Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:08 pm
<> That was something Ella lacked; all her attacks were attacks she'd learned over time, and fire wasn't part of those... She suspected that, perhaps, she could try and communicate her desire for a fire attack if she could show that she really wanted to learn cooking.
<>

"Too spicy?" Tambrey queried- she liked spicy food but... a curry that made Aulus cry- that he admitted had done so- sounded like some kind of weaponry rather than food...

<> Jubilee stated, with a little frown; she'd learned -from- Paul, after all, mostly, so far. << I hope to be good at it, also.>>  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:14 pm
Char nodded. <> another nod, then a small embarrassed cough and a glance at Aulus. <>

Aulus gave a little laugh, wincing slightly at the memory, and nodded. "Yeeeeah, you could say that. I later learned - when my eyes had stopped streaming and I'd stopped chugging all the milk, juice, and beer available - that he'd put in ten Scotch Bonnets and half a bottle of the kind of hot sauce you tend to add by the teaspoon to a large pot. It was pretty unfortunate to say the least. I don't know how he managed it, he must have misheard or misremembered I suppose. Maybe he thought they were actually really small sweet peppers or something." He had been extremely cautious about trying Char's creations for a long time after that, much to the fire type's chagrin.

Good? Paul shifted and gave an embarrassed little 'squee!'. <>  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 am
Ella didn't have her own flames... Maybe she could try and persuade Tambrey to fix that somehow.
<< So, it is really just like another kind of training?>> Ella wondered, feeling that 'live and learn' and 'things not always going to plan' did sound a lot like some training sessions and battles.

"Uh... Well, okay then. That would do it..." Tambrey blinked and winced in sympathy. "Did he try any of it? Would be curious to know what a Charizard thinks of such spicy food..."

<< You have attacks like I do, and probably some I might learn? We're both bug types and similar, but you've trained longer, so I find that I can learn most from you.>> Jubilee explained- she really did think he was rather good, and she couldn't really learn the same from watching the others.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:04 pm
Char tilted his head, considering Ella's comparison. <> he agreed after a moment. <> Both battling and cooking took time and effort to muster, though unfortunately not amount of practice would give him more digits to work with.

Aulus nodded again, grinning ruefully. "He seemed to rather like it when he got around to eating it but for about ten minutes he was too busy hovering over me and Alex looking worried. I don't know if he doesn't has the right taste receptors to pick up spice or if being a fire type gives him immunity to mouth burns but either way he didn't seem any more affected by it than by a tika."

Paul made another little squee noise. <> He thought it had anyway, though he was aware that he didn't set as much store by time as Aulus and a few of the others on the team did.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:27 am
The Lairon was silent, then, as she considered the idea further; well, she understood training, and important mistakes, so if cooking was much the same, then she believed she could do it. She did not have her own flames, but perhaps that could be fixed, and she knew she wasn't too far from evolving if she worked hard which would give her an upright stance. She'd have to get used to that again, of course, but she felt like she remembered her time as an Aron well enough to do so quickly, even if she was bigger.

"There might be something in his typing, but I wouldn't really know. Taste hasn't really been something I've studied much," though that would certainly be fun to look into, Tambrey thought "though.. I'd imagine he has some sense of taste to create something you enjoy eating and to understand when, like after that incident, something is 'too hot' for you... Maybe he just likes spicy food a lot?"

Jubilee wasn't all that... clear on the true concept of time either, but she understood 'days' and such. <>  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm
'He can taste it but he says it doesn't hurt like it seemes to hurt you,' said Asgard, choosing this opportune moment to lazily re-enter the conversation. 'I can only assume that his senses are a bit different to yours, like how some bugs can see ultra violet and so on.'

Aulus startled a bit at the sudden voice in his head but quickly recovered his aplomb and patted the Lugia. "Almost forgot you were there."

'Your arse is on me.'

"Yes. Well. Anyway." Aulus cleared his throat to clear away the embarrassment and nodded at Tam. "Well there we have it... I expect we could learn a lot about pokemon that we guess at by just asking a pyschic legendary." Though maybe not a Jirachi; talking to Al was like talking to a toddler, albeit a toddler that was actually nice to be around.

<> Paul agreed with a nod, it certainly sounded like logic to him. <> he added quickly, feeling that this was an important point.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:34 am
It seemed as though Tambrey had, at least, forgotten Asgard could 'talk' for a moment too, as she blinked in surprise before registering just what was going on and grinning.
"I really should look into getting a pokémon who can 'talk'," She nodded, agreeing with Aulus, and smiling at Asgard "That's an extremely useful thing you lot can do..." She thought about it, though, deciding that, if she -did- try to apply for a psychic who could talk, she probably wouldn't go for a Lugia... Something smaller would be better to fit in the lab, and in the meantime, she supposed, she could try and get better at understanding the behaviours and signals from those she already took to the lab with her.

<> Jubilee said truthfully- she was vaguely aware of the concept as a wild pokémon, especially while young, but it was a much more accessible concept in her current situation.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:38 pm
"Heh, yeah, it's pretty cool; I got lucky with being assigned to him, or him to me," Aulus said with a grin, giving the Lugia a pat.

'Mmh, you're not so bad yourself I suppose,' Asgard replied with something that felt like a mental snort of amusement.

"Gee, thanks," Aulus replied, suppressing a yawn half way through the second word. "You know what sucks about getting injured?" he continued to Tam. "Being tired all the damn time. I swear, I wake up and feel I've hardly slept at all." Of course that probably had as much or more to do with unpleasant dreams as it did injuries but he wasn't going to talk about that.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:59 am
Tambrey grinned, watching, and listening, as Aulus and Asgard back-and-forthed, smirking slightly as the large legendary made a comment.

... And then Aulus was yawning.
Fatigue, certainly, she understood and nodded, though, given a short amount of time, it might have been likely she could guess at the unpleasant dreams, having had some terrible ones of her own since the mission.
She decided to try and inject a small bit of good feeling via humour though.

"Yes... Definitely feeling that too. I'm just lucky enough I get to sit down all day."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:52 am
"Ugh, being stuck sitting down drove me nuts after the thing with the water pony and the bacon bird of painful doom," Aulus replied, his nose crinkling with distaste. "Made for a sedentary job I certainly was not, I need to do things." But right now he was too tired, but too restless to rest, and not sleeping well and.... Ugh, it was just all horribly unpleasant was what it was. Least he wasn't alone.

"Still, what doesn't kill us makes us stranger right?" he said, trying for a smile that came out looking rather tired in the end. They hadn't signed up for this... well they had but- damnit, he knew what he meant so he could stop being so damn pedantic.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:04 am
"I've been pretending I'm a cyborg, or Professor X." Tambrey smiled, but shrugged a little. "Still does get boring, and... well, trying to use some of the equipment in the lab right now is just totally out..."

She nodded.
"Stranger and stronger? Before... certain things, y'know, and before joining up, I'd have thought stuff like this, injuries like these, would be the end of me... Now they're just 'inconvenient' for a time..."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:36 pm
Stronger?

Aulus didn't look at where his arm ought to be. What he did was say; "Ah.... Yeah, I suppose. We've got used to a lot of things." He had got more resilient he supposed, if he hadn't then he'd probably be a totally nonfunctional heap somewhere.

He stood up.

"Anyway I... should probably get some rest then. Uh. Do you want me to come back up to the infirmary with you?" He didn't feel stronger, he felt... he didn't know but none of it was good right now. He wondered if maybe Alex was in and he could go lie on his couch for a bit and feel less... less.... He didn't know.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:02 am
Of course, the loss of an arm wasn't exactly what she was suffering, and she couldn't quite grasp the what it would be like; plus, she had every confidence that Aulus would get a new arm, even improved... Science, after all, was something she believed in fully.

She nodded a little, rocking her chair back and forward again for a moment; she was getting used to this... the chair... That probably wasn't good. She made a note to badger medical again to see what she could do to get herself, her recovery, going a little faster, if anything... It had worked out last time, after all.

"Uh. Well, if you're not going back to the infirmary yourself, and you need rest, I don't really want to delay your rest? You're welcome to if you want to, but I'd rather you got the rest you need?" She smiled, hopefully reassuringly; she was pretty sure she could push herself back.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:43 pm
"Uh... I... guess... Uh." Wow, decisive much? Aulus gave a brief laugh and rubbed the back of his neck. "Do you ever get the feeling that you can't make a decision for the life of you?" He'd never had a problem with that before, in fact he tended to make decisions too quickly, but apparently today a simple choice was too difficult. He didn't want to just ditch Tam but he did want to go lie down and.... Ugh! Decisions! Why? "I... could send Char along with you?" he hazarded, feeling that this was probably a fairly safe compromise. "I mean I know you don't need looking after but.... Well, I'd feel better about it. I don't want you getting stuck somewhere and having to wait for ages for somebody to... come do something?" He definitely needed to rest, he blamed all of this on being tired and feeling washed out.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 am
"It's usually about what needs doing first." She replied, honestly, to the question of decision, as well as just to answer it. "Especially in the lab."

Tambrey smiled and nodded.
"Well, I'd welcome Char's company, and help if I end up needing it, if you're sure you can spare him for a little bit." She /might/ get stuck, after all, even if she didn't think so, though one or two of her own pokemon might be able to help out in such a situation, Char was probably built rather better for it.
"You go and get some rest; I'm going to try and do the same. Or read a bit. There's lots to read, work as well as my books, now. Might do that."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff