Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Class] Introductory Music with Professor Blue - SEE P.8 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 pm
"No, a guitar is bigger, has a neck and a body and a--" He stopped, realizing he was trying to explain something difficult to an idiot. "It's got strings," he said finally.

"This is a..." He looked at his "ceramic potato" with a frown. "I'm thinkin' its a wind instrument or somethin," he said, eying the holes again. He was ignoring the ghost the ghoul had been talking to. "Yours is a wind instrument too, right?" he asked Aksaja.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 pm
Aksaja shook his head slightly at her not really remembering his name, but 'Saj would do. Close enough, anyway. "I really have no clue WHAT this thing is. I wanted a guitar, or some drums." Not that he knew how to play those things, either. But hey they were cooler than a tiny stick with holes in it!

Then the lightning dragon shrugged at Roch. "Maybe," he muttered, picking the end that looked likely and blowing into it. Hard. Without doing anything else.

And there was a horrible sort of SCREEECCHH noise before he yanked it away form his lips to stare at the thing in shock. "Erm. Well. I guess so, but I dunno if it's supposed to sound like THAT."

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 pm
Aislin wouldn't have minded a offhanded response or some kind of casual acknowledgment. She was still trying to get the hang of classes in generally and it wasn't like she had all that much time to meet anyone to the point of becoming friends but she could tell when she was being ignored. And that did not settle well with her.

The ghostling let go of Cady and quietly glided around behind the two boils that were speaking together. It helped that her target had turned away from her and also that the other boil... Cady had called him 'Saj was creating a distraction with the ear-splitting sound of his instrument.

The reaper boil would soon find chilly arms sliding over his shoulders to wrap lightly around his chest. The faint weight of the banshee leaned against his back as she leaned into him. She tilted her chin upward, enough so that her lips were inches away from his ear - but no sound came from them. Instead it echoed in an ethereal way from the black void of a hole that set in her neck, between her collarbones. "Hello." She cooed the word softly, faintly colored fog coiling from her neck to wisp past his ear and in front of his face. "It's not polite to ignore someone when they're asking for an introduction. To be fair, I'll give you my name first. I'm Aislin, nice to meet you." A sharp-toothed smirk curled the sides of her mouth upward.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:33 am
"Would... you... please get off of me?" Roch said stiffly, a hint of unnatural deepness in his voice that wasn't usually there. His hand tightened on the ocarina, his knuckles starting to turn white. That just wasn't right, dammit! You don't just go and grab some jackin' REAPER that you've never talked to before!

His FEAR started gathering at his hand unconsciously, a clear overreaction to the situation.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:26 am
A light pout, and the arms hugged tighter around his neck. The fact that he seemed so very suddenly tense just egged her on to stay latched. Lightly she ruffled one hand through his hair, moving her throat up beside his ear. He could probably see the hole from the corner of his eye. "I appreciate the use of your p's and q's but you still haven't given me your name."

How could she just let go when this was so much fun? The recorder was held firmly in the hand still wrapped about his shoulders, her feet lifting off the ground lightly. He was kind of a cutie, so the teasing was even more entertaining.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 am
Suddenly an image of going home in the first week flashed through his mind. He'd be expelled so fast that his old man wouldn't stop laughing for an entire YEAR, and he'd be a failure to all the guys back home who'd done so much for him--all because of a ditzy, mostly naked ghost that had no personal space bubble.

He gritted his teeth, forcing his hand to unclench. "My name is Roch. Now would you PLEASE get off of me?"

He was more scared of Fang and Bones looking at him like he was pathetic than he was of being groped, right?

Right?

Dammit, he'd better convince himself he was!  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

sleepZombie

Shameless Man-Lover

9,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am
A little smile. A gentle scruff at his hair. Aislin lightly let go of him, stepping back and around so that she was now in front of him. Her arms crossed lightly over her chest, recorder still gripped firmly in one hand. "Roch. See? Now that wasn't so horrible. Nice to meet you." The faint, giggly laughter was certainly impossible for her to hide as she spoke. She whirled around, blond hair floating behind her as she turned and walked back over to Cady.

"Have you gotten your instrument yet?" She looked at the ghoul's empty hands and frowned, then turned towards the Professor. "Excuse me... can I trade this with someone else?" She dangled the recorder between her fingertips, as though it were some wretched thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 am

The professor looked at Jove and practically awed at him as he took the paper from him. This little student was so cute that Professor Blue could barely help himself as he fantasized about him. Luckily, he didn't have long before Arcadia wandered in as well.

"This is Introductory Music," he replied unhappily to her before he took both of their preference sheets and went about retrieving an instrument from the closet when all of the ridiculous behaviour between the students had been occurring. He ignored it, and continued with his business. He pulled out two instruments: a violin and a kazoo, both number one picks. However, he didn't remember, or care to, which each had and when he came back he gave the violin to Arcadia and the kazoo to Jove. Aw, look at Jove. The professor went back to fantasizing when Aislin disrupted him.

"No," he said. "You keep what I give you."

There was a very prominent smile on the demons face and then he went back to waiting to see if any latecomers would arrive.

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:47 pm
She winced at the noise Aksaja's instrument made, but was immediately distracted as Ash chose that moment to home in on the purple haired boil as the new target for her attentions. Cady was interrupted from her blank staring as Ash was clearly up to...shenanigans, when the professor handed her. Something.

It had a sort of oblong, double oval bit. And a long skinny bit. And knobs at the end. With strings. She almost dropped the stick-with-strings the professor handed to her next. What in HALLOWEEN was this stuff? She turned to Roch, cocking her head to the side. "Is this a guitar? Only it's got strings but it's a bit, um. Smaller than I imagined? Not that size matters!" she said, making waffling motions with the stick-holding-hand. What part did the stick play in this mess, anyway? She could only assume that the bigger thing was the instrument, and the stick was...? Whatever.

She jabbed the violin bow into her ponytail, jiggling it to make sure it would stay put, before clutching the body of the instrument to her chest and plucking a few strings. It made a strangled sound, probably because she had the neck of the violin in her closed fist. Yes, this would certainly be an interesting pick.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Sin hated the trumpet, and doing her homework hadn't garnered her any love for the brass horn. She hoped to Jack that Professor Blue would relent and allow her to play the harp, a graceful beautiful stringed instrument that she was dying to lay her fingers on. She was pretty sure that those in the dorms beside hers would also appreciate an instrument switch, even if they hadn't come to tell her so yet. Even Rosc down the hall had heard her playing though and it couldn't have been a melodious sound.

She crept into the room worried about being late, she was slipping. Her once perfect facade being chipped away as everything started to catch up to her. Friends, classes, the worry of upcoming exams, fearleading, and the haunting memory of the field trip. Luckily she was finally able to sleep through the night, no more waking up to visions of her friends being sliced to bits by blades, or Rosc falling into an endless pit. She set down her trumpet case and slid quietly into a seat. At least she hadn't lost it completely, her outfits, subtle makeup, and forced smile still branded her a self assured demoness, she hoped.

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

DragonSpeaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm
Ys tentatively nudged open the heavy door of the classroom and was immediately shoved right back out again with an audible thud. She had just seen another student go through, so she took a deep breath and regrouped for another try. She shoved it open again with more force this time and slipped inside before the formidable thing had a chance to fight back again. The Deep One took in the students who were already there, recognizing a few faces from the Open House, though she hadn't caught most of their names yet. There was a formidable looking music stand grinning at all who went by, so she cracked a smile at it on her way over to the teacher.

With a deferential bobbing motion, she presented herself to the professor and handed in her preference sheet. "New ssstudent here, Professssor. Ys iss the name!" She contrived to look competent, but her eagerness to be involved also showed through. "I am hoping that it will not be too much trouble, but it isss difficult for me to play inssstrumentss of the wind sssort, ssir." The Professor would know what to do with her though, so she backed away, hands folded in front of her to keep them still since they would otherwise be engaged in some sort of nervous fiddling as she waited to find out her place.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:31 pm
"Buh..." Nyyrikki took the flute - at least, he was pretty sure it was a flute, right? - from the professor and held it awkwardly. It didn't seem like the coolest instrument, but it was better than no instrument, he supposed. If only he knew how to play it!

Entirely immersed in his new, shiny toy, he sat near the commotion and fiddled with the different holes and levers, discovering everything he could before the professor began class. He was a little too intimidated to try to play it yet - especially after the horrifying noise made by the dragon-boil's similar instrument.

DarkHeartedSorrows

Sparkly Receiver

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:49 pm
Music was his life, or so he insist it was as he tucked the heavily decorated wooden flute into his pocket as he made his way down the hallway. Folded neatly in his hand was a small sheet of paper with various instruments written on them, a few of those had numbers written to the side. Flute of course was number one, though Joachim couldn't help but feel that it was a little bit of a cheat to put flute first considering it was an introduction class to music not "if you have played flute all your life" class. Yet as he unfolded the prefence sheet to look at it again his eyebrows knotted. He was sure not to get flute and knowing his luck he was more likely to get something he would utterly have little to no interest in learning or vocals. Vocals was on his list however he merely put a number beside merely to deter the professor from noticing it. This wasn't to say he couldn't sing, he could, however he felt he had far too much of a girl like voice to want to sing in front of a classroom of peers.

Joachim paused at the heavy wooden oak doors and let out a small sigh, here he was his favorite place to be and he was actually dreading it. He leaned against the door with his shoulder and finding it rather difficult to push open. Shoving his free hand into his pocket he walked into the room feeling as if everyone eye's watching him considering he was rather late compared to the rest of the group. He quickly made his way to the professor to give him the prefence sheet ignoring the clicking noise his boots made on the floor.

"Err, I am Joachim sorry I am late?" He replied in a gloomy voice holding the folded sheet out to the professor.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:21 pm

The last two students to arrive to the classroom were greeted by Professor Blue's different coloured eyes as he stared at them, and then towards the door. Obviously there was someone, or several someones, missing from the class and the professor wasn't the least bit pleased. The little water pony was here, but how dare the siren skip his class, how dare the nix not come to his class, and the gryphon? Oh no, oh no he did not just skip his class.

He grumbled something unpleasant and then took the two sheets from Ys and Joachim, giving barely even a glance at them before he went to the closet. He was in there a mere ten seconds before he popped back out with a tambourine for Ys and a pan flute for Joachim. Those were probably the most accurate selections he'd done all day.

After handing them to the two students he gave one final look at the door and then turned towards the front of the class.

"Class," the demon teacher announced, demanding all of their attention with his magical voice.

"Before I split you up into groups according to the instruments you have, I would like everyone to write down what music is to them," his hand, directed them over to the music stand, which seemed to be asleep and not looking to eat anyone. It was actually snoring quite loudly and Professor Blue gave it a small kick to make it stop, and it did.

(( You have until July 5th, to finish this, at this point you may still come in late, but no one else can join. Just grab a piece of paper and in 200 words, have your student write out what music is to them. ))

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:19 am
What music is to me.

"Huh.." Bul tapped his claws against the surface of his snare in his set and leaned back on the stool before eying the music stand. It would be the first paper he had to write about anything but it was like writing about how much he liked to play snotball or something. Music meant a lot to him really. Maybe not as much as other students but it was one of the very limited artistic hobbies of his.

Getting up to grab some paper the beast looked over to the new students who had just arrived. It was like they had been eaten by their instruments and returned as new students. Weird. He made it to the music stand but was still very cautious in approaching it. Snatching a couple papers as fast as he could, the boil returned back to his spot in the classroom and got out his pencil to start writing.

Words came to him with struggle... but he managed to get something legible out for professor Blue.

Quote:

Music is super important cause it takes less strength and more brains. I don't think I'm very good with brains but I do like music so it's one of the few outlets that actually works for me. Means a lot to someone like me who has a hard time being artsy. Not to mention when did Halloween Town not have an investment in music? The great Jack Skellington was a musical boil as were a lot of important Halloween Town founding freaks. I myself play bass. Not very good but it's a hobby so I do what I can to just enjoy it. Music is a source of enjoyment. It is also pretty strong I think. Nothing sweeter than the sound of a screaming chorus and the rattling of bones in the background of stuff on skelevision.

Okay so maybe that's milking it but seriously! I plug my eyepod in and I can do anything I set my mind to. When I got issued these drums my first thought was, okay well it's not a guitar, but it is something I wanna learn. So when I play them I find that it's not exactly melodic like the guitar but what is a composition without them? It's pretty tight how you put two and two and three and three together and you get some legit sounds. Since that happens its like music is magic or something, I totally envy reapers who are bonded to their instruments cause that's super awesome. Having an investment in music couldn't be more useful for snots and stuff!

Albeit a bit brown nosery, Bul meant every word of it as he struggled to reach the assigned word count. Papers, unlike music, were the bane of his schooling existence.

Upon finishing he returned it to the stand and awaited the next instructions. Who would he get paired with for this?

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff