Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
why are you an atheist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niveous

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:27 am
[x] Natasha [x]
Religion seems completely impossible. The idea that there is a "God" watching our every move seems a little odd (and pervy) and seems completely illogical. I believe in fact and all things scientific. End of story.

::Rips off the trix rabbit commercial::

heheh, "Silly god!!! Voyeurism is for adults!!"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:12 am
Niveous
[x] Natasha [x]
Religion seems completely impossible. The idea that there is a "God" watching our every move seems a little odd (and pervy) and seems completely illogical. I believe in fact and all things scientific. End of story.

::Rips off the trix rabbit commercial::

heheh, "Silly god!!! Voyeurism is for adults!!"

Lol. rofl  

[x] Natasha [x]

ChocoChan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:24 pm
Dathu
ChocoChan
I used to be what you may call a hardcore holy-rollin' Jesus freak.
But problems started coming up, little by little, depression, anxiety, and suicidal tendencies just took over, and no matter how hard I tried, god was silent. He never answered my prayers.

God abandoned me, and so I abandoned him.

So...do you still believe in god, but choose to say you don't in order to "abandon" it? Cause then, technically, you'd just be an antitheist, not Atheist. Right? sweatdrop

No, I don't believe in god. I guess you could say the whole abandoning statement is my way of explaining it to Christians- the Jesus on the cross allusion tends to hit them hard.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:29 pm
ChocoChan
Dathu
ChocoChan
But problems started coming up, little by little, depression, anxiety, and suicidal tendencies just took over, and no matter how hard I tried, god was silent. He never answered my prayers.

So...do you still believe in god, but choose to say you don't in order to "abandon" it? Cause then, technically, you'd just be an antitheist, not Atheist. Right? sweatdrop

No, I don't believe in god. I guess you could say the whole abandoning statement is my way of explaining it to Christians- the Jesus on the cross allusion tends to hit them hard.

Ah, yes, I see. Dumbing it down for the Theists. We've all had to do that once or twice. *Gives a big we're smarter than them laugh.* Hohohoho. cool  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

ChocoChan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:57 pm
Dathu
ChocoChan
Dathu
ChocoChan

Ah, yes, I see. Dumbing it down for the Theists. We've all had to do that once or twice. *Gives a big we're smarter than them laugh.* Hohohoho. cool

I suppose that's how it works out.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:58 am
ChocoChan
Dathu
ChocoChan

Yeah, my answer to Christian friends is simple

"God and I aren't really on speaking terms."

God never spoke to me, and I got tired of speaking. There you go. Simple enough, when he returns my voice messages, I'll stop being indifferent.  

Niveous

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces