Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[Demon] Edel's Icy Cavern Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 am
User Image
Friendly sparring with Sparrow
tbe

[Battle] -- Oh, Good Afternoon dear Sir, SPAR PLZ

points acquired:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:26 am
User Image
Scarentines
Quite.... insane ....

[Games Booth] -- Games
[Grams] -- Scarentines Grams
[PRP] -- Tables 7 , 8 , 9 (2 pts)
[ORP] -- Refreshment booth (2 pts)
[PRP] -- It's a date!

points acquired: 8  

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:59 pm
User Image
A new Professor roams the grounds
...he sure is enigmatic.

[PRP] -- Flipping the Frozen Bird
[GM ORP] -- A Small Respite (3 pts)

points acquired: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 am
User Image
The Trials Begin

[GM ORP] -- Word of the Trials (2 pts)
[EVENT ORP] -- The Trial of Famine Prize Hunt (2 pts)
[Team Ice Breakers] -- Sandcastle Thread (1 + 2 pts)
[EVENT ORP] -- The Trial of Famine Spectator Booth
[Team Ice Breakers] -- Obstacles Thread (1 + 2 pts)
[Team Ice Breakers] -- Death Thread (1 + 2 + 1 + 1 pts)

points acquired: 16
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:37 am
User Image
Exchange Programme
I .... do think there is a trend with regards to our school's fieldtrips

Week 1
[Class] -- Combat Readiness and Weaponry (4 pts)
[??? ORP Hidden Lair] -- Hidden Lair (1 pt)
[ORP] -- The Open Canopy (1 pt)
[ORP] -- The Observation point (1 pt)
[ORP] -- Open Obstacles Course (1 pt)
[ORP] -- Steadfast Trial (1 pt)
[ORP] -- Training
[ORP] -- Dorms
[PRP] -- Weapon crafting
[PRP] -- Cool Down Times
[PRP] -- Climb Higher
[PRP] -- Toxic Cave

Week 2
[Class] -- Cooking Class (4 pts)
[ORP] -- The Oasis (1 pt)
[ORP] -- The Open Den (1 pt)
[PRP] -- Training

Week 3
[ORP] -- The temple of guidance
[BOSS FIGHT] -- The ??? Room DEATH (1 + 2 pts)
[Portal] -- Death Portal Thread
[BOSS ORP] -- From the ashes (1+ 2 pts)

points acquired: 21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:41 am
User Image

Fanart: ---- 5/5
Minipets: ---- 5/5
Role Plays / Meta: ---- 116
Battle Card: ---- 2

Total tally: ---- 128/50 (78 remaining post grad)

GROWTH POINTS:

After a certain amount of collected growth points, you can submit your student in for advancement to the next year (in theory, though its technically always October...) This gives them access more battle options, some higher level classes, and other special privileges.

The default word requirement is 800. GMs may require either more or less in their classes and events, and may also award growth points differently, so always read the first and last GM posts thoroughly.

1 point can be:

- One piece of fanart drawn OR commissioned by you for anything related to the shop. You can claim a maximum of 5 points per year this way.
- One complete RP; you must have written at least 800 words in that RP for it to count as a point.
- One complete classroom RP; you must have written at least 800 words in that RP for it to count as a point.
- One complete homework assignment for a class.
-----NOTE: For 'homework' that involves growing a minipet from a class, you must do an RP or solo (of at least 800 words) involving that pet to get a point. Merely growing the minipet does not count!
- Five minipets grown to their final stage. You get one point for every five minipets; you can claim a maximum of 5 points per year this way.
- One complete solo, at least 800 words long.

2 points:
- One complete battle RP; must have filled-out RP actions, not just dice rolls.

You may earn ??? points for:
- Special events run by GMs may have point prizes for participants; to claim these in your tally, make sure to link to the post where points were awarded.

GROWTH REQUIREMENTS:

Year 1 to Year 2: *( There is a 4 month IC cooldown from Y1 to Y2)
50 growth points + final exam (pass or fail) = graduation to Year 2

Year 2 to Year 3: *(There is a 6 month IC cooldown from Y2 to Y3)
75 growth points + final exam (pass or fail) + teacher battle (pass or fail) = graduation to Year 3

Year 3 to Alumni
:
- On top of hitting Y3, that is when you hit Y3, it takes another 50 points to graduate. As this is a school, it does have very specific school curricula:
- In addition a graduation requires from your student's entire career:
At least 10 battle spars
At least 5 classes attended
At least 5 open classes finished

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:58 pm
User Image
WonderPark Meta
-

[Wonder Park] -- The Ride Over
[Wonder Park] -- The Reams Convention Center
[Wonder Park] -- Phoenix Car
[Wonder Park] -- Monster Mountain

Dark Carnival
-

[ORP] -- Midway Games area
[ORP] -- The Funhouse

points acquired: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 pm
User Image
Dragonfell
Adventure time

[PRP-ADV] -- Welcome to Dragonfell
[PRP-ADV] -- Below the bridge
[PRP-ADV] -- The Chimera Den
[PRP-ADV] -- Unremarkable Tunnel B

Minipets Meta....
I don't want to remember....

[GM ORP] -- What doesn't kill you (3 pts)
[ORP] -- The Celestial Plains (2 pts)
[ORP] -- Seafear Island (2 pts)
[ORP] -- The Underground City (2 pts)
[ORP] -- The Tower

points acquired: 10

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:13 pm
User Image
Revisting the Haunted House
I wonder if I will ever truly empathise

[PRP] -- Cold Moon

points acquired: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 pm
User Image
Another trip back home.

[Solo] --
The luggage case was snapped shut with a sense of finality. Edel turned her head away to make eye contact with Dingo, who all but gave her something between a gruff and a whine. The ghoul sighed and raised her eyebrows, looking nonchalant. Just another scheduled visit home right?

Who was she kidding, really. It surprised her how horribly detached from home she had become since coming to school – her previous trip back was driven by the sole purpose to find out more about the hunters, and to train to fight again them. As much as she would like to think that it was also to visit her parents, truthfully though, she knew it was not. And this time it would be no less different.

Then again, not exactly. Different this time was that she was returning home as a year three student, a Hob. A trials champion. Someone who has stared danger in its face too many times for her to count, as it was with dissipation. Someone old enough ... and far less oblivious ... to consider her role as the heir to the family. What she had seen and what she had learned since the last trip home ... she thought that the least she could do now was to protect her family. At any cost.

Flipping out her eyephone, the ghoul scrolled through the latest posts on the seeds forum. Who would have thought – ah, but she had come to the same conclusion too. The window was soon closed and for the next few moments, the ghoul simply flipped through the other open Gruegle tabs idly, a bitter smile on her face. Who would have thought indeed.

Just how clueless had she been before?

Tucking her phone away, the ghoul set her case upright and began wheeling it to the door, Dingo following closely at her heel. Chives, Snow and Fenton had all been sent home earlier before she would arrive. It was also likely they would stay there from now on too.

No goodbyes this time, she knew she was coming back. Edel made a mental reminder to give Roch a call when she got there as he requested. It was time to go; she would go through the long list of things that she had to say on the train ride back. The door snapped shut and there was the clanky sound of the key turning in the keyhole.

See you soon, Amityville.

- - - -

She could have spent the time reminiscing about her first train ride back home, and how things were then. How alarmingly naive she was, and how innocently she was in love too. When exactly did it start to fall apart, really? She knew it was all on her part, but when did it begin? The ghoul stared at the seat she sat in on that train ride, then turned away and moved past it into another carriage. She didn't really want to know.

- - - -

0.3 point drop. Edel rubbed her eyes with her fingers and closed the stocks window. And to think that a few months ago she wouldn't know what that meant. Thank Jack for the interwebs then, for unleashing a horrific amount of information on her. And for being a constant source of distraction and enabling procrastination, she mused. The ghoul reached for her tea cup, only to find that she had already downed what appeared to be the tenth cup of tea just a moment ago. She frowned and set it back down on the tea cup, going back to poring over the news. Tea used to just be the drink that went with her afternoon snacks and meals, but she had found herself drinking it more frequently for the caffeine. She had tried coffee too, but it just wasn't to her taste. It was easier to think that it was the caffeine that kept her up for so many nights since those two weeks of insanity.

There was nothing particularly interesting on the news that day. Edel switched the scarfari tab on her phone once more, staring at the gruegle search result that yielded a particular name of interest. Well, two. She wasn't particularly excited about the latter though. A deal would have to be made with him, of course. She could only hope he wouldn't be as difficult to do business with, unlike a certain someone else.

If only there were a choice to avoid dealing with him ... but alas, he was one of the more prominent business associates of Cphira. The ghoul threw the phone down on the table, leaned back and folded her arms, closing her eyes to think. As it was, her negotiating power was weak, however -

However.

It might just work.

- - - -

Her arrival home was greeted with as much fanfare as before, or even more, though she wouldn't notice as she brushed past the attendants with hasty steps. Startled butlers clumsily opened the doors in time as she made her way through the castle, and up the stairs. She would apologise for her crass manner afterwards, but what she had in mind was of far greater urgency.

Father, Mother” she greeted with a rushed voice as she burst through the last set of doors. A pause for a curtsey.

Pray, we need to talk.

[Solo] --
So the time has come. Her father cast her an emotionless glance before going back to finish the article he was midway through. No one would see it, but his insides were squirming. He cast his wife a meaningful look, and the one he received in return told him that she understood.

Please... sit.” he gestured towards the chair, putting away the papers and setting aside his cup of tea. Her father sighed in resignation, and turned towards her as she took her seat. He could only think that the only reason his daughter would be so anxious to speak to them would be because of that ... boil.

I must speak to you...

Here it comes, he braced himself, though he was already ready with an answer. Her mother on the other hand had already begun the mediation process, speaking softly the words, “Darling...”

About the estate Father, and the family business,” she finished simply. Silence hung in the air as the rest of the room slowly took the words in and let them sink. The heavy feelings in her father's chest had been replaced with a strange emptiness, an emptiness that would soon be filled with mixed emotions.

What of it, my dear?” he asked, unable to mask completely, the fact that he was rather startled by the unexpected subject brought up.

Forgive me, for it is most rude to ask.

Say it,” he obliged.

Shall I succeed it?

Once more there was silence in the air. Vladimir, for a moment, looked confused.

Yes, I don't see why you would question -

I don't mean becoming the lady of the household and having my future husband take charge of all other matters. What I do ask if shall I succeed you, my noble father, as the heir of this family, its estate and its business?” The ghoul inhaled in sharply, and fiddled with her hands, looking away as soon as she said that.

I know and fear I speak too boldly,” she continued solemnly, with much more deliberation in her tone. The ghoul turned to look back at her father straight in the eye. “But please do not deny me,” she ended softly, but firmly. All thoughts of bringing up the fact that she had been a trials champion, a good student, had all been put aside and given way to this earnest plea. Why, after all those years, would he still deem her unworthy? A daughter he expected little from other than fulfilling her role as a lady? To be married off eventually and play the role of the understanding, capable and docile wife? Perhaps she was being too harsh with him, she knew all too well that he treasured her too deeply to be so condescending and careless about her future. But if she never spoke up now, then nothing would change.

When she looked up at him again, her heart would ache to see the man so sad.

Is that how you think me so,” he whispered painfully, “That I would be a father that would not regard his daughter, one who would not bear to entrust his estate with her; that I would be content with her as though she were just a mere ornament in the household?

Yet I regret that part of this is true, for never did I expect you to eventually succeed the reins of the business and take the initiative to take you under my wing. Do you resent me for that?

No,” she spoke softly, “How could I bear to?” Tears were threatening to fall on her face. The ghoul was feeling foolish, rude and naive. She could have chosen her words with more care, spoken with more tact, tried to understand where they were coming from. But now all she felt was shame, overwhelming shame.

Tell me, honestly now,” he spoke up again, “Is this your truest desire?

Yes.

Very well, then, I shall,” his voice wavered in that instant, “Need some time to contemplate.

The chair was pulled back, not smoothly, and the man rose from his seat. Quietly, he withdrew back to his room, his wife following him soon after. All the ghoul could do was to sit, meanwhile, and wait, and let the tears slowly fall from her eyes, thinking of how ruthless she had been in hurting her own dear father's pride. Not just his, but her mother's too, for she had quite simply insulted her position and role. She was nothing more than a callous ingrate, too absorbed in her own thoughts and desires to see beyond anything else.

It was almost impossible to rise from her seat with so heavy a heart. But she did, and she too quietly withdrew to her room. To cry and to berate herself. And to be brave about the decision she had made.

forever backlogging....  

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:32 pm
User Image
Prom
I probably shouldn't have come

[ORP] -- 2nd Annual Prom

Roch needs advice
You are a gentleman, you are

[PRP] -- Advice Time

points acquired: 1  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 am
User Image
The House Cup
A commendable effort I suppose

[House Cup] -- The obstacle race
[House Cup] -- The chop quiz
[Booth] -- The frozen pond
[Dorm] -- Demons - Non ducor, Duco (game contribution)

points acquired: 4  

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:02 am
User Image
Free hugs and sparring
Flame demons....

[PRP] -- Cursed hugs in Fire
[HH 1v1] -- So we meet again
[1v1] -- Ice me like one of your french gals

points acquired: 10 (November bonus cap)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:25 am
User Image
Camping Trip
....I've now seen Professor Malcolm in a new light

[Field Trip] -- Camping Trip (2+1 pts)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake