Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Where are you from? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Abortionater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:25 pm
Originally
Brisbane, Australia

But now I live in the states....Phoenix, Arizona  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:30 pm
Kentucky? Carolina? Try living in washington. One of my friends was talking about how hot it was because it broke 75.  

Grand Moff Locket

iviary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:53 pm
Amphex
I currently live in Dallas. A piece of civilization in a sea of ignorance and blind tradition that makes up Texas.

Ah, well. It's true, but I love this sea of ignorance and blind tradition, regardless. Beyond the hellishly hot summers and swarms of fundamentalist ultra-conservative Christians, this state has.. an identity; character. I suppose I can't quite explain my unconditional love for my home. It has plenty of flaws, but I can easily see past that.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm
iviary
Amphex
I currently live in Dallas. A piece of civilization in a sea of ignorance and blind tradition that makes up Texas.

Ah, well. It's true, but I love this sea of ignorance and blind tradition, regardless. Beyond the hellishly hot summers and swarms of fundamentalist ultra-conservative Christians, this state has.. an identity; character. I suppose I can't quite explain my unconditional love for my home. It has plenty of flaws, but I can easily see past that.

I wish I had that ability....I always wanted to move to Austin if I had to live in Texas....it seems the majority of cities that deal with state and national government are more liberal than others.  

Amphex

decaZetta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:49 pm
Seems to be quite a few Texans here, already. But I guess one more couldn't hurt. I'm from the land of Enron and the worst football team (and team name) in the nation.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:30 pm
decaZetta
Seems to be quite a few Texans here, already. But I guess one more couldn't hurt. I'm from the land of Enron and the worst football team (and team name) in the nation.

Enron, huh? Houston?
While The Houston Texans isn't exactly.. creative, I wouldn't say it's thaaaat bad..  

iviary

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:58 pm
iviary
decaZetta

Enron, huh? Houston?
While The Houston Texans isn't exactly.. creative, I wouldn't say it's thaaaat bad..
At least they aren't the Redskins I guess rolleyes (*is NOT biased towards another team* >.>)

iviary
Amphex

Alot of people complain about Virginia or some of the more rural areas here too, especially like areas where I'm from where you can't go far without finding another baptist church xP

I like it and I like the people. People are ignorant everywhere and it's just as bad in the city, only different. At least at home in the uncivilized county I don't worry about having anything I leave in the yard, on the porch or in plain view in my car stolen xP Maybe I'm a little biased because of the city I happen to be around. (Richmond, VA) (And to clarify, I live permanently in a county near the city where I'm staying in a dorm right now.)

Being able to attach the labels of 'liberal' and 'civilized' doesn't guarantee anything.

And a random comment about the hot summers thing.. it gets hotter there than it does here, but it's more of a 'dry' heat there, right? It's gets into the 90s here but the humidity is really high Dx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:56 am
Virginia sucks in terms of customer service anywhere you go(at least in my area)...but it isn't as bad as Missouri...St. Joseph Missouri that is, it is backwards as hell.

I know what you mean by not being able to go very far without seeing another damn church. The area where I lived is plagued with them...the damn things are literally everywhere.

Sanguvixen

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:41 am
Sanguvixen
Virginia sucks in terms of customer service anywhere you go(at least in my area)...but it isn't as bad as Missouri...St. Joseph Missouri that is, it is backwards as hell.

I know what you mean by not being able to go very far without seeing another damn church. The area where I lived is plagued with them...the damn things are literally everywhere.
Hmm. I dunno if you can generalize customer service for the whole state xP I've been to alot of different areas in VA and it just depends on the people and what mood they're in. I can't think of any exciting stories to tell about that unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:15 pm
iviary
decaZetta

Enron, huh? Houston?

I'd worry more about the air quality. Ick.

Though Dallas does have its ever so lovely summer smog....burning lungs for all!  

Amphex

decaZetta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:59 pm
[.caustic.]
iviary
decaZetta

Enron, huh? Houston?
At least they aren't the Redskins I guess rolleyes (*is NOT biased towards another team* >.>)

There area worse names, its just I just don't like the name Texans because it messes with with the space theme that all the other teams here go by(is a space nerd); Although, it would have been neat if the Texans had been called the nutrias, instead(even though, as far as I know, the name nutria had never been considered). That, and I'm not a big football fan so it kinda annoys me to hear about how great the Texans are, some people here think the Texans are god or something close.

Amphex
iviary
decaZetta

Enron, huh? Houston?

I'd worry more about the air quality. Ick.

Though Dallas does have its ever so lovely summer smog....burning lungs for all!

I don't go outside often enough to notice the bad air but there are definately some rather colorful sunsets around here.

Sorry about your lungs.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:45 am
[.caustic.]
iviary
decaZetta

Enron, huh? Houston?

iviary
Amphex

Alot of people complain about Virginia or some of the more rural areas here too, especially like areas where I'm from where you can't go far without finding another baptist church xP

I like it and I like the people. People are ignorant everywhere and it's just as bad in the city, only different. At least at home in the uncivilized county I don't worry about having anything I leave in the yard, on the porch or in plain view in my car stolen xP Maybe I'm a little biased because of the city I happen to be around. (Richmond, VA) (And to clarify, I live permanently in a county near the city where I'm staying in a dorm right now.)

Being able to attach the labels of 'liberal' and 'civilized' doesn't guarantee anything.

And a random comment about the hot summers thing.. it gets hotter there than it does here, but it's more of a 'dry' heat there, right? It's gets into the 90s here but the humidity is really high Dx
I like the people in the part of Virginia where I live (classified). I've been into areas outside of where I live and they sort of scare me. eek I will say that I live around the city area and I have run into a lot of ignorant morons, just not too many. It is also very humid where I live. Though, I've gotten so used to the humidity around here that I don't even feel it anymore. 3nodding *Has lived in Virginia since he was 2 years old*  

Orson Welles

Ketashia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:38 pm
You think it's humid in Virginia? It's horribly humid in south Louisiana, especially if it's extremely hot at the same time. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:05 pm
I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. That's where I was born and raised, though I don't live there anymore.  

puresilver

LB-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:41 am
Was born, raised, and am still living in Long Island, New York. Although I am attending school in Boston, MA at the moment.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff