Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo announces Gold/Silver remake Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:38 pm
This is the perfect video for if you like watching Japanese TV personalities j**z themselves while demo footage from Soul Silver is played.

Now don't get too excited by the hot circle pacing action.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:45 pm
Really been ten years huh.. My, time must of been partying or something. I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations. I am excited indeed! blaugh heart  

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:58 pm
otawara
Told y'all so.
You can't say you told us so, because the reason's you provided were the opposite of why they should remake it.
"Well, yeah, they have to remake them, because all of the pokemon exclusive to Johto are catch-able some other way!"  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:01 pm
Allegro
Bongardo
Demon0fMists
I'm getting these, my only fear is that there gonna leave some stuff out, then make, a remake of crystal or something.
they didn't remake blue or yellow after fire red and leaf green.
So I doubt they'd remake crystal.
LeafGreen was a remake of Blue.
Man, you just cannot stop being wrong, huh?
In Japan Blue was a tertiary game. The game Red was not mated with blue. if they made a tertiary remake, it's logical that it could have been blue.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Allegro

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:08 pm
[Kegan]
Allegro
Bongardo
Demon0fMists
I'm getting these, my only fear is that there gonna leave some stuff out, then make, a remake of crystal or something.
In Japan Blue was a tertiary game. The game Red was not mated with blue. if they made a tertiary remake, it's logical that it could have been blue.
Because there was no Blue in Japan. Strike that, i'm wrong. It was a mail order only version. Green became Blue when when Localized. And they were mated in Japan.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:03 pm
Allegro
[Kegan]
Allegro
Bongardo
Demon0fMists
Because there was no Blue in Japan. Strike that, i'm wrong. It was a mail order only version. Green became Blue when when Localized. And they were mated in Japan.
Well, aside from my small negativity, this is going to be great. (although I might wait a few months before getting them, just to see if there's any news for a third...that might take a while...eh heh heh heh...)  

Demon0fMists

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:39 pm
It just hit me that this makes Kanto the only region to appear in all four generations, rendered in all four art styles. Well, four out of five, but we were never going to see Kanto in 3D on the GameCube, were we?

So now I'm wondering how this sets the timeline. Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald would seem to be set around the same time as FireRed and LeafGreen, and the news reports in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum seem to set them just before or after the Gold and Silver timeline. But then look at Professor Elm. His major accomplishment was with Pokemon eggs, but in the revised timeline, breeding and eggs were totally possible three years before Elm's discovery by visiting Mauville City or Four Island.

Of course, Pokemon has only ever had the most loosely held together storyline (particularly Orre, totally cut off from the other regions and with an unspecified amount of time between Colosseum and XD), so this barely matters anyway, it just makes me wonder how they're going to handle the start of the game and the trip to see Mr. Pokemon.

Anyway, what starters are you all picking? I'm going with Cyndaquil, the only Fire-type I ever started with. My others were Bulbasaur, Mudkip, and Turtwig.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:52 pm
man it would be so awesome if i could make scyther follow me around like pikachu  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:57 pm
Teh AK
man it would be so awesome if i could make scyther follow me around like pikachu

scizor beats his a** any day, foo'  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 pm
Wantcookie
Teh AK

scizor beats his a** any day, foo'

Unless you breed in a fire move. Ah, the wonders of super-super-effectives. =D  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

RoseSpirit

5,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:06 am
~Xiloscent~
Ironically, crystals battery seems to be fine for me, but BOTH my gold and silvers are ded.

Apparently, if you kept playing the games regularly the batteries lasted longer, but if you hadn't played the games in a number of years it meant almost certain death for the cartridge... I saw a site a while back showing you how to replace the battery yourself if you've got a soldering gun and some luck. XP

l-Kathulu-l
I traded Pikachu

You are a horrible person

lol  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:14 pm
By the looks of the video Allegro posted up there, I think the pokemon that follows you around is the pokemon you chose as your starter? Which makes me think, if in yellow you couldn't evolve pikachu, would they dare do that to this? Another thing, I'm chosing cyndaquil. I'd LUUUUV a Typhlosion following me around.  

Demon0fMists

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

HOLY s**t HE'S WALKING AROUND SO KAWAIIII SUGOIIIIII  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:45 pm
Demon0fMists
By the looks of the video Allegro posted up there, I think the pokemon that follows you around is the pokemon you chose as your starter? Which makes me think, if in yellow you couldn't evolve pikachu, would they dare do that to this? Another thing, I'm chosing cyndaquil. I'd LUUUUV a Typhlosion following me around.

The pokemon that'll follow you around will probably just be the one that's listed in your party as first. Or, alternatively, you might be able to select which pokemon you want following you- if you even want it to at all.  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Denko

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:28 pm
the Lord Zylo
Demon0fMists

The pokemon that'll follow you around will probably just be the one that's listed in your party as first. Or, alternatively, you might be able to select which pokemon you want following you- if you even want it to at all.

Game Freak tends to be sensible. Their games have gradually allowed more fan-pleasing decisions, so I wouldn't be surprise if you could turn such on and off, and even pick which one to follow you by the first in party thing.
They're a good developer. I have a feeling they'll leave everything intact from GSC and then add really fun features and bring it up to Generation IV speed, all in the GSC vibe. Game Freak isn't the type of developer that tends to piss a lot of diehard fans off, unless you're one of those fags that will ONLY play Red and Blue.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff