Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Personal Issues [LOCKED]
Religious Issues Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noa Hayato

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
I was just thinking about this and I really like to know what you guys think about it.

The ten commandments, they're so much intergrated into our community. We don't steal, we don't kill, we're not supposed to cheat on our husbands and wives, we don't lie in court, we all have at least one day of the week off and we have to respect our moms and dads. Doesn't that make us all follow at least half of those commandments, without even being christian?
I find it very funny that all other religions follow them too, though I always thought they were really part of the Christian history.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm
Noa Hayato
I was just thinking about this and I really like to know what you guys think about it.

The ten commandments, they're so much intergrated into our community. We don't steal, we don't kill, we're not supposed to cheat on our husbands and wives, we don't lie in court, we all have at least one day of the week off and we have to respect our moms and dads. Doesn't that make us all follow at least half of those commandments, without even being christian?
I find it very funny that all other religions follow them too, though I always thought they were really part of the Christian history.

I think God left me out of that statement...  

Oni_Soul

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:12 pm
Huntur
This isn't an arguement. It is a discussion.. Really. No one is getting mad here and no one is upset or being offended (in my opinon.) We are just settling difference by simple conversation. That is what this guild does, settles difference without causing too much of a fight.

I'm not saying that anybodies being angry, but whatever you would like to call it, debates, arguments, discussions, lead to nowhere. Especially here in Gaia. You want to here how bad it is? I decided to do a small experiment some time ago (i could probably scrounge it up through some intense searching) and made a post within the general discussion place and named a topic called "Christianity". I didn't put no description, nothing. Do you know how many vulgar and extremely unnescary posts I got within that topic bashing on Christianity? It was very disheartening. Now you may just say thats the internet for you, but literally the sheer amount of was just to much to read. All had nothing good to say about Christianity and thats when I decided not to bring up the topic anymore because it leads to nowhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:03 am
Blargitude
I BELONG TO THE RELIGION OF BRO! WHERE WE ARE ALL BROS, I HAPPEN TO BE THE BROLIEST OF ALL BROLY BROS AND EVERYONE BROSPECTS ME! OUR GOD IS BROSEIDON, IN THE GREAT TIME HE SHALL MAKE THE WORLD ALL HARDCORE AND CAUSE PENGUINS TO GROW LASER BEAMS ON THEIR FACES AND BE ALL LIKE "PEW PEW".

Blarg, this may not be an arguement, but it is a serious discussion.  

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:05 am
jwalker67
Huntur
This isn't an arguement. It is a discussion.. Really. No one is getting mad here and no one is upset or being offended (in my opinon.) We are just settling difference by simple conversation. That is what this guild does, settles difference without causing too much of a fight.

I'm not saying that anybodies being angry, but whatever you would like to call it, debates, arguments, discussions, lead to nowhere. Especially here in Gaia. You want to here how bad it is? I decided to do a small experiment some time ago (i could probably scrounge it up through some intense searching) and made a post within the general discussion place and named a topic called "Christianity". I didn't put no description, nothing. Do you know how many vulgar and extremely unnescary posts I got within that topic bashing on Christianity? It was very disheartening. Now you may just say thats the internet for you, but literally the sheer amount of was just to much to read. All had nothing good to say about Christianity and thats when I decided not to bring up the topic anymore because it leads to nowhere.

It is that exact reason that we are here talking about it today. To try to lessen the negative and broaden the knowledge of people towards Christianity and any other religion.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:11 am
And that therein lies the problem. People are so stubborn these days that no one wants to change, even if it is for the truthful better for themselves, and the world.  

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:52 am
Now that is where the trouble STARTS, the stereo typical idea that no one would want to change.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am
I apologize, that is not what I mean, after all, I want to change (everybody has problems), but I am speaking from experience when I say that many people just refuse to listen to the truth.  

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:10 am
I'm not getting upset or angry, so there is no reason to apologize. This debate can go on for throusands of years and still not be settled, but I want to be able to share the word with people and feel good about it. The average person hears the word 7.7 times before he/she accepts Jesus.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:46 am
I'm apologizing cause I said something I shouldn't have. I didn't mean what I said, it just came out the wrong way.  

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:38 pm
Haha no problem bro. Its all good.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:44 pm
yom!

@ Mintchan. The reason why people follow those commandments have nothing to do with the fact that they are the commandments, It's just that killing, stealing, not lying, etc. Are all just obviously bad things. People are raised not wanting to do bad, and therefore they don't do it. I'm sure if the commandments were diffferent, we would still not go around killing and stealing.  

WereWeasels

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:57 am
Huntur
Constipated Emotion
Ok so I decided I was athiest one day during church and the priest was in the middle of a sermon about hell. Lets just say I was a very very very very bold kid who was wise for his age.XD
I sort of raised my hand and he asked me what I wanted, so I was like. "If god is real why wont he let us know? Why is cancer here? Did those people do something horrible to deserve it? Whats the point in worshipping a god that does nothing for his people?" The priest got all flustered and couldn't answer my questions lol. I wasn't aloud in the church anymore. XD
So since then people find out that I'm an athiest and I really dont care. People give me so much s**t about it that it gets annoying though. So one time this group of kids were having a bible study during lunch. After it was over they gathered around me and proceded to beat the s**t out of me. I pretty much sat there bleeding and said. "Well youve beat the s**t out of someone for a lack of belief. Have fun in hell if its real." And they looked all shocked so I grinned a bloody-toothed grin and they freaked out and ran away. lol.
The next day I beat the s**t out of all the guys and was like. "I dont have to worry about hell because I dont believe in it." They got all pissed off.
Then one of them called me a c***k, which I laughed at because its a racist term for vietnemese and I'm white. XD
SoI told him and he looked like an idiot. So I grabbed his hair and smashed his face into a wall then kicked him in the ribs for a few minutes and told him it was for the effort of trying to insult me. XD

Then they all talked to me the next day and told me I would go to hell for not believeing. I told them that they were going to hell FOR believeing. I mean more war is caused by religion then anything else in the world.

And thats my crazy a** religion story. XD

I find this HIGHLY untrue. I am a strong believer in Christianity and am a strong Christian. I have seen many preachers where I am from tomple this question down with almost the same exact answer that I find more plausible each and every day, "The good may prosper, yet so they may fall. But what need would there be for him if there was no bad in the world? Our God has a need to be feared and needed by all people of the earth, in thus must allow some sort of chaos to go on in order to keep the dependence on him. There is no chaos he is not in control of, so it is not like he is losing his hold on things and letting people die. He is proving a point to make the relationship between him and his people stronger."

You see, it is not by the good deeds of God that we must believe in him, it is the fear of the negative events happening that would lead us to fear and believe in a higher power.

Morals really are only conceived because we don't want things like that happening to us. I doubt you'll find a bunch of people who want to just be shot up because somebody was bored or something. Dx

The same goes with stealing and all that.

About religion, I believe more in Ideas than a Supreme Being. However, I am NOT christian because I believe that if there was a perfect being, he wouldn't need to be 'feared' or whatnot and won't be afraid of losing influence among the world. The bible tells me to fear God, but that sounds like the god they are describing is all 'high-and-mighty' and 'full of himself', which makes me think that it's a load of bullcrap. Why would a Supreme Being that can do whatever it wants need us to believe in it?

So, I believe in morals such as the no stealing/killing and that stuff, but I can't believe in the Christian God, or most of the other gods. I also believe that if there IS a god (or goddess, I suppose...or just 'being') then he doesn't need us to worship him and is instead letting us live for the sake of living.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:35 pm
WereWeasels
yom!

@ Mintchan. The reason why people follow those commandments have nothing to do with the fact that they are the commandments, It's just that killing, stealing, not lying, etc. Are all just obviously bad things. People are raised not wanting to do bad, and therefore they don't do it. I'm sure if the commandments were diffferent, we would still not go around killing and stealing.

But the reason people feel as though stealing and lying and killing are wrong is because the Bible says that the Lord has hidden his word in our hearts, so that we may not trespass against him.  

iHuntur

4,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

VanillaBear 166

2,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 pm
lenon01
Huntur
Constipated Emotion
Ok so I decided I was athiest one day during church and the priest was in the middle of a sermon about hell. Lets just say I was a very very very very bold kid who was wise for his age.XD
I sort of raised my hand and he asked me what I wanted, so I was like. "If god is real why wont he let us know? Why is cancer here? Did those people do something horrible to deserve it? Whats the point in worshipping a god that does nothing for his people?" The priest got all flustered and couldn't answer my questions lol. I wasn't aloud in the church anymore. XD
So since then people find out that I'm an athiest and I really dont care. People give me so much s**t about it that it gets annoying though. So one time this group of kids were having a bible study during lunch. After it was over they gathered around me and proceded to beat the s**t out of me. I pretty much sat there bleeding and said. "Well youve beat the s**t out of someone for a lack of belief. Have fun in hell if its real." And they looked all shocked so I grinned a bloody-toothed grin and they freaked out and ran away. lol.
The next day I beat the s**t out of all the guys and was like. "I dont have to worry about hell because I dont believe in it." They got all pissed off.
Then one of them called me a c***k, which I laughed at because its a racist term for vietnemese and I'm white. XD
SoI told him and he looked like an idiot. So I grabbed his hair and smashed his face into a wall then kicked him in the ribs for a few minutes and told him it was for the effort of trying to insult me. XD

Then they all talked to me the next day and told me I would go to hell for not believeing. I told them that they were going to hell FOR believeing. I mean more war is caused by religion then anything else in the world.

And thats my crazy a** religion story. XD

I find this HIGHLY untrue. I am a strong believer in Christianity and am a strong Christian. I have seen many preachers where I am from tomple this question down with almost the same exact answer that I find more plausible each and every day, "The good may prosper, yet so they may fall. But what need would there be for him if there was no bad in the world? Our God has a need to be feared and needed by all people of the earth, in thus must allow some sort of chaos to go on in order to keep the dependence on him. There is no chaos he is not in control of, so it is not like he is losing his hold on things and letting people die. He is proving a point to make the relationship between him and his people stronger."

You see, it is not by the good deeds of God that we must believe in him, it is the fear of the negative events happening that would lead us to fear and believe in a higher power.

Morals really are only conceived because we don't want things like that happening to us. I doubt you'll find a bunch of people who want to just be shot up because somebody was bored or something. Dx

The same goes with stealing and all that.

About religion, I believe more in Ideas than a Supreme Being. However, I am NOT christian because I believe that if there was a perfect being, he wouldn't need to be 'feared' or whatnot and won't be afraid of losing influence among the world. The bible tells me to fear God, but that sounds like the god they are describing is all 'high-and-mighty' and 'full of himself', which makes me think that it's a load of bullcrap. Why would a Supreme Being that can do whatever it wants need us to believe in it?

So, I believe in morals such as the no stealing/killing and that stuff, but I can't believe in the Christian God, or most of the other gods. I also believe that if there IS a god (or goddess, I suppose...or just 'being') then he doesn't need us to worship him and is instead letting us live for the sake of living.

God doesnt need you to beleive in him. He wants you to. He loves each and every person on the earth no matter who they are. God is almighty,Humans should fear him,respect him but most importantly try to love him as he loves us but that it impossible. If what you said is true then those kids who attacked you are wrong. The bible says pray for the lost,and befriend your enemy. Violence begets only more Violence as in you attacking them. God does everything for you,every second of life is a gift that we dont deserve. Jesus came and died for us,a man who did nothing wrong,so you could die and be freed of all sin. He died for YOU. Any other questions friend? I mean this in the most honest and loving way possible  
Personal Issues [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff