Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Fashion Advice
What makes someone Emo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

N!0L

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:03 am
[Putcoolnamehere]
It's the music.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:02 pm
D=

Someone who listens to emo music of course.

Bronn the Sellsword

MaxstertheBard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:14 am
I think the music is part of it, but the music wouldn't exist if there weren't emo thoughts and ideas behind it, right?
So the music is part of it. But ideas. I don't want to say philosophy, but that's what it boils down to, I guess.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:04 am
It originated from the music, but where did the music originate from?

I agree. the ideas behind it all are what make it, well, it.

However, kinda hating the fact that some ideas, ie. claiming sexual ambiguity (ie.saying your bisexual because everyone else is) is just stupid. Unless, of course, you are, in which case, I have nothing against you.

sweatdrop Sorry.  

Sanguin Sakura

MaxstertheBard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:59 pm
Hay, dude. Don't apologize. I agree completely with you. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:14 pm
dark_angel65324
Okay I just want to know what do u think makes some one emo I mean I know what I think but I just want to know what u think

An overarching sense of worthlessness and self pitty brought on by exaggerating problems that could be solved iby simple methods and instead opting for the dramatic path in life, which leads to eternal heart ache and unrest.  

Rellik San
Captain

fullmeatgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:15 pm
or if emo music is your life sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:34 am
I think it's one of those terms that can't be defined like goth and punk. In somewhat way, yeah music should be a part of it, but where did the music originate from? You can't necessarily say that it's all about the music, because then almost everyone is emo, then there wouldn't posers. I think it also has to do with your train of thought and being in touch in your emotions. I don't know, excuse me I'm just going off of what I feel at the moment.  

Amabecy Rose

shotgun-2-parasite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:40 pm
emo is not about music or actions, it is about your feelings. Emo, as all of you know, stands for emotional. Hell, you could dress in smilley faces and still be emo. It is about tour senceivity twords yourself, the peaople arround you, and the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:41 pm
Music,and the hair,really its the music but i just love choppy hair heart  

xx z o m b i e

-Isel-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:58 pm
Music, thoughts, ideas

the look is just what goes with it, that's optional

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:56 pm
i think its the music and if u acually r emotionall i dont care though because people will make fun of us anyways  

Lord of the night490

VIP Security

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:05 pm
the music but thats not all!! people who had an bad, emotional past and/or present, also the hair, gotta love the hair!! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:20 am
well... last year i would have said that listening to emo music makes you an emo kid. but all the preps in my school got their hands on a cd of mine and now practically everyone in school likes emo music, but makes fun of emo kids. so i have changed it to:

you're emo if you understands the music. if you can listen to it and know what they're talking about even though the singer isn't singing about it directly. If you're creative and respect the creative community. and most of all, you can only be emo if you kick a**. whee  

crazed4now

Fashionable Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Megathread 100

Hugsei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:19 pm
HellMistress_Frizzy
Akuneko
Can you really be 'emo'? 'Emo' is a type of music, not human. I can't be a 'techno' person if I listen to 'techno' music... ??

rofl you have a point there, I like your sense of reasoning. But you can be "punk" if you listen to punk music right? I think we're all just too tied up into this label thing "oh he's emo, but she's punk, that other guy's just a poser blah blah blah" how about we're all just people...
Every type of music has it's own style to go with it. Emo = emo, punk = punk, alternative = goth, rap = gangsta' ect.  
Fashion Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff