Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Local talent [Lex & Taavi] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:10 pm
"Ooh, a few of them. At the moment, I have a Serperior, I got her from a friend when her Meganium father a clutch of eggs. And a Flareon who was a gift from my sister." Lex took a slow drink of his cider. "I been looking for a Feebas."

"Mmhm, ooh, no. I don't feel right giving them a nickname when they might change their mind later on as they grow." Lex brushed back a bang. "And they can't really tell me what they want to be called and it sort of embarrassing reading names out of a baby book."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:19 pm
"Heh, well they could now," Taavi replied, brushing his own hair back again in an unconscious mirror of Sasha's gesture. "I mean, if you can find somebody who understands the type that is. I'd feel weird just calling Valour Braviary and I think he likes his name but, um, it would suck to be stuck with a name you didn't like. Heh. Anyone who's been given a name they hate by their parents would probably agree. It sounds like you've got a neat little group there though! Um, and it's so worth the effort of working with a Feebas. A lot of people aren't prepared to make the effort for pokemon like them though, they just want the big strong pokemon right now! Like that's going to end well. But you raised your Serperior from the egg then? I'd like a chance to do that with a pokemon some day." One day, when he had the time and the money and the space to do right by a young pokemon. Might be a while then.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:29 pm
"I have meet a few trainers like that. The stronger the pokemon the better and why raise a pokemon from a weak stage when you could have something powerful now." Clancy, Clancy, Clancy. Powerful only worked if you had the experience and bond to back it.

"I did, it was difficult but I think we have a tighter relationship for it." Lex finished his cup and set it aside. "Do you sometimes wonder what it would be like to talk to pokemon?" He asked. "Now that it is shown that it could happen? Sometimes I think about it and try to figure out what type I would want to understand."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:40 pm
Only all the time! "Yeah!" Taavi replied with an enthusiastic nod, which he felt was probably a slightly saner response than the first one that had come into his mind. "I mean that's part of why I came here, um, I mean it's part of The Egg and that's why I came here, if that makes sense? I guess they're tied up together. But, yeah, I mean understanding pokemon? That's like... that's," he waved his hands helplessly as he looked for the right words, "that's the holy grail for anyone who loves them, right? We all want to have the best bond possible, and actually understanding their speech? I mean that would change so much! Imagine being able to understand why a group of pokemon were angry in their own words rather than just interpreting as best you can from their behaviour and gestures? I... well I'm trying not to get my hopes up about any specific type but it's hard not to. I mean no matter what type it would be amazing to understand but... well I guess I'd really like to understand flying types or normal types so that Valour and I could actually talk. I mean I understand him but we can't have a conversation you know? But, um, yeah I'm trying not to get my hopes up and there's no guarantee it'll happen at all of course." Was he worthy of a gift like that? After everything that had happened, the stupid things he'd done probably not. He'd thought he was doing right, he'd meant well, but what had 'meant well' ever counted for?

Taavi too was now at the bottom of his drink and he'd finished his food too. More cider? He didn't like most alcohol - though he'd drink it anyway on the rare occasions he drank - but that had been good. "Um... Would you like to get another drink before the first set? And, um, I babbled a lot again there; what about you?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:00 pm
"It is rather difficult to choose. If I wanted to talk to someone on my team I would need Fire, Grass, Poison, or Flying but then I would feel like I'm excluding them... I've thought about having Normal, since it would allow me to talk to a lot of pokemon." Lex gave a small frown. "I guess we will just have to wait till it happens, if it happens."

"That would be wondeful, did you want to get them while I saved our table? I could pay for the round, if that is alright with you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:07 pm
"Oh! Um, really?" Oh. He didn't feel like he should accept, it wasn't fair on Sasha, but Sasha had offered and he couldn't really afford to be doing this so.... Well what was the harm right? Taavi smiled and nodded. "Um, thank you then, that's very kind of you! Sure, I'll go to the bar, do you want the same again?"

It was a bit busy up at the bar but the staff were efficient and so soon enough he returned with another cider for himself, Sasha's requested drink, and his change. "Here! Um, and thanks again." People didn't usually buy drinks for him but then he guessed he'd never really done the whole 'going out' thing before he'd come here. He should do it more often.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:12 pm
"That would work," Lex wasn't overly picky and hard ciders were delicious. He smiled and took his change, placing it back in his wallet and slid it down into his pants pocket. "It is no big deal Taavi, it's just a cider."

"So, who is up first?" He motioned to the stage and the crew setting up.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:20 pm
Well, yes it was just a cider but it was one that he couldn't really afford that had been bought for him by somebody he had - to be fair - just met, Sasha hadn't had to do that. "Still, thanks," Taavi insisted with a smile, taking a sip of his fresh drink.

Humm, and who was first? He'd checked the lineup before he came out, he knew The Hellenes were third.... "Oh, it's Grasp the Thorn first," he said with a nod after a few moments' thought. "They're sort of um... Power metal with some vibes dubstep I think? I haven't heard them before but Gary said they're pretty good." Power metal! Who knew he liked that?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:37 pm
"Hmm, I do like some metal, but I haven't heard it mixed with dubstep," Lex tipped his head, looking over the band. "We'll just have to see, though I'm glad I brought my steel toe boots. Might end up needing them to get through the night after all."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:42 pm
"Heh, right? Um, I haven't got steel toes but these are pretty good boots. So long as nobody too big jumps on me I should be okay!" Was there going to be dancing? He'd danced last time he was here, badly he was sure but he'd had fun. Maybe when they'd finished these drinks? He didn't want to make an assumptions though.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:47 pm
"That is good, nothing is worst then to start dancing with someone and then partway through have to stop because of inappropriate footwear." Lex gave a soft hum, running his finger of the edge of the cup. "Did you want to dance?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:53 pm
Well that answered that internal question! "Um, yeah! Sure! I'll just uh, have some more of my drink so I don't spill it? That would not be awesome." Dancing was good! And... with Sasha? How did you do that exactly? He'd never been to any school dances, and never had a chance to learn since but... but it couldn't be that complicated right? People did it all the time and he was agile, quick on his feet and all of that. No problem then? Um. Was that what Sasha had meant? The soft noise and the way he trailed his finger around the rim of his cup gave him the impression that it was that sort of an invitation? And that was okay, right? It was the sort of thing people did, went out at met people at bars and danced with them. He just felt a little... a little... outclassed? Was that it? He didn't want to make a fool of himself.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:07 pm
Lex chuckled, sipping his drink as he watched Taavi. He was cute and well, he wasn't above having a fling if it happens. He wasn't sure that was what Taavi wanted, he was rather over thinking things.

"Have you danced before? With friends? Unless you want this to be a fling, because that opens a lot of different possibilities when it comes to dancing." Lex grinned and sipped his drink.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:21 pm
Well this time he managed not to choke on his drink, just about. "Wuh- Um. What? I. Um. Well I haven't really... danced a lot. I mean, like, at people's parties a bit I guess but? Um. Not... not a lot and not for a long time...." Like fling fling? He had no idea what to make of the suggestion... was it a suggestion? Sasha was grinning at him. So, wait, what Sasha wanted to... dance with him? Sleep with him? Something in between? 'Possibilities'; what were those exactly? "I... had not thought about that," Taavi managed honestly after a few moments of baffled silence. "I mean, about... either? I hadn't thought, I mean I hadn't expected... I- I um.... Um... whhhhy do you ask? I mean. You're asking because you're... interested?" In him? Yes Sasha had said he was cute, and charming, but... well suggesting a fling was a bit more than either of those.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:36 pm
Lex coughed slightly, eyes gleaming as Taavi babble and paused, catching his thoughts and breath. He didn't want to laugh at him. "I'm rather blunt, sorry, but yeah, I'm interested in you, you are cute and I wouldn't mind if things ended up a bit past making out in some dark corner tonight."

"But, I am also really, really pagan, and consent is important. And well, dancing can also end up being a lot like sex, depending on how much skin contact happens."

"But, do I want to dance with you? Yes. Do I want to make you uncomfortable? No. Am I a bit impulsive? Horribly so, so I want to get your level of comfortably before I do something stupid like impulsively kiss you during a slow song because I think you are cute."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff