Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Sluggish Simpleton vs. Black Scottish Cyclops Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which easily stabbable class will get the mystery 7th weapon?
  The insane one
  The drunk one
View Results

Hashire Kazemeijin

Distinct Enabler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:12 pm
Meta_Fish
Hashire Kazemeijin
And before anyone says just use the sword itself and keep the Launcher, the sword is useless without it's Shield, as it will never crit.
Crits are not the only way to kill things.

I was going to say something about how dumb it is to get rid of the sticky launcher, but for everyone like Hash that QQs about demos being so overpowered, I guess this is Valve's weird solution. I imagine that the third weapon will be an explosion-based one to even it all out.

It seemed weird to me (probably not you) that the sniper got a bow instead of a sniper rifle, but it ended up working pretty well in the end and there was nothing to worry about. I think people spend too much time worrying that Valve doesn't know what they're doing rather than having faith in them. Still, the shield is weird.

The point I was getting at though, is that the Demo gear derives from the Demo's purpose. It's like making him a totally new class. At least with the Huntsman the Sniper still has the same basic role. Stand in the back lines and take out people from afar. The Sword/Shield Makes the Demo from a midline artillery/swift deconstruction class, to an up close precise striking melee class.

And I know yu don't NEED crits to make a melee weapon useful. I'm just making the point that it'd be pointless to take the Eyelander without the Targe. Before this update, would yu ever think to take out your Scrumpy Bottle and charge at that Sniper or Heavy while wounded? The sword by itself is basically like this since yu lose some HP, lack precision killing, and have the Demo's slightly slower than 100% movement speed.

That all being said, I'm not complaining about it all since this means my Spy antics won't have to worry about walking through a blast field cloaked and getting detonated because a random Scout caught up with me.

As for the Direct Hit, awesome. I'm definitely using this. Although Rocket Jumps will sting a bit more now.

As for body count

Soldier:5,056,134

Demo:4,923,531

Difference of 132.6k Demomen are kicking it into overdrive. Get your butt in gear, Soldiers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:16 pm
I think I know what the Soldier's new melee weapon will be...  

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:39 pm
I think people will be so eager to play with the Demo's claymore that 2 thing will probably happen... More people will play as demo... More BAD people will play as a demo.

The weapons arne't available yet, but the achievements that will unlock them are, right? ANYWHO... watevah.

I never use sticky bombs anyway, I actually prefer bouncing 'nades.

I camp a corner and can hold that s**t down... and for capture points it is an a** kicking machine. Up close the demoman is pretty much useless, in my opinion. I guess you can use stickies and blow them before they land...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 pm
Terara Drakon
Uh oh soldier weapon

THE DIRECT HIT
Pretty cool. This one seems to make more sense, since it's just a different kind of rocket launcher. I don't think I'll be very good with it though. XD I wonder how rocket jumping will be now, and how hard they are to reflect.

Harusame Mizukishi
Don't leave us in suspense!

Hashire Kazemeijin
The point I was getting at though, is that the Demo gear derives from the Demo's purpose. It's like making him a totally new class. At least with the Huntsman the Sniper still has the same basic role. Stand in the back lines and take out people from afar. The Sword/Shield Makes the Demo from a midline artillery/swift deconstruction class, to an up close precise striking melee class.

And I know yu don't NEED crits to make a melee weapon useful. I'm just making the point that it'd be pointless to take the Eyelander without the Targe. Before this update, would yu ever think to take out your Scrumpy Bottle and charge at that Sniper or Heavy while wounded? The sword by itself is basically like this since yu lose some HP, lack precision killing, and have the Demo's slightly slower than 100% movement speed.

That all being said, I'm not complaining about it all since this means my Spy antics won't have to worry about walking through a blast field cloaked and getting detonated because a random Scout caught up with me.
I know, and I was agreeing with you. But you want "detract" and not "deride." Deride would be applicable if the new weapons were bombs. I just thought the bow and arrow would make the sniper not a sniper. It just didn't seem to make much sense to me. But it totally worked. Granted, we don't know how this shield will work, I'm just saying that we should give them some faith.

I take my bottle out if I'm in close quarters combat and none of my weapons are reloaded. That's mostly it. If I'm going against a Heavy or a Sniper (although I'm not sure why a sniper would be a terrible enemy to use a bottle against, I'm probably just missing something) I'll grab my bottle and at least try to get a couple of hits in before I go down. I imagine that the sword is stronger than the bottle and it might have better range, but just as I don't know the specifics, neither do you.

Do you play Spy? You should tawk about that some more. razz

[Kegan]
I think people will be so eager to play with the Demo's claymore that 2 thing will probably happen... More people will play as demo... More BAD people will play as a demo.

The weapons arne't available yet, but the achievements that will unlock them are, right? ANYWHO... watevah.

I camp a corner and can hold that s**t down... and for capture points it is an a** kicking machine. Up close the demoman is pretty much useless, in my opinion. I guess you can use stickies and blow them before they land...
The achievements aren't out yet. At the end of the week they should be.

I'm terrible with the grenade launcher because I don't play demo much. Sticky bombs are the way to go, in my opinion, and it's always fun to trap someone between them and detonate them, or to know someone is coming around a corner to die.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 pm
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi

Look at what's taped to the bottom of the table.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 pm
Meta_Fish
[Kegan]

The achievements aren't out yet. At the end of the week they should be.

I'm terrible with the grenade launcher because I don't play demo much. Sticky bombs are the way to go, in my opinion, and it's always fun to trap someone between them and detonate them, or to know someone is coming around a corner to die.
I always get killed if I try to wait s**t out... People just don't play into my hand like that... especially in levels like 2fort where a pyro is just gonna run through and kill everyone(Me at least... every time)  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:59 pm
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi

Just a knife? Lame.

[Kegan]
I always get killed if I try to wait s**t out... People just don't play into my hand like that... especially in levels like 2fort where a pyro is just gonna run through and kill everyone(Me at least... every time)
You gotta get space! It's hard to learn how to play all the classes. There should be some kind of tiering system for the game so that newbies are sent to newbier servers and the more you play and better you get the higher servers you could go to. It would be a b***h to just be starting out now. I'd be so god damn confused.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 pm
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi

Just a knife? Lame.

I bet you he can throw it.  

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 pm
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi

Just a knife? Lame.

That's kind of what I was wondering, too. That would be neat.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:11 pm
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi

Just a knife? Lame.

That's kind of what I was wondering, too. That would be neat.

It would be like, "******** your sword, I got a throwing ******** your throwing knife, I got a ******** you shield, I got faster ******** your rockets, I got s**t that hasn't been revealed yet."

"Yeah? Well, me too..."

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi

Just a knife? Lame.

It wouldn't be a melee weapon then.

Detract then, thanks. As for the melee situation, I too pull melees as a last ditch effort. I was just trying to paint the picture of using your melee weapon first and primary with that scenario. Suppose I could have done better.

And yes, I'm a Spy main. Got 85 hours logged on him alone, and a LEGIT 5 hour longest life, courtesy of Dead Ringer.

Also, the throwing weapon thing was totally my idea. Except it was for Spy. And a Kunai.

Hashire Kazemeijin

Distinct Enabler

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 pm
Regulust
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Harusame Mizukishi

Just a knife? Lame.

Attack 1: Normal slash
Attack 2: Throw.

Alt. fire, 'cuz.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:14 pm
Harusame Mizukishi
Regulust
Harusame Mizukishi
Meta_Fish
Just a knife? Lame.

Attack 1: Normal slash
Attack 2: Throw.

Alt. fire, 'cuz.

Alright. Makes sense... i guess.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:16 pm
Harusame Mizukishi
It would be like, "******** your sword, I got a throwing ******** your throwing knife, I got a ******** you shield, I got faster ******** your rockets, I got s**t that hasn't been revealed yet."

"Yeah? Well, me too..."
Haha, exactly. And then the demoman would say "******** your unrevealed s**t, I have the fourth weapon!" ,)

xd I don't think he'll win, I just hope it's really close to make it more fun. How many kills does everybody have?

Harusame wtfever
Regulust

It would be a secondary fire, and you might only get one? The sandvich isn't really a weapon either.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff