Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 pm
He followed her lead with increasing ease as his fingers began to coordinate with his understanding of the scale. "Sort of," he said, his tone thoughtful. "Summer of last year I went back to the house I grew up in, and there was this weird feeling like it wasn't quite right - like everything wasn't in the place it was supposed to be, even though it was essentially my first time seeing it."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:46 pm
Rosie continued, playing new sets and starting from the beginning to continue through the song as he got each one.
She couldn't say she had ever experienced anything like that before, but he described it very well.
"That sounds like it would be a little unnerving." she admitted.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:52 pm
Producing sound like this was relaxing, like singing without the recent risk of running out of breath or irritating his throat. Occasional pin pricks of pain in his back reminded him that he wouldn't be able to keep it up indefinitely, but for now he was content to disregard that knowledge. "Kind of, but not necessarily in a bad way. It was just… weird. I keep using that same word, but I don't know how else to describe it."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:04 pm
Rosie gave a light giggle nodding her head "I can't think of a better word to offer you. I think weird sums it up, after how you described it."

She had been watching his hands as he tried to get used to the keyboard "You're really picking it up very naturally, just remember to keep your wrists up- I was always having to be reminded of that." She added with amusement, making a point to lift and lower her wrists "Wrist up- Wrist up- no lazy wrists."

in the middle of her playing through the song the timer in the kitchen went off, causing her to stop and glance over.
"I'll be right back." She said, rising from the bench to go stop the timer, Kiss Kiss taking her spot over once again.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:13 am
Sera had slowly transitioned from simply reading her magazine and ignoring everything else, to putting the reading material aside and moving to watch the trio at the piano. When Rosie departed into the kitchen once more, the brunette slouched over, flopped both arms over the side of the couch and peered unabashedly at Luke and Kiss, but mostly Luke. "So you learned to play when you were little?" She asked, tilting her head a bit. "That's pretty cool."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:38 pm
He nodded at the reminder; posture, he imagined, was an important part of playing the instrument properly. He wasn't sure how well this boded for his learning, given that his stamina in matters regarding his back and arms was at an all-time low. As Rosie disappeared into the kitchen, he continued to test the arrangement of the keys and discover the flow of the notes, gradually picking away at the overall melody of a song he often listened to.

Another nod answered Seraphine's comment, "I had lessons, I think, but I didn't like learning to play much." Or so he had heard, and he didn't really have any reason to doubt it.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:22 pm
"That's cool," she replied, though didn't seem exactly the most enthused. She'd never had lessons when she was younger, and it made her envy him a bit. But then again, any instrument she touched made atrocious sounds when she tried to 'play' it, and she'd easily and quickly given up out of pure frustration and an attempt to keep her dignity intact.

Either way, she deposited her magazine on the couch, stood up, and walked over to the piano Luke was at so she could peer over his shoulder. Metaphorically speaking, anyway - more like she stood over the bench and had a clear view regardless of any shoulders. "I never played anything growing up," she admitted with a soft frown, watching his fingers play over the keys. It looked so easy. It probably was, if you had two hands. "Is it nice? Being able to play, I mean."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:33 pm
"I don't know," he said, glancing in Sera's general direction to acknowledge her presence. "I think it probably is? I like music, and it seems like it would be nice to be able to make music yourself. I apparently didn't care for it much when I was younger, though." He pulled his hand from the keys to cough against the back of it, enduring the effects of the cold with a sour expression.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:38 pm
She turned to sit on the bench, making sure not to sit on Kiss in the process, and sat with her back to the keys and her body half-turned to watch. "It seems like it'd be kinda fun," she mused aloud uncertainly. "I like music too, but..." But she couldn't make it. The frown persisted on her expression as she watched him cease playing to cough instead. "You alright? You keep coughing. Should cut that s**t out, you're not allowed to get sick," she said pointedly, though her tones were more teasing than actually serious.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:59 pm
Kiss Kiss moved over when Sera moved to sit down on the bench, climbing onto her lap once she was seated, staring between the two humans as they talked.
Luke's coughing caused her eyes to widen a little more, nodding along with Sera's words.

Rosie too glanced up from the kitchen as she strained some pasta into the sink.
Luke's coughing had not been letting up.
While she was thinking about it she put on a pot of tea, something hot might help at least make him feel better, but she suspected they would have a cold to deal with before too long, thats sure what it sounded like.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:54 pm
More than fun, it seems like something that could be called relaxing, like taking a long, hot shower in winter or reading for some purpose other than studying. A kind of fun, perhaps, but one that took more effort before the payoff than most other forms of entertainment.

He didn't return his hands to the keys, instead resting them in his lap, and responded to Seraphine with a sincerity that he knew was unwarranted but could do little to prevent, "Sorry…"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:59 pm
While Sera hadn't expected to suddenly have a Raichu in her lap, she didn't mind too much, though what she did mind was Luke's response. Her lips pursed lightly and she shook her head, "Nope, not allowed. Stop that."

A pause, in which she turned herself more fully to the keys and raised her own hand to them, "Anyway, this looks like fun - how do you do things again? I couldn't see before," she said, attempting to make him stop being apologetic and instead focus on something else. To put more weight to her request, she pressed down on a few of the keys a little harder than she needed to, prompting the instrument to produce a loud, displeasing chord, the suddenness of which startled her and caused her brows to raise and her hand to dart away from the keys. "Ah... oops."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:16 pm
Though his overall disposition didn't change much, he took Sera's cue, "It's sort of like…" He raised a hand to the instrument, adjusting the posture as he had been shown. "…this?" Gently he depressed a series of keys to form a soft chord, frowning. "Sorry, I can't explain it very well."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:20 pm
"Uhh.." She frowned over the keys as she watched him, then attempted to emulate his actions herself. The result wasn't as loud nor did it clash quite as badly, but the sound was still rather displeasing. "Nah, don't worry about it. I don't play instruments anyway." Read: I can't play instruments anyway. As if to accentuate the point, she tried again, succeeding in an even worse-sounding combination of notes that made her flinch and frown down at her fingers over the keys. "This is kind of hard.."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:21 pm
Perking up in Sera's lap, Kiss Kiss stood over the keys with a bright expression, reaching her paw out to try and repeat the same set of keys that Luke had, with a slow thoughtful process.

When Sera voiced giving up Kiss Kiss cooed displeased, reaching to to grab her hand in her paws and tugged it back onto the Keys,
"Rai rai Raichu~" Again she hit the same set of keys, then patted Sera's hand.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff