Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo better have something else up there sleeves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nintendo?
  Butt kicks?
  Diabolical schemes hiding behind innocent Japanese faces.
  *acts like an angry monkey*
View Results

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:32 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I have two Gamestops within a half a mile between each other. Thanks, GS. That's totally necessary.

I can't wait until digital distribution becomes the norm. Simply kill any possibility for used game nonsense and rental bullshit.
I second that. You will lose some of the convenience, but beats a future of entertaining ourselves with alternative means. I shudder at the thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:33 pm
Owwin
Trenn Flashkill
I have two Gamestops within a half a mile between each other. Thanks, GS. That's totally necessary.

I can't wait until digital distribution becomes the norm. Simply kill any possibility for used game nonsense and rental bullshit.
I second that. You will lose some of the convenience, but beats a future of entertaining ourselves with alternative means. I shudder at the thought.

Hey, if it would let me find a copy of Silent Hill 2, I'm all for it.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:37 pm
Waynebrizzle
Owwin
Trenn Flashkill

Could you guys imagine? No more rare, hard-to-find games. Every purchase will give developers their precious monies. While the lack of rentals would suck, I'm sure we'd see an increase in robust demos. Hell, that's how I evaluate a lot of games nowadays anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:39 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Owwin
Trenn Flashkill

Could you guys imagine? No more rare, hard-to-find games. Every purchase will give developers their precious monies. While the lack of rentals would suck, I'm sure we'd see an increase in robust demos. Hell, that's how I evaluate a lot of games nowadays anyway.

We would just need to stop the pirates, since the digital distribution seems to be their main method of EVIL.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:48 pm
Waynebrizzle
We would just need to stop the pirates, since the digital distribution seems to be their main method of EVIL.
Hearing the figures for Modern Warfare 2 really woke me up to just how evil piracy is. I think Steam is a pretty solid service. At least I haven't heard anything about rampant piracy on there.

Also, the PS3's security has been tighter than a gnat's a**. I think I heard about a recent hack, but it virtually requires the user to jump through burning hoops. If future consoles could be a stalwart as that, the bleeding would slow down a lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:55 pm
If we want to stop software pirates, we are gonna need hardware ninjas. I hear they don't get along. Just send a guy in black in to throw a sharp thing through their rig. That'll teach em.  

Owwin

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm
Owwin
If we want to stop software pirates, we are gonna need hardware ninjas. I hear they don't get along. Just send a guy in black in to throw a sharp thing through their rig. That'll teach em.
It's brilliant. If I was president, I'd sign it, seal it and stamp the wax.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm
User Image
...But I like getting my games with old exploitable save data on them.

And the old console experience.

And the pride of owning my gold cart OoT.

cry

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:01 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
...But I like getting my games used.

And the pride of owning of my gold cart OoT.

cry

User Image
You could still have those. Just think how special your OoT would be once carts and discs are no more.

But f your used games.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:06 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
...But I like getting my games used.

And the pride of owning of my gold cart OoT.

cry

User Image
You could still have those. Just think how special your OoT would be once carts and discs are no more.

But f your used games.
User Image
f their prices. If you're gonna charge me $50 for a single brand-new DS game, you're damn right I'm gonna wait a few months. Not only will the used games only be like $20, but the new game will have fallen to $30 because something else is selling better. If they can still make a profit off of selling it for $30 in the end, then the real scam is charging $50 for it on release.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:10 pm
Then again the manufacturing of the actual hard disk has to create some jobs, would be a shame to see that go.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:14 pm
Owwin
Then again the manufacturing of the actual hard disk has to create some jobs, would be a shame to see that go.
User Image
Not to mention those super cool kids at the Microplay up the street would be outta jobs too. And they sell merchandise and s**t, not just games, so I would rage if they closed. You can't digitally distribute plush Kirbies, no sir-ee.

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:15 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
Owwin
User Image
Not to mention those super cool kids at the Microplay up the street would be outta jobs too. And they sell merchandise and s**t, not just games, so I would rage if they closed. You can't digitally distribute plush Kirbies, no sir-ee.

User Image
Maybe they could make it on the merchandise alone?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:19 pm
Digital distribution is almost always cheaper than hard copies. Plus the elimination of discs would mean we can finally be rid of optic drives. When a system goes, it's usually the lens that's ******** up. Plus, the less moving parts the better. Maybe MS could slap together a machine that doesn't sound like it's about to liftoff.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:23 pm
Owwin
Lady Psycho Sexy
Owwin
User Image

User Image
Maybe they could make it on the merchandise alone?
User Image
Doubt it. Their big draw is their huge selection of older used games and consoles, and the fact that they don't overprice them regardless of rarity. I got Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon there for $10 just a few weeks after the guy at the pawn shop told me I'd never find a copy for less than $150, and they have a consistent supply of Segas, Dreamcasts, Regular and Super Nintendos, etc, under $30 with 1 controller and 10% off a game, some of which I've seen at pawn shops for over $100 on their own. Some locations even do used DVDs.

I don't really see the big deal about buying new over used. Saying it puts companies out of business is like saying garage sales close Ikeas. :/ There are enough people who don't want to buy used to cover the losses from the people who do, especially when release prices are sometimes $20-30 above the game's price just a few months later.

User Image

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces