parents wouldn't let me
  No; I didn't get interested/introduced until later
  i dunno ahurr
View Results

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 am
@the poll question: I could read around the same time, my mother read to me apparently everynight since I was a baby xD

@Zephyrotica: I remember those games ^^ Lion King was frustrating for a lil while and as for The Jungle book. Well I never got that far because it was a rental.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:02 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
@Zephyrotica: I remember those games ^^ Lion King was frustrating for a lil while and as for The Jungle book. Well I never got that far because it was a rental.
I rented JB too. I was so pissed I never made it back to Sher Khan before we had to give it back! xd

That's what happens when you rent 2 games at once though. I spent 75% of that week playing Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. xd  

5ir Psycho 5exy

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:23 am
-Zephyrotica-
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
I rented JB too. I was so pissed I never made it back to Sher Khan before we had to give it back! xd

That's what happens when you rent 2 games at once though. I spent 75% of that week playing Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. xd

I was more interested in pummeling things in the face on "Battle Toads & Double Dragon" or "Spiderman & Venom" that weekend xd  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:50 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
-Zephyrotica-
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx

I was more interested in pummeling things in the face on "Battle Toads & Double Dragon" or "Spiderman & Venom" that weekend xd
lol... that's a weird combination of games. Battletoads, Double Dragon, Spiderman & Venom, and... the Jungle Book. xd

omg gaiz you remember the first time you played Ninja Gaiden? I do, I died on the first level =D  

5ir Psycho 5exy

diluted noka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:08 am
:: I can't remember exactly what first game I played but I do remember playing a lot of Glover on the N64 back then. To me it was a very enjoyable game although I didn't far. X3;

But sort of yeah, I was just learning how to read and all. And before I started playing I would always watch my big bro play them. Usually I'd hide during scary bosses like Andross (Star Fox) and Mother Brain (Metroid). ::

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:48 pm
-Zephyrotica-
GrowingDandelion
Let's see. . . . From what I can remember, my Dad bought a Genesis when I was in first grade, so that would make me about 5/6. I think the first game I played was either Aladdin, The Jungle Book, or The Lion King. We got them all at the same time, so I can't really remember.
omg great games I beat them all <3

Aladdin was hard for its target age. Lots of near-impossible jumps and traps that you don't expect to be traps. So was the Jungle Book. I don't think I actually beat that one, for some reason I remember being called for dinner on Sher Khan... stressed

Lion King, I had on my computer, though. I've beaten it so many times. It's ******** great. Though I hate Scar's cheap auto-kill move, when he REVERSES YOUR ******** MAUL AND MAULS YOU GFKFGKHGFHKFAGHKGFKHAGFKHAG mad No fair.

You got that far? Lucky you. I usually died somewhere on the second level. Then my aunt started playing JB and got all upset when you had to fight King Louie . . .

What's funny though, was that when I played Aladdin a few years ago, I was even more worse at it then when I was six. xp

And Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine ruled!!! But Green Hill Zone was cooler. ^^  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

CherubiMaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:29 pm
Hmm...Pokemon Red.

Perfect for a first videogame. I spent 2 days trying to figure out how to leave your characters house. I kept accidentally restarting the game. I had to ask for help from a friend to beat Team Rocket. Good times.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 am
GrowingDandelion
-Zephyrotica-
GrowingDandelion
Let's see. . . . From what I can remember, my Dad bought a Genesis when I was in first grade, so that would make me about 5/6. I think the first game I played was either Aladdin, The Jungle Book, or The Lion King. We got them all at the same time, so I can't really remember.
omg great games I beat them all <3

Aladdin was hard for its target age. Lots of near-impossible jumps and traps that you don't expect to be traps. So was the Jungle Book. I don't think I actually beat that one, for some reason I remember being called for dinner on Sher Khan... stressed

Lion King, I had on my computer, though. I've beaten it so many times. It's ******** great. Though I hate Scar's cheap auto-kill move, when he REVERSES YOUR ******** MAUL AND MAULS YOU GFKFGKHGFHKFAGHKGFKHAGFKHAG mad No fair.

You got that far? Lucky you. I usually died somewhere on the second level. Then my aunt started playing JB and got all upset when you had to fight King Louie . . .

What's funny though, was that when I played Aladdin a few years ago, I was even more worse at it then when I was six. xp

And Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine ruled!!! But Green Hill Zone was cooler. ^^
Yeah, I was totally playing Lion King on emu a week or two ago, and I couldn't get past the second level! xd The only level I even remotely had trouble with when I was six was level 8. (STILL HATE THAT LEVEL OMFG HFDHSDKHGSDKHD HRRRRRNGGHHHH)  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Pachipie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:47 am
I remember watching my big brother play Super Mario World, he would let me feed Yoshi sometimes.

The first time I played on my own was when my little brother and I got a copy of Sonic 3D Blast. The happiest day in our gaming lives was beating it for the first time... it was the only game we had for a while besides Sonic R...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 am
On the good old Game boy - TLoZ: Link's awakening. I must have been about three or something, not really understanding the game but just trying my best. But the more I played it the better I got, and with some help from my brother we beat the game. Then I moved onto Ocarina of Time, and I've been a Zelda fan since.  

Polunareffu

Fluffy Bunny

What the Pho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:01 pm

I think it's that one Power Rangers Game on the SNES. When I was like 4, I would go over to my friend's shop where he had an SNES and we'd co-op one of the five. Also, we played the TMNT fighting game on it too. Pretty sweet. Fell in love with fighting games ever since.

Then my first actual game was Pokemon Blue. My uncle bought me a bundle back with the Gameboy Color, Strategy Guide and link cable when I was 5. I liked it a lot, but couldn't get passed Cerulean City for the longest time. Now I lost it Dx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 pm
my first time was almost the day i got home, my parents had recently bought a NES, and played mario and duckhunt that came with it. i always watched and laughed, then as i got around to the age of 4-5 i began playing myself, course i played like most cheap people did on duck hunt *presses gun to the screen* but i could play legit too, i was an ace shot... at age 8. cool  

Xilo The Odd

Sakuneko-chan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:15 am
I'm not exactly sure what my first games were, I played games on my dads amiga and comodore 64 and stuff. biggrin Ooo we had Aladin on Dad's computer and I loved that game! <3 I was about 2-3ish though and couldn't read but I loved it anyway. I have really vague memories of playing them still.

My first nintendo games were pokemon red and sabrina the teenage witch... I got them when I was 8 for my birthday with a GBA. I was so happy! My dad and his friends had been secretly playing it until my birthday at night. stressed I got really hooked when I got LoZ Oracle of Ages and Seasons for christmas. Those are still two of my most favourite games. <3 You've gotta love them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:02 pm
The first game I ever played was either SMB3 or Anticipation. I was 1 or 2. I say those two 'cause those are the two I played the most until I was 3. My sister's got kinda annoyed 'cause we'd play SMB3 together and take turns, and I always wanted to just look around the stage and jump around... then kill everything in sight!!  

sora4126

Orphie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:51 pm
I don't remember my first gaming experience. I was way too young. I'll have to ask my grandma about it when she comes to visit, since she's the one who introduced me to video games. I'm sure that my first game was probably Super Mario Bros., though, since we had an NES.

The first game I ever remember beating was a game targeted towards little kids, Mario's Alphabet Safari. You couldn't die in it, but it took a while to finish. Mostly it was exploring to find letters of the alphabet. Yay learning!  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff