Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Kanto Competition Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:11 pm
Ray grinned, tilting her head to glance down at the women crouching next to her. "Oh yeah? well you just wait for tomorrow, That's when the real battles start, This was just a one on one."
She advised excitedly,
Ray Dove and Yuri had been the only three in the group that had not entered the battle.
"But this was a good opportunity to see what the different trainers are capable of, I saw some pretty interesting things. I wonder if Sera was paying attention too." She pondered, arching an eyebrow "She better have,"  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:24 pm
Dove smiled, then walked a few feet to toss away the little ice cream cup--much to Lovey's chagrin-- before returning to Ray's side and replying. "I'm excited to see what happens. I want to try to pick out people's strategies before they happen."
At the mention of Seraphine, Dove only smiled and nodded a little. "I'm sure she was..." was all she offered, afraid to give more.

Lovey, meanwhile wined softly in the girl's arms, her ears sinking when she was only responded to with a soft shushing, and a confused, but scolding look. With a little, tired huff, the eevee sat her head on her trainer's shoulder and looked across the grounds instead, as if absently searching for something.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:36 pm
Ray chuckled and held a hand up to thump it on Dove's back.
"Well now! That's ambitious! Go for it! The more you practice the better ya get, though it helps to actually know the strategies of pokemon training before you can recognize them." Being able to preform and practiced more subtle strategy with pokemon was a challenge enough, it was one of the more advanced ways of battle a League team could do, and generally only came after years of study and learning with one team.
But being able to recognize the strategy of a team you did not know, well, that was when it got pretty advanced. "We'll make a game of it," A competitive smirk spread wildly over Ray's lips, eying the girl with boisterous glee.
"Just the other month you were pretty lost, look at you here now talking about strategy, Damn"

Ray bust out with a laugh when Dove commented on Sera paying attention "Oh boy I hope you're right, but you know, sometimes some things are a bit too much to hope for." she continued with a chuckle.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:50 pm
Dove nearly winced--and Lovey jumped-- as the woman's hand thudded against her back, but she laughed a little at what Ray had to say. "I'll look forward to it," she smiled brightly, though she felt a bit awkward. Ray had experience. Strategy had always been a part of her lifestyle and career, but Pokemon battles where another realm entirely. She knew it wouldn't be half as easy to her, but it seemed like it would be worth the try. Surely she would at least be able to catch the basics, if nothing else. And it would be fun, if only to see Ray's reactions to things....and she was sure she could learn from it.

At Ray's smirk and comment, she blushed deeply, a somewhat nervous laugh escaping. "Yeah, well... We've been working hard." Lovey wiggled in her arms, barking once to agree with her trainer, then set her paws on Dove's shoulders to look around yet again. "We had to do something, and we had plenty of free time so..."

The conversation about Sera just went without reply other than a noncommittal shrug. To agree with Ray would only put her in further heat with the other girl, and Dove certainly didn't want another round.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:53 pm
Somehow, passing the preliminary round only served to make Luke feel kind of nervous about the whole thing. He didn't want to half-a** it, but knowing that he probably wouldn't make it that far in, he kind of wondered if it wouldn't have been easier to just fail out in the beginning. …Well, that wasn't really the point, though. He'd just have to shift his perspective; rather than winning, a more fulfilling objective was to strive to improve in battle. That had been his overreaching goal for a while, after all.

Luke moved with the general direction of the trainers as they exited the area, though he cut across to the small assembly when he realized he has spotted familiar faces, lifting a hand slightly.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:10 pm
Ray shrugged a shoulder, seeing no harm in that. Though she suspected that it was like any other League registered trainer, they were training under league rules. Its the only way they ever knew how.

She continued to smile, watching as the crowd passed before she spotted one of the, Luke, walking over and holding his hand up.
"Heeey! Onto round one! Good job!" She called to him, walking over and holding her hand up for a high five "I saw you're battle, not bad."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:12 pm
Gummy and Henrietta stood to battle, thankfully, a boy a little older than her and his Geodude.
The type advantage, had, in all likelihood, been the deciding factor in the end, though Henrietta would likely have cheered Gummy on and told him they'd win if they'd have been facing Zapdos itself.
Though the battle had, to be honest, taken a little longer than a water type should need to deal with a rock type, Gummy had emerged victorious, to Henrietta's delight and self-assured satisfaction.
She, of course, decided there was no luck involved; Gummy had won because Gummy was a strong fighter and they were a good team. She told him so before they left and made for the door.

The happy grin on her face- and perhaps, or perhaps imagined, slight 'bounce' in Gummy's waddle- would likely immediately give away the outcome, if not the loud comments regarding Gummy's strength.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 pm
Rosie and Kiss had made it through their first battle, and even though she knew it was just the Perliminaries, the blond could not help but be excited to see how the real battles would go the following day. Kiss had done EXCELLENT Just as Rosie and her had been training for.

Rosie had not been able to watch Faleen's battle, but she was told by her sister that she had won as well, meaning that she would go through as well.

The bright blond and her Raichu moved through the group, until they found some of the faces they had been looking for.
Rosie hurried over, stopping just next to Luke. "I saw you win!"
"Rai Rai chu!" Kiss chimed in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The much more reserved Faleen however, strode after her sister, drawing up next to Rosie's other side as her eyes fell onto the tall gray haired women Luke and this Dove girl had been talking to.

Faleen had no idea who this women was, and she might have dismissed her presence, but something on the women's person caught Faleen's attention, and she found herself recognizing the very obvious dark ball that was strapped to the women's Jacket, along with another pokeball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ray greeted the dark blond with a wide calm grin. This one's battle had been observed as well, and Ray had noticed some pretty interesting things about her battle style with her Banette.
Though now she noticed the hazel eyes seemed to be noticing one of the pokeballs that was on Ray's jacket strap.

Ray grinned wide "Yeah yeah I'm just a lazy trainer, didn't feel like competeing this time." She waved a hand,
Though as she spotted someone Ray called out again, waving both arms up and causing the Zubat on her arm to flutter off with an indignant shrike.
"Henrietta!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:22 pm
Dove turned her attention back to the crowd at Ray's shrug, instead turning her attention to Luke as he approached. With a bright smile, she returned his wave, but held her words as Rosie approached as well and spoke up first instead. She tucked her hair back, waiting quietly for the girl to finish, then added, "Yeah, you were awesome." She looked between them both, including Rosie this time. "Both of you were really great! I'm excited to see it again tomorrow!"

The loud chatter coming from the rest of the crowd drew her attention after that, one voice in particular standing out. With a soft laugh, she raised a hand to wave to the girl. "Henrietta! Great job!" The girl had definitely been a pleasure to watch, and though the battle had taken a bit longer than she had expected, it made her heart glow to see the girl win.

Lovey huffed again, apparently unable to find what she was looking for, then turned around to settle for greeting the other trainers as well with a wag of her tail and a chipper bark.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:35 pm
"Hey! Thanks! We won!" were Henrietta's first words to Ray and Dove as she turned to where she heard her name being called. "Oh man! People were really strong!" She cast a glance at some of the people, in fact, who were here too, who had been in there. "But Gummy wasn't intimidated or anything! It was awesome! We had a strong opponent but Gummy was just much stronger!" The girl grinned, not bothering to check her volume. "I knew he would be! We're totally gonna win this!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:52 pm
Luke was unable to match Ray's level of enthusiasm - though there probably wasn't anyway who could match that level of enthusiasm besides Henrietta - but he responded appropriately to the high-five nonetheless, offering a modest word of thanks to her and Dove. He looked to Rosie as she appeared beside him, his smile warming slightly, "You too." Not that that was at all surprising; if any of them were going to win in any given round, Rosie definitely had the dedication for it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 pm
Rosie bunched her shoulders for a second before letting them drop, grinning excitedly "Thanks~"
Kiss Kiss placed her paws on her heart shaped cheeks and smile.

The girl Rosie had met that day, though someone that a few others in the group already knew had joined them again, Rosie smiled at her energy and excitement.
"So it looks like we all made it, that's great. I wonder if any of us are going to battle each other tomorrow." she considered, tilting her head.

At that Ray raised her voice "Who know, but if you do, none of you slack off just becasue you are friends!"

Rosie giggled, folding her hands behind her back "Well, I think once we find Sera we should go find someplace to sit down and eat. I think we have a time before we need to get ready for tomorrow's rounds~ what does everyone thing?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:15 pm
This girl was loud, and this women was not doing much but encouraging and adding to the noise.
Faleen didn't looked bother, though she did arch her eyebrows, looking from the young girl to the gray haired women.

She addressed the two with a polite smile, but drew her attention over to Rosie and Luke instead as they spoke, and Rosie continued on with dinner plans.
"I would be alright with that." she agreed, arching her eyebrows with a quiet smile to Rosie as her sister looked over with a much brighter smile, still excited over the recent wins.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:15 pm
Dove's smile only widened at Henrietta's expected excitement and growing volume. "I saw! You and Gummy were fantastic!"

She smiled again at Rosie, cuddling Lovey close to her chest. "Food sounds great."

She did, however, spare another glance around them when Lovey craned her neck to scopr out the crowd. "Should we wait for Yuri, too...?" It had been a while since she had seen the man...  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:19 pm
"Oh man, I wanna battle all of you!" Henrietta chirped up, hearing Rosie's remark, and looking around at the trainers who'd come through. She seemed to mean that quite seriously, then looked confused at Ray's comment. Go easy on friends? Did people do that? It didn't seem like something someone would do to someone they respected- she knew she'd hate to think someone wasn't battling her with everything they had when she fully intended to. She adopted what she thought was a 'serious' grin.
"We'll have awesome battles! No way me or my team will be going easy! We were!" The latter, buoyant remark in response to Dove's praise. It half-shared a tone with 'thank you', certainly was appreciative, if cocky with that grin.
Her stomach rumbled though.
Food did sound good... All the excitement; eating hadn't really been on her mind until now.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff