Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
Favourite Vala Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nerienda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:28 pm
But if the Balrog were still safely sealed away, would Gandalf have been able to do the rest of his deeds through TTT and RotK as effectively as Gandalf the Grey, instead of Gandalf the White? We might accuse the dwarves of being a tad greedy in digging so deep for mithril, but in a way they played a part for future events...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:00 pm
Indeed...and I suppose they did pay for their greed. However if fate deemed that Gandalf would be "promoted" then he would have become white anyway... ok thats a weak argument but I'm slightly rushed right now....  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:43 am
Haha who knows. Those are interesting arguments ^^ I think the dwarves played an important role in the book by doing what they did surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:53 am
I suppose, I mean the dwarves did build those caves in Mirkwood, and they did some work in Ithelien if I remember correctly. Moria was quite grand too...  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:03 pm
They also helped greatly rebuild Minas Tirith after the battle surprised They did many good things afterwards in aiding the defense of the humans ^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:09 pm
My fav Vala is Ulmo because he was against Manwe's decision to call the elves to Valinor, which I thought seemed a little pompous of Manwe. I don;t think I really have a fav female Vala, but the Maia that was married to Osse (forgive if I spelled it wrong) tops them for them.

Without the dwarves the Fellowship might never have made it through the misty mountains because Sauruman had enraged Cahadras against them and then had to go through the gap of Rohan which would have taken them close to Isengard. They also would not have passed through Lorien, and (assuming Frodo and Sam still went through the Spider's pass) Shelob would have eaten Frodo without the vial that Galadrial gave him.  

Tears of the Siren

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:57 pm
Oh wow I never noticed that many things the dwarves helped allow in the story!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:46 pm
I just realized this. Without the dwarves Bilbo would never have found the ring, in which case a goblin most likely would have, or Gollum would have reclaimed it. So none of the hobbits would ever have left the Shire and Merry wouldn't have been there to help Eowyn kill the Witch king and....
It just keeps going on, like ripples from a stone tossed into still water.  

Tears of the Siren

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:49 pm
That's really cool xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:16 pm
Irmo... because he is the master of dreams and visions... sounds like a nice job. And for some reason, I always imagine him as this youngish, kinda spaced-out looking bishounen-guy...  

Galadedrid Damodred

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:37 am
Sounds like the BFG to me... (any Ronald Dahl readers? XP).

Not everyone can as beautiful as you Gally....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:38 pm
Hush, afore I whip out my voodoo dolls on ya!  

Galadedrid Damodred

Crazymexican101

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:25 am
namo because he controls the fate of arda *shudders*.......sorta  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:30 pm
Tulkas, definitely. I'm not really sure why, but there was just something about him that stood out to me above the others.  

Arandur

mystifyingbliss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:37 am
I would probably go for Yavanna or Nienna.

And Ulmo, I love Ulmo.

But if only I could pick Maians too, then Melian would be number one.

-xx- Nika  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces