Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Blythe Family Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:03 pm
User Image
User Image

There are many things that I would
Like to say to you
But I don't know how

Chris watched as the door opened, and a blonde girl stepped out. He blinked for a moment, but when she simply said, "I missed you," he realized it was Ada. He hadn't realized that by her letter that when she said she had a surprise, it would be changing her hair, but it looked... Refreshing. Like something that looked just right on her. He smiled then, and hugged her back, wrapping his arms around her and looking down. "Your hair. You changed it. It looks good." He honestly meant that too. He hadn't thought of her being a blonde before, but on her, it brightened her up like sunshine. "Was that the surprise? It does look really good."

He shuffled his own gift to her in his hand behind her, wondering if he should give it to her now or later. He decided that he should give it to her later, and used his telekinesis to lift it up and hide it on the porch. The mailbox looked favorable, so he just manoeuvred it into the box and closed it silently. Hopefully she didn't catch it, otherwise she'd get his surprise for her early."So, your parents are inside? I'm actually surprised that they let you come out first to meet me." Honestly, he was expecting her father to come out and hex him, but this was a much more pleasant surprise. He hoped he didn't let his nervousness show in his voice, and was glad his heart no longer beat for like the thousandth time in his undeath. Well, he thought the term was undeath. Could be something else, to be honest.

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall

--------------------------
State: Nervous
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bewitching on the Front Porchspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chrisspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'He likes it! Thank God. If I had to ask Dhyl to change it back I think he'd kill me...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ "Is this the last of our haunting?"
She says as she floats like an angel.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Adalaide flushed as he looked at her, her nervousness peaking... and then evaporating when he told her it was pretty. She barely bit back a sigh of relief. She'd actually gotten sort of fond of the blonde, and besides that, she had a feeling that if she asked Dhyl to help her change it back, he'd get sort of mad. Of course, if Chris hadn't had an opinion at all, that would've been fine, she would've just kept it. But, if he'd outright hated it... well, she'd sort of done it for him, anyway. She gave him a wide smile, her eyes sparkling. "Erm, yeah this was it. I guess it might be a little anti-climactic if you were expecting something bigger. But, I mean... I literally made the decision to dye it, and did the dying, the night of the feast... so within like two hours. You... you like it, though?" Her tone was a bit nervous, until she reached the end. She hadn't even really asked a question. After all, it's not like he'd lie to her about it, right? His face certainly looked like he liked it... she caught his eyes and stared for a second, her breath catching. Ooooh, this was going to be awkward, sitting in a room next to him with her parents. This was feeling a lot like the night of the Ball, when he'd asked her to dance. Sweaty palms and a pounding heart. Except this time, there was no question as to whether or not he actually liked her; they were dating. Every other time she'd gotten to see him, there had been some stressful undercurrent that had her over-thinking everything. This time... well, she was worried about her parents, but not overmuch. Her mum seemed ready to adopt him into the family, and Ada highly doubted he'd do anything to change that. And her dad was a reasonable person, and he just wanted her to be safe and happy. Once he decided that Chris was helping him on those fronts rather than hurting him, everything would be fine. The lack of stress was extremely welcome... but her hormones were definitely not.

The Hufflepuff took a step back, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes for a second to try and center herself. She opened them and looked around, thoughtful. She didn't really want to go in yet; for once, she wasn't worried about anything awful happening while she was alone with him. Having a chance to actually sit and talk to him would be nice... she tapped her foot for a second, glancing at the chairs.
                                                          "I sort of beat them to the door... although Mum was holding Dad back so I guess she wanted me to answer it. Not sure she thought I'd come out to talk to you, I sort of didn't wait to see if they had an opinion on the matter. Um... were you in any rush to get inside? I love my parents, but I have a feeling we won't get to talk much once they're part of the conversation." She sat down, smoothing her skirt and crossing her ankles, an unusually proper position for her to sit in. But, somehow wearing a nice dress and heels always brought that part of her out. She supposed that her mum had more influence on her than she generally thought. She watched him, feeling oddly relaxed and excited at the same time, wondering just how long she could stay out here with him before her father finally decided to make them come inside... hopefully he could be patient. Hopefully mum could make him be. Ada realized that she didn't think she'd ever actually sat down and talked to Chris. Generally, they were standing, or walking, while they spoke. It seemed a bit odd, given that they'd known each other for over a year and been dating since last Autumn. But, they didn't get to see each other much, so it wasn't really all that strange... or, it was strange, but understandable. She leaned back in her chair, smiling. She'd be getting to see him more often soon enough. If he couldn't come see her at school, that was fine, but next Summer he'd probably have to hide to get away from her. She'd have two years to make up for by that point, after all.

❀ ❀ ❀ You will never know until you let me go;
                                                          I'm hoping this will never end.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:47 pm
User Image
User Image

Like to say to you
But I don't know how

Chris nodded, his smile brightening as he realized that she had done it for him. It was definitely unexpected, but it was a pleasant surprise. "Yeah. I had never imagined you as a blonde, but it does look good. Kind of like a bit of sunshine in the dark." He blushed, realizing how corny that sounded. Of course Ada would probably think that was a bad comparison, but it didn't change the fact that it looked great on her. He shuffled his feet, thinking that this was probably the first time that they had talked that hadn't gotten interrupted by a masked person, or a murderous group trying to kill everyone, or well, just trouble in general.

When Ada asked if he was in a hurry to get inside, he shook his head. He didn't know if he was being cowardly or not, but the thought of going inside and facing what was probably a bad situation was a little unpleasant. Instead, he ended up sitting down next to Ada, wondering how much of the evening he would worry about if her father would stake him or not. "No, no real rush at the moment. I was just surprised. I'm pretty sure my father would have hexed the first guy my sister brought home, just because he wouldn't think they were good enough. As for the rest of my family, well, I think Chalmes would have embarrassed Tria doing something." The idea of his little sister bringing a guy home was foreign to him, and so he just sighed and stretched a bit, thinking. "I do think it's kind of funny how we've known each other for a little over a year, and yet every time we've talked, something's always interrupted us, or something was the major disaster of the evening." No, he didn't want to mention the fact that he had completely freaked out during their first date, but it had happened. At least he didn't have to worry about hiding himself here. Well, hopefully he didn't.

Because maybe
And after all
You're my wonderwall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:47 am
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'He likes it! Thank God. If I had to ask Dhyl to change it back I think he'd kill me...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀

Adalaide's cheeks pinkened again, her eyes sparkling, her mouth curving in a smile. Sunshine. Exactly what she'd intended, although she certainly hadn't expected him to think of it that way. She'd spent a fair bit of time debating outright telling him exactly what her thought process had been, minus the panicked bit of course (she didn't want him to feel bad for not writing her about his sister, after all), leading to her decision. She hadn't known if he'd think it was silly, or appreciate the gesture, or if it would make him uncomfortable. But, if he'd already made the connection... "Well, I... I mean, that was sort of the point. I thought... well, you can't see real sunshine anymore. So, I wanted..." She trailed off, blushing furiously, unable to complete the statement. It was just so cheesy! She'd known it was from the beginning, of course, but doing something cheesy and explaining the cheesy reason you'd done it were completely different things. She clenched her fists, glancing at him, hoping that he wouldn't laugh at her, or freak out and think she was weirdly clingy or something. She honestly didn't think he was the sort of person to do either of those things, of course, but insecurity had a strange ability to make her worry about everything.

When he sat beside her, she felt herself get warmer. This was so nice! No real pressure, no danger, no nothing, just them sitting there, talking. The looming threat of her parents was hanging overhead, but even that didn't bother her. She giggled a bit at his description of what would likely happen when Eretria brought a boy home. From what she knew of the Slytherin, which was admittedly very little (although she'd asked Damien at bit about her after learning she was Chris' sister, much to the boy's confusion), the idea of anyone embarrassing her was somewhat odd.
                                                          "I guess I'm lucky, then. My brother's only 3; he's too little to embarrass me, really. My mum, on the other hand... But, she means well, so at least I'll know it's not on purpose. And I don't think Michelle or Olyvia will be joining us, so no danger there." She wondered if Chris were worried about her father hexing him, though. That seemed like a sort of odd thing to worry about, but given how many odd things she worried about with him, she wouldn't discount it. It might be a very reasonable concern to him, after all. "My dad'll be fine. He just has to make sure you're not some awful person. Which he knows you're not, because otherwise I wouldn't be dating you. But I'm sure once he's actually met you, it'll be okay." Ada knew her father just wanted her to be happy; if Chris made her happy, he'd like Chris. He just had to do the dad thing first. She found it a bit annoying, but understandable. She'd never had a boyfriend before; her judgement could have been totally skewed. It wasn't, of course, but she knew enough people who'd had less than stellar first relationships to know that it could have been a possibility.

His pointing out the various pitfalls of their previous dates made her wince, though with a small chuckle, and a smile.
                                                          "No kidding. I think the worst thing that could happen tonight is that you might have to kidnap me to save me from the embarrassment of my family telling you stories about my childhood. Heaven forbid my mum break out the photo album." Actually, the idea of Chris kidnapping her wasn't such an awful one. She bit back the urge to ask him to bail now and just go for a walk. She'd be in oh, so much trouble if she did that... and given how nervous he apparently was about meeting her parents, she was pretty sure he'd go for it. Not a great first impression, that. No matter how much she'd love it.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:20 pm
User Image
User Image

Like to say to you
But I don't know how

Chris blinked. She had done it since he could no longer appreciate sunlight? That was thoughtful, and it made him yet again kick himself for beting an idiot that night. However, what was done was done, and now, well, he had to look after himself, since Dragon gave him free reign over the vampires in his clan in England. It was quite the shock, though he figured it had more to do with the fact that the vampire population was decimated. Though if Dragon was expecting him to condemn people to this life, he had another thing coming. "Wow, I didn't realize you did that for that reason..." Impulsively he reached over and hugged Ada, giving her a bit of a squeeze before letting go. He hadn't realized that something like that would mean so much to him, but it did. "Thank you, I appreciate the thought." He grinned a bit, suddenly feeling sheepish. "This almost makes me want to give you your gift, since it's your birthday and I should be giving something to you, and not vise versa."

Michelle. Well, she was one of those that Ada had as a friend. Though, she apparently wasn't going to be there. He didn't know if it was a blessing or a curse, if for no other reason, than at least Michelle already had her mind made up about him, and he figured she would defend Chris from Ada's father. On the other hand, she could just as easily point out all her reasoning for Chris to get lost. Somehow he doubted she would, but Chris wasn't too sure. Well, he just hoped that it wouldn't turn into an inquisition. Or his family brought up. What was with wizards and their need to make sure that their kids were seeing acceptable families? Okay, so maybe his father might do the same thing to any of his kids, but Chalmes would probably never listen to him, and he had accepted two squib children, one becoming a vampire later in life. This whole mess was going to be something, wasn't it? "Yeah, fathers can get that way. They always want what's best for their kids."

At the mention of a photo album, his eyes widened a bit. He'd forgotten that parents tended to do that. His own father had when Chalmes came home once with a girl. That poor girl looked through it and promptly realized that Chalmes wasn't going to work out with her. Well, if anything, he didn't have to do the same thing, right? He doubted he would care if her mum started telling embarrassing stories about her, well, except to save her from embarassment. "Oh lord, I forgot that parents like to do that sort of thing. My dad usually goes on a spiel about bloodlines and what a marriage could bring. He's been trying for years to get me or Chalmes married off to some pureblood witch of some sort." Now that had been embarrassing for the both of them, to be honest, because every embarrassing tale about Chalmes inevitably included him as well. Hopefully their father wouldn't do it again.

Because maybe
And after all
You're my wonderwall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:34 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

Adalaide's heart thumped when he hugged her, her cheeks lightening, but still a bit pink. He liked it, he appreciated it. He didn't think she was weird or that it was silly. That did a lot to calm her nerves... and made her heart skip a beat. Then he gave that sheepish little smile, and she almost gave a dreamy sigh. He was so cute, and she didn't think he had a single clue about it. When he mentioned a present, her eyes went wide, sparking, and she smiled sweetly. He didn't need to get her anything; no one did, really. She'd accept presents from her family, of course, but she always felt a bit odd when friends bought her things. She loved receiving gifts, of course, but she never expected to get them. And if asked what she wanted in the days prior to her birthday or Christmas, she always gave the same answer. The phrase 'your gift' went over the blonde's head, and she thought that he meant he should've gotten her something. So, she put a hand on his, and squeezed a bit. "You don't have to get me anything. The fact that you came... it means a lot. I know it's probably pretty nerve-wracking. I mean, I've been going to school with your sister for years and still haven't bothered to try and introduce myself to her. Although, that was partially because I didn't know if you two had talked, and if you would've told her about me yet. I mean, 'I have a girlfriend' seems sort of secondary to 'I'm alive, and by the way, I'm also a vampire.'" Honestly, Adalaide hadn't a single clue how she was going to introduce herself to his sister. She'd already met his brother, sort of, so that would probably be a bit easier... although she wondered if he'd dislike her for being a witch. From the little he'd said to her, it seemed he had something of a chip on his shoulder where magic was concerned. And as for his father... she'd rather not think about that at all, actually.

She sat quietly as he spoke, his final words sinking in, making her feel.. well, rather small, and more than a bit worried. She wasn't pureblood; it was a fact that had never bothered her before. Even when everything with Damien happened when she was young, her parents had made sure that she knew it was his deficiency, not hers, that was the problem. That there was nothing wrong with her parents or her bloodline, that it was his parents and their outdated beliefs that were wrong. But now... she cared about Chris, and she didn't want to cause problems for him and his family. He'd been avoiding them for years because of his vampirism and not knowing how they'd react to that. They'd only just reconnected. She didn't want to stand in the way of that... It wasn't something that had occurred to her until now. But... what if it was a problem? What if his dad was one of those purists, and he didn't want Chris seeing her? It wasn't exactly logical, since Chris was a vampire and therefore very unlikely to have children (and even if he did, they would be halfbreeds, which were by definition not really pureblooded), but she didn't think logic was really a part of the equation in regards to blood purity and the people who believed in or upheld it. She tried to keep from looking like something was bothering her. No bad things tonight, right? No insane acts of horror, no sadness or angst or any of that. Just... her dad. Not his. His dad was not the concern tonight. They would just... cross that bridge when they got there. Hopefully in a long, long while. Although she wondered... Chris did know she was a halfblood, right? She blanched every so slightly, realizing that she had never told him... he might have guessed from her mother sending the invitation through the muggle post, though, right? She hoped that tonight wasn't going to be an awkward revelation... at least she had the faith that she wasn't worried about him rejecting her when he found out.

She gave her head a light shake, trying to think of something else to talk about... anything to talk about. But, before she had to, the door opened. She glanced over at it, expecting her mother asking them to come in, or her dad glaring at them until they did so without needing to be asked.

Rather than her mother or father, Adalaide's little brother came out onto the porch, his eyes wide and excited. He ran over to his sister, throwing himself on her, smiling and giggling. "Ada, mummy says you gotta come inside now! She said she wanna meet Chwis!" The toddler then turned his head, his eyes lighting on the man sitting next to his sister. He rolled off of her after a second and went to stand in front of Chris, his thumb going to his mouth. He looked the young man over for a moment, then waved. "Hi! I'm Bassen! Awe you Chwis?" Mummy had said that Chris was Ada's boyfriend, but Sebastian didn't quite know what that meant. He'd just met Dhyl a few days ago, after all, and he was Ada's boy friend, too, right? Mummy and Daddy were making a big deal out of this one, though, like he was different, although Sebastian had no idea why. He watched Chris carefully, his eyes curious, questioning, trying to glean some hint of the truth from the vampire's face.

Adalaide giggled a bit, glad for the reprieve from her troubling thoughts. She stood, smoothed her skirt, and then scooped up her brother, placing him on her hip, smiling. "This is Sebastian. I guess this is Mum's way of politely asking us to come in before my dad can't take it anymore and runs out after us. In wonder if he's gray-headed yet..." She chuckled and, impulsively, leaned down while she had at least a bit of height on Chris and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. She straightened, her cheeks flushing a bit. First and probably only time she'd ever be able to give him a kiss, that. She was far too short to do so normally. She bounced Sebastian a bit, smiling, her eyes sparkling. "You'll be fine, I promise. If he gets too mean, my mum'll hit him upside his head or something, I'm sure." Her tone was joking, but she wasn't sure it was far from the truth. Her mom did seem determined to make this go well and to make Chris feel welcome... she had a feeling her dad would be in far more trouble at the end of the night than her boyfriend would be.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:12 pm
User Image

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Seventh Year ஐ Single ஐ

So after all this ҭเ๓є you're still so ๒ℓเи∂!ஐ   
        Thought I was ұ๏ยгร You must have gone and ℓøรҭyour ๓เи∂!ஐ   
        I ҭøøк it all there's иøҭђเиﻮ left to ҭคкє!

Michelle yawned and walked out into the living room and immediately froze. What the hell? The room was covered in birthday streamers and balloons and colourful things and right in the center of the dining room was a huge cake. Michelle had never seen a cake so large and she used to live work and breathe a candy/bakery shop. She groaned as she read the words on cake. 'Happy Birthday Melody - 2 years old'. Why couldn't Natalie leave well enough alone? Michelle already felt terrible for leaving the poor child in an orphanage. This was just a reminder. The snake hadn't wanted to leave her there. She hadn't but it was safe there, not here.

With a huge sigh, Michelle shove a half smile onto her face and headed towards the kitchen which is where she knew she would find Ada and Natasha, doing whatever it was they did. Michelle would party with them if they wanted her too. She would pretend it was all okay and let it be okay, because they wanted to celebrate the poor child's life while Michelle just wanted to mourn it.
        "Good morning." She muttered, giving them both a tiny smile and glancing behind her. "Having fun you two?"

At that moment Olyvia came scrambling into the kitchen covered in streamers and other party things. Michelle raised an eyebrow at the tiny girl and sighed.
        "Hey Squirt." She said, ruffling her little sister's hair and pulling a stray streamer piece out of it. "Hi Mitchy! We're celebrating Melody's birthday..... so where is she?" Michelle rolled her eyes and gently pushed the tiny Hufflepuff towards Nat and Ada. "I'm not saying a word about that Lyv. Nice try."

Nothing's ςђคиﻮє∂, another day has ﻮøиєஐ  
        Full of ℓเєร, I only told you what you ฬคиҭஐ  
        You've hit the ฬคใใ, and I canҭєℓℓஐ  
        Cause your ﻮเνเиﻮ in to ұøยг weakness иøฬ

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:26 pm
User Image

The Blythes……………………………………………………
Jonathan // Natasha // Adalaide // Sebastian
CURRENTLY // Looking Handsome in the Living Roomspace
CURRENTLY // loving my wife, Natashaspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // His Familyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I swear to God, when she gets an idea in her head...' spacespac

CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely in the Kitchenspace
CURRENTLY // loving my husband, Jonathanspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Her Familyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Even if she's not here, she's still family.' spacespac

CURRENTLY // Looking Charming in the Kitchenspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Sadspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'At least she's sort of with us...' spacespac

CURRENTLY // Looking Adorable in the Living Roomspace
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Streamers and cake! Streamers and cake!' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceJonathan sat in the living room, his nose buried in the Daily Prophet, trying not to let his family know how very annoyed he was at his wife's most recent brilliant idea. She's told him about it weeks ago, of course, Natasha was incapable of doing anything spur of the moment, everything had to be planned. But he hadn't thought she would actually go through with this. It felt unnatural. Depressing. Having a birthday for a baby who wasn't there. Not dead, no, but... gone. Taken away. Safe at the orphanage, far away from the place her vile father would look for her. He hated to leave her there, but Vincent knew where they lived. Short of moving the entire family from the home his parents had built for them... he didn't know what else to do. He couldn't exactly have his house on a twenty-four hour watch to keep the psychopath away from the baby. So, it was better that she wasn't there, that she was somewhere he'd never think to look for her. It twisted Jonathan's insides and made him furious to think that Melody, who was his daughter, he would never see her as anything else, was growing up in an orphanage, thinking she was all alone, not having her family with her. It ate him alive... so surely Vincent would never think he had abandoned her like that. For a time, they had been friends... Vincent had watched his family. he knew how he doted on his children, how they were his world. He doubted it would ever occur to the man that he'd abandon the child... at least, he hoped it wouldn't.

spaceNatasha, meanwhile, had been up since the crack of dawn (and when wasn't she?) baking and cooking and decorating... she was like a whirlwind of teal and brown, a tornado that left delicious food in its wake... she'd put Olyvia on decorating duty as soon as the girl had been up, and Ada had come in to help with the cake not long after. Nat was excellent at the baking, but she'd never had her daughter's artistic talents when it came to decorating. Jonathan's single contribution had been to magically cool the cake so that it could be crumb coated and frosted. He'd grumbled the entire time, but he'd at least done it.

spaceShe offered Michelle a gentle smile, her eyes somewhat sad. She'd figured the idea of a birthday for Melody might make the girl sad, but... well, they were all sad that Melody wasn't there. Natasha wanted them all to remember that she was part of the family, even if she wasn't here. Family members got birthday parties. Honestly, Nat planned on throwing them for Michelle once she was graduated and wouldn't be away at school for her own birthday. Nat did birthdays. It was just what she did. "I just thought we should all keep her in mind. I want it to feel natural when... when she comes home. So I want us to treat her like family, even if she's not here. So, we're celebrating her birthday." She turned away, going to check the food in the oven... but really she just wanted to turn her face away. She didn't want to think about Melody being gone... treating things like she was still here might seem counter-productive to some, since it would underscore her absence, but it made perfect sense to Nat. Still, it didn't keep the tears from welling. She did miss Melody... and her mother, of course. Things weren't the same without Vicky around.

spaceAdalaide had frosting on the tip of her nose, and was busy piping flowers on the cake in pinks and blues. Her face was a mask of concentration, and her tongue was sticking out of her mouth... she looked rather ridiculous, honestly. Not that she was even remotely aware of anything beyond what she was working on. She didn't even notice Michelle for a moment. When she did, she looked up, smiling. "Morning! Don't suppose we could talk you into helping set the table or something, could we?" Ada had a feeling Michelle was going to be a bit of a killjoy. The Slytherin tended to focus on the negative. She probably wouldn't be in much of a party mood. Unfortunately for Michelle, her best friend (and sister) seemed to completely agree with Natasha's line of thinking. They didn't want Melody to feel like a transplant when she was finally able to come home. So, they needed to act like she was always there. Besides, who didn't like cake?

spaceSebastian sat in the living room, coloring. It was his new favorite thing to do, color. He was currently working on drawing a picture of his sister's new kitty, Mina, who was a lot nicer than her old one. Dracula liked to run away from him and scratched him one time and it hurt and Sebastian did NOT like that. Mina, though, was really sweet and loving. Sebastian was going to draw a picture of her so that he could give it to Adalaide as a welcome home present. He would figure out one for Michelle and Lyvy later. He wanted to think really hard about theirs because they weren't as easy as Ada was. The four-year-old was having trouble concentrating, though, because he could smell the cake his mother had baked. He'd tried, several times, all unsuccessful, to sneak into the kitchen and taste it, but apparently he wasn't very sneaky. He had no idea why they were making a cake, though. Maybe it was Ada's birthday? But she was usually home longer than a couple days when they did that... he frowned in frustration. What was going on? Still, he was excited; cake was cake, after all.

XxXDevil-chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:30 pm
User Image

It's just another war
        Just another family torn
        Just a step from the edge

Michelle blinked as everyone started talking to her about this party they were throwing. She grumbled under her breath and sighed as Ada asked her to set the table. She snapped her fingers and the dishes floated into the air and followed her out of the kitchen and into the dining room. She sighed and flicked her fingers towards where she wanted the plates, and once they were all in place she headed quickly out to where she knew she'd find Jonathan. "Guessing this was Nat's idea?" She asked, taking a seat next to Sebastian on the floor and tickling his side. "What's up Bastian. Have you met Lyv's new little kitten? She's a shy little one." Michelle smiled and looked down at the toddler's drawing. "What are you drawing?"

Olyvia sighed as Michelle's grumpy mood exuded from the older girl despite the forced smile on the Slytherin's face. As she left with her floating plates, Lyv rolled her eyes. "Show off." She muttered, sticking her tongue out at her sister's back. "Is there anything else I can do Nat? I think I hung a million streamers and sparkles and balloons and stuff. I was thinking maybe flowers or something. Everyone likes flowers. I'm sure Mels would love flowers." Olyvia smiled up at Natasha and glanced at Ada. She giggled and reached forward to wipe the frosting off of her nose. At least Ada was in a good mood. Maybe they could cheer up Mitchy too! Olyvia nodded her head. That would be her goal for the day.

I've gotta fight today
        To live another day
        Speakin' my mind today
        I've gotta make a stand
        My voice will be heard today

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:06 am
User Image

CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I swear to God, when she gets an idea in her head...' spacespac

spaceJonathan glanced at Michelle when she joined him in the living room, and sighed. When he spoke, his voice was quiet, just loud enough for her to hear. "Yes. I told her it was a bad idea. But, she insisted... and if it makes her and Ada and Lyv feel better... then I guess I can muscle through it. You, too." Jon was all-to aware of the chasm between his and Michelle's way of coping and that of the rest of the family. The two of them... they were practical. They understood it was necessary, and didn't want the reminder that such an awful thing had to be done. But Natasha and Adalaide and even Olyvia... they were different. They needed to feel close to Melody, to ensure that she still was part of the family. It was like they needed the reminder that she was still alive, that she'd be coming home one day... and like maybe they thought if they baked the cake and put up the decorations, the girl would appear. Logically, of course, they knew that wasn't the case... but they were dreamers, after all. While he was certainly more logical, as was Michelle. So, the pair of them just had to deal with things... because they could. It was the way of it.

spaceNatasha sighed at the look on Michelle's face when Ada had asked her to set the table. She knew this was hard on Michelle; how could it not be? She was far too young to have to make such tough decisions, and yet, she'd had to. This hadn't even been the first time she'd had to be the grown-up. But, the only way to make things better and keep thing happy was to do things that made you happy. Sitting around, knowing it was Melody's birthday and that she should be here and there should be cake and decorations and such and there wasn't, hurt. It was sad... and the only thing Nat could do was give everyone the party they'd be having if little Melody was with them. If nothing else, a festive celebration would distract from the depressing reminder. So, she'd made the cake, cooked the food, and had Ada and Lyv help with the rest because it was just the way she did things. So, whether Jonathan and Michelle liked it or not, they were having a party. "Well, with the table set... I guess we can do breakfast. Ada, can you help me get the food on the table?" She glanced at Lyv, her expression thoughtful. Flower... well, there were a lot of fresh blooms in the garden, after all. It would be easy enough to collect some and decorate with them... it'd have to wait until after breakfast, though. "How about, after breakfast, we go cut some and put them in vases around the table? Then, the house will smell like cake and flowers." At this last bit, her eyes crinkled a bit, and she smiled. Cake and flowers... two of the best smelling things in the world, in her opinion.

spaceAdalaide rolled her eyes at her best friend's grumpy expression. By now, she should've expected something like this, really. Although, if she was determined to be a grump, Ada might just send her to her room. Her and dad, Ada thought with annoyance. He'd been glowering all morning. Whatever. If the two of them wanted to sit around being depressed and annoyed, they could just go do something else. Michelle could sit in her room and her dad could go to work or something. Because all they were doing was trying to make the best of a bad situation. They didn't dwell; they refused. Instead of being sad that she was gone, they were celebrating that she was alive... and that was the important thing, Ada thought. Especially since Vicky wasn't. Watching the silver-haired Slytherin levitate the plates (showing off both that she was of age and that she could do wandless, the brat), Ada hoped that she'd at least try to have a good day. She was too moody. Hardly anything made her happy... she was amused by things, sure, but those things were usually other people being idiots and amusement wasn't really happiness.

spaceAdalaide put the finishing touches on the cake, smiling widely. "Lyv, you wanted flowers, right? C'mere." The blonde put down her piping bag and wiped her hands on her apron. The younger girl swiped the frosting from her nose, making her giggle. "Check it out," she said, pointing to the cake. The pale blue frosting was decorated with swirling vines and delicate pink roses. Ada had been working on it for hours, ever since she'd gotten up. She didn't get to do much while at school, but she'd been piping like this long enough that it wasn't hard. She'd always helped her mom with this part of baking cakes, since it didn't involve any actual baking.

spaceSebastian giggled when Michelle joined her and tickled him. What was it with his sisters and the tickling? IT seemed like all they ever did... well, except Ada. She liked blowing raspberries on his tummy, too! He pushed Michelle a bit like he was trying to shove her away, knowing he would never accomplish it. After a moment, he gave up. When she asked about Lyv's kitten, he shook his head. "I saw her, but she ran away. She's too fast!" He grumbled a bit at that, pouting. The kitty was really pretty... but she ran from him like Dracula did! What if when he caught her, she scratched him like the black cat had? He didn't want to be scratched. When she asked about the drawing, his finger went to his mouth, and he whispered (rather loudly) "Shhhhh... dun tell Ada. I'm drawing Mina for her." He pointed to the orange cat, who was seated on an ottoman a few feet away, in a perfect pose to be drawn... if only he could draw better. Of course, he didn't realize that his 'drawing' looked more like a small orange circle sitting on a big orange circle with a bunch of red lines through it. To him, it looked exactly like the kitty on the footrest. He was quite proud of it, in fact.

XxXDevil-chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:10 pm
User Image

It's just another war
        Just another family torn
        Just a step from the edge

Michelle grumbled at Jonathan's response. Yeah yeah, muscle through it to make them happy. She was trying. She actually was trying, not that it really looked like it. This was about the nicest face she could put on in the face of what was going on. Her baby sister, her beautiful baby sister was trapped in a horrible dirty disgusting orphanage. Her baby sister's mother was dead, her father was insane and still out there somewhere, and Michelle hated just about everything that was possible to hate, so yes her grumpy acceptance of what was going on was about as nice of a face as she could possibly muster right now.

The silver eyed snake did offer a genuine smile to Sebastian though. He was sweet, and adorable, and perfectly safe and sound in the Blythe cottage, and that was about as much as Michelle could as for at this moment.
        "Aww don't worry Bastian. Scarlet is just a little shy right now, I bet you can get her to play with you soon!" She encouraged the little boy, patting his head gently. As she spoke she admired the picture the little boy was drawing and nodded her head. "It looks exactly like Mina. Ada will love it." Michelle leaned back on the palms of her hands. Honestly the drawing was basically 2 different coloured blobs that looked nothing like Ada's cat and that was perfectly fine. The boy was trying his best.

Olyvia nodded her head at the idea of getting the flowers after breakfast. She wanted the place to be as lively as possible. Melody was her sister. Her actual sister. As much as Lyv loved Michelle and counted her as her sister, and even Ada and Sebastian were her family now. Melody was her actual blood sister. The only other one related to her and her a*****e of a father. They were all the other had and now Mels was somewhere out there without any family. They had to pretend everything was okay. For Melody's sake, for Natasha's sake, for Ada and Michelle and Jonathan and even Sebastian's sake. For all of them. Everything, for once, had to be okay, and since it wasn't okay, Lyv had to put on a smile and pretend it was. She walked over to where Ada was and peered at the cake curiously. "Oh those are beautiful Ada. I never knew you could do that. Mels would have loved them."

I've gotta fight today
        To live another day
        Speakin' my mind today
        I've gotta make a stand
        My voice will be heard today

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:02 pm
User Image

spaceJonathan sighed, but didn't speak. She wasn't happy; hell, he wasn't either. But Natasha was a steamroller, and Adalaide and Lyv were almost as bad. It would've happened no matter what he'd done... and in all honesty, he could understand, on an intellectual level, why they felt the need to do this. It was why he hadn't bothered trying to fight it. But he felt bad; Michelle didn't need the reminder. It had to be painful for her, and he hated that. He didn't want her to have to sit with this reminder... she'd had no choice. He knew that. Hell, Natasha knew that, even if she didn't quite understand it. He didn't want Michelle to be in pain, to have to sit through this and feel bad about Melody's absence. She was part of the family, as much his daughter as Adalaide was. She had no one else; they were her family, in spite of how uncomfortable that idea might make her. They loved her... something he didn't think the girl knew how to deal with. But, she was getting better in some regards, at least. She was a wonderful older sister to Sebastian. Even now, when she was annoyed at all of them, he made her smile.

spaceNoticing that breakfast was on the table, he stood, tucking his newspaper away. He placed a hand on the Slytherin's shoulder and gave her a light smile. "Why don't you get Sebastian to the table for me?" he asked gently, wanting to give her something, anything to do that would even slightly distract her. Helping Sebastian at the table, making his plate, trying to keep him at least relatively clean, was no insurmountable task... maybe it'd keep her busy. Keep her mind off of everything.

spaceNatasha overheard Jon giving over the task of taking care of Sebastian's breakfast to Michelle, and sighed. She felt ever so slightly bad, but the white-haired girl, if left to her own devices would probably spend the day sulking... like she did most days, actually. Natasha didn't think she'd ever seen a teen who was so content to brood. It almost seemed to be her default setting... which couldn't be healthy, right? But at least taking care of Sebastian would give her something to do. The brunette smiled widely as the family converged on the table. "Okay, everyone, after breakfast I'm taking Lyv out to the flower garden to cut some flowers. Everyone else, just... I mean, there aren't really any chores to do, so... Just do whatever. Except, Ada if you could clean the kitchen-"

space"Got it, mum," Adalaide said as she took her seat at the table, pouring herself a glass of pumpkin juice and working on making her plate. Usually, she'd have worked on her brother's first, but apparently that was Michelle's job today. That was alright; she needed something to put her in a good mood, after all. Ada smiled as she glanced towards the living room; Sebastian had the amazing ability to make even Michelle smile. She glanced at Lyv and smiled. "Mum bakes a lot. When I was little, I always wanted to help in the kitchen, but she didn't want to let me actually cook. So she started teaching me to frost the cakes... I got really interested in it. After a while she just let me do all of them. Except my own birthday, of course. Apparently it's bad luck for me to make my own. I thought that was just wedding cakes, but she insist's it's birthday cakes, too." The blonde tossed her hair over her shoulder and started on her breakfast, her expression thoughtful. What was she going to do if not help with the flowers? Nat had seemed very much like she'd like it to just be her and Olyvia... Ada supposed that after she finished the kitchen she could head out into the greenhouse, but she was pretty sure that her father was planning on heading out there to avoid the rest of them... she hoped Michelle didn't follow. That girl would probably kill all the greenery just by standing near it.

spaceSebastian smiled widely when Michelle told him Scarlet was just shy. Did that mean she was nice? He finished the drawing just as his dad stood up and went to the kitchen. He tucked the picture away in the book his mummy had gotten him and stood, clapping and smiling at Michelle. "I want a banana! And chocolate chip pancakes! I know mummy made them with chocolate chips, I saw her making them!" the four year old declared excitedly. Without waiting for his sister, he took off for the dining room, attempting to pull himself up into a chair without assistance.

XxXDevil-chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:17 am
User Image
𝔻𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕖𝕟 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspace
CURRENTLY // Looking Casual at the Blythe'sspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Adalaidespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Angryspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I can not bloody believe her...' spacespac

↮ ↮ ↮ I've traveled and unwound my own truth yeah
I've laid my head on the rock of youth yeah
↮ ↮ ↮
═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien made his way out to the Blythe's backyard with a scowl on his face, having been directed to Adalaide's location by her mother. The woman had invited him to stay for dinner, an offer which he had declined, insisting that he was only here to talk to Adalaide. He didn't care to add that after the 'conversation' they were about to have, he doubted very much if Ada would want him in her house. He didn't particularly care; there was a limit to the amount of danger the girl could just blithely throw herself into before he had to put his foot down. Between hearing the rumors about vampires at the publishing company and seeing the blood pops the blonde had tucked in her Honeydukes bag, he didn't particularly feel like he needed much more proof. Perhaps he was jumping to conclusions, but hell, what other conclusion was there? She was always busy Friday nights, explained away the bags under her eyes come Monday morning saying that she'd taken up the habit of staying up all night on the weekends... and none of them knew anything about her damned boyfriend except that he was older than them and she hadn't bothered to introduce him to anyone when he'd come to the damned ball last year. It'd been obvious since she'd started seeing him that she was keeping a secret... at first he'd thought it was just that she even had a boyfriend, but when she'd confessed easily, he'd been at a loss to what else she could possibly be hiding. Now he knew; her boyfriend was a bloody vampire.

spaceThe former Slytherin found his friend sitting in a swing hanging from one of the trees in the yard, swaying back and forth with her legs tucked under her, a book in hand. She didn't notice him until he was within a few feet of her, and a small smile broke on her face before she noted his expression. "'Lo, Damien. What brings you by?" she asked, expression confused and a bit wary. He crossed his arms, scowling at her, and she marked her place in her book and frowned at him. "Something on your mind, Damien?" she asked after a beat, legs sliding out from under her to stop her swinging, though she remained seated. He continued to glare for a moment, trying to determine how exactly he wanted to go about this. It seemed like a lovely idea to just yell at her over it, but that wasn't the logical part of his mind speaking. He needed to curb that impulse... she was bloody insane, clearly. He needed to to her about this, if for no other reason than to talk some damned sense into her.

space "Really, Adalaide? Really? A vampire?" he asked finally, eyes narrowing at the way she paled, her hand twitching up, almost towards her shoulder... he eyed her hand, which went to her braid and proceeded to nervously fiddle with it, then returned his gaze to her face, mouth thin. "I don't know what you're-" "Oh, don't even, Ada! Even if I didn't already know, the look on your face is practically a confession!" She flinched at his tone, and he rolled his eyes. "Ada, I know that sometimes your taste in friends is questionable, but I thought you had more sense-"

space"I think the only questionable taste I have in friends is whatever it is that keeps sticking me with you!" she spat out, ire invoked by his questioning her judgement. He almost felt sorry for saying that, almost, but he had a point to make and she wasn't about to guilt-trip him into dropping this. "That's a good one, Adalaide, bring that up, why don't you? Keeps you from having to talk about the real problem!" he told her. He watched her eyes narrow, the color rising her in cheeks for once a sign of anger and not embarrassment. Well, it wasn't like this conversation could've been had without her getting mad, after all.

space"The only problem here is you being a complete arse!" she yelled, and he rolled his eyes again. "You only think that because I'm trying to talk some sense into you!" he shot back. "I mean, really, Adalaide! Did you think this through at all? Do you have any idea how insane it is? He's a vampire! There are so many ways this could go wrong!" he told her, not in the least bit amused by her responding with a scoff. "Oh, please! First of all, yes, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that he's a vampire, thank you, I don't need the reminder! Second of all, what, do you think he's going to get hungry one night and decide that I would make a better meal than a girlfriend? That's complete rubbish and you know it!" Damien could barely contain the urge to tell her how bloody stupid he thought she was for that, because quite frankly, yeah, it was possible! But that wasn't even remotely where his mind had gone. "No, Adalaide, that's not what I think! But do you have any idea how bloody strong they are? He could go to give you a hug and break your bloody spine, for Merlin's sake!" Adalaide huffed at that. "Oh, please, Damien! I'm pretty sure if he was going to forget his strength, he'd have done it by now! Trust me, if he were going to lose control like that, he wouldn't be giving me a bloody hug!" she yelled, and his jaw tightened at the implication. The way she flushed a second later cemented that little detail in his mind, and he had to quell the rush of anger that suddenly surged. Seriously? If the guy forgot himself for a second, he'd crush her, and she was sleeping with him? What was wrong with her? "Ada, you have to see that this is crazy!" he told her, not understanding how the girl could manage to get herself into this sort of thing. He'd thought she was the sane one, after all, the one who didn't somehow manage to throw herself into dangerous situations. "Adalaide, he could kill you," he said with a grim expression.

spaceShe slid from her seat then, crossing her arms and glaring at him. "First of all, no, it's not insane, I'm not insane, I could do at lot worse for a guy than Chris, thank you very much. As for 'he could kill me,' guess what, so could literally any other guy I could date. For that matter, I could kill him," she said, not bothering to add or admit to the fact that she was neither sure of how exactly to do that or how difficult it would undoubtedly be, "and besides that, I would be dead if not for him. He's the one who saved my skin at the Circus, he was the one who got me away from the festival before everything went to hell. And I'm not particularly worried about him losing control and deciding I look tasty because in case you didn't notice the Masquerade tent was basically a pool of blood and he didn't even blink at it. Now stop being an obnoxiously overprotective arse before I have to hex you."

spaceHe stayed silent for a moment, not entirely sure what to say to that. He didn't particularly want to admit it, but... damn, she had a point. Any guy she dated would probably be capable of... he didn't really think that she could kill anyone, really, but then, he could tell she was just making a point. He glared at her for a bit. "... I still think you're bloody insane," he told her after a pause. He wasn't happy about this. He really, really wasn't. And really, he hadn't even scratched the surface of all the ways this could end badly for Adalaide, but... dammit, she looked exhausted every Monday, but she also looked happy. And, hell, Dom was dating Grace, and Grace had to...

spaceHis eyes narrowed. "How did you even meet this guy, Ada?" he asked. He watched her shoulders relax, eyeing her carefully. He knew the answer before she even gave it. "Grace," she said with a small smile. "Or, well... we sort of ran into each other, and I... thought he was cute. Grace wouldn't leave it alone when she found out, she sort of... talked him into writing me. One thing led to another..." Damien's eyes widened as something suddenly hit him. "You actually were sneaking out after hours fifth year, weren't you?" he asked, and she nodded with a light shrug. "Wasn't like he could meet me for lunch," she said, and he sighed. "Dammit, Adalaide... you're going to drive me insane. You know that? Between you, and Mari..." he shook his head. The blonde laughed a bit, and closed the distance between the pair to give him a hug. "I'll be fine. Mari will be fine. Stop worrying about everything," she said, pressing a light, sisterly kiss to his cheek. He pulled back, and his hand went to the back of his head, rubbing a bit. "... Think I could still stay for dinner? Mari won't be home for a bit still..." "Sure," she told him with a smile, hooking an arm through his to lead him inside. "We'll even send some home for her so you don't have to cook." He rolled his eyes, thinking that not having to cook actually sounded sort of nice. Not that he minded, really, but he was a bit tired. He did wonder, though... if Grace had known... did Dominic? If his best mate had known Adalaide was dating a vampire, he was going to bloody kill him.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ↮ ↮ ↮ I've trusted and then broken my own word
                                                          Just to keep me free in this mad, mad word
                                                          ↮ ↮ ↮

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:50 pm
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The sun was low in the sky, having only just begun rising when a loud crack split the near silent air. The girl that appeared in the foggy dawn was not a pleasant sight to say the least. Dirt, grime, and what looked like it could possibly be dried blood covered her face, and splattered most of her exposed skin. Her usually pale hair, hung lifelessly around her face in a tangled, and greasy mess, and though it's natural color was near white, it now looked to be dusted with dirt and layered with a thin sheen of grease. To say the least, she looked as if she hadn't showered it what possibly could have been many weeks. She licked dry cracked lips and smoothed dirty hands over her face as she stared at the pristine little cottage that she could almost call home. She'd been gone for months, maybe over a year, she wasn't quite positive. It had been a long time and she was tired and drained and her heart felt stone cold.

The past few months had been spent endless hunting down clues that lead her closer and closer to her goal. She'd done it though. The man was dead and he would never hurt anyone ever again. She'd spent a long time tracking across the Canadian wilderness looking for him. Magic made it easier, but the fact of the matter was, she couldn't just apparate places, because she was following his tracks. She got there though. She'd found him in a tiny little run down village with a tiny population. He had been hiding out, making like the villagers, pretending to be one of them. He'd confunded the whole lot of them into thinking he'd always been there. He'd messed up though. Why wouldn't the snake be suspicious of a man no one seemed to remember ever coming to the town. Anyone who had 'just always been there' was a good bet to be him. He'd changed of course. At least in looks. He'd grown a long beard, he was starting to grey, and wrinkles lined parts of his face. He was old and when he saw her coming, he tried to run, but in the end she'd caught up to him. He'd known all along she would. In the last few moments, he sat there, on his knees, begging her for mercy.

She'd almost wanted to laugh in that moment. He begged her for mercy. He begged her for his life, when all those years, she'd pleaded with him. She'd cried and screamed and begged him to not hurt her anymore. She'd done everything in her power to not piss him off, and in the end she'd succumbed to her fate and let him hurt her. She'd let him beat her until she couldn't even walk, and she'd beg him to not hurt anyone else. He could hurt her, but dear god please don't hurt anyone else. But none of it had ever worked. The moment she wasn't there to protect her, he'd hurt Olyvia. He'd hurt Victoria. He'd killed her, and he tried to steal Melody. All her begging and all her pleading had been for nothing. All her prayers to a God she could no longer even believe in had gotten her nothing. And now he expected her to have mercy? Because he was old? Because he knew he had been wrong? He didn't get mercy! Not from her. He'd killed them all. He'd killed Olyvia's mum, and he'd killed Victoria, and in the end he'd killed Michelle too. Not physically of course, but what was a little girl supposed to do, except grow up cold and broken inside and let the world fill with darkness in her eyes? The only thing she could hope for was that somehow Olyvia had made it out mostly unscathed; that maybe Michelle had succeeded in at least protecting her.... mostly.

So when he'd cried on his knee's begging her for mercy, begging for his life, she told him to make peace with his Gods, and she cut him down. She had no mercy left for him. It had been beaten out of her and drowned out of her and in their final battle, she still knew that he hadn't changed. He only begged when he had no options left. He only pleaded when he realized she truly had won. She thought maybe she would have cried when it was all over, but all she felt was numbness.

Stone cold silver eyes stared at this beautiful cottage, that was full of happy people and a happy family, who lived their lives free of danger because of her, and all she could think was 'what now?' . She had run out of steam. All she wanted to do was get Melody, bring her home, shower, and collapse and sleep for a millennium. What was left for her now? She'd devoted her life to protecting her family from him, but he was gone and she had no plans for the future. She'd honestly never thought she'd get this far. She was sure he'd have killed her by now. She had never thought she was this strong.

As she took her first step towards her new found freedom, the fire bird came soaring from his resting spot in a nearby tree to land comfortably on her shoulder. She paused to reach a pale finger up and stroke his wing gently. “I didn't even write them.” She whispered quietly to her phoenix. “I've been gone for so long, and I didn't write them once. I never have been good at keeping in touch have I?” All she got in response was a soft coo and a nudge of the bird's head against her hand. She nodded her head in silent agreement with his silent words, before sliding the last few feet to the gate and then in through the gate, up the walk way, and to the door. It was there she paused once more. Did she knock? Did she walk right in? She didn't know which was the right thing to do. It was the only home she had... but what would they say if she just trudged in, covered in grime, acting like she hadn't been gone or 9 months? Her fist raised to knock before deciding to ******** it and she pushed the door open and walked in.

Silent eyes scanned the place quickly, and thankfully she found everything to be in order. Nothing was amiss and everything seemed normal. Her family had been safe while she was away. It was one thing she could be thankful for. “Hey.” She muttered as silver eyes fell on Jon. She gave a half wave, feeling all too informal about it all, and shrugged. But what else was she supposed to say? Was she supposed to just walk in and be like 'I just killed a man not more than 8 hours ago how is your day going?' Yeah that definitely wasn't happening. She licked her lips and shrugged again.“Ada still asleep?” She asked quietly.

“Oh.... and we can go get Mels whenever you want.”

Callin’ out รเภร just to pass the ҭเ๓є
                                                      I’ve got ภ๏ҭђเภﻮ left to ใ๏รє
                                                      єνєгұҭђเภﻮ that I’ve๒єς๏๓є
                                                      Just ғคใใร เภҭ๏ the єภ๔

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm
                  User Image

𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔹𝕃𝕐𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  𝕁𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 // ℕ𝕒𝕥𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕒
                  CURRENTLY WITH // Natasha and Michellespacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Relievedspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, thank God she's alright...' spacespac

CURRENTLY WITH // Jonathan and Michellespacesp
                  CURRENTLY FEELING // Relievedspacespa
                  CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my God, she's home, she's finally home...' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJonathan Blythe sat in his chair, as he did most mornings, reading The Daily Prophet while he waited for Natasha to finish making breakfast. Thus far, they were the only ones awake. Olyvia and Sebastian hadn't yet gotten up. He presumed the smell of eggs and sausage cooking hadn't yet pulled them from their sleep. The Potioneer glanced up with wide eyes as the front door opened. He couldn't think of anyone who would be by this early, certainly no one who had a key... but even under all the grime and... blood, he realized, eyes narrowing, it would've been impossible not to recognize his eldest. He looked at her carefully, noting that, aside from the filth and the fact that she looked about ready to collapse, she didn't seem too worse for the wear. He folded his paper and arched a brow at her, curious. They hadn't heard a single word from her since she'd left. Inside, of course, he was so relieved that he wanted to grab her up and hold her close and never let her leave again... it had entered his mind more than once that perhaps the reason she hadn't written was because Vincent had gotten to her. He'd considered writing her, but had feared that if he did, she'd be found. He'd had no way of knowing if she were tailing Vincent, or if the man had caught on and was after her as well. He hadn't wanted to risk her safety... it'd killed him, but he'd done it. And lied to his wife and daughters and told them Michelle was writing him, and that she was fine. He hadn't known what else to do... he'd worried that eventually, he'd have to tell them the letters stopped, but she was here now. Safe. Alive. And, judging from her appearance, she'd been successful. The former Ravenclaw was almost startled by how calmly he accepted that, accepted the fact that his daughter had killed a man. But, he'd have many months to come to terms with it. Faced with the reality, it barely made a blip on the radar of his consciousness.

spaceHe barely suppressed the urge to groan when she asked about Adalaide. Of course that had been her first question. He'd hoped, upon seeing how ragged she looked, to get her in a bath and then bed before they had to talk about anything, particularly that. He was still struggling to come to terms with the fact that his daughter had moved out and was living with her vampire boyfriend, there was no need to make Michelle deal with the knowledge. The white-haired Slytherin was the only other person in the house who'd reacted with any show of concern to Ada's choice of boyfriend. She would probably not appreciate finding out that while she'd been away, the Hufflepuff had moved in with said boyfriend. But, he had no other choice, it seemed. He sighed and gestured to a chair, clearly intending for her to sit. "Get off your feet, Michelle. Before you fall over." His words were quiet, but the didn't go unnoticed. A brunette head poked out from around the corner to the kitchen. He watched his wife's eyes go wide, her mouth fall open, and then she was running into the living room, arms reaching out. "Michelle! Oh, my God, you're home, thank God! Are you alright? Are you hurt? Hungry? Do you need something to eat, to drink? You look exhausted, I'll draw you a bath-" "Natasha, you'll overwhelm her, just let her have a seat for a moment." Natasha flushed a bit, pulling back, folding her hands in front of her. She was dying to run to the kitchen and get the Slytherin something to drink, to run a bath for her, to run to her room and draw the curtains so she could sleep. She hadn't known she'd be home, she hadn't prepared! Her mind was going a million miles a minute, and all it was saying was Thank God, she's alive.

spaceWhen the pair realized what she'd said, that they could go get Melody, the relief and excitement in them doubled. Jonathan sagged in his chair, recognizing it as confirmation that, yes, Vincent was dead, and they were finally safe. Natasha, meanwhile, barely contained the urge to jump and wrap her arms back around Michelle. Instead, she exclaimed something about the eggs and ran back into the kitchen, busying herself with adding more food to the stove so that there was enough for Michelle. Once she was gone, Jonathan sighed, smiling for what felt like the first time in months. "We'll go tomorrow. I'm sure you need at least that long to catch your breath. And, I, ah, I'll need to show you to your room... you've been moved. Adalaide... moved out. We moved you into her room. So you could have your own bath when you got back. Some privacy." He hoped that, between her exhaustion and the way he'd presented it, she wouldn't worry about the news that Adalaide was no longer living at the cottage... it was a long shot, but he could try.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════

"Jonathan's speech"

"Natasha's speech"

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff