Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Up For The Challenge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:33 pm
Killua sure seemed like someone who liked interesting things, Gon thought that living on a mountain must be REALLY cool, he imagined climbing it would be a lot of fun, and Killua even thought video games got boring after a while, Gon imagine that the things Killua was entertained by must be really, REALLY awesome!
"Ohhh... I see." Gon cooed with quiet interest.

Treecko, having moved from Gon's bag to now perch himself up onto the pole now propped up against the boy's shoulder, looking out over the land, Gon didn't even seem to notice the weight change.
"Mmm" Gon hummed and shook his head once "I'm fine!" He told the man.

The examiner just gave them an encouraging smile back, once that didn't quite reach his eyes "that's awesome."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:42 pm
"Hey old man," Killua started, specifically choosing the form of address most likely to get under the examiner's skin, "how much further are we going for this 'first trial?' I came along 'cause I thought it sounded like it would be cool, so if it's nothing but running the whole time, I'm gonna be so disappointed."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:53 pm
The leader gave Killua a confused frown at being called old man, very clerly annoyed by the comment that followed. "I can't tell you that, you'll just have to wait and see."

"Well- Do you think that maybe we can go faster then?" Gon asked hopefully, causing the man to nearly trip as a surprised reaction at the question.
Gon blinked, his face honest and attentive. "That way we can get there faster."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:56 pm
"Ah, that's a good idea!" Killua said, feigning innocence. "We can't go ahead because we have to follow you, right? So we should just all pick up the pace!"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:03 pm
The man laughed a little "How about you boys just take the test and leave the criteria to the experts alright.?

"Awww, alriiiiight" Gon complained, disappointed, but looked down at his boots as they ran. with a slight tilt of his head, Gon looked back over at Killua "Hey, Killua!"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:15 pm
Killua gave a small click of his tongue and let the matter drop - for now. Annoying a person was an art that took patience and finesse; he'd learned it well from years of dealing with his brother. He directed his blue eyes to Gon as he was addressed, "Hm? What is it?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:46 pm
Gon arched his eyebrows when Killua answered, a determined smile feathering his lips "We should race, when we get to the end we should see who crosses it first."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:50 pm
Killua made a sound of interest, a small grin spreading in his features. "Sure, I'll take you up on that," he said. "But just so you know, if it's a footrace, I definitely won't lose!"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:00 pm
"Whaaat?" Gon said with a little surprise, though it was hard to hide the excitement in his eyes at the challenge.
"I'll definitely be the one who wins." he protested, allowing his grin to broaden.

This other boy seemed like he was really skilled, Gon didn't know the extent of his ability, even so he felt like a race with him would be a lot of fun and pretty challenging. Still, that didn't mean Gon had any intention of losing.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:30 am
"Oh yeah? We'll see about that!" Killua challenged, and he glanced down to the pokemon running beside him, "You better not fall behind, Zorua."

The dark-type looked up, appearing undauted. He was very sure that he could keep up at least as well as his human charge.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:16 am
Gon too, looking back up to his Treecko "Alright, you ready Treecko?"

"Tree Tree!" The pokemon answered with matching enthusiasm, hunkering down and clinging to the swaying rod.

The man that was leading the group let out a soft strained noise, and seemed to run a little more stiffly then he had been previously.

Over the course of the test, several more of the applicants dropped out, unable to keep up with the endurance run. and by the time they had stepped off of the bike path, the group was suddenly slowed, and stopped as the leader ended their run just before the entrance of the forest.

The evaluator took a few moment to catch his breath, placing his hands on his lower back and pacing back and forth a little before he looked back at everyone else who was gasping and panting. including the two children who... were somehow still keeping up.

Gon's face lit up, as this seemed to be the ending, wasting no time in kicking up his speed, still keeping in time with Killua though this time he was going to try and overtake the other boy and win the race!
breathing heavily, and sweating from the exercise, but with a face that was bright with thrill the small black haired boy burst past the instructor, feeling the dirt under his boots as they finally stepped off of the pavement.
"YEAAH!" Gon cheered, throwing a hand up into the air "I won!"  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:13 pm
Killua gave a final burst as well, leaping past the examiner almost simultaneously with Gon - in fact, when Gon proclaimed himself the winner, Killua readily objected, "No way! I was definitely first!" He swept the back of his wrist across the back of his forehead to wipe the accumulated sweat before the cold air got to it, the steady rise and fall of his shoulders subtly indicating that the long run had taken some effort. The Zorua on the ground placed his paws forward and stretched his legs, relaxing his body after the extended period of exercise.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:37 pm
Blood_Goddess
Lungs burned from heavily breathing in the cold air, his legs, though exposed felt unpleasantly warm and tingly, now that he wasn’t moving the cold was starting to seep into his skin through the sweat that dripped from the youth’s tanned face and flushed pink cheeks and nose. But he felt AWESOME! He loved the feeling he got when he really pushed himself, and this was certainly no acceptation.

Treecko, during the last stretch of the run had eventually hopped off of Gon’s fishing pole to run on his own power with his human friend.
The grass type drew up next to Gon as the youth leaned forward to prop himself up on his knees, letting the fishing pole to swing from his shoulder so that the end with the lure now touched the ground instead, giving himself a moment to wind down, taking long beef breaths.

At Killua’s protest, the boy’s brown eyes lifted to the other, his brow furrowing “Nuh- uh, I’m sure I was faster!”

The air was growing thick with heavy breathing as more and more people caught up with the group, more than half had dropped out already, some of the joining youths in a fit of exhaustion fell over onto the ground in relief that they got to stop and gasped in pain.
While a few looked to be recovering fairly well.

Gon and Killua’s competitive disagreement had drawn some of their attention, one of whom was the man who had been leading this test, and he seemed to only be able to balk at the two small children still arguing back and forth.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:43 pm
"And I'm sure I was faster!" Killua dissented, putting his hands on his hips with a huff that both emphasized his disagreement and allowed him to nonchalantly take a deep breath and empty his lungs. He turned to look at the examiner who was staring at them, calling on him to end the dispute, "Hey old man! You were looking, right? Which one of us got here first?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:08 pm
Blood_Goddess
Gon was sure that there wasn’t any way he was slow enough to be beaten, he couldn’t have lost, he was sure of it, he hadn’t seen Killua ahead of him or anything like that. But Killua seemed to opt for a different opinion, and as the examiner was questioned Gon perked himself up off of his knees, waiting expectantly for an answer.
“Yeah, which one?”

The examiner looked a bit taken aback by being put on the spot so suddenly, looking between the boys with a light frown.
“I don’t know, You guys looked like you crossed at the same time.” He said in a dismissive way, turning away from them as if to address the others.

Gon blinked, straightening himself back up with a final sigh. “Oh...really?” He asked, looking back at Killua with a thoughtful look. “well… Hmmm…”

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff