Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Servitors- a challenge to fellow guildmates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:50 pm
Ishtar Shakti
Sooo the Occult winter olympics gave me an Idea! I'm going to change my painting into a servitor.

The painting is of a girl loosing her soul and substance to the internet. Pretty much I'm thinking about making an information gathering servitor. The only problem is the nature of the painting ... I only have an On switch drawn into the painting and it ruins the conceptual integrity of the painting and the symbolism if I even metaphysically make an off switch.

The symbolism is the only way to truly turn off is to die or to cut off the electricity...
I could just arbitrarily assign an off switch... but I'm not sure if that would work well. I'll post a picture once I get internet that works well enough to upload pictures onto the web.

the off switch could be the painting itself. if it goes wrong, destroy and/or take the energy from it. just a thought wink  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:36 am
I mean... I can destroy the spell without destroying the painting  

Ishtar Shakti

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:39 am
Ishtar Shakti
I mean... I can destroy the spell without destroying the painting

hmmmm... sticky note on the back that you can remove? or maybe frame it in a way that if you change the frame it gets locked in place or destroyed?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:20 pm
No I mean I Can destroy the spell on my own without using a off switch but if I was going to make it useful for other people to use I would have to make something they could figure out how to access.

Though since its a data mine I was thinking it might not need an off switch. I mean its just meant to store and relate information. What could go wrong and I can always destroy the information myself.  

Ishtar Shakti

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:18 pm
Ishtar Shakti
No I mean I Can destroy the spell on my own without using a off switch but if I was going to make it useful for other people to use I would have to make something they could figure out how to access.

Though since its a data mine I was thinking it might not need an off switch. I mean its just meant to store and relate information. What could go wrong and I can always destroy the information myself.

what if the frame had a door motif, and to use it you open the door and ask?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:17 am
Ishtar Shakti
Sooo the Occult winter olympics gave me an Idea! I'm going to change my painting into a servitor.

The painting is of a girl loosing her soul and substance to the internet. Pretty much I'm thinking about making an information gathering servitor. The only problem is the nature of the painting ... I only have an On switch drawn into the painting and it ruins the conceptual integrity of the painting and the symbolism if I even metaphysically make an off switch.

The symbolism is the only way to truly turn off is to die or to cut off the electricity...
I could just arbitrarily assign an off switch... but I'm not sure if that would work well. I'll post a picture once I get internet that works well enough to upload pictures onto the web.

Idea--

What about programming an off switch that activates if the painting is hung upside down or turned over against the wall?

as far as a power source you could maybe add gold leaf onto your painting surface after you're done.. gold is a great conductor of energy..

93/93

vid  

VixenxVid3licit

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 pm
Mecessa: A golem constructed in the early 16th century. Her body was molded by a master molds-man, however his name evades me at the moment.

The materials need for the body, where cobalt, steal, and bronze. there are some non metallic materials used, such as crystal quarts and emerald timing keys for some of the main gears.

In form she looked something like a clockwork, but the body ran off an inner source that came from a large crystal of some kind. She was also capable of speech by use of a resonating crystal at the base of the head.

The reason for her creation is not known at the moment. I will re-post the information when I get it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:04 pm
Oborosen
Mecessa: A golem constructed in the early 16th century. Her body was molded by a master molds-man, however his name evades me at the moment.

The materials need for the body, where cobalt, steal, and bronze. there are some non metallic materials used, such as crystal quarts and emerald timing keys for some of the main gears.

In form she looked something like a clockwork, but the body ran off an inner source that came from a large crystal of some kind. She was also capable of speech by use of a resonating crystal at the base of the head.

The reason for her creation is not known at the moment. I will re-post the information when I get it.

Where did you come across this information? Specifics would be good.

EDIT: Just in case you missed it, by the way, I asked you a few questions of you over on this thread, which I'd really appreciate an answer for.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games