Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
YUU*GI*OU Character Discussions Alert Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:26 pm
Haha, I loved Frontier Skies so much. It got a bit old by the fifth time I tried it to get all the items, but it was so much like Oregon Trail (loved that game when I was younger), that I was super excited. As for achievements, I'm loving them too, though I wish it didn't have the convention one... I don't know if I'll ever get that one, considering there's like... nothing in Arizona. But I was determined to do well on them; got all but the convention one and birthday one now, and the birthday one I'll be getting soon. I have heard that eventually they're going to integrate achievement points into some form of reward system though.
Thank you. It should be way easier to get accepted this time, as Drawing is apparently way more layed back than Intermedia, and one of the faculty that evaluates the portfolios looked at mine and said I'd be fine. *crosses fingers* Um, the accident was a few years ago, and I got TNJ from it. I was involved in a lawsuit to get compensation for that, though that actually just resolved a week ago (soooo happy about that). I didn't get enough to pay for the braces I'll need now, but I did get enough to pay off all my medical bills, so I'm just happy it's over. As for the scholarship, it is to study Japanese (I'd get Japanese 201 credit) in Japan for the first summer semester. I don't need it for anything, as I can take the class here, but I've always wanted to go to Japan, and I figured this would be a good opportunity to benefit from going. It's always been a stupid desire to have Japan be the first foreign country I ever go to. XD
Ah, so your mom came with you for now? That must be rough; I definitely understand needing alone time. As for the rest of this... do you mind if I respond to this through PM? I think I get a lot of what's going on through contact with others, though would prefer not to be talking about it in public, but I would still like to hear a little more of the story from you, give my opinion on the matter, and maybe some advice if you'd want me to.
Silly younger generation.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:31 pm
Lucky you, able to get the birthday one, that one SO irritates me. Haha. If I hadn't moved out of the country I would have had a fair amount of options back in the bay area to meet up with Gaia staff, but whatever. That one would be pretty hard for me now too. On the bright side, I am now significantly closer to Little Kuriboh, perhaps I should try and stalk him. xd

I never played Oregon Trail, how deprived I am, haha. Maybe this is why I absolutely fail on any Oregon Trail related history, I feel so un-American. stressed Oh well, I do have to say Frontier Skies looked better than most of the game type things they have, I think it's the first thing to come around (in my time on Gaia) I actually didn't even really start. I feel like such a failure there. Usually I'm OCD about that stuff, but I guess if I don't start I can't get compulsive.

I guess if achievements get more worthwhile I might go back to them, but for now (at least until I start school and find out how intense that will be for sure), I'd rather not get too involved in those.

Oh glad to here you got the medical issue resolved, and that your portfolio will most likely be accepted. And Japan would be fun, when you said study abroad I was wondering if that was where you would go, but wasn't sure if it was going to be for your major or something else. I almost did study abroad for my minor, and I kinda lament not doing it, but it just wasn't going to work out at that time. I went to Canada with my family when I was 12, so that pretty much ended any desire to control what foreign country I go to first. Though my first trip (2 years ago) that wasn't just a day trip that didn't feel very foreign was to Paris, and that might have been what I would have selected as a first, so that was nice.

Yea my mom came with me, we traveled for awhile the past week and I'm only actually just getting to Brum now. Got here yesterday afternoon, got my dorm keys today actually, though I was supposed to get them tomorrow. So still have one more night with her, and then she'll still be here for 2 days but I'll be in my dorm and can escape. I mean I love her, and we usually get along pretty well, but this trip was just too long and too confined for either of our tastes. Though I kinda always knew this would be the situation (though I didn't count on missing so many people and other life drama weighing me down).

And yea PM is fine, I didn't really want to bring it up in public either I was just kinda upset at the time and things sort of vented out. I mean I totally get it if you don't want to get into that as well, really wouldn't want to burden anyone else with my problems. But yea advice would be nice too, I pretty much have only gotten one perspective thus far, but I think everyone else I talk to is too close to it, so idk.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:29 pm
Well, you'll be able to get it in about a year or so. ^^;; That sucks though, but yes, you should totally stalk LK. XD
Ah, well it is pretty fun, though it's not like a super amazing game or not. XD You could probably find it online though. But yes, I thought Frontier Skies was superior to most Gaia games and events.
Thank you. Yes, it's for a Japanese minor. Though I won't be able to afford it unless I manage a scholarship.
That's too bad to hear, but at least you're finally getting to the end of it and starting to settle in now.
Alright, I'll send a PM after updating the guild. I don't mind getting into it; at this point I feel I've become more of an outsider again, someone who's not really involved, so I'd like to help if I can, even with just letting you vent.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:56 am
A year is so long...and ok, haha. We'll see how school goes first. I guess that should technically be my priority over stalking LK.

Probably, I think Facebook even has an Oregon Trail app (I remember rejecting a lot of invites to that). I just didn't want to get sucked into too many apps. I shall attempt to play it one day. Maybe. razz

Well good luck getting that scholarship then, I hope you do. It would be an amazing opportunity. Though the bureaucratic nonsense that goes into being an international student, I'm going to tell you, it's kind of Hell. But hopefully worth it I'll say, and it shouldn't be as bad for you being on a short summer program.

Yea, and there are a couple of roommates I really like, so that's been nice as well. We had a lot of fun bonding time last night.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:12 pm
Gasp! School a priority over LK?! Never!
Heheh, it's really more something you can just give a go one time and be good after that. XD
Thank you. Yes, I think it would be amazing, though it's probably not very likely. XD;;
I'm glad to hear it. =D  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:34 pm
I know, such blasphemy, but seriously after all I've paid into coming here (both financially, emotionally, in terms of relationships possibly lost) for my education, I had better prioritize that just a bit.

I dunno, I don't think you understand my propensity to be sucked into something, haha, but we shall see.

Well, I hope it ends up being more likely than you are guesstimating, it would be a great opportunity. I mean I gave up a study abroad opportunity, which I don't regret because at the time I decided to just make masters abroad my priority. And look here I am. I suppose if it doesn't happen, maybe just be proactive about finding another way to get to where you want to go. Leave nothing to pipe dreams (whatever that means, heh wink ).  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:11 pm
Haha, fair enough.
Ah, well thank you. Yes, it is a good opportunity, and definitely something I want to manage to do someday at least.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:00 pm
I'm sure you'll get there. I have a couple of friends who are very in love with Japan, they are both Taiwanese, hahaha. Sometimes I'm suspicious that it's just the green tea kit kats. ^_~  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:53 pm
O_O Green tea Kit Kats? ...that sounds flippin' amazing.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:50 pm
Actually they really are. Although there is a candy here that tastes like them (that's not a Kit Kat), because I remember when I first tried one that it tasted familiar. Still, Japan has a myriad of Kit Kat flavors, and that's just awesome. I'm not saying go to Japan just for Kit Kats, though maybe you should. Haha. rofl  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Hahaha, well I'm really starting to lean towards going either way, so I'd definitely want to try them while I'm there. XD I actually tried these Japanese candies yesterday that were these flipping awesome mushroom things. It was like chocolate shaped like mushroom tops, then with a little biscuit stick dipped in so it looked like a mushroom.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:13 pm
Ok I'm very tired and very immersed in a lot of heavy theory right now, so I read that last statement as mushrooms shaped like chocolate. As such, I sat here quite perplexed for awhile, trying to imagine what exactly is "the" defining, natural, concrete shape of a chocolate.

Anyhow, now out of that mire, that sounds cute, did they taste like something special or just like chocolate?

Definitely go to Japan the first opportunity you get, and try Kit Kats. And mail me some green tea ones. ^_~

Ok, I'll get to other threads later, 10 more pages, then I can pass out, and then I only have 373 pages (between a book, a chapter of a book, and 2 articles) to read tomorrow (though I need to skim an intro and skim through a 40 page something I already completed because it will require more than a cursory read before discussion)...or by 11am Monday as I'm afraid the case might be. Oh well, I'll just sleep forever Tuesday. xd  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 pm
... *bursts out laughing* Hahaha, chocolate-shaped mushrooms! That's awesome! And I have no idea what the defined shape of chocolate is.
Um, well they just tasted like biscuit sticks and chocolate, but it was quite good chocolate.
Alright, well, I've pretty much decided on going to Japan, so I'll keep that in mind. XD
Yeesh, isn't school just awesome? I had absolutely no motivation today, but my current to do list is:
Go to a museum and write a review on it, create a guerrilla marketing art campaign, finish a painting, do an entire embroidery assignment, finish a huge art project, study for a Japanese test, get a book and read it, then write a review on said book as well as two more art museums, write a paper on Islam, and start applying for scholarships/starting fundraisers for going to Japan. Fun times eh?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:24 pm
That's good, I wish you luck getting through everything you need to, I'm sure you won't regret going, even if it does end up being a little bit financially complicated right now.

I hope that wasn't a one day to do list, haha. If it is I guess I have to stop complaining. I have tons and tons and tons of readings, seminars and conferences, but I at least have a week to get through it all.

Currently, I should be reading, I think I'll traipse through the other threads quickly and then try to do at least a little bit of it before passing out.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:48 pm
After I submitted that Gaia went into "critical error" (and I tried both browsers and accounts, which at least let me know it was Gaia and not me) for about 20 minutes. I've never seen that, I don't know what it was, but it critically bothered me.

NOW to get to other threads...ya know...if it lets me. ninja  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces