Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Player's Paradise

Back to Guilds

A good humored, semi-lit role playing guild that's open to any and all ideas! 

Tags: Role Playing, Semi-Lit, Friendly, Active, Shennanegins 

Reply Public Role Play Area
Of Mavericks and Hunters. -OPEN AND ACCEPTING- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 111 112 113 114 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:54 pm
"He'll be fine, then." Icarus replied, giving a nod.
"Stubborn b*****d is too bull-headed, pardon the pun, to know when to die." he added with a chuckle.
"Reminds me when we were partners."

"But, seeing as he's going to be out of commission for awhile, you might have to deal with a few missions on your own. Are you going to be able to handle that?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:01 pm
As Edge stared somberly down at Dozer, she immediately perked up when Icarus told her she'd be working solo for a while.

"...Really?" She looked at him with a gleam in her eyes. "I'm going to be working alone for no on?"

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:04 pm
Icarus rolled his eyes at the sound of her voice. Hundreds of Hunters acted the same, and even demanded it, and they usually ended up dead within a few days.

"Yes. FOR NOW." Icarus replied, crossing his arms.
"This means YOU have to watch your OWN back." he added, prodding her on the helmet with his finger.

"It sounds nice, but you'll miss the idiot by day two. Mark my words."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 pm
Edge swatted the hand away after her head was prodded. She could handle being alone for a while, and then some. It was all she ever wanted.

"I can take care of myself." She argued, throwing a glare at Icarus. "And I'll be happy to do so."

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:12 pm
"We'll see." Icarus replied skeptically.
"Well, you can either return to base, or go investigate something else for us. Your call." he sighed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:20 pm
Edge snorted at Icarus' skeptic tone, but let it go. Everyone always doubted her at first, but then she'd prove them wrong.

"Unless there's something back at base I need to intend to, or if my father wants to see me, I'll take the next mission."

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:52 pm
Icarus nodded, before taking out a transparent device and pressed a few buttons.
"....It appears that we've lost all contact and camera-feed in sector R-21." he said, reading on.

"No casualties, but it's best we don't test our luck..."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:31 pm
"Any idea what's out there?" Edge asked, her mouth guard closing immediately after her question.  

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:44 pm
"All reports point to a power blip, but sightings before the sudden event told of an unidentifiable black robot. Similar to other cases. Careful. This Black Robot has been around when other A-Ranking Hunters went in as a group. They are no longer among us." Icarus warned.

"If you see this robot, fall back. Understand?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 pm
Edge rolled her eyes at the comment of a possible power blip. If it were so simple, it wouldn't be in their hands. That was obvious.
And, just as she figured and suspected, someone was spotted just before the camera went black.

"Understood." She nodded, though she was only answering to the information given to her. Whoever this Maverick was, she was going to end their nuisance and annoyance in the city. She already had problems, like Ginger.

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Icarus nodded.
"Get going, then. Leave Dozer to us." he said, before walking towards the Bull.

"And don't get killed! Already have enough dead heroes!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 pm
As soon as she was told to leave, Edge was sprinting off to the camera-less sector. Almost immediately, she began to enjoy the freedom she had without having Dozer weighing her down, literally. On her own, she could go at her own pace, work her own way, and not worry about someone else keeping up or getting tired, or toppling over a building because he couldn't make a simple turn. She was free to go and do as she pleased. Edge almost wanted to laugh in joy, but she contained her emotion to a hidden smile behind her mask.

After fifteen minutes passed, Edge was entering sector R-21. She located the broken down camera, which queerly had a bullet hole. Last she knew, the cameras were built to be bullet proof, in case of stray misfire during Hunter-Maverick combat situations. It would take a huge hit to break through the casing, glass, and get straight into the camera to completely destroy it.

As Edge finished her examination of the camera, two saw blades rolled down her arms and into her hands. Whoever this reploid was, they were packing heavy firepower, and Edge would need to be prepared, and cautious.
Slowly, Edge started down the street in the direction the camera view, scanning the area around her constantly for the slightest movement.

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:14 pm
Almost immediately as she entered the sector, all communications and guidance systems shut down. Edge would find it impossible to even pick up open broadcasts from the HQ.

Another thing that would be painfully obvious were the people in the sector.
Reploids seemed to be frozen in place, their eyes still open, while humans seemed to have been knocked out.

The entire sector was dead-quiet..  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:25 pm
Odd... Edge thought as maneuvered around the frozen reploids and walked over the fallen humans. Humans aren't so easily affected by an eletro magnetic field.. This sector must be unbelievably high if they fell victim to it. The idea left a daunting question in her mind: Why was she not affected? She noticed almost immediately upon entry her systems began to fail, starting with her HUD. But why hadn't she froze like others? How could she still function if the EMF was high to make humans pass out..?

"Edge to anyone who can hear me." She called out on her comm link. She doubted it would really work, but she was in a dangerous situation and it was always best to play all possibilities (minus retreating as she wanted to end the problem once and for all). "Edge calling anyone receiving this message. Does anybody hear me?"

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Zahzi
Captain

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 pm
Edge would receive no answer. Not even static.

Footsteps could be heard near Edge's location. But from where, it was impossible to pinpoint.

They were not human footprints, either.
Another Robot was active.  
Public Role Play Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 111 112 113 114 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas