Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Idea Sub [LOCKED]
Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:06 pm
Yeah, I understand. New one: Tone down "Legendary-Type" custom weapons, such as those with now exact origin and simply "happen" to be that way. This includes family heirlooms and weapons that simply boost something with no legitimate reason other than the shape or how it was "imbued" with the element. We should slowly reduce the number of these legendary-types and increase the rules for the creation of legendary-types, not counting weapons with simple gadgets, seals, or shapes. Weapons made from elements can just be jutsu. If a legendary-type should be created, the reason should be good, not just some pass-me-down from a relative.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:55 pm
Chakra flow effects:
-Lightning: Numbs and refines the weapons sharpness and strength via vibrations.
-Wind: Greatly increases piercing/cutting power with a saw-like movement.
-Fire: Coats weapon with a localized flame, following the weapons path and burning anything caught in it.
-Water: Covers the weapon in water that deludes blood and helps wounds bleed more before dying down, increasing blood loss.
-Earth: Hardens the weapon greatly, increasing defensive power and durability  

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

Lady Caprinet

Cluttered Goat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 am
I have an idea.

I was reading the rules about second characters. I saw that you had to wait 10 months before making a second character. I think you should make that 2 weeks. Waiting 10 months is just insane o_O I mean think about it. You'd have to really like the guild to stay in it for that long. I'm not saying NUR is a bad guild or anything. It's just that 10 months is a long freakin' time to wait to make a second character.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 am
Lady Caprinet
I have an idea.

I was reading the rules about second characters. I saw that you had to wait 10 months before making a second character. I think you should make that 2 weeks. Waiting 10 months is just insane o_O I mean think about it. You'd have to really like the guild to stay in it for that long. I'm not saying NUR is a bad guild or anything. It's just that 10 months is a long freakin' time to wait to make a second character.

That idea would not work. It takes pretty long for your first character to progress as a ninja. For example my character is still Genin and it's been four months. Two weeks is a very short time. I agree that the time should be shortened, but not to two weeks. What i a newbie at RPing joined. Would you want them to get a second character in two weeks, I wouldn't, they would have no time to progress in there skills as as a RPer.  

FadedBurn

Dangerous Lunatic

3,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Lady Caprinet

Cluttered Goat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 am
It doesn't normally take me three months to progress through the ranks. ">>
I'm generally a chuunin by one month. Jounin doesn't take long after that.
I do see you're point about new people and all that, but for those who have been role-playing for years and have gotten rather good at it (like myself) it's just to long of a wait.

And no offense, but I would like to a crew member about this...">>

FadedBurn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 am
Lady Caprinet
I do see you're point about new people and all that, but for those who have been role-playing for years and have gotten rather good at it (like myself) it's just to long of a wait.

And offense, but I would like to a crew member about this...">>

FadedBurn

Do as you please. Humility is a virtue btw  

FadedBurn

Dangerous Lunatic

3,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am
FadedBurn
Lady Caprinet

And offense, but I would like to a crew member about this...">>

FadedBurn

Do as you please. Humility is a virtue btw

And pointing out someone being an a** is another. >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:14 am
Generally for trust reasons and cause it's best you have a good understanding of how things work here and such before you make a second character.

It used to be you had to be a vet, meaning 1-2 years, so 10 months isn't that long compared to that. And while yes you Could reach chunin in a month (Heck, fastest rank up i've done here is S-rank in about a month, give or take a few weeks), the idea is that you Build and grow with others. Like most things in life, these things take time to be done right, and if you try to rush to the high ranks too quickly you lose most of the fun of rping in the first place.
For those TL DR people

Instead of focusing on two characters, try to have as much fun with the 1 you have.
However, we do appriciate your suggestion, and if more people have simular concerns we will give it greater thought.  

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lady Caprinet

Cluttered Goat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 am
I can pretty much get the hang of a guild in a few days. If I have problem I just ask it and figure it out with help. I don't really get how people can't do that ">> It's not that hard.

Wow, that is a long time. I can see why shortened it. I can see all that and I get it. I just had a good idea for a character when I thought my first one was gonna die for good X3 (in fact she still could die) So I was just wondering if it could be shortened. It might sound like I rush things, but I don't try and do it. Honestly I don't. I'd rather stay a genin for three months, but I get ranked up anyways. My fastest rank up was Genin to Hokage in a matter of days O_o couldn't even make the character before I was promoted. -didn't even want the Hokage rank at the time, wanted Kazekage-

I wanna have fun with my first character, but she's already died once and been brought back because of that arc thing. Now she's in another "could die" moment. Can't have fun if I'm constantly trying to fight off those Ghost things and Gods. Every time I turn around there's one, or the other, or both threatening to kill her XD

TheWingsOfTheGods

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 am
TheWingsOfTheGods
Generally for trust reasons and cause it's best you have a good understanding of how things work here and such before you make a second character.

It used to be you had to be a vet, meaning 1-2 years, so 10 months isn't that long compared to that. And while yes you Could reach chunin in a month (Heck, fastest rank up i've done here is S-rank in about a month, give or take a few weeks), the idea is that you Build and grow with others. Like most things in life, these things take time to be done right, and if you try to rush to the high ranks too quickly you lose most of the fun of rping in the first place.
For those TL DR people

Instead of focusing on two characters, try to have as much fun with the 1 you have.
However, we do appriciate your suggestion, and if more people have simular concerns we will give it greater thought.

Well, I've actually been wondering the same thing. I been in this guild for a little over a few years myself. 10 Months is a long time. It really doesn't take too long to get used to the guild, I remember it took me about a month or so to get used to a guild.

One suggestion is, you could do what my guild does is that you need to be a Chuunin before making a 2nd/3rd character. That way they have experience and have advanced in their character as well.  

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 am
Lady Caprinet
I can pretty much get the hang of a guild in a few days. If I have problem I just ask it and figure it out with help. I don't really get how people can't do that ">> It's not that hard.

Wow, that is a long time. I can see why shortened it. I can see all that and I get it. I just had a good idea for a character when I thought my first one was gonna die for good X3 (in fact she still could die) So I was just wondering if it could be shortened. It might sound like I rush things, but I don't try and do it. Honestly I don't. I'd rather stay a genin for three months, but I get ranked up anyways. My fastest rank up was Genin to Hokage in a matter of days O_o couldn't even make the character before I was promoted. -didn't even want the Hokage rank at the time, wanted Kazekage-

I wanna have fun with my first character, but she's already died once and been brought back because of that arc thing. Now she's in another "could die" moment. Can't have fun if I'm constantly trying to fight off those Ghost things and Gods. Every time I turn around there's one, or the other, or both threatening to kill her XD

TheWingsOfTheGods

Lmao, didn't you skip genin altogether? -Remembers this-  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:31 am
XD Her profile wasn't even done. So yeah. I skipped Genin altogether then.

Reiko Zena

Lady Caprinet

Cluttered Goat

Kino_Afi

Liberal Seeker

4,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:33 pm
The class revamp is pretty nice, but I feel like they're should be some guideline to the level of power each class has based on rank.

That way genin assassins aren't shitting all over everyone else's slow a** and genin samurai's aren't absolutely demolishing everyone within range.

As a creative/sneaky/semi-abusive RPer, I can tell you there needs to be some boundaries lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm
Kino_Afi
The class revamp is pretty nice, but I feel like they're should be some guideline to the level of power each class has based on rank.

That way genin assassins aren't shitting all over everyone else's slow a** and genin samurai's aren't absolutely demolishing everyone within range.

As a creative/sneaky/semi-abusive RPer, I can tell you there needs to be some boundaries lol.

Genin assassins only have 3 speed... which is the base for every physical class. xD

They're pretty weak at Genin.

And Samurai aren't like gods of melee combat, they just can't be outskilled. It still depends largely on the style and stats though, and Genin Samurai just aren't good enough to be demolishing the other Genin. It'd be an advantage, but not a big one.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Kino_Afi

Liberal Seeker

4,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm
The Food Chain
Kino_Afi

Genin assassins only have 3 speed... which is the base for every physical class. xD

They're pretty weak at Genin.

And Samurai aren't like gods of melee combat, they just can't be outskilled. It still depends largely on the style and stats though, and Genin Samurai just aren't good enough to be demolishing the other Genin. It'd be an advantage, but not a big one.

Perhaps it should just be left up to the RPer, and the stats/descriptions of the class would justify some maneuvers?

Overall I love the revamp though. I'd always felt slightly hurt that samurais were 'no where near as skilled' as weapon users lol.  
Idea Sub [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff