Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:32 pm
He eventually gave a small nod in acquiescence, faintly understanding that he was becoming more and more of an inconvenience. "Hurts," he answered in a murmur, breathing out a light breath.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:37 pm
Somewhere in the back of his mind came the response 'and this is exactly why you've been practicing using guns,' but he didn't feel that now was the right time to voice it. Instead, he frowned lightly before he picked up the device and offered it to Luke as he sat down on the coffee table, mostly to be at a better vantage point so he could get a look at his eyes. That'd be at least one good way to tell if he had a concussion, anyway... The more he watched him and his behavior, the worse he felt for the poor guy. Man, he didn't know everything that happened, but it must've sucked something awful..

Anyway. "Did you wanna go to the hospital now or wait a few minutes?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:26 pm
If he had suffered a concussion, it at least wasn't severe enough for his pupils to dilate unevenly - at least not noticeably so. His movements were, however, lethargic; he regarded the offered pokegear for a moment as if not knowing what to do with it before he remembered mentioned of a message and accepted the device. "Probably just a minute," he replied, navigating through the menus. "See if Sera…" He raised the gear to listen to the recorded message, his eyebrows raising slightly. The expression of mild surprise remained when he lowered the device. "My pokemon are at the center," he explained. "Said someone brought them just now."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:35 pm
Alright, so his pupils looked.. pretty okay, he supposed, or at least as far as he could tell. Still, his consistently slow reactions still gave him cause for concern. Anastasia visibly perked up at the mention of her owner, though blinked and tilted her head when neither human spoke of her again. Abel's brows raised at the news, and he smiled at Luke, "See? What'd I tell you - not to worry about it." And that was exactly why, because something like that probably would've happened. Not that he'd really had any idea what would happen or how the guy would've gotten his pokemon back, but still.

"Alright, they'll be there, waiting for you. I'm gonna have to suggest we take you to the hospital first though, because you're worrying me pretty bad right now," he informed the teen, watching him with some concern. Anastasia, as well, looked concerned for Luke and his well-being.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:44 pm
Well… they were trainers after all, he supposed. Just trying to do the right thing, even if they were going about it very poorly. So much for making escape a priority if one were to encounter a suspected Rocket…

He still frowned, though, as he navigated the pokegear further and found that Seraphine never replied. It had been that way often since the accident, so he wasn't too terribly concerned about the possibility of something having happened to her, but it was frustrating given that Anastasia was literally in his lap at that exact moment. "Okay," he ceded quietly, maneuvering the pokegear into his pocket and giving Anastasia a light pat. "We can see Rosie too," he told her. He couldn't recall Sera's address, or even if he had ever known it, but Rosie was sure to know. She would also likely be delighted to see Anastasia safe, and he didn't find it prudent to wait to long to tell her about what had happened the previous night.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:59 pm
Anastasia brightened considerably at the thought of seeing Rosie - who was, as she recalled, pretty much Seraphine's only friend.. Or at least, she had been. Maybe that had changed? She hoped so. She liked Luke and Mieu -- Mieu! Had he escaped Team Rocket like she had? She had no idea where the Flareon was now, or if he was still stuck there...

Now wasn't the time for thinking, though; now was the time for moving! Gleaning at least enough to realize they were leaving, Anastasia removed herself from Luke's person and hopped down to the floor so he could stand.

Abel stood as well, and moved to grab his keys from nearby. "Actually, if you want, I can drop you off at the hospital, then go find the pokemon center and pick up your pokemon for you and bring 'em to you there."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:20 pm
Luke slowly moved to stand, the change in position making the room spin briefly, and frowned for a moment after Abel spoke, puzzling out the meaning of the words. When he achieved understanding, he gave a short nod, "Okay."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:33 pm
The blonde waited and watched patiently as Luke stood, figuring he'd need a minute or two to make sure he was alright and wouldn't fall over or anything, and when he didn't, he made motions towards the door. "Alright, we better get going," he said casually as he pulled open the door, then turned and regarded the Zoroark that appeared from his room, "Sonia, hold the fort down, will you? Isaac, you coming?" This asked of the Espeon that had emerged as well and had placed himself in no uncertain terms in the hallway beyond, indicating that he was, indeed, coming. That done, Abel waited for Luke to exit as well with Anastasia in tow, then headed down to the elevator.

It didn't take too long to travel down the building and outside, and they arrived at his car without incident. He moved to one side and opened the passenger side door for Luke - though Isaac hopped in through there and into the back seat first - then moved to enter his own side. "Shouldn't take too long to get to the hospital," he commented and spared a glance at the redhead, still concerned for him and the effects his injuries were having.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:08 pm
He situated himself appropriately, resting the palm of his uninjured hand across his eyes and forehead in partial response to the ongoing headache as well as a means of shielding his vision from the sunlight that assaulted his senses. "Sorry," he said. "I cause a lot of trouble… Don't mean to bother anyone, but it always…" Always just worked out with him in need of assistance and someone else nice enough to offer it. When in the world was he going to gain the ability to take care of himself?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:14 pm
When Luke sat in the car, Anastasia hopped in as well and carefully climbed back into his lap.

As he turned his car on and pulled out onto the street, Abel couldn't help but be vaguely surprised by Luke's words. "What d'you mean? So far it sounds like other people were causing trouble around you," he surmised. At least, that's how it sounded. He happened to be in a place in which crap went down, and then was targeted later by a small group of people - he couldn't exactly find any way that either of those events were Luke's fault. "Nah, you're not bothering me in the slightest. If anything, you've made things more interesting. If you hadn't crashed on my couch last night I probably would've just sat around and did boring stuff, like watch TV or something," he explained with a shrug. Granted, those would've been calmer than having to pull a gun to protect someone and then drive them to the hospital the next day, but he wasn't about to complain.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:24 pm
A slight frown pulled at his features. "It's usually my fault somehow…" He could easily track this incident back to his own actions as well, but he hardly felt up to talking enough to do so - the less something was actually his fault, the more longwinded such explanations usually needed to be, but he had yet to make such a connection. He exhaled a breath of a laugh, wincing slightly at the consequence. "Well. Thanks." Rejected apologies could often be substituted with gratitude.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:28 pm
"You got the crap beaten out of you," he didn't hesitate to point out, "so I can hardly consider that that was your fault unless you were the one physically beating yourself up - which you weren't, so," the man trailed off as he signaled and made a turn. "Anyway, what's your full name? I'll go find the pokecenter and pick up your pokemon for you once I drop you off at the hospital." He couldn't remember if Luke had given him his full name before or not, but if he had, he couldn't recall it.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:36 pm
"It wasn't for no reason. Could have reported it when my brother died, they wouldn't show his picture, crisis averted." He wasn't satisfied with being cleared of blame, even on sound reasoning, when he knew that things would have gone differently if he had done something else at any point in his life. Regardless, he spoke to answer, "Luci-- um," pokecenter meant trainer registration, not legal full name, "Luke fon Fabre."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:45 pm
"I still don't think so, but," he dismissed the topic with a shrug. The slight confusion about his name bewildered him a bit, but he figured that Luke must've been a nickname for his full name or something. A lot of people had nicknames - usually people whose full first name was longer than four letters, anyway. "Alright," the blonde said amiably, noting the full name so that he could properly give it to whoever was at the pokecenter later.

Roughly around then they arrived at the hospital, and Abel stopped outside of it, "I'll go get your pokemon and come back in a little bit, alright?" He said once again, for some reason feeling the need to repeat it in case it would make him feel even slightly better. He'd seemed so completely dejected when Sonia's efforts proved fruitless the night before..

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:58 pm
He was used to having his reasoning rejected, but for some reason it kind of irritated him this time, possibly due to stress from all the pain. They arrived at the destination and Luke pushed open the door, waiting for Anastasia to remove herself before he followed. He lingered before closing the door to hear Abel's words, nodding and summoning a tired smile, "Okay. Thank you."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff