Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]
Crew Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rainspelled

IRL Genius

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 pm
That seems fine, but if a person is stuck at a certain level for a while, they should be allowed to learn more than that, because if they reach that limit in a few months, but don't rank up, it can get very boring.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:06 pm
bb3000ae
Ok so Weapon Class can learn weapon styles up to 1 rank above them, everyone else at their rank. And Taijutsu Class can learn Taijutsu styles up to 1 rank above them, everyone else at their rank.

Taijutsu and Weapon Genin can learn 4 styles, Chunin can learn 8, Jonin can learn 12, Sannin can learn all.

I still don't like how many styles are allowed in the last part
I really don't think anyone can learn everything
especially weapon class itself could be already considered quite the beast by the time there sannin bb  

Naito_Are7

Anxious Genius

Shruikan Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:44 pm
Genin can learn one style, up to their rank (+1 if taijutsu or weapon)
Chunin can learn two styles up to their rank (+1)
Jonin can learn four styles up to their rank (+1)
Anbu can learn five styles up to their rank (+1)
sannin/kage can learn up to six or seven styles and fully master them (+1)

to me that should be both weapon and taijutsu. That way no one goes over kill in learning and utalizing in these styles and miraculously learn other villages without going there.

I say until your jonin, you must be taught other styles by a member of that village. It makes it more logical and also may create friendliness in other villages and then some who don't want to do that will go to war for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:38 pm
Shruikan Tenshi

to me that should be both weapon and taijutsu. That way no one goes over kill in learning and utalizing in these styles and miraculously learn other villages without going there.

I say until your jonin, you must be taught other styles by a member of that village. It makes it more logical and also may create friendliness in other villages and then some who don't want to do that will go to war for them.

I like this one  

Naito_Are7

Anxious Genius

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:37 pm
But if you look the styles each style really only has like 1-2 jutsu per stage making it around 10-15 jutsu per style. Infact stuff like the cloud weapon style only has 3 jutsu. Where Ninjutsu class gets 3 elements, a sub element, 20 genjutsu, 2 weapon/tai style, and genin medical. Where we only have like 12 taijutsu and weapon styles in all. Not to mention Weapon and Taijutsu users are only good at close to mid range battles.

But I see where you coming from just after using the cloud weapon style I mean all it does is give god like swings (which most people can just rp without learning the style) and 3 jutsu. Then im told I get 5 mroe styles and that it...jsut doesn't sit well with me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 pm
Yeah I know, which is why you have to think about which styles you really want. Granted noone likes being restricted, but if there's no restriction then people will be learning things they don't know diddly squat about. Take Ice for example, look at his profile. He knows almost every single taijutsu style and up to like half of the stages, if not more. A chunin has no business knowing that much, it wouldn't fit.

Ninjutsu users utalize chakra far more then taijutsu users can weapon masters. They have the right to having more elements and genjutsu then we do because it isn't our profession. However, I do think we ought to learn more jutsu though, and ninjutsu users shouldn't be able to master any taijutsu style.

BB, your rpc has the six tail demon, so your a beast at speed if your moving in a straight line. So....I can already tell you a handful of styles you ought to know that'll benefit you. Or, better yet you could make your own style. Its all about working with what you got  

Shruikan Tenshi

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:56 pm
Shruikan Tenshi

Yeah, seriously Snow knows more styles than I do, he hasn't mastered them but he knwos like every style up to his rank almost and I'd be willing to get rid of a few styles to enforce this rule  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:01 pm
Another example is flippin Dizzle. Yeah kats me too, I'm more then willing to toss a few styles to enforce this. I even made my own taijutsu style, takes a s**t load of posts to master each style, because I know people like to bs their way through these. Also I made it to where I have to teach it to them because not everyone knows what they are learning  

Shruikan Tenshi

Naito_Are7

Anxious Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:06 pm
Im medic
but it says we can learn anything we want though I still decided to keep just one style and I'm a kage  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 pm
alot of tiems when someoen becoems Chunnin they learn like a millio nthigns(I did it as well) and they think they are stronger than a kage, Snow challanged my Kage RPC with a gennin RPC claiming to be strong enough to beat Katsuro because he can break bone, but what they don't realize is for every rank lower tiajutsu damage gets cut for every rank so a gennin can't even scratch me with taijutsu, due to the class system

P.S. The class systems is the olny thing keeping chunnins from becoming god  

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:32 pm
Well if kats willing to lose some styles then I don't mind as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:43 pm
I just got rid of three styles, and realized that I really olny use like 2 styles lol...anyway now there's 7 on the list I could get rid of like 2 more even because I don't use drunken fist and there's like one mroe tht I didn't even remember I had because I don't use it lol

[Edit] 10 styles is too many lol  

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200

Shruikan Tenshi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:12 pm
lol I had eight or nine styles. I'll toss a few as well. We're gonna do this then?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:06 pm
I think it's a good idea,  

Katsuro Sony

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200

Shruikan Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 pm
Yeah, I'm gonna keep my custom though, that one I busted my a** making lol. I swear dizzle and ice were the first ones who wanted to know it, they even pm'd me lol  
Crew and V.C sub [Discussions]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff