Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:07 pm
Inigo frowned lightly and raised his hand to scratch one cheek, recalling quite a few instances where he was laying in the forest, minding his own business, when a passing Pidgeotto swooped down out of nowhere and snatched a Caterpie up for an early dinner. "Yeah, I agree with Agent Faleen. I would personally discourage the use of bug-types unless they would be underground away from more... airborne predators - maybe like Spinarak or something. Bug-types usually get preyed on a lot more often than any other types out in the forest."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:16 pm
"There are pretty low on the food chain... Then again, so are grass types..." Tambrey mused now, furrowing her own brow. Without the complexities envisioned before, at prototype stage, a drone pokémon being eaten probably constituted a bit of a disaster...
"So, um, at least we're narrowing down our list for when we're picking native pokémon," she turned cheerful again "Nothing that's easy to eat, or too fragile?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:57 pm
Lu stayed quiet while the higher ups and everyone spoke. He had a hard time understanding what a lot of was being said; he'd gathered they were getting a new base, and it was... underwater? He felt uncomfortable with that, something could go wrong and they'd all drown... but at the same time, they probably wouldn't be caught. Hopefully. Yeah...

The talk about Pokemon and cloning and technology... Lu thought, or hoped, he had a basic grasp of what they meant, but he'd never even considered this sort of thing before. He'd never had to, there hadn't been any point. It sounded like something they shouldn't do- was it ethical? From the corner of the eye, he saw Zacharie shift and pull his knees up. Frowning, Lu nudged Zacharie in the side, keeping his head down.

"M-maybe we could tell them to uh... make robots instead," Lu whispered to Zacharie, "Or maybe we could put up a big fence so people can't come in."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:04 pm
Zacharie tilted his head slightly to look over at the other trainee sitting beside him, a slightly amused smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I think putting up a big fence would draw some unwanted attention." He murmured with a soft snort. "A bit unproductive considering we're trying to keep our location a secret." But...the other idea could possibly work? Maybe? "But I think giant robots disguised as trees could work." He said thoughtfully.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:12 pm
"It might be easier to just install camera into the trees, maybe drill them in the bark to hide them." Lex said quietly. "On that idea, you could take poison powder, put it in bulbs and set traps... so if a trainer pokes around where they shouldn't, they get a puff of poison dust."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 pm
"It could be an option to have mounted cameras," Faleen agreed "the risk we run with stationary equipment is that it cannot adapt and move if the situation calls for it. I wouldn't recommend it on its own."

The same concept was used for the Turrets in the desert, they might have been stationary, but the desert sentry were very mobile on the sand when it was needed.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:17 am
"Um, I might be wrong," Tambrey admitted "but wouldn't the installation of things like, um, stationary cameras, mean we had to have personnel going to install them in various places? Wouldn't that level of activity risk exposing us? Though... Huh, could pokémon with stealth abilities- like the Zoroark- be trained how to place cameras like those?" She did agree it was a worthwhile option to think about, though she suspected, also, not one that would be so effective just on its own.
"Um. I sort of like the poisonpowder idea, but... Well, wouldn't the very fact it occurred mean that people could become interested in the area to find out what's doing it?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:03 am
"Right, the poisonpowder is a good idea but it also has a risk of exposure plus potential harm to the trainer that would investigate what happened." Rory mentioned. "Sending in a team to set up mounted cameras would also be suspicious to anyone wandering through the forest. They're a good idea, but unless pokemon were involved or there was a way to make sure there was no one around, it would be hard to get them installed without possible risk."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

SammAzon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:11 am
Oliver sat back and listened to the conversation in thought. "I agree with you. The Poison Powder idea in itself would be effective but would draw more attention to us than we want," Oliver paused a moment, "Now I heard you guys talking about a simulated Sandstorm created by trained native Pokemon correct? I believe we need to consider the possibility of some natural storm, so-to-speak, for this area? Like possibly a Windstorm? Then again nothing could simulate something as great as the Sandstorm would have, because not only would it keep people from walking into it, if they were dumb enough to walk into a Sandstorm, they would get confused and would get completely lost. It was natural too that is what was important," Oliver paused a moment to think.

Almost as if a light bulb came on, Oliver smiled widely, "I am still not familiar with your Departments, but I assume that this would be the Biology Department, since this would involve working with plants. What if we could create a plant that creates and releases fog? Thick Fog so it has the same effect of the Sandstorm, just more natural to the area. Now in this case, we can always just plant these all over the forest to make it less suspicious that they are only in one area. With that these plants will have to release fog without our control. I believe we could have it so these plants can detect the fog of another plant that has released its fog and in turn release its. So much like a chain reaction. If people get curious and take a plant to be studied, it can't really lead back to us, it would be a plant they just haven't seen before. Plants are always mutating and everyone is always finding new plants with bizarre capabilities. I think its is at least worth a shot, even though it does sound pretty crazy, but given the circumstances we need to think outside the box. Plants are generally easy to mutate, manipulate, and create with the right advanced tech. It doesn't take long for them to grow either. If we can, we might as well try to link the mutation to a certain type of Pokemon influence. Genetics are always changing due to the influences had on their environment. It could be the plants defense from being eaten. Or if the Fog idea seems completely idiotic and can't be done, I don't see why the same idea can't be used for creating Poison Pods. Or maybe combine the idea and have poison in the fog. Maybe then the forest could be closed down due to it being uninhabitable.... but then you run into killing most of the Pokemon not immune to Poison in the area. Like I said, I know it sounds like a crazy idea, but I think it could be pulled off? In the least I think it could be at least considered, we are trying to think out of the box here correct?" Oliver finished. His heart pounded waiting for the responses.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:34 am
The mention of windstorms or fogs made Inigo frown and he shook his head, "The forest hasn't ever had windstorms. If there was suddenly one happening all the time, that would probably be way more suspicious. I could kind of see plants releasing fog and stuff, but that also runs the risk of garnering more attention because people might come to study or take samples of the new plants in their 'natural' environment, which is kind of the opposite of what we want I'm pretty sure. Using pokemon native to the area already wouldn't gather any extra attention like storms or new vegetation would. They're good ideas though," he added hastily when he realized how negative the rest of his response had been. They were good ideas, he just didn't think they were quite what they needed. They needed less attention, not more.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:41 am
"Agreed," Atticus said, following up after Inigo. "To the best of my knowledge, the forest has never been a suspicious location. Noticeably altering the environment in any way will attract scientists seeking to discover the cause of these alterations. Regardless of how well we cover our tracks, their attention will be on the area, making our stealth significantly more difficult. It would be most efficient to use the forest's innocuous reputation to our advantage and focus on subtlety."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 pm
Lu nodded, looking away with a small grin. "Probably, but it'd still keep people out... maybe we could build a fence around something else farther away and people will think, uh... you know, something is over there, and leave us alone?" he said quietly to Zacharie, then shrugged. He wasn't very smart nor good at planning this kind of thing. It felt like the stuff that would happen in adventure stories.

"Do you think it would? M...maybe, but I think if the trees told people to leave that would maybe make people think something is wrong. What do you think robot trees would do..?" Robot trees sounded kind of... cool, but Lu liked real trees more.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

SammAzon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:10 pm
Oliver understood it was a stretch, he did feel embarrassed for mentioning a Windstorm now, the tree's would render it more likely impossible. " Do we even have an extensive knowledge of the area we will be inhabiting? Shouldn't we perhaps have a scouting team look at the area so we know what we should be dealing with and able to go from there on ideas for security? Also how often are people passing through the area? I am pretty sure someone already figured this out, but it may be wise to train the Pokemon in the lake for our benefit as well. I'm sure it would be considered our last defense since they would be, literally right above us at that point." Oliver thought for a moment once more. "I understand we want to avoid new vegetation, but much like the poison pod idea, what about when someone gets too close, we can release an undetectable gas that will simulate fear and or confusion to the victim, causing delusions. Uh.... Never mind, I can only see how that can become a problem as well. As the delusions of the victims could attract more attention to the area as well." Oliver sighed deeply, this was harder to think of than he thought.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:35 pm
"I cannot imagine that we would not," Atticus replied, his eyebrows raising slightly. "My understanding is that the new base is well under construction, if they intend for it to be habitable in spring - just a few short months from now. Is that accurate, Elite Agent?" Atticus was still relatively new to the region, and while what he knew of Team Rocket and their efficiency with things begged a positive response, it felt prudent to ask after confirmation before continuing.

--
"Huh-wha--?" Lucas looked up from his notes at the sudden address, blinking vacantly for a moment before he realized the question that had been asked. "Oh. Yeah. We've already got topos of pretty much the entire island. You guys don't have to worry about that."
--

His assumption confirmed, the programmer nodded, satisfied. "I doubt it's necessary to train every inhabitant of the lake, but it would scarcely do any harm to plant a few water-types to fend off the overly curious - perhaps a naturally aggressive species but unobtrusive such as Carvanha." Beautiful, perfect water-types.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:43 pm
"Like a decoy? I don't know, in theory it's a good idea but you never know if people will actually fall for it." Zacharie mumbled, resting his cheek on his knees. "And then if people find the decoy, investigate the decoy, and then find out it is indeed a decoy they'll go looking for whatever it is that is actually being hidden...which would be our base. Now, you weren't there when we had to evacuate but it was annoying and a big hassle and I'd rather not have to deal with that again." He left out the part where he had been absolutely terrified for his life and for the life of his friends (both pokemon and human --well, Jerome-- alike) and that he had had no idea what to do. He liked to think that he would be better prepared the next time they evacuated or were raided but he'd still rather not go through it again.

"The tree robots could be like sentries. They'd blend in, wouldn't draw any attention, and if needed they could be mobilized to protect the base." The teen explained to the taller male. "I don't know anything about mechanics but you could probably send someone out every once and awhile to do maintenance or whatever it is that robots need and they could use the...the..." He gritted his teeth slightly. "The pokemon to protect the robots. Just to make sure no one tries to chop them down or whatever." He shrugged and gave a soft yawn. "I don't know. I've never thought of this sort of thing before."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff