The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:24 pm
GuruGuru214
Really two things about that trailer indicate to me that this isn't part of the TWW series. One is Zelda. From what I've seen, Tetra wouldn't switch to her Zelda appearance unless she had to for whatever reason. And assuming they did find a new land and get established there, she would be much older by the time they managed to get back to the Great Sea area, round everybody up, move them to the new land, and have a castle built, not to mention that the whole thing is a little far-fetched anyway, as everybody seems perfectly happy living on the islands (except the Gorons, and even they had a place in Phantom Hourglass). But I digress.

The other thing is Link. Looking at his relationship with Tetra over the two games in the TWW series, I don't see him bowing like that to her. Plus the way I see it, there's two explanations for his conductor outfit. Either it's just part of riding the train (but then why is he wearing it in front of Zelda, no train in sight?), or that's what Link was doing before he received the call to be the hero. We've seen the hero emerge from all sorts of places, two of which so far have involved him receiving the hero's clothes upon the start of his quest and another involving him obtaining the signature hat (with a slight twist).

I just don't think this is a Link we've seen before
, and I might just be overthinking it in my attempt to justify why.
This. It might be a sequel to PH, but I'm not sure if it could be a direct sequel. This confuses me for several reasons, because Link and Tetra look the exact same as if neither have aged at all.

That's only one or two shots of Tetra. For all we know, she could be a pirate the rest of the time, or totally pissed that she has to wear the stupid dress 24/7. xd

Also, in that 'bowing' pic, I think she is knighting him. I can't tell too well, but that was the first impression I got. This would suggest they either A) found a way to make the Atlantis they call Hyrule habitable again, or B) discovered a (possibly deserted?) island with signs of previous civilization (which would explain why the castle didn't force them to timeskip 40 years.)

A few of the pictures depicted Link in his typical hero attire. Perhaps he just wears it later in the game, or perhaps he's moonlighting as a conductor and changes at will? xd That opens the possibility of alternate outfits, which opens the possibility of Easter egg outfits.. Link in a Mario suit anyone?

I'll definitely buy it, because I was very impressed with Phantom Hourglass. Even if I don't enjoy the train parts, I'm sure the dungeons will make up for it. (Also, I'd like to see how you beat a stationary boss when you're moving on rails. xd Maybe you can chart your tracks like in PH? That'd be cool.)

At first, I didn't like it, but now that I think about all the possibilities, I think it's nearly impossible for them to screw up, even if they are running out of gimmicks.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:45 pm
So... is the train replacement for the faking boat?
I was hoping for more sea time,but Zelda going to the future (somewhat) is a good idea.  

Rargon

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:53 pm
I'M ON A MOTHER ******** ******** SAILS I USE RAILS

NO RUDDER, JUST CABOOSE, IF YOU STILL ON A BOAT YOU AIN'T ME-OOSE  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:10 pm
The Legend of Zelda: The Industrial Revolution

In which the seven deadly sins of factory work is unvieled and Link must bring hope to thousands with his little train and big heart. And steam is the new magic, b***h.

Now that that's out of my system . . .

If the main antagonist (probably Vaati, or a slight possibility of Ganon) ends up tying Tetra/Zelda/whoever to the tracks, I don't think I'd ever stop laughing.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:18 pm
He took out monsters with a FREAKING FAN! That was just plain epic  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:32 pm
-Zephyrotica-
This. It might be a sequel to PH, but I'm not sure if it could be a direct sequel. This confuses me for several reasons, because Link and Tetra look the exact same as if neither have aged at all.

That's only one or two shots of Tetra. For all we know, she could be a pirate the rest of the time, or totally pissed that she has to wear the stupid dress 24/7. xd

Also, in that 'bowing' pic, I think she is knighting him. I can't tell too well, but that was the first impression I got. This would suggest they either A) found a way to make the Atlantis they call Hyrule habitable again, or B) discovered a (possibly deserted?) island with signs of previous civilization (which would explain why the castle didn't force them to timeskip 40 years.

As far as them looking the same, I refer back to the three identical Links thing. Zelda in Four Swords looked different, perhaps because they hadn't perfected Zelda's look in that style, because Zelda in The Minish Cap looks exactly the same as Tetra in her Zelda garb.

And I can see what you mean about the knighting thing, but I went back and looked at the trailer again, and it looks like Zelda's holding a map, not a sword like she would use to knight Link. Besides, has Link ever served in any official capacity? He's always just been Hyrule's freelance hero.  

GuruGuru214

melikefood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:41 pm
I get to hit my enemies with a train?
Yay.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:51 pm
GuruGuru214
-Zephyrotica-

Also, in that 'bowing' pic, I think she is knighting him. I can't tell too well, but that was the first impression I got. This would suggest they either A) found a way to make the Atlantis they call Hyrule habitable again, or B) discovered a (possibly deserted?) island with signs of previous civilization (which would explain why the castle didn't force them to timeskip 40 years.

As far as them looking the same, I refer back to the three identical Links thing. Zelda in Four Swords looked different, perhaps because they hadn't perfected Zelda's look in that style, because Zelda in The Minish Cap looks exactly the same as Tetra in her Zelda garb.

And I can see what you mean about the knighting thing, but I went back and looked at the trailer again, and it looks like Zelda's holding a map, not a sword like she would use to knight Link. Besides, has Link ever served in any official capacity? He's always just been Hyrule's freelance hero.
Eh, I haven't played Minish Cap or Four Swords, so I wouldn't know if it's just the style or not. I think I heard someone earlier claim it was a sequel to PH; that's what I'm going off of.

You don't have to become a knight to be knighted; it's just a ceremonial honor that signifies you've done something worth being called Sir for. Musicians get knighted, man. Although her giving him a map would make more sense in a 'that's so Nintendo' kind of way (Thousand-Year Door anyone?), like you said, I can't see him kneeling to her if it's not for a damn good reason. Not even OoT Link knelt to Zelda, and she was a lot more regal than Tetra. xd I don't think accepting a map would warrant that kind of address, and knowing our spirited little Tetra, she'd probably kick him in the face and tell him to stop groveling and act like a man.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:53 pm
I hope Navi, Tatl, and Ezlo make an appearance.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:06 pm
l-Kathulu-l

I doubt it considering majora's mask and ocarina of time took place hundreds of years before trains were invented...

anyway does anybody else think the title spirit tracks sounds a little lame.. I mean they couldn'tve thought of anything else... Don't get me wrong I'm psyched for the new zelda game but
(Still waiting for a twilight princess sequel)  

ilinkzeldi

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:22 pm
-Zephyrotica-
GuruGuru214
-Zephyrotica-

Eh, I haven't played Minish Cap or Four Swords, so I wouldn't know if it's just the style or not. I think I heard someone earlier claim it was a sequel to PH; that's what I'm going off of.

You don't have to become a knight to be knighted; it's just a ceremonial honor that signifies you've done something worth being called Sir for. Musicians get knighted, man. Although her giving him a map would make more sense in a 'that's so Nintendo' kind of way (Thousand-Year Door anyone?), like you said, I can't see him kneeling to her if it's not for a damn good reason. Not even OoT Link knelt to Zelda, and she was a lot more regal than Tetra. xd I don't think accepting a map would warrant that kind of address, and knowing our spirited little Tetra, she'd probably kick him in the face and tell him to stop groveling and act like a man.

Yeah, that's true about knighting, but I get the feeling that it was a much more significant thing in the era we're talking about. I suppose it still doesn't mean he's a knight exactly, but it's still more recognition than Link's ever been given.

As for the Zelda thing...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures

The Wind Waker

The Minish Cap  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:08 pm
After hearing the whole bowing to Zelda thing (too lazy to watch the trailer right now), I'm personally inclined to believe that either A) this is a direct sequel to Minish Cap, or B) this could be simply a new game unrelated to any of the other games released.  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

vidjagames

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:13 pm
Im crying on the inside. I dont think ill buy this one  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:38 pm
ilinkzeldi
l-Kathulu-l

I doubt it considering majora's mask and ocarina of time took place hundreds of years before trains were invented...

So it's ok to have a clock tower, a whole mechanised water temple and knowledge of explosives?
ilinkzeldi

anyway does anybody else think the title spirit tracks sounds a little lame.. I mean they couldn'tve thought of anything else... Don't get me wrong I'm psyched for the new zelda game but
(Still waiting for a twilight princess sequel)

It's listed as a tentative title.

vidjagames
Im crying on the inside. I dont think ill buy this one

Big statement. Care to back it up?  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:01 pm
auS-e-Dude
ilinkzeldi
l-Kathulu-l

So it's ok to have a clock tower, a whole mechanised water temple and knowledge of explosives?

Don't forget the Hookshot/Longshot.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces