Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[RAFFLE ORP] Season's Savings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:54 am
[Rooftop ice rink - K.O.]

"Yeah, you slide your feet to the side and it brings up ice, though how much comes up is going to depend on the speed your stopping at. I'm horrible at stopping like that. My feet just go nope, and bam, I'm flat on my side." Lex made a face. "So I sort of slow skate till I can grab a wall and walk my way out."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:04 am
[Rooftop ice rink - Lex]

"I think that may be... a little ambitious for me today." Just a little! KO took his hand off the rail again and pushed forward a little, trying to emulate the technique of the people who seemed to be gliding around effortlessly. It would probably help if he wasn't so tense but it was hard not to be tense when you were convinced you were going to fall over any second.

For the time being however KO managed not to fall over and in fact went some distance before grabbing the side again. "Well that was... better." He wanted to do better than that before he quit though! "Any other tips?"

KO watched somebody go past them skating backwards and scowled; what a show off! Ugh, look at them. Of course if KO were capable of skating backwards he would be doing just that but because he couldn't, and felt foolish for how awful he was at this, he resented the people who could. Ugh, well just so long as he managed a lap without holding the side, and managed not to fall over at all he supposed he could consider this a victory?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:30 am
[Citrine]

"Hello Santa," Ion greeted the ice-type politely, his smile still in place, though it brightened a bit when Santa held out a little plastic flower for Jozette. "Ah, that's very kind of you," he said, reaching out to pat his fire-type on the head.

Jozette, who had been about to politely decline the gift, begrudgingly reconsidered her course of action and held out a paw to accept the flower. He knew it wasn't a real flower, right? Maybe he didn't. Oh well, she supposed...

"Oh, I'm sorry," Ion said suddenly and placed a hand on his Ralts's head, "this is Yulia." The little Ralts waved at Citrine, a bright smile on her face. "It has been a while, hasn't it? I've been trying to continue my investigation, but it hasn't been going too well lately," he explained apologetically, even though she wasn't the one who'd be receiving the underwhelming report he'd eventually have to write up and send off. "What have you been up to? Have you been training more?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:33 am
[Rooftop ice rink -K.O.]

Lex wondered how he was suppose to tell someone who didn't want to fall, that falling happened, and being as tense as he was, was just making things worse. "If you feel like you are going to fall, try squatting down, and if you do fall, keep your hands in a fist so you don't loose fingers."

"But umm, you need to relax a bit, all the tension is messing with your balance and it just going to make you fall." Lex admitted. Rip it off like a band-aid.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:39 am
[Atrium - Dith & Michiko ] [Gabbie]

Oliver wandered back, holding a insulated cup that steamed slightly with a blissful smile. "Mmhm, it is good." And it had just enough cinnamon whiskey to make him happy, even if they had taken a bit to give him back his i.d.

Nero had a small jelly like cake in his mandibles, slowly taking small bites from it. Oliver had stopped to buy the spinarak something from a treats table.

Chibi_Kokoro143

TawnyAngel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:17 pm
[Rooftop ice rink - Lex]

KO made a small noise of disgust, which was directed at physics rather than anyone specific, and shook his head. "How did I know you were going to say that? Alright, relax." Not being relaxed was often a recipe for a bad time. KO exhaled slowly, trying to let the tension in his body go along with it. This was easier said than done but he was at least a little less ramrod stiff when he next let go of the rail. Obviously he was going to have to find somewhere to practice skating so that next time he did it in public he was half decent!

"I think I'm going to need a drink after this," KO observed. After a moment he added; "A drink before might not have been bad actually, that would have relaxed me! Just the one mind you."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:19 pm
BlackFireKitsune
[Ion]

Santa beamed when the flower was acepted. "Aw, I think Santa's trying to make a friend." Citrine chuckled, before her thoughts were interrupted by the introductions of an ADORABLE ralts. "Oh my god, how cute are you! Hi there Yulia." Citrine reached out to gently touch the psychic type's head. "Ion you have the most adorable pokemon." She glanced at Jozette. "Adorable and tough of course. Where did you meet this cutie?" She listened to what Ion had to say about his investigation and felt a little sad for him.

"Oh. Yeah, I've been training a lot. I volunteered for the KSO, so I've been doing almost nothing BUT training. But I've found a few new friends, Like Santa. I'd love to introduce you to them later, if you like."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:36 pm
[Atrium - Dith and Oliver]

Michiko smiled. "Yeah. Im a trainer." A bit of a lie, she was...to an extent. No need for both men to know it is on the criminal side. "I don't have all my pokemon with me," she proceeded to take out a pokeball, "but I do have this guy with me."

Ibarra, her litwick, popped out of his pokeball and squealed in delight and hovered near her, bring warmth. "He is good with a weather like this. The others can't stand the cold."

She nodded at Oliver when he came back and took a big whiff. "That smells good. I think I'll have some later."

TawnyAngel

Shaddaling

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:03 pm
[Atrium - Michiko and Oliver]

"Welcome back!" Dith beamed to Oliver when he returned; anyone would think he was greeting a friend he'd known for years. "And good!" he raised his wine in a toast to Oliver's cider. "This time of the year has the best drinks, no? Too hot to have them any other time of year on this island."

When Ibarra appeared Dith smiled and nodded a greeting. "Hello there! Yes, I can see that he would be, Gabbie is the same," Dith nodded again, "but some of the others are less fond. I haven't been able to get Teazer - my Liepard - to go outside for nearly a month! Going to the trainers' centres in her pokeball is fine but walking outside? No chance. Ah, and you Oliver? I can see you have a Spinarak but not everyone who has a pokemon trains, da? I've found myself spending a lot more time on it over the last few years than I used to... well not that that is actually hard, but what I mean is that I've ended up doing it quite a lot overall." He was proud of how his team was coming along; training up at the northern centre with other volunteers and with KSO officers really made a difference.

Chibi_Kokoro143
Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:25 pm
[Atrium - Michiko and Dith]

Oliver sipped his cider to keep from replying to that comment. He gave a noncommittal hmm instead, letting the conversation wash above him for a moment. He did turn an interested eye to the litwick. Ghost pokemon, made no sense. Was it possessing a candle, did it just camouflage itself as a candle. Who knew.

"Mmh, no, I'm a student." Which was true enough. "I'm hoping to get in a laboratory working on antivenoms." Or explosions, but his love of demolitions tended to make people uneasy. He never understood why though.

Chibi_Kokoro143
TawnyAngel

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:49 pm
Lural

BlackFireKitsune

Sales were great when you had little to no money, especially massive after holiday sales. Normally Izumi would have nothing to do with a crowd the size of which had gathered at the mall, but there were deals that were too good to pass up on her budget. Tools--That was what the diminutive woman was after. Jewelry was where she ended up, swept away from her destination by the overwhelming masses and her distinct lack of a backbone or will to say anything other than "Oh, s-sorry." when other people ran into her.

This was a mistake, she concluded. Yes, there were savings, but she'd probably die in ocean of bodies before she could get to them. Somehow she spotted a clearing near the store where fewer people were gathered and began to make a break for it.

Her journey was mostly a success, though a large man sidestepped into her as she exited the crowd, causing Izumi to lose her balance and land arms first on the floor next to a Delibird and fuzzy fox pokemon on two legs and their trainers.

"Oof-- "  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:12 pm
[Citrine, Izumi]

Ion smiled as well when Jozette accepted the flower - albeit dubiously - and pulled off her backpack to drop the plastic gift into its depths before she slid the bag back into place. Maybe she could toss it later, or maybe Albiore would want to play with it or something...

Yulia smiled up at Citrine and waved once more, for good measure. "I found her outside of Camphoreon," Ion explained as he wrapped his other arm around Yulia. "She'd been injured in a battle, so I brought her to the pokemon center to have her healed. Rather than go back to the forest after, though, she followed me back to my apartment instead."

His eyebrows rose a bit when she mentioned volunteering for the KSO - she looked so young, though - but he nodded and smiled encouragingly. "That's wonderful. I bet you've grown a lot stronger since I saw you last. Ah, I would love to see your new friends," Ion said with another smile and nod, idly wondering what new pokemon she'd found besides Santa. "Maybe we could--"

Out of the corner of his eye he saw someone fall to the ground, so he quickly turned and moved to Izumi's side, offering one arm to her. "Are you all right, miss?" He asked, immediately concerned both for her health and for her safety; with such large crowds of people, it wouldn't be too far-fetched for someone on the ground to accidentally get stepped on. Jozette quickly joined her trainer, not to help the girl on the floor but to instead dissuade any nearby humans that may have been thinking to push past him or knock him over. They didn't need two humans falling on the floor, and especially not hers.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:14 pm
[Ion/Izumi]

"Oh! What a cute little DARLING Yulia is!" She loved that story. Following Ion home... that was just so ADORABLE! And... kind of like Santa. She smiled, looking up at Ion when he said Citrine had probably gotten stronger. Ah, he wanted to see her new pokemon? She couldn't let Betty out in here, but...

Before she could finish the thought, and before Ion could finish talking, Someone seemed to faceplant near by. "Oh Arceus! Are you ok?" She was right behind Ion to go see if this person was alright. "Do you need a hand up?" When Ion offered his arm to the woman, Citrine offered both her hands. Ion had his arms full with Yulia after all. Santa waddled over and loooked over Jozette's tail at the woman before reaching into his tail-bag and pulled out a (melted and warm) ice pack to offer to the woman.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:49 am
Ion/Citrine

"Ahh... T-Thank you..." The girl stammered out as two strangers rushed to help. "P-people are being v-very pushy..." She reached out with both hands, grasping onto one offered limb of each trainer--One of which would notice that the hand under the glove was much harder and cooler than a regular hand, and with a firm grip.

Izumi smiled sheepishly at the two people who had helped her after she was on her feet again. It took her a moment to realize one of the pokemon was offering her something. "Oh... Um... Thanks." She took the luke warm ice pack, not wanting to hurt the pokemon's feelings after it was trying to help.

She had yet to realize that the fox pokemon was a fire type, her mind being a bit preoccupied with what was going on, and there being no readily visible flame.  

Sao Kasai

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:58 am
[Atrium - Michiko and Oliver]

"Oh? Anti venoms eh?" Dith's eyebrows rose slightly in mild surprise and he gave an approving nod. "What part of the process is your interest in? I'm not really all that familiar with how they're made but," Dith made a vague gesture with his cup, "I know you have to get the venom first, then inject it into another animal, then you are harvesting the blood, and purifying it? Annnd there are different methods, jealously guarded secrets of different drugs companies and all of that. A lengthy process but certainly invaluable, I swear I can't count the number of times I've seen trainers who were careless - or just unlucky - coming in and needing a shot of this anti-venom or that one. Luckily we have a good stock of the more common and err... widely applicable anti-venoms? But for the more exotic ones it can be tricky, luckily it very seldom comes up but once we had to wait almost an entire day for Dragalge anti-venom. That was tense, I can tell you! Luckily it was not my case during the waiting part though, I just had to do the initial patching up of the poor kid."

Chibi_Kokoro143
Shaddaling

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas