Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:04 pm
Luke had no intention of try to stand just yet, let alone on his own, so he remained where he was. "There's a constellation that points straight to it, right? It's convenient; if you have to move around at night and it's too dark to see your compass, you can still tell which way you're going."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:12 pm
"Hey help yourself, no need to pay me back, I don't care." Ray replied to Dith, making a gesture toward the kitchen "In the fridge. Hope you don't mind getting it yourself, to be honest, I'm going to go for now, Think its about time I take a shower."

With that the women pushed herself up off the ground, placing a hand on Double Stripe's head as she passed on to the other room and out of sight.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:15 pm
As Rosie pointed out the constalation that Luke had meant, the Jirachi hovered in silence watching through the window up at the dark skies.
Eventually she floated back down to the ground, with a slight tilt to her head. "north is where I went to find the League." She said.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:10 pm
He, not unlike the Jirachi herself, tilted his head faintly, remembering her insistence on going north and finding the League when he had first encountered her. "Do you like something like that, for a name? North, North Star, Polaris…"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:17 pm
"North?" She repeated after him, "North Star?"
The frowned a bit as she tried them out "Polaris." Though she paused looking back up at Luke "North?" It was the last thing her friend had told her too. Go North... Go, North.

"What about Northern?" Rosie added, thinking it sounded a little more elegant then just North. That could make a good name.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:24 pm
"Northern," he echoed. "Something that goes north, or is in the north. What do you think?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:33 pm
The Jirachi drifted up off the ground a little, looking between them as they offered a new name, and the Jirachi couldn't help but try it out herself "Northern." She said, blinking and then repeating it a couple more times.
"Northern... Northern"
Again she floated higher, her eyes widening "... o okay." She said sounding a little awed "Okay."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:18 pm
Jeeves had returned, sure that nobody in the kitchen was under attack. The Jirachi seemed fine, as were the two with her...

He slowed up as he realised Ray was excited about the egg for some reason, and the grass type narrowed his eyes at it, before he understood.
So, it was starting to hatch.
The familiar brunette joined them as Jeeves was returning, and out of politeness he stood just off, then offered a small bow, before returning to his seat on the floor with Lin, and the egg, as Ray moved off.

"Is it broken?" Lin was, at first, pretty concerned; something happened when the psychic scream happened, so his natural assumption was 'something bad'... But the reactions of Ray, and then Jeeves, clued him in that that probably wasn't the case.
He blinked as Sera joined them, then returned his gaze to the egg.
Not broken, but broken- that meant hatching then.
His eyes were a little wide at the crack which had started to very slowly split across the top of the egg, rather than splintering it.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:10 pm
While Sera had had young pokemon before - Isabella being the last, but that was at least two years ago now - she hadn't had an egg, and was thus rather intrigued by the whole ordeal, and looked on with curiosity as the small thing cracked further.

Nicolette remained largely unsure of which part of the room to gravitate towards. She was inclined to go with Luke, Rosie and the Jirachi who was in the process of getting a name, but the thought of watching an egg hatch drew her equally in the opposite direction, which resulted in her standing between the two in complete and utter indecision. At the very least, she wasn't indecisive about letting out more of her pokemon - Lulu, while she absolutely loved and adored the Vaporeon, would probably have only caused problems with her tendency to see eggs and deem them hers, as she had with Angeline's egg.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:41 am
Nodding thanks and flashing a smile to Ray Dith collected a beer for the fridge. Turning back the the group in the other room he lingered in the doorway, listening as the little legendary pokemon received a name. They were important things he supposed, it would be weird not to have one certainly and-

"Ah!" Dith turned back to Lin with a grin. "Hey! Good timing, eh? It's hatching more neatly than Luna's did, they were all over the place."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am
Lin looked up (well, it's Dith- has anyone ever not had to look up?) as Dith mentioned his pokémon having eggs, and how this one was hatching neater than those.
"Uh. I guess? So, this... isn't normal?" This was his first egg, after all.

Another 'snap' and a little more of the top of the egg split, with some of the shell crumbling this time; something red began 'sprout' from the opening, then slowly opened out into a red leaf, while the egg wriggled.
"Chee." Said the egg.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:51 pm
It was a surreal feeling, having a name, though it was a happy one... right? yeah... yeah it was a happy one.

There was something going on over with the rest of the group that drew everyone's attention. One of the eggs that Lin had picked up seemed to be hatching.

"Oh my gosh, its hatching already?" Rosie gasped from the window "That was scary good timing."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:01 pm
Nicolette finally made a decision - something that seemed quite a difficult thing for her to do - and hastily joined the group around the egg. "Angeline's was rather messy, too," she added in, since others were mentioning eggs and how they hatched. "But she's energetic, so perhaps that had something to do with it." The egg in Lin's grasp seemed rather relaxed to her; relaxed and content to hatch slowly and steadily.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:55 am
"Normal?" Dith shrugged slightly at Lin, pausing to take a sip of beer before continuing with; "I don't know about normal, I've only ever seen a few eggs hatch. I wouldn't worry though, it seems to be doing just- ah-ha!" Smiling as the red leaf appeared Dith made a gesture to it and nodded. "Doing just fine," he concluded.

Looking to Nicolette he nodded again. "It could be? Their personalities already seem somewhat formed when they hatch so it could affect how they break the shell. Mmmh, I should look that up, I'm sure somebody has studied it.... It is very good timing," a glance and smile to Rosie, "maybe it is hatching now because it's warm? Holding off for a more opportune moment, like a seed waiting for drought to end." Another theory with nothing to back it up, other than his own Pokemon and some battling in his youth Dith hadn't had a lot of contact with Pokemon throughout his life - hence having had no idea what a Mew, Mewtwo or Jirachi was until just now.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 pm
"It made a noise." Lin blinked at it, listening as the others mentioned their own experiences with eggs. It sounded like everyone had seen an egg hatch before, and Lin was feeling a little bit of a real novice now; this egg was the first he'd ever come across.

"Personality?" He glanced at Nicolette, then glanced at Jeeves. What had Jeeves hatching been like? He wondered, and wished he'd thought to ask.
The red leaf gave some clue, though, that he'd picked up yet another grass type, as did Dith's comment about 'seeds'.
That sounded like a smart guess regarding the scarily good timing, and Lin decided he liked that...
Especially if this really was another grass type, though he wasn't sure what else came with a leaf.
"I think the... noise, before," He referred to the psychic scream, unsure what else to call it "had something to do with, um, 'waking it up'... Or something."

The leaf had folded out properly now, like a shoot from a seed, though the eggshell continued to crumble slowly; occasionally the leaf moved and the egg cracked a little further, a little faster.
Slow, maybe, but it still wouldn't be long until it was properly hatched.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff