9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:21 pm
haiiroko
Katinchen012
haiiroko
well I wouldn't have gotten as involved with count cain as I did without the first 5 books.

to me they have some of the most touching parts, and most of the fundamental character development happens there.

I was really hoping they were just publishing all of Count Cain under the title of Godchild...I really don't think they first 5 books could be skipped without it impacting on the plot and how much you feel and understand the characters.

It seems to be possible to read God Child only, Kaori Yuki wrote in Volume 6(or GC 1) that most of the readers didn't know Count Cain, there were only a few people who remembered: "Oh, yes, there was this new mangaka years ago..."
All the events from the first volumes are told again, like Jezebel Disraeli wanting to kill Merediana, or his father beating Cain et cetera, but it's much better to read everything...

yeah I know. you don't get the detail or the emotion the same I don't think.

but...at least it's being picked up and more people will get to read it! but I'm sad that this means the sakura-crisis scans will be stopped....it's gonna take me forever to get translations for the last vols...*looks at her untranslated manga sadly*

I thought that the whole story about the creation of the deadly dolls loses a layer of depth without some knowledge of the first 5 books...
Especially the creation of the spider girl...good lord I cant remember the name for the life of me right now, but yes...
The whole story about Cain and his cousin are only very briefly mentioned and its hard to understand Cain's feelings about his cousin and why the connection between him and SpiderGirl was so important (and twisted).  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:32 am
Sai-kun
haiiroko
Katinchen012
haiiroko
well I wouldn't have gotten as involved with count cain as I did without the first 5 books.

to me they have some of the most touching parts, and most of the fundamental character development happens there.

I was really hoping they were just publishing all of Count Cain under the title of Godchild...I really don't think they first 5 books could be skipped without it impacting on the plot and how much you feel and understand the characters.

It seems to be possible to read God Child only, Kaori Yuki wrote in Volume 6(or GC 1) that most of the readers didn't know Count Cain, there were only a few people who remembered: "Oh, yes, there was this new mangaka years ago..."
All the events from the first volumes are told again, like Jezebel Disraeli wanting to kill Merediana, or his father beating Cain et cetera, but it's much better to read everything...

but...at least it's being picked up and more people will get to read it! but I'm sad that this means the sakura-crisis scans will be stopped....it's gonna take me forever to get translations for the last vols...*looks at her untranslated manga sadly*

I thought that the whole story about the creation of the deadly dolls loses a layer of depth without some knowledge of the first 5 books...
Especially the creation of the spider girl...good lord I cant remember the name for the life of me right now, but yes...
The whole story about Cain and his cousin are only very briefly mentioned and its hard to understand Cain's feelings about his cousin and why the connection between him and SpiderGirl was so important (and twisted).

I feel I should go back and reread count cain. I haven't for so long and all these poples names are elluding me too. sweatdrop

a lot of CC is very very twisted. eek and that's why we love it! blaugh  

achromatic grey

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:35 pm
Sai-kun
haiiroko
Katinchen012
haiiroko

When do these deadly dolls show up? Now you mention Shuzette, it isn't volume 9, is it?  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:09 pm
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
haiiroko
Katinchen012
haiiroko

When do these deadly dolls show up? Now you mention Shuzette, it isn't volume 9, is it?

Who is Shuzette again?
and im guessing this is vol. 9 of Count Cain in its entirity.
I think it might be vol. 9 or 10 where SpiderGirl shows up...her name begins with an M I think...
She's the first deadly doll with a big role...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:12 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
haiiroko
Katinchen012
haiiroko

Who is Shuzette again?
I think it might be vol. 9 or 10 where SpiderGirl shows up...her name begins with an M I think...

Shuzette is Cain's cousin, the one he is fallen in love with in the first chapter.
I thought so, because in volume 8(which I just bought a week ago) there is a preview in which she shows up(or at least it seems to be her...).  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:25 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
haiiroko
Katinchen012
haiiroko

Who is Shuzette again?

Shuzette is Cain's cousin, the one he is fallen in love with in the first chapter.
I thought so, because in volume 8(which I just bought a week ago) there is a preview in which she shows up(or at least it seems to be her...).

Ahhh yes yes...Its been a long time since I read the first 5 books...her name is Judith or something like it in God Child...

SpiderGirl's name is Michaela...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:31 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
haiiroko
Katinchen012
haiiroko

Who is Shuzette again?

Ahhh yes yes...Its been a long time since I read the first 5 books...her name is Judith or something like it in God Child...

Oh, yes, I almsot forgot how much these names may differ. Translating names from Japanese must be very hard...
This Spider Gilr hasn't shown up yet.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:52 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
haiiroko
Katinchen012
haiiroko

Who is Shuzette again?

Oh, yes, I almsot forgot how much these names may differ. Translating names from Japanese must be very hard...
This Spider Gilr hasn't shown up yet.

Yeah...the katakana is funky for the name...Pronounciation for Judith is very close to Shuzette, so it may very well just be a different interpretation, depending on who's translation you read, or if you translate it yourself.
There is no "J" sound in Japanese...so it could be pronounced as a "Sh" sound...and there isnt a "th" sound either...its usually transliterated to a "t" or a "su" sound...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

katakito

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:27 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
I don't know if any of you know this, but VIZ has just recently annouced that God Child will be appearing in their new magazine, Shojo Beat. But the magazine won't be released until July of this year but..I CAN'T WAIT xp

NOOOOOOO gonk how can that be...... this is great now i cant see what happen next stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:40 pm
So, what everyone is saying is that VIZ is only going to be publishing the God Child arc!? gonk  

dead.moki

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:34 pm
dead.moki
So, what everyone is saying is that VIZ is only going to be publishing the God Child arc!? gonk

Dunno if they plan to release the rest of Count Cain as tankoubon, but Shoujo Beat will only be serializing God Child.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:44 pm
Sai-kun
dead.moki

Dunno if they plan to release the rest of Count Cain as tankoubon, but Shoujo Beat will only be serializing God Child.

I hope they decide to also publish the rest of it... stressed  

dead.moki

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:45 pm
dead.moki
Sai-kun
dead.moki

I hope they decide to also publish the rest of it... stressed

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:17 am
I'm worried they're going to make Cain sound like an American... He's Victorian British sad even if you change the title, they need to keep some beauty to the writing... To make it sound right.

that is what I am most afraid of.  

alicelights

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:34 am
alicelights
I'm worried they're going to make Cain sound like an American... He's Victorian British sad even if you change the title, they need to keep some beauty to the writing... To make it sound right.

that is what I am most afraid of.

I know the people who have subscribed to Shoujo Beat have already received their first copy. It's a shame I didn't ask them about Count Cain though.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff