Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Random Chat Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZedPlus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:36 pm
GhoSt-X
COmputer Science and Engineering .. ~_~

UBER boring stuff ...
(did i just use the word UBER?*falls ova*)

Yay for Comp Sci! smile

I'm a big geek myself, so it doesn't bother me too much.

I dig your site by the way. Neat photography up there.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:38 pm
haha thanks ..
PHotoing is fun ..
but equipment is so exp ..  

GhoSt-X

ZedPlus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:56 pm
GhoSt-X
haha thanks ..
PHotoing is fun ..
but equipment is so exp ..

Yeah, I hear that. I actually just bought a Canon PowerShot A75, and I'm reasonably happy with it. I wish it could take photos in RAW mode, but whatever. It's good enough for the web, which is were I do all my work.

I've also got a Pentax SLR, but I find film is expensive so I try to stick with digital.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:10 pm
HAha im happy my brother bought a digital SLR .. yay for RAW mode! ...
got a 300D Rebel .. ^_-  

GhoSt-X

ZedPlus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:18 pm
GhoSt-X
HAha im happy my brother bought a digital SLR .. yay for RAW mode! ...
got a 300D Rebel .. ^_-

Wow!! I've heard really great things about those! I really like Canon overall, actually. They've got such great lenses.

So that's what you use to take your pics, then? That's completely awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:29 pm
Yeah .. when i ge tthe time .. i go with 2 of my friends who also use the same cam ..
we have lots of fun ...

got some more photos HERE!  

GhoSt-X

ZedPlus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:56 pm
GhoSt-X
Yeah .. when i ge tthe time .. i go with 2 of my friends who also use the same cam ..
we have lots of fun ...

got some more photos HERE!

Nice stuff. I dig.

Here is a sample of some of my stuff. I still haven't stuck a gallery section on my site, which is silly...

Here's the link!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:59 pm
haha .. interesting shots ..
i was thinking of getting a A75 as a happy snap camera..
but need to get so many things ..
savigng up for a laptop mainly ..
and im getting a compact drive to unload my photos on the fly.. but i think i need a spare Cf card now ..  

GhoSt-X

ZedPlus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:00 pm
* Gets a fresh cup of coffee and continues working. Jet Set Radio Future music blaring through the studio monitors. *

Ugh.. Sleep is always trying to sneak up on me!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:02 pm
Thanks biggrin

Laptops are good. I really like my 12" iBook. It's so nice and small, pretty and powerful as well. I recommend them very highly if you're in the market for a Mac.  

ZedPlus

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:08 pm
was thinking of using a mac .. since virtual PC is good . but really its too much fuss for me ..
so im out for a PC ..prolli a 14" cause the 12.1" battery life is terrible for the price iwant to get.. the standard amount of ram in laptops is also too small .. but oi dont have much $$ so its troublesome ..  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:17 pm
I can appreciate that. Personally, I found that I had to get away from Windows as it was agrifying my too often. I would have a machine dual booting between Windows (for all my design stuff) and Linux (where I got most of my hardcore admin tasks done) and I'd have to boot from one to the other at least once a day. Mac OS X just fit my situation like a comfy glove.

It is expensive and time consuming to switch over, though.  

ZedPlus

ZedPlus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:27 pm
Oh, also: If you're interested in hosting space for a guild site, I might be able to help you out with that. I've got my own server and a reasonable amount of bandwidth to play with.

I'd also be into doing up a design for it. I could propose something later when I feel a little bit more awake.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:30 pm
haha yeah .. i ahve webserver space as well ..
do you have a dedicated server ? .. or issit like an at home box ? ..or shared hosting like me ?  

GhoSt-X

ZedPlus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:37 pm
GhoSt-X
haha yeah .. i ahve webserver space as well ..
do you have a dedicated server ? .. or issit like an at home box ? ..or shared hosting like me ?

Well, Swagger is my home machine, but I was talking about my virtual private server. It's what hosts Stylishpants. It's a partitioned server that I share, but I've got root access to it and I can do anything I want. I've got 30 gigs of transfer a month and about a gig of space left of the thing.

I saw that you were thinking of hosting the site as well, but I figured I might offer my solution in case hosting the site might have been a bother or something.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff