Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Warfront: Excessum ex Machina (OOC chatroom) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

krcangel

Sparkly Hunter

4,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:19 am
yea, i couldn't really think of anything that sounded dangerous enough, which is why i left it out. but yea, it's got to be something seriously bad otherwise there would be no point in worrying over it. if no-one can think of anything then i would go with dark matter.

sorry about being no help but my trial exams have sucked out all my brain power xp  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:20 pm
I have quite a few tests coming up myself. I should be studying, but i am being distracted for now.

I don't have time to write tonight, but maybe Thursday afternoon.
I'll try and think of a substance for 'Pandora's glass' to contain in the meantime, i still have nothing.
Some kind of ordinance, or a volatile explosive. At first I was thinking dangerous drugs, but the military wouldn't worry too much about that.

What's more dangerous and unstable than a nuke?  

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200

Darastri lexex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:05 pm
The mind of a crazy person with a nuke....¿

or maybe my friend's digestive system after buffalo barbecue wings¿

A Self Aware Dust Spec!!!!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, okay I'm, uhh, I'm just gonna say, uh, I'm, I'm definitely done with all the, uh, rubbish.

In all seriousness, fission is quite unstable, dark matter would be a good fake in since it's, well, dark matter. Though maybe the glass contains some sort of contagion that currently has no way to fight it. Something that does horrific and grizzly thing to a person. Maybe it's a hallucinogen, if you ever saw the movie Pandorum think of that only without the mutated people. Maybe it's just so legendary it's harmless, but everyone panics and just thinks they have the supposed side effects of the sickness it brings. Maybe it does contain some dangerous element that, when in large enough quantities, reacts and causes explosions or some other effect.

Meh, just some suggestions.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 pm
once again apologies for my not-being-here-ness (english essays suck crying )

i was also thinking something along those lines, maybe a gaseous pathogen, one that affects skin, muscle and bone tissue?? for a moment i started thinking 'resident evil' but that might be a little cliche... i dunno, those are just my thoughts.  

krcangel

Sparkly Hunter

4,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 pm
I've been terribly busy, and i apologize. I really really need a vice-moderator here to help move the story along when i'm away like this.
I'm practically pulling my hair out. I've been so mentally taxed and stressed this past week that i've actually been physically ill from it.

As for the dangerous contents of Pandora's glass. (and no, i haven't seen Pandorum) I was definitely going along the lines of Lex's suggestion, a dangerous element in large quantities. And i'm really trying not to make up stuff because I am also getting a bit overwhelmed with ridiculousness.
Problem is, no such element exists that is truly that dangerous. Thus the implementation of Dark Matter. but i'd rather not use that as a crutch so easily.

I'm also behind the idea of a drug or hallucinogen. But i'm not behind spreading plagues and changing my plot so radically from what i already have planned.

Regardless, I haven't had much opportunity to think about it...

To move the story along in my absence, I'll make Lex the new Vice-op until we can get more people, more activity, and get a proper vote in for this position.
Krcangel, you're busy, and i'm not assuming that Lex isn't busy, but it sounds like he's not as busy as you. But you still have high standing in my eyes for RP leadership potential.

If we want more people, we need to get this RP into the guild feed and on top of the sci-fi RP lineup in the subforum by making progress.

Lex, i've seen your writing style, and i've seen how you handle god-modders. You have your own RP and know what it's like to be in a leadership position.
I'll PM you the direction I want the RP to go. I'm wholly confident in your literary abilities to get us there.

I'll try and come back as often as i can. but most days i can't come in for more than half an hour. I check progress daily though. I just don't have time to write. -_-
I'll change my strategy and write smaller sections more often, rather than large ones rarely.

Anyways, i have to get back to Calculus homework, and Physics lab work.... I need a break... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:59 pm
People, People, YOU GUYS IN THE BACK, THE ONES WITH THE FACES!
SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN!
pffft plebeians....

Okay, I know I've been gone for awhile, but I have school too. Also, having both a Bio class and Chemistry class (Two primary sciences A.K.A. all year long courses and Advanced ones.) doesn't make it easier to get on. Before I post I have to reread everything, but I should be able to advance the RP shortly.

I apologize for the long break between last time anyone posted and when I actually got around to posting. ^o=o^  

Darastri lexex

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:24 pm
Hey, we're all busy.
If at anytime i did get a spare moment of time, RP isn't the first thing that comes to my mind.

Since I usually can't afford time to be here, I extend the same courtesy to everyone else. Everyone is pardoned for their absences.
But when the holidays come around, it'll be a nice time to hear people check in, or to check up on them.

then more schooling, hopefully less stressful because of the end of the year slump in the spring, maybe afford some RP time.
and then summer, where i expect to see lots of RP happenings.

So since i haven't seen any progress at all in the RP for a little more than a month. you can take your time Lex.
xd
you seem to have all the time in the world!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:08 am
i get my one day off for vacation tomorrow. But that's a holiday celebrated in my family. So I technically don't have a day off.

The holidays are close, i'll do a recount of participants and an update then.  

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200

Kagetama

Enduring Seeker

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 pm
Fredrice, the things i didn't want Inu taking liberties with was the cabin decor, and the symbol for the entire mercenary force, not the cargo hold. Thought I'd clear that up.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:08 pm
my apologies. new laptop meant no bookmarks. so Gaia has been out of sight, out of mind for me the last week or so.

You're right, i did not notice that part about the symbol. and you're right, Inu shouldn't create symbols of importance. From your rant earlier, i believed it to be a dispute over the structure of your ship.

But for gash sakes! please! settle it here! not in the RP.

If you talked about it here with Inu, you could have had him edit his previous post and change it.
But i do thank you for adapting to the situation. Since other RolePlayers had to adapt to your writing, i was watching you to make sure you can do that same for them.

Inu should get the picture now. If not, i'll make sure he does.
I'll let you two progress a little more before interrupting your scene. Think of it like a movie, you don't want to cut away to a different place and circumstance too soon unless the two scenes will be tied accordingly.  

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200

Kagetama

Enduring Seeker

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:59 pm
I'm always happy when I have a real effect on a RP. cool
It shows my characters are dynamic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:53 pm
i dont even know if anyone reads this anymore, but i guess there's no reason to be here after i let you all know.
I enlisted in the US military. I'll be shipping out in only a few months. after that, i won't be updating very often for something like 6 years.
so, it was nice knowing all of you. hope to restart this whole RP in Gaia again sometime, with a few changes, maybe i'll do something right the next time...  

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200

Darastri lexex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:24 pm
friderice13 going bye bye Oo=oO!?!?!?! You were one of the best Roleplayers I've known! Dude don't you go get yourself killed, I know I'll still be hanging around here when you get back. Also, it was very good knowing you too. Maybe Sixteenth will even be finished. I've really been getting ready to write a final post for it gonna have to do that now ^o=o^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:54 am
I'm back, as a soldier yes, and although I may be busy with work in my new career, I will do my best to jump start this RP sometime soon. It's nice to be back...  

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers