Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Monster Hunter Tri~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you hunt
  Sword and Shield: Jack of all trades. Defense, mobility, light raw slashing damage with good elemental and status damage
  Lance: Defensive wall. The lance's shield is almost impregnable, and while raw damage is light, you can get in lots of pokes and keep your shield up. Good elemental damage
  Longsword: Offense only. Fast chaining combo swings, good raw power, good elemental power. Be ready to resharpen
  Greatsword: Offense and defense, low mobility. Incredible crushing and slashing power, can block. big, slow, and devastating. Charge attack is deadly powerful
  Hammer: Offense and mobility. Short reach, high power. Besides greatswords has some of the best raw power of all weapon types. Aim for the head.
  Switch Axe: Speed and power when you need them. Just switch from an axe to a sword depending on the situation. Elemental discharge to rip through monsters.
  Bowgun: The bigger the gun the more powerful the ammo fired, but larger weapons have less mobility. Stay back and let the blademasters take the front lines.
  Gunlance, Dual Swords, Hunting Horn, Bow: My weapon was taken from me. Damn you Capcom!
  Undecided: Still have to get comfortable with everything? That's fine. There will be hunters to back you up online.
View Results

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:25 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Owwin
Harupiggy
Owwin
Felyne partners aren't in this. It is some shakalaka off breed. I think Felynes are just chefs now.

Chacha

ChaCha promo vid

FFFFFFFUUUU-

In Monster Hunter 3 (PSP) you can have two Felynes with you.
That's bullshit, I am starting to think Capcom left stuff out of Tri~ on purpose.

"We had to cut features for the Wii due to limitations. Expect these features to make a return on the iPhone port."
DOOOOOOOGH  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:31 pm
Owwin
Trenn Flashkill
Owwin
Harupiggy
Owwin
Felyne partners aren't in this. It is some shakalaka off breed. I think Felynes are just chefs now.

Chacha

ChaCha promo vid

FFFFFFFUUUU-

In Monster Hunter 3 (PSP) you can have two Felynes with you.
That's bullshit, I am starting to think Capcom left stuff out of Tri~ on purpose.

"We had to cut features for the Wii due to limitations. Expect these features to make a return on the iPhone port."
DOOOOOOOGH
xd  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 am
If chacha doesn't make all of the silly noises he makes in the promo vid as he fights for me I am gonna be upset. Silly noises might actually put chachas above felynes for me. I mean, meowing? Step it up felynes.

Laeja, unta unta, chaaaa, unta unta.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 am
I like felynes. sad  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:26 am
It's a little discouraging seeing all the content in that game that's not in Tri.

Then again, good games aren't about content as much as polish, and even just the demo of Tri seemed really slick to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 pm
THink about it though. With the Wii, do we really need the Felynes? They only reason they were in MHFU was because there was no online play, so that a Hunter could have at least a distraction if they had no one else to play with.

With the Wii, we don't really need the Felynes. I mean, you get a good amount of people who don't have anyone else to play with and no online, and that'll suck for them. For the most part though, most people with a Wii will have wi-fi.

Or you at least have a second set of the Wiimote/Nunchuck.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:04 pm
Yeah, and the entire point of the game is to play online, so it would be kind of dumb for someone without a connection to buy it in the first place.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:34 pm
I thought sequels were supposed to have more features, not less. This is like Dynasty Warriors. xd Not that I'm real upset or anything. I still get to be a long sword-wielding, bad mofo killing wyverns online with my buddies. As long as they don't remove any one of those aspects, I'll be a happy hunter.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:37 pm
Yeah I guess I can't complain about losing Hunting Horn when I gain online play and underwater play. Also it isn't like helpers were taken out. I think the Felyne Kitchen is still around, and the Chacha looks better than felynes in some aspects.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 pm
Owwin
Yeah I guess I can't complain about losing Hunting Horn when I gain online play and underwater play. Also it isn't like helpers were taken out. I think the Felyne Kitchen is still around, and the Chacha looks better than felynes in some aspects.

True. As long as the Chacha heal, I'm fine with them.

I dunno. I was never one for Longswords even though I didn't suck with them. I was better with the Horn and DS.

Unless they put in a new way to support your team.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:47 pm
Harupiggy
Owwin

True. As long as the Chacha heal, I'm fine with them.

I dunno. I was never one for Longswords even though I didn't suck with them. I was better with the Horn and DS.

Unless they put in a new way to support your team.
The chacha can heal and do buff dances.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 pm
i think my weapon of choice is gonna be a switch axe, then my alt choice would be a lance or sword and shield, i like being able to block sometimes too. but the great sword is a bit slow for me.  

Xilo The Odd

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Xilo The Odd
i think my weapon of choice is gonna be a switch axe, then my alt choice would be a lance or sword and shield, i like being able to block sometimes too. but the great sword is a bit slow for me.
Great sword is ridiculous slow, but if you have good timing you can stop almost anything mid attack with a charge swing. You can bat them right outta the sky. I haven't been really good with one since the first game, I kinda wanna relearn it.

Lance and SnS are excellent choices. With most weapons you hit your teammates and send them flying and they cry cause you messed up their combos. Lance and SnS only have a couple attacks that really disturb teammates. Lance's is the joust charge.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 am
I feel like lance should have had more damage... I couldn't kill anything int he space of the demo time, even if I was god damn indestructible.(Poison eventually got me)  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 am
[Kegan]
I feel like lance should have had more damage... I couldn't kill anything int he space of the demo time, even if I was god damn indestructible.(Poison eventually got me)
Lance is actually really good, you just gotta make sure you hit them in their weak spots. I think pecco is weak on his noggin.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff