Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailormoon... why the heck do people call it childish, when Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:42 am
I just reread some of my Manga and I now get it.

In the beginning they had Usagi introduce herself as Serena but everyone calls her Bunny.

Then they just switched to 'Bunny'.

*haven't finished re reading all of them quite yet.*

but yeah. I think it's for simple sake to just stay with a name.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:31 am
Toast_Lady
Sailor Moon IS a children's series though. sweatdrop The story is aimed at very young girls. Yes, the original Japanese series IS quite mature on many points, so labeling it as "childish" is innapropriate I think, but saying it's not a children's show is just plain false. Content that is acceptable in children's shows and comics differs greatly between the US and Japan.

I agree that Sailor Moon is a story that people of all ages can enjoy, and it's fanbase really did spread far. I don't think anyone should be embarrassed by the fact that Sailor Moon's target audience is young girls...I mean Disney movies have a young target audience but are loved worldwide by all ages.

I disagree. Sailor Moon was meant for 16+, starting in Japan. The comics are for the same age group. Disney is MEANT for children, whereas most animes, including Sailor Moon is for teenagers and up. It is NOT a children's series. It never was meant to be. But our US Government dubbed it so much to make it suitable for 8 and up. Which is rediculous. Who cares who watches what, but I'm arguing for the mere fact that sailor moon is NOT a "Children's Show" like fricken' Barney and crap.

mrgreen

(^_^);;;  

Lady Kaibi Tsukushino

E l a n n i a

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:12 am
what channels are sailor moon on know it stoped showing when i was 12  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:28 am
Toast_Lady
Sailor Moon IS a children's series though. sweatdrop The story is aimed at very young girls. Yes, the original Japanese series IS quite mature on many points, so labeling it as "childish" is innapropriate I think, but saying it's not a children's show is just plain false. Content that is acceptable in children's shows and comics differs greatly between the US and Japan.

I agree that Sailor Moon is a story that people of all ages can enjoy, and it's fanbase really did spread far. I don't think anyone should be embarrassed by the fact that Sailor Moon's target audience is young girls...I mean Disney movies have a young target audience but are loved worldwide by all ages.

I agree, but remember in Japan lesbians and such serious matters are okay, its just the American version just makes it more childish. And remember a lot of people started watching anime through Sailor Moon when they were younger. Most of my guy friends won't admit it, but they used to watch SM with the moonies of today when they were kids..

Bottom line-The American version is for little kids, where as Japan..well their kids aren't as censored as we are.. sweatdrop

And so what? Most of the people say its a kiddy show because their not man enough to admit they used to watch it..lol  

Potado

TheBloodRoseAngel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:00 pm
stare This is true I hate the US for messing around with shows it's down right stupid evil and freaking anoying xp  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:19 pm
ps: I think they also censored an episode where Mamoru is naked... heard that some/most fans found it funny.

plus, they never showed the parts with nehelenia and galaxia in singapore...

oh how they anger me.

The only way i knew of these two villains was because they sold sailormoon cards(but stoppped selling them 2 years ago) and on them, were pictures of certain characters whom i had recognised in the manga...

>< The dubbers are all total morons if ya ask me.

In the manga, they can't keep to one name...good grief.  

Tanith_4486

blackelement09

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:31 pm
The American dub made the show seem childish, but the uncut version is way more sofisticated. The edited version is childish, but they edited it to make it that way, with those weird "sailor says" and stuff. But I don't really think that we could convince anyone who thinks sailor moon is a kids show otherwise.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:21 pm
The dub just makes SM too childish. I like the uncuts better. I've just finished watching Stars, and I have to say that it certainly is not childish towards the end.  

Mercuryangel
Crew

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:29 am
DarkAngelCat
stare This is true I hate the US for messing around with shows it's down right stupid evil and freaking anoying xp

agreed!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:37 am
Hey, I heard that the USA also messed with their own cartoon the simpsons

That was not related to sailormoon, but see? The Usa meses with too many things!

Look here! stop this confusion!><  

Tanith_4486

Twinkleh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:57 am
Actually,the dub is meant for 5-12 year olds when the original is meant for much much older people.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:49 am
true. hence i dislike the dub even though i grew up on it.... : xp gonk scream stressed  

Tanith_4486

tear_drop_gal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:21 pm
DudeOnSkateboard
Dammit! Sailor Moon is NOT CHILDISH!!
But, I've only seen up to the end of series 5...(sorry, i don't know the names of them or anything)

AND YOU KNOW WHY?! THEY TOOK IT OFF TV BECAUSE IT WAS TOO DUMB FOR A TEENAGERS CHANNEL!!!! scream scream
I wish they never took it off.....THE PEOPLE WHO TOOKIT OFF ARE REALLY ******** UP!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:28 am

User Image

Well, there are two kinds of childish.

Childish as in immature? No. Childish as in made for children? Only the dub version. Unfortunately, the dub version was more geared for children, so it comes across as kind of silly. The dub version was the first version I fell in love with, so I don't mind. Now that I own the Japanese versions too, it just created a whole new love for the series.

User Image

Zombeficent

Hygienic Lover

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:40 am
I absolutely detest dubbers, especially the ones in sailormoon! you s*******s ruined the manga by making the names confusing! You either put serena in all the pages sailor moon/usagi is in or... you... you should never... you don't put usagi in a page taht sailormoon/ usagi is in then later on call her serena and then confuse us all! argh.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff