Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
So the question is.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one do you like the best?
  1 (On the left)
  2 (In the middle)
  3 (On the right)
View Results

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 pm
Yokies
Captain Silas Manner

I could probably use the help, I'll let you know if I ever decide to get around to it. XD;
Yeah, it's kind of silly for people to get angry about stuff they never use, but it always happens.

Yeah same here. I have further consolidated the forums down to 8.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
What do you think?
Oh, and I have had a lot of people tell me members feel out of the loop when they see Crew Only forums, if you're wondering about what I wrote at the top.
I'm not sure about here specifically, but I see what they mean.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 pm
Captain Silas Manner

That looks good!
Eh, I never really cared about crew only forums.
I was mostly under the impression that it's more or less behind the scenes stuff the guilds are doing, or they just put crap there no one really needs to see lol.

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:38 pm
Yokies
Captain Silas Manner

That looks good!
Eh, I never really cared about crew only forums.
I was mostly under the impression that it's more or less behind the scenes stuff the guilds are doing, or they just put crap there no one really needs to see lol.

Yeah, lol. Regardless of how people feel about it, there is already a staff guild so there isn't a need for a staff forum and a staff guild. Also, I don't know anyone that goes into the Memory Hall. I went there myself and found nothing of interest.
And thank you! I hope everyone else is open to the idea, because it's more or less along the lines of what I seriously want to do, even if I have to move every last topic myself.
Actually I'm thinking of making the Event forum an Event & Contest forum that would be open year long for everyone, and then when an event comes along there would be stickies and stuff for the event along with member-made contests. I think it would make events more popular too, since the last few we had didn't get much use.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 pm
Captain Silas Manner

Haha, I suppose that's true. No need to have two of the same thing, or something that isn't even interesting. XD
You're welcome! I sure hope they are. Definitely seems like the forums would be more active that way.
That would be cool too. I would be pretty neat for everyone to be able to put up their own contests and stuff.
The last event I had in my guild kind of failed bad lol. Doesn't seem like people are interested in them as of late.

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 pm
Yokies
Captain Silas Manner

Haha, I suppose that's true. No need to have two of the same thing, or something that isn't even interesting. XD
You're welcome! I sure hope they are. Definitely seems like the forums would be more active that way.
That would be cool too. I would be pretty neat for everyone to be able to put up their own contests and stuff.
The last event I had in my guild kind of failed bad lol. Doesn't seem like people are interested in them as of late.

Eh, part of it probably is because a lot of the contests have
been the same from guild to guild, not many people have been making super great ones.
It's a bit easier for my guild to make something semi unique because my guild is based on the book I'm writing. Usually I make a roleplay that centers on visiting a new place in the story world and make a simple plot having to do with the holiday, then I make a few activities involving the holiday with a little nautical/adventure spin on it.
Heck, the Valentine's event was pretty sweet but people were so busy with
school finals that it didn't get done xD

If I had more time to dedicate to this guild besides being stuck to mine I could probably whip up a few quick things for events. I've seen Aqua around a bit lately but it seems most of the mods are busy.
):
I could totally recycle my guild's Valentine's ideas for next year for TRG though. A lot of people would like it :3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:15 pm
Captain Silas Manner

I suppose that's true. I think people just don't want to do the same thing over and over again lol.
Like I know many guilds do tektek contests above all with the same themes, and I suppose people get bored with it, just pick one to do it in and don't bother with the rest, if even that.
Kind of sucks though, tektek contests are some of the easiest to actually handle in my opinion. xD; And yeah, school really does take a majority of people's time as well.

There isn't anything wrong with recycling! P: May I ask what the Valentine's event consisted of?

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 pm
Yokies
Captain Silas Manner

I suppose that's true. I think people just don't want to do the same thing over and over again lol.
Like I know many guilds do tektek contests above all with the same themes, and I suppose people get bored with it, just pick one to do it in and don't bother with the rest, if even that.
Kind of sucks though, tektek contests are some of the easiest to actually handle in my opinion. xD; And yeah, school really does take a majority of people's time as well.

There isn't anything wrong with recycling! P: May I ask what the Valentine's event consisted of?

Well, the plan was:

Catch the Cupid: The mule dresses up as cupid on certain days (We had a pirate cupid) and you have to find him all 4 days. If you got all 4 days you got a prize.

Writing contest w/ entrance fee: This never happened, but it was going to be a love themed writing contest.

Art contest: A Valentine's art contest where you win an item and some couple art.

'Find the other half' You're randomly paired with people by being PMed one half of a heart, and based on the unique split you have to find the matching half. Ours was a spin with heart-shaped treasure chests and matching keys.

Coat check: Instead of choosing a time beforehand for the main party we had (A v-day formal) on the day of the party we wait until everyone interested shows up and then we pick a time together.

Main party: A simple Valentine's formal.

Valentine's posting quiz: A simple quiz where you answer Valentine's question with 1 answer per post. The spin was things related to romantic sea themes.

Valentine's Friendly Feud: At the party we were going to have everyone split into two teams and we would play Family Feud Valentine's Edition.

Valentine's day word jumble game: At the party, those same two teams would take turns making as many words as they could from the letters in Valentine's Day

Valentine Grams: People could order Valentine's Grams by writing the note and paying a price depending on which item you picked (From a list of some of the past Valentine's Event items and some pink/red/heart themed gold shop items) It never happened but I want to try it next year. All of the money goes to the guild mule for contests.

Guess the love letter: A posting game where you write a love letter using words that describe one of the people in the guild, and then people take turns guessing who it's about.

IRL/Forum scavenger hunt: I wrote a list of things relating to valentine's day you would go out and take pictures of (I.E. boxed chocolates, roses) and a list for forums where you find people wearing certain items. No one did it but I'm sure people in this guild would like it.

Giant Red Heart social experiment: We were all going to wear red and make a giant heart in Towns but alas, those pesky final exams.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 pm
Captain Silas Manner

Holy crap that sounds like it would have been fun. .-.

I like the other half and the IRL/Forum scavenger hunt ideas! That really sounds like a fun way to make people talk to others and go out for a bit haha. I'd definitely want to try those, along with the others as well.

Sounds like a bunch of nice things to get people active! At least in theory, since people get lazy or don't have time. xP

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Yokies
Captain Silas Manner

Holy crap that sounds like it would have been fun. .-.

I like the other half and the IRL/Forum scavenger hunt ideas! That really sounds like a fun way to make people talk to others and go out for a bit haha. I'd definitely want to try those, along with the others as well.

Sounds like a bunch of nice things to get people active! At least in theory, since people get lazy or don't have time. xP

Ah yes, the collaborative geniuses of me and one of my crew members. Coming up with the scavenger hunt clues (there was about 20 for forums and 35 for RL) was as fun as it would have been for people to go out and find them. I can't wait to do this for TRG next year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:54 pm
Captain Silas Manner

You could always try and do it for Easter, just find Easter related things instead. P:
I mean if you really can't wait to have it. XD

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 pm
Yokies
Captain Silas Manner

You could always try and do it for Easter, just find Easter related things instead. P:
I mean if you really can't wait to have it. XD

Hmm. We could have an egg hunt, although Gaia might try doing another egg hunt this year and people would be eyesore from hunting eggs.
Maybe an egg decorating contest. We could have ribbons for 'Most Random Egg' 'Most Evil Egg' 'Least Likely to be Picked Up by Small Children' and stuff like that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:20 pm
Captain Silas Manner

I would definitely enter that as well! XD
I never really decorate eggs, it'd be a nice excuse to do it lol.

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 pm
Yokies
Captain Silas Manner

I would definitely enter that as well! XD
I never really decorate eggs, it'd be a nice excuse to do it lol.

Well there could be real egg decorating contest and maybe an art contest with categories like 'Easter Bunny' 'Eggs' 'Easter Basket' and so on.
I think having both would be fun :3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 pm
Captain Silas Manner

I definitely think they'd be fun. xD Hopefully more people agree lol!
This makes me want to think up an event for my guild, try and get people to come and be active. xD;
Not sure what I'd do though. At least I have a little bit of time before Easter lol.

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:57 pm
Yokies
Captain Silas Manner

I definitely think they'd be fun. xD Hopefully more people agree lol!
This makes me want to think up an event for my guild, try and get people to come and be active. xD;
Not sure what I'd do though. At least I have a little bit of time before Easter lol.

Very true! I wish you luck.
Right now I'm making a very detailed request for a tektek, I'm bored and the person I'm asking to make it specializes in cutesy stuff, so I'm giving her a challenge.

Oh, the weird things you do when you have a little extra pocket change lying around.

The Random Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff