Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:18 pm
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll the broken pieces left unglued
xxx Should never find their way
xxxxxxx into the hands of x( x s o m e o n e x )x like you !

Damian nodded to her, agreeing to keep this a secret as well. Even Gypsy seemed to fall quiet for a few moments before she scampered off the kitchen when she heard something being poured into her metal bowl.

Vincent right himself slowly from bending over, hissing a bit as he reached behind him to rub the back of his ribs. Seeing Belle though, he gave her a fleeting smile then nodded. "Yeah, I guess I don't need an entire pot to myself." He then turned to making breakfast as he pulled out three eggs and a skillet to fry up an egg sandwich for breakfast since he hadn't eaten anything and the pill was starting to hurt his stomach. When he asked about his physical condition, he shrugged to her as he whipped up his eggs in a glass bowl before checking the heat of the pan.

"I'm okay, I'm not feeling stupendous or anything. We'll have to see how long these pills last to determine that. Right now though, I'm still needing pain killers to even walk around on my own so it's still bad. However, I haven't managed to worsen anything, just prolong it," he informed her as he started on his toast then poured his eggs into the hot pan. "I'm doing better, just not as well as I thought I would be.

I'M IN THE DARK...xxxxxxxxxx
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.ARABELLE AY ' DEARUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

……………………………………………………………………

Belle was glad that Damian had agreed to keep his knowledge of just how hard she had been pushing herself to himself. She felt bad asking him to keep secrets, since that wasn't really something that she liked to do or appreciated, but she knew Vince would insist that she rested. Which was ironic considering how much she always would tell him to rest, only followed by him doing the opposite. But she didn't need him worrying about her, and besides, she was fine. Yea, she was exhausted and slipping up on little things like remembering homework for her online class or to clock out at the end of a shift at the hospital, but she was sure it wasn't interfering with her actual health. And even though she absolutely hated secrets, this one little white lie could do nothing but good.

Belle frowned slightly when Vince hissed as he righted himself, reaching behind him to rub his ribs. She hated seeing him in pain, but this was so much better than he had been a couple months ago. At least he was walking around now and seemed less miserable. That was a start. She grinned when he said she could have a cup of coffee, glad he was willing to share. She honestly didn't want much though, a half filled mug would be enough."Thanks." she said gently, watching him and leaning a little more heavily on the counter as she watched him move around the kitchen. While he was focused on making himself eggs, she rested her elbows on the counter, setting her chin in her palms and trying to keep her eyes from drifting shut.

It took her a minute to process what he said, her chin slipping forward in her palms before it slipped out, her body lurching forward a bit as she was snapped back to attention. She blinked heavily, hoping he hadn't seen that - which he shouldn't have since his back had been turned last she'd checked. But he always seemed to catch her at her worst moments, so she could never know for sure. "At least nothing has gotten worse. And honestly, you're doing really well. Most men wouldn't even be able to walk around at this point - pain killers or not." she said, smiling a little a him. She then ran a hand through her hair tiredly, walking over to the coffee pot when it had finished brewing. She poured herself only half a mug full, leaving the rest for him as she returned to her spot around the counter. "How many pain killers are you taking each day?" she asked, sipping on the black coffee she had in front of her.

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:54 pm

He flipped his egg patty when she started pouring herself some coffee. Hearing that she only poured a half a cup of coffee, he frowned a bit. He looked back at her when she started drifting off. He let out a heavy sigh and moved to get butter for his toast when it popped up. When she started talking again, he glanced back at her before buttering his bread. He nodded to her when she complimented him, smiling at her for it. "That's very sweet of you to say," he thanked, trying not to make him sound like his pride had swelled nearly as much as it had from just that statement. Hearing the second question though, he shrugged.

"About four. Two in the morning when I get up, two before I go to bed so I can sleep through the night. I took one this morning, I'll see how it holds hen I get to noon," he told her before he filled her cup all the way before she could take another drink. He said nothing over it before pouring himself one, drinking it black as well. He covered his egg to let it cook before leaning back against the counter, drinking with her while Gypsy filled the silence with her food scarfing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.ARABELLE AY ' DEARUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Belle focused on Vince making breakfast to keep herself tuned into something. Focusing on his movements as he made his way around the kitchen was all she could do to keep herself from drifting off again. Standing still like this was killer. She normally was fine if she was moving around and going from one place to the next, but just standing here and watching Vince made it harder to stay awake. She hadn't sat down for that same reason, she was sure to drift off if she sat. When he thanked her for her compliment, she shrugged her shoulders, smiling back at him. "It's just the truth." she responded, grinning a little more. Even though he definitely deserved to be praised and complimented for his recovery, she was impressed medically as well. She'd never seen a man recover so quickly, especially while he was working out on top of trying to recover.

She nodded when he told her how many pain killers he was taking, honestly expecting the answer to be a bit higher. She was surprised that was all he needed, but then again, it was obvious he was still feeling pain. When he poured her extra coffee, she just raised an eye at him, but ending up nodding to him in thanks. "Alright, that's not bad at all. How about the bruising on your ribs? Still sensitive to the touch?" she asked next, taking another sip of her coffee as her eyes drifted from his face down to his ribs. The discoloration that used to make his entire upper body look black and blue had been fading over the past few months, but she knew he was still sensitive to the touch from examining his wounds. She rubbed at her eyes a little bit, not worried about smudging her make-up, since she didn't wear anything but that under eye concealer now a days.

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:04 pm

He dumped his egg onto his ready made sandwich. He covered the sandwich with the other piece of bread and picked it up in his hands. He hopped up on the counter, relying mostly on his one leg. He shifted slightly before getting comfortable fully. He drank deeply from his coffee then nodded at her question. "Extremely. It doesn't hurt as badly in motion as it does in contact. I'm trying to get it back with some yoga, but it can only help out my muscles, not my bones," he explained softly, drinking his coffee with one hand and eating his sandwich in the other.

"I wish I was better though. I want to start properly training again, but I can't. My side even being touched hurts, I can't imagine it getting kicked," he confessed. He gave her a light shrug and got to work on his sandwich within a few bites."You are driving me crazier still... You spend so much time on me when I sleep, giving up yours."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Belle watched as Vince dumped his egg between two slices of bread, wishing she had something more to eat than a granola bar this morning. But between getting up early to catch up on classwork, going for a run, showering and getting ready, as well as making sure she got here on time, she hadn't had time to sit down and eat. She wasn't hungry though, just wishing for time for a better meal. When Vince hopped up on the counter beside her, she turned her body slightly to face him without even thinking about it. She watched him over the rim of her mug of coffee as she took another sip, listening to what he had to say about how his ribs were feeling. She was glad to hear that it didn't hurt as much with simple motions because as far as she knew, he wasn't experiencing any major contact that would make it worse. "Unfortunately healing bones just takes time. But at least it's not as bad with motion anymore." she said gently, taking another sip of her coffee.

She frowned slightly when he mentioned wishing he could train more and that he was better. She knew how restless he had been feeling and she had hoped that those feelings were starting to go away the more he regained movement. She realized then that she should've known better. He wanted to get back into fighting and training like he had been before, but he couldn't and she knew that had to annoy him. "Like I said, you've made a lot of progress. It'll continue to get better, you just have to be patient." she reminded him. He wasn't the most patient man she had ever met, so she made a point to remind him every once in a while. What he said next however made her freeze with the coffee cup at her lips, just staring at him unblinking. Snapping out of it, she swallowed the gulp of coffee in her mouth, shaking her head at him. "No, I'm fine. I'm getting enough sleep, you don't need to worry." she said firmly, setting her coffee mug down on the counter and down casting her eyes. She stifled the yawn that threatened to escape her lips before looking back up at him again, knowing she was doing no good at all convincing him that she wasn't as exhausted as she looked.

Instead of trying to convince him otherwise, she opted to change the subject. "Anyway, um, what about your other injuries? Do you want me to wrap your ribs or anything today?" she questioned, sipping at her coffee again and avoiding his gaze.

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Vincent finished up his food within a few more gulps, finding himself far more hungry once he had actually started eating. He hopped off the counter though and walked over to Belle wen she avoided his gaze. He leaned forward on the counter that rested between them and sat only a few inches from her face, making sure she couldn't avoid his gaze anymore. "I'm not going to tell you anything until you get some sleep. I'm up and walking, focus on that as being a victory. You're turning into a zombie though. You need to sleep," he told her in an extremely soft voice. He gave her a gentle smile as he held her gaze with his vibrant green eyes.

"I'm well enough that I can threaten to carry you upstairs and into bed. After that, anyone can turn a lock and make you stay in there," he told her, his mischievous side coming out more as he pulled away slightly so he was rested more on the edge of the counter while he drank deeply from his coffee cup. He poured himself a second cup and started on it shortly after. He thought about it for a second then swirled his coffee around in his cup and added, "Take a nap for the hour or two you are to be here with me, or call off work tonight at the hospital. Don't think I don't have the resources to know if you lie to me over it."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:37 pm

When Belle looked back up at Vince again, she was met with enchanting green eyes that rested only inches from her face. She swallowed the gulp of hot coffee in her mouth and didn't let her gaze falter from his, even though she could've looked away if she really wanted to. His eyes were captivating though and they held her attention while he scolded her for not getting enough sleep, reminding her she needed more. Her lip stuck out in a pout when he called her a zombie however, shaking her head at him. "I am not a zombie. I haven't been late once coming here or work. And I keep up with my classwork, and my runs!" she protested, most of what she was saying being extremely true. The classwork had been slipping a bit and her work outs seemed a bit more lethargic, but technically she was keeping up with everything. Just not to same caliber as usual.

When he moved on to threatening to carry her upstairs and lock her away to sleep, a mischievous grin of her own flashed across her lips, mirroring his own. Flipping her hair dramatically in a show of false superiority, she grinned wildly at him before saying "You can only do that if you can catch me. And I may be a little tired, and you may be healed, but I'm still faster." She laughed a little bit at this, imagining Vince trying to catch her to put her in bed and Gypsy chasing after the two like it was some big game. She honestly didn't think that Vince would follow through with this threat however. It was actually her job to be here and help him, so she had to do her job. Plus, he knew how much she needed the extra money to help pay for her college classes, so sending her off to go sleep wouldn't be productive for either of them.

She watched him as he moved to get himself another cup of coffee, still sipping on her first. What he said next though made her set the coffee cup down, putting her hands on her hips in a scolding sort of way. "Vince, I'm fine, really. I can't call of work because the hospital has been swamped lately. And I need as many shifts as I can get to make ends meet. And I'm not sleeping on the job here either, you're still recovering and I'm here to make sure that process goes as smoothly as possible. Not to sleep." she protested, dropping her hands from her hips once she finished. She leaned against the counter again then, her body tilted forward to watch for his reaction with her soft blue eyes. She didn't want to argue with him about this, but she was stubborn and she wasn't going to listen either. She was convinced that she was fine and that everything was fine. She didn't need more sleep, she just needed to keep working.

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Out of frustration, he ran his fingers through his hair, growling a little bit. With his head in his hand, he looked at her again, searching her eyes. He knew she believed in what she said, no mater what her body showed. However, as attached to her as he had grown over the past few months, there was no way he was going to let her continue to run herself into the ground. "Please, Belle? You're making me nervous that something's going to happen to you. If it's the hours you need for money, I can help and raise how much you're getting paid here. If it's your own pride, please just let it go for an afternoon. I don't want you ending up sick. You can't help anyone - not even yourself - if you are laid up with a fever because you pushed to hard. I can only do so much for you when you're like that," he tried to reason.

Though it was true that the duo had been growing a lot closer the more time he spent laid up "in bed", their roles hadn't changed much past moving from solely business partners to friends. Vincent had progressed a lot further emotionally with her though. While he never told her anything that lead to how he actually felt, he couldn't keep it all to himself. Occasionally that side would slip though as it was right then. It was bad enough that he was struggling not to progress any further than just standing around having coffee, standing in such close proximity, and knowing he couldn't have what he wanted. Unfortunately, this just wasn't something he could buy.

"Hell, if you wanted, I could rent out a room for you upstairs. This place is big enough that I don't use all of it - even half of it. It would be easier on gas for you so you didn't have to drive here every day, Damian would like to have you stay, and you can help tire the bundle of fur over there. If you needed time away from me, this place is big enough that we could never cross paths all day. I'm offering this to you as one friend to another, not anything more than that. I promise," he tried to assure her. What he said wasn't entirely true as he wanted a lot more than friendship with her, but the truth being that friendship motivated this was true.

"At least think about it. If you promise to do that - and do it seriously - I'll continue asking your morning questions."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Belle watched as Vince ran his hands through his hair, a low growl emitting from his throat. She knew he was frustrated with her, but she wasn't about to back down because of it. Although she did work for him, they stood as equals at this point in their relationship and she wouldn't be bending over to his every wish. She leaned over her elbows over the counter, face resting in her palms again as she watched Vince's expression change. His tone when he spoke again was softer, reasoning with her more than using absent threats to get her to do as he wished. She knew he was just looking out for her and didn't want to see her run down, but she refused to accept that she had gotten to that point. To that point that meant she needed someone else to look out for her instead of her looking out for them. She didn't like to be the one who needed help.

She chewed her lip when he mentioned raising her pay, shaking her head slightly against her hands at the suggestion. She already almost felt weird about taking his money, considering how close they had grown over the past few months. If she didn't honestly need the pay to juggle her bills, she would've refused further pay by now. Vince was a friend - though she did wish he could be something more - and she hated to take money from him when she didn't mind helping. She wanted to see him get better. "Nothing's going to happen to me, Vince." she reassured him quietly, her soft eyes locking with his intense green eyes. She held his gaze almost uncomfortably too long, not wanting to look away from the eyes that captivated her so fully. When she finally did, she shifted her position on the counter so she wouldn't get sleepy. "And I'll be okay money wise, there's no need for you to raise my pay. Though I appreciate the sentiment. As far as my pride - you should know how hard it is to let that go." she said, grinning at him a little and trying to lighten the serious mood that had settled over the two. She was the one who was supposed to fuss over him and be concerned. Now that the tables were turned, she wondered if this was how he felt whenever she expressed concerns over his wounds.

What he said next caught her a bit off guard and caused the coffee she had been drinking to catch in her throat. She swallowed hard, taking a deep breath to regain control of her breathing. Her movements weren't frantic or too abnormal, so she doubted he would notice the hitch he caused in her movements with his words. He had just suggested that she move in with him, in so many words. She listened intently as he continued to explain his suggestion, finally taking the last sip of her coffee and setting the mug down. The caffeine had left her with more of a jittery feeling than anything, but she assumed that was probably due to the lack of a proper meal in her system. She didn't respond immediately when he finishing speaking, chewing her lip almost nervously. Part of her wanted to jump at this opportunity. It would give her an excuse to be around him more often, which was something she definitely wanted. But it would also mean moving out of the apartment she had worked so hard to obtain relinquishing a bit of her independence.

She only allowed his words to hang in silence for a few long moments before she finally opened her mouth to speak. "That's a very generous offer, Vince. And I do promise to think about it. You do offer some compelling points.. it might really be a good option." she mused, still a bit conflicted though something in her tugged at her to just say yes right then and there. She couldn't do that though, she had to be rational about this and think it through. It was definitely a good option and to be honest, being alone in that apartment at night wasn't always her favorite thing. And it wasn't like she ever had friends over anymore, she was too busy for that. She could still meet up with her running group from time to time, the drive from here to the hospital was actually shorter from her apartment to the hospital, and she could save money. Then she wouldn't have to work as much. "As long as you're sure Damian would be okay with it that is. I wouldn't want to impose. But regardless, I do promise that I'll give it some real thought." she restated, smiling gently at him genuinely. She stuck her hand out to shake on it, the soft smile transforming a grin that played across her lips, a spark in her blue eyes. She felt a bit like she was winning this mini argument, at least about the whole sleeping thing. Even if Vincent had given her a whole new problem to think on.

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Vincent nodded in agreement to what she said and drank down the last of his cup and poured himself another one. "Fair enough of an agreement," he agreed before taking a deep drink. When he was finished, he rolled his shoulder a little bit, feeling it to be still stiff, but doing a little better. "Since you answered my request, I'll answer yours. My shoulder is still a bit messed up as it's pretty week compared to my other and it's really tender. I can't do push ups the way I'm use to doing them anymore. It hurts to do anything else. My knees are better, but they are still putting up quite a fuss, especially my left one. I can get around on my own all day, but by the evening I need a crutch to walk. That's usually when I go to bed."

He drank the rest of his cup then traded out his coffee for milk from the fridge and an apple, his hunger pretty hard to satisfy that morning. Then again, he was working on a pre-"workout". That night he was planning to do something he hadn't done in two months. He was extremely nervous, but it had to be done. No two ways around it. He had to get back on the streets and hopefully it wouldn't end with him getting the s**t kicked out of him again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Belle grinned when Vincent nodded to her, glad that he wasn't going to push any further about this whole exhaustion issue. It wasn't really an issue anyway. She nodded a bit herself when he acknowledged that it was a fair enough agreement, thinking the same herself. The fact that he had asked her to move in with him still floated around in her head, resurfacing at the forefront of her thoughts no matter how much she tried to ignore it. She really just wanted to tell him that she would move in, but she had to wait. She also wanted to talk to Damian about it first and ensure that he was okay with it. She didn't want to intrude on their way of life just because Vince was offering her an option that would be hard to refuse. She couldn't even tell if Vince was offering simply to be nice and helpful, or if he actually wanted her living under the same roof.

She was dragged from her thoughts again when Vince started speaking, and her blue eyes met his green ones as she listened. As he explained which parts of his body were hurting in specific ways, her eyes drifted to those body parts, as if she could see the injuries without even needing to look. She nodded to herself as he spoke, not much of what he was saying coming as a surprise to her. She knew he probably hated having to answer the same questions every morning, but considering that he was working out now and wasn't on bed rest, things could easily change. Either for better or worse.

She pursed her lips and rested her chin on her palm once more as she thought of how to respond. She didn't feel the need to remind him of the same things she did at least once a week, so she instead settled on watching him move about the kitchen, getting himself more food. A smile played across her lips at just how much he could eat, it was amusing. "Alright, sounds like not much of a change. Just keep up with what I've been telling you, you're getting close to being able to move around without having to deal with so much pain. Maybe another month or two." she said gently, almost cringing herself at the idea that he wouldn't be fully healed for a while still. She knew that probably wasn't what he wanted to hear, but he did need to hear it. Glancing at the clock above them, a moment of shock passed over her face before she stood up straighter, alert now. "I have to go to work - other work - hospital work." she announced, running a frantic hand through her curling blonde locks. "Text me if you need anything, ok?" she said calmly, walking over to him and giving him a light hug before she turned on her heels, heading back out to her car to go to work.

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:41 pm

"Yeah, I promise to keep in touch," he assured her as he hugged her back a little more firmly. He watched her leave as he finished his coffee and then got ready for that night.

Despite all the coffee Vincent drank, it only kept him awake for a few hours after Belle left. After getting some company paper work done that he'd been neglecting, he crashed back in bed with Gypsy curled up at his side after losing interest with her toys. He slept for a solid eight hours before his alarm clock went off, awaking him to the fact that the night had finally fallen and that the test run was about to start.

Though last time ended badly for him, he had no pregame jitters this time. He rolled out of bed and took twice as much as he was use to taking, just to make sure that he didn't have a severe crash while out in the field. The whole time he was getting ready though, Damian kept pleading with him to wait another month. When Vincent wouldn't listen to that, he changed tactics to asking that the master not take extra painkillers - even more on the fact that he shouldn't go if he needed the narcotics to fight. He was constantly shrugged of though as the young man made his way to the armory and eventually started grabbing gear.

While the argument had been quite passive at the beginning, Damian became far more demanding as he watched as the other still was struggling to get all the armor on. Since his range of motion were still small and weak, the man feared what could happen if he got into a fight with someone that couldn't be persuaded down with a few solid hits.

"Damian, could you please tighten this? I can reach the strap well enough and I need this to protect my ribs," he said softly as he fought with the straps under his previously separated shoulder.

"I'm sorry young master, but I cannot. If you go out there tonight, there's a good chance that you could get killed. I will not be apart of it."

Vincent shot the man a death glare. "I'm going either way, Damian. You can either help me get this strapped on so my ribs can't be broken into my lungs or you can leave the mansion for the night. Your call."

"But sir - "

"LATCH IT TO MY GODDAMN RIBS!"

Vincent breathed heavily from the small outcry but his expression didn't falter. "Damian. I need to do this. You trained me to do this to take up what Dad couldn't. This has become a lot more to me than just a must. Please do this, I can't stay another night in here while they pillage my home."

Damian gave the young man a hard look as he studied him. He knew that this had become close to an addiction for the young man. It also had become a coping mechanism. He'd learned about what happened back in Cali and the darker parts of Vincent's life when he came to the mansion. The butler was well aware that if he hadn't summoned him, he might have died by his own hands before he would have found someone on his own. Though he knew all of this, he feared if the fed this monster too much, he would create an entirely new shadow to poison Vincent's heart. But, he caved.

Vincent let out a sigh of relief as the man came to his side and started tightening the laces on the brace. The man snarled as they were cinched so tightly he almost couldn't breathe, but it was what he opted for to make sure that they wouldn't be damaged any further. He repeated the process as he changed up one of the knee pads to compensate a brace as well to support his still damaged knee. None of it stuck out though once he had all his gear on. With it all on, he looked solid as if he had never been injured.

"Don't worry about this, you can see everything through my helmet, remember?" he assured the older man as he traded a firm arm clasp before he headed out. The man had a pep in his step as he jumped onto his bike with his weapons at his side. He tore out of the secret entrance and into the night.

Damian stared at where the man had previously been with anxiety filling his chest. "Watching didn't help me to save Nicholas' life..."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:32 pm

Belle smiled at Vince's comment about keeping in touch, his tighter hug leaving a warm feeling with her. Though she knew that they're hugs were nothing more than friendly, she sometimes longed for more. And as she walked out that day, exhausted and left with her head spinning with thoughts, she wanted nothing but for it to be something more. Sighing gently to herself, she paused at the large doors to his mansion for only a moment before she let herself out, trying not to dwell on it. His scent hung with her however even as she made her way to her car and drove off. She could only hope at this point that she'd be able to focus more once she got to work. With the offer to move in, Vince's long recovery process, and every little touch that made her wish things were different, it was going to take a lot of effort to ensure that she kept her mind clear and focused on the tasks at hand. Especially with her exhaustion weighing over her so heavily.

Her concerns about not being able to do her job properly were met with opposition once she reached the hospital. Things had been so chaotic lately that every day she walked in, she had to immediately start working. The streets had become more dangerous since the famous vigilante seemed to be taking a break and that meant more people for her to help. Thankfully for her, the chaos actually brought her clarity. With everything that was going on, she didn't have room for her own worries, but only for those of the people that needed her to be present right here and now. And thankfully she was quite capable of doing that.

The next eight hours flew by in a blur of tears, blood, and pain filled cries from the people who came filing into the E.R. The chaos should've phased her more than it did, but she was so accustomed to dealing with the injured and calming them that the gravity of what had happened tended to not get to her as much as it should. One particular case hit her hard though, it was a kid. A kid that reminded her of the story Vincent had told her. He looked to be in his teens, so he wasn't exceptionally young, but he had gotten in a fight out on the streets. A fight with gang members that wanted money out of him. And he wasn't willing to pay up, he had to protect his family. Though the story wasn't anywhere near the same situation, it reminded her of the pain he had been through, and she was forced to step out for a while and regain control of her breathing. It was things that reminded her of her personal life that made this job hard. People that reminded her of Vince, or of her mother and how she had lost her. It was hard to compartmentalize and stash away those feelings.

She was interrupted by her thoughts when two of the younger doctors that worked for the hospital came in, laughing about something. The pair were notorious for being rude around the nurses in the hospital and always trying to cop a feel, or worse. Not wanting to deal with their antics today, Belle pulled herself together and tried to brush past them without catching their attention. The taller one, with sandy blonde hair and a smile that captivated, grabbed Belle's arm a little less than gently, stopping her in her tracks. "Hey Belle, what's bothering you babe? Anything I can do to ease the pain?" he cooed, his honey laden voice playing off his lips in a sinister sort of way. She knew that despite his reputation, Andrew wasn't one to often be denied. Belle however was less than impressed. "I'm fine, Andrew. You can let go of me now." she said calmly, shaking her arm from his grip firmly and turning on her heels. She knew she irritated him by turning him down and although his friend just laughed, she heard Andrew call out something that sounded like a threat behind her back. She knew better than to stop to listen, so she left the break room and went back to her work, doing her best to immerse herself in it. The last thing she needed today were jerks thinking that they could touch her just because they wanted to.

Once her shift was finally over, Belle made her way out to her car in the parking lot. She was tired and wanted nothing more than to get home, but as soon as she sat down in the seat of her car, she realized just how exhausted she was, and just how much she shouldn't be driving. Sighing heavily, she pulled out her cell and dialed the number for a taxi, asking them to pick her up at the hospital. Unfortunately, she barely had any cash on her and knew that the driver wouldn't be able to take her the full way. A ten minute walk was better than a half hour one though. So she waited for the taxi and climbed in when it got there, explaining her situation to the cab driver. Unfortunately, he wasn't really of the nicest demeanor, and explained angrily that he'd only take her as far as the cash payed for. So twenty minutes later she was deposited on the curb, handing over the little cash she had to the greedy man.

She knew very well that walking these streets alone at night wasn't safe, but she didn't really have anyone to call. Other than Vincent, but she wasn't about to wake him. He needed his sleep. Plus, she was a tough girl, she could handle one night walking home. Only a few minutes into the walk though, it was made exceptionally clear that she couldn't. Passing a dark alley, Belle's footsteps moved fast, but not fast enough as a man materialized from the shadows, a wicked grin playing across his face. Andrew. "Andrew, wh-" she started, only to be met with his hand clamping over her mouth, keeping her scream muffled as he pulled her into the alley with him. Slamming her up against a wall once they were safely back into the alley, he pinned her, his sweet and sadistic voice ringing out clearly in the empty alley. "No one turns me down, sweetheart. I get whatever piece of a** I want. And you're no exception." he whispered, his warm breath bated against her ear as he held her still. "Filthy b*****d, get the hell off of me!" she screamed, spitting in his face. Angry now, the man shoved her harder against the wall, his body pressed up against her's in such a forceful way that she couldn't move. She was strong, but he was stronger. His lips then crashed up against her own and his hand torn at the buttons on her shirt, exposing her bare skin and the bra underneath. If things kept up this way, Andrew was going to have his way with her whether she wanted him to or not - and there wasn't much she could do about it.

VVanderIust
Vice Captain

Partying Elder

Unbreakable Justice
Captain

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Ryder tore into the city streets, a cheerful expression on his face as his lust to fight would finally be filled. In no time he found people to fight and he did what he was trained to do. With even more bravado and fearlessness than the first time, he tore into the nighttime villains. And he loved it.

Every time he broke up a fight, it made him shutter with pleasure. It felt so good to finally stretch unused muscles. A few times Damian had to calm him back down though as he started getting too far into. The fact that Vincent had been fighting since he could walk made it hard for the butler to keep him dialed back for long before he had to remind him what he was doing. While he never killed anyone, he made sure a few wouldn't be walking off.

Within a few hours, the activity died down. Neither the hunter or the scout knew why, but there just wasn't much going on. Since he was bored, Vincent ended up heading over to the hospital. Damian chided him for stalking his nurse, but he didn't care very much what he thought. Something felt off when she left and he had never been one to turn down his anxiety. It had been with him for long enough that he knew when he was just being over anxious. This wasn't him being over anxious. Something was going on and he wanted to find out what. If he was right - as he was sure that he was - it was possible he could stop something bad from happening.

Vincent turned his bike off as he walked it between his legs, stopping at the far end of the parking lot. When he stopped though, he checked the clock and noticed that it was past when Belle was suppose to get off, yet her car was still there. Panic immediately had him.

"Where the hell is she, Damain?!"

Damian let out a drawn out sigh and started looking up her phone GPS, but he shook his head at his anxiety. "Probably grabbed a taxi, Master Hughes, there's no reason to panic." He clicked on his computer for a while then let out a content snort of satisfaction. "She's about three blocks from her home, Vince. Just as I assured you, she making her way home on foot. She's fine."

"Give me the damn coordinates! Now!" He ordered as he revved his bike to life. The moment his visor was displaying the directions to her, he gunned it. He tore through the streets with little regard for himself or those around him as he slid between cars and people alike. He couldn't get there fast enough. Upon making it there, he couldn't get off his bike fast enough.

With his bike teetering carelessly on the quickly thrown down support, Vincent leapt off it and tore off into the alley way. While he had only seen silhouettes from the street, when he got closer, there was no confusion as to what was happening. "GET THE ******** OFF OF HER!"

That was all the warning Andrew had before Ryder threw his whole weight into the man and the two crashed into the ground. He was the first up and straddled the man to start going after his face with only his gloved hands. With the metal supports in them though, they tore into his face quickly, drawing blood within seconds. Blind with rage, the vigilante didn't see the attack from the medic as he threw his fist straight into his still bruised ribs. Vincent dropped to his side within seconds, gasping for air with every breath being choked out by his own cries of pain.

"Recent broken ribs, huh? You shouldn't be so eager to fight a EMT, Ryder. We know what's wrong without you telling us," Andrew laughed before he threw his weight into a kick that possibly rebroke ribs despite the brace. If the first kick didn't do it, the second certainly did. And the third. "You shouldn't have interrupted me, runt. Now she's going to get it even rougher than I was already planning. Hey, you give me an idea! How 'bout some leather, babe?" he suggested back at Belle.

The moment he did though, Ryder snarled under his helmet and drove his heel straight into the inside of the man's knee. The noise Andrew made couldn't be compared to a scream as it game out far more feral and animalistic. He let nauseating cries echo off the wall as he grabbed at his severed tendons while Ryder stood up. "You shouldn't ******** with men dressed in black, dickhead. I wasn't allowed on the police force for a reason."

"Ohhh, a little girlfriend? You took that awfully personally," Andrew added, trying to laugh at Ryder as he stood with a hand over his ribcage. While both men were damaged, the EMT still was getting up and seemed to think he still had a chance. "How 'bout I beat the s**t out of you and then make you watch me ******** her. Does that not give you the most raging boner in the world?"

Vincent gave a sick grin under the mask. He knelt down next to the EMT as he looked at Belle then looked back at him, seeming to fix his collar. "You're right," he said with a sick sounding voice that made Andrew look back over at Belle. "It makes me have such a hard on over the idea of how much I'm going to bash your face in. After I'm done with you, you won't look human anymore. You're ID isn't going to be coming from your face or your dental records... Doesn't that give you a raging boner?"

Andrew's face when ghost white as Ryder reached to his back and tore one of the batons off of its holster. He knelt down on his unbusted knee and drove the metal rod straight into the man's face. He made no sounds of strain or anger as he proceeded to beat the screaming man. Eventually he ditched his baton and moved back to his hands, straddling him and tearing into him like the first time. Even when the man's teeth were bashed in and his skull was broken, Vincent continued in his silent rampage.

Damian screamed in his ear to stop. Over and over again he ordered him to stop as his face turned to mush against Vincent's fists. He watched his master tear through the glove and cut his hand open on Andrew's jagged teeth. If he hadn't had the supports installed, he would have shattered his hand from how hard he was hitting the man. And Damian couldn't do a damn thing to stop him. Only when Ryder stopped to draw his gun, the butler had a chance to get into his head. "Vincent! Stop this right now! You're going to scare Belle to death! Get her taken care of, he is finished!"

The onslaught stopped as Vincent put the gun away, his heavy breathing echoing in his helmet as he shook. He looked over at Belle and slowly stood, his knee and ribs causing enough of a fuss that he was limping. He pulled into his coat and drew a wad of twenties and forced them into her hand. "Get home, now. Here's money for a taxi so get your a** back in one and inside. I can't stay out here and look out for you all night," he told her in a voice gentle, alien to the man who had nearly beaten an EMT to death, but it was still raw. He gave one glance back at Andrew as the man choked on his own blood. "Call an ambulance," he ordered Damian into his helmet as he ran to straddle his bike.

He drove straight back to the mansion as he battled shock. His mind couldn't comprehend what his body had done without thinking. Sure he had gone after people before - he had been in a gang for years prior - but this was different. He had never felt sure a pure, white rage fuel him to the point of almost beating someone to death.

When he got back to the armory, he jumped off his bike and started throwing his things through the room. He tore things apart constantly, punching the wall several times in his attempts to trash the space in his blind anger. However, as Damian grabbed his shoulder, he turned his anger on him. The German side stepped him and pinned him down on the table with the threat of dislocating his shoulder. While it took several minutes of him being unable to move, Vincent calmed down and broke down into tears.

As his master sobbed, Damian slowly released him and helped him to stand up right. He said nothing to the man as he refocused his hazy mind to walking and eventually laying down in his bed. He watched with anxiety as Vincent passed out. He had never seen him get that bad since he had come to the mansion and had been attacked. He thought with their training he had started to work the violence out of the beast. However, it appeared now that the bloodlust had never left him. It had just been hibernating. He was going to have to start focusing on getting Vincent to stay in control as much as defend himself. If he got out of hand with the skill level that his father had been at, a lot of people would die.

He turned his back on the seemingly innocent man as he slept. He allowed Gypsy to run in the room with him and curl up against his bare torso, the two seeking each other's comfort out. He gave a sad smile and locked the door behind him.

Action

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff