Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Bobbing for Apples Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm
...Hu. Zevran frowned slightly, Abel had sounded pretty keen on food earlier but he'd changed his mind? It must be a long time since he'd had breakfast by now so surely he was hungry? "Are you feeling alright?" Zevran asked with a hint of concern, declining to answer Abel's question for now.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:04 pm
Oh shoot, and now he was going to ask about why he didn't want food anymore... Crap. "Yeah I'm fine," he said, eyebrows raising a bit, then shrugged as if that would help his pitiful case. "I'm mostly just thirsty right now, is all." Yep, just thirsty for some free water. Ugh, why didn't he think about food before? He could've brought some snacks or.. Oh who was he kidding, they couldn't afford to have snacks sitting around for whenever they needed food. Damn.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:41 pm
"Ahh... Well okay then," Zevran said slowly, still frowning a little bit as he spoke. "There is a drinks stall just there," he gestured, "two dollars a bottle is a bit steep though! I think I might have soda, it's cheaper." Abel didn't look unwell or anything so he couldn't guess why it was he'd suddenly decided he didn't want food, it was very strange and warranted further probing. "Some of the stalls do deals I think, food and a drink, which might work out cheaper again," he added as he tried to decide how best to prod at Abel's slightly odd behaviour.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:50 pm
"Man, at that steep a price I'm not thirsty then either! Nah, for real though I'll find a water fountain somewhere or something, I'm not paying that much for a bottle of water." No, that was too expensive even if he did have money to spare - which he didn't. "Deals are always good though. What d'you think you'll get?" Maybe he would stop asking questions. At this point, though, he thought that about as likely as money randomly appearing in his pockets.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:55 pm
"A water fountain where?" He hadn't seen any, had Abel seen any? Somehow he suspected that this was not the case. So. For some reason Abel first changed his mind about wanting food and then he changed his mind about wanting water too, something was definitely going on here... involving money? Was that what this was about?

Zevran exhaled softly, running a hand back over his still wet hair and looking up at Abel with slightly confused concern. "Ah, I'm not sure," he said after a pause. "Perhaps I won't get food just now after all, ¿it is more companionable to eat in company si? I'm not starving just yet, perhaps we can eat after we do a few more things. We might even find a water fountain in the meantime."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:59 pm
"Uh." s**t. "Somewhere?" Smooth, real smooth. Abel frowned as well, trying to recall if he'd seen one somewhere. Surely there had to be one somewhere since he had dedicated himself to this course, but he couldn't remember passing by one. The only water he'd seen was the pond, and he wasn't about to drink from that. "I'll find one somewhere, it's no big deal. And if you're hungry now you should eat, don't let me hold you up. You said you were hungry, yeah?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:13 pm
"Somewhere," Zevran repeated levelly, "I see." He sighed again and tried to decide what to do next, he by no means wanted to insult or embarrass Abel but he wasn't going to just let him not eat and drink.

"You are being evasive my friend," Zevran began again after a short pause, "and before you cut me off!" he raised a placating hand. "I'm not going to ask any questions about why, but if I were to buy food and drink for both of us would you accept it?" There. A little blunt perhaps but he was not the best at talking his way around delicate issues, he would much rather make lewd insinuations all day but he wasn't going to just let this go.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:28 pm
Abel frowned. "That's not--" He paused when Zevran held his hand up, and his frown only deepened. Was he being evasive? Yes, yes he was, and he'd been hoping Zevran would either accept it or just.. not notice it? Of course he'd notice it though, and apparently of course he was going to address it. Abel kind of wished he wouldn't, but too late now.

"I..." Can't accept that? I'm not hungry right now? I don't need to eat? Bullshit, all of it. He didn't want to accept it, but he knew perfectly well he'd need to eat at some point during the day, even with how atrocious his diet had been for so long. With a sigh he reached his free hand up to rub the back of his neck for a moment, shifting his gaze down to Isaac in the meantime, then ceded with some difficulty, "Yeah, I would. It's.. I'm just a little broke at the moment, is all." Well, at the very least it was true he was broke at the moment. A lot of moments.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:38 pm
That had gone pretty well he thought! Why it was that Abel was broke despite working so much remained a mystery but not one that needed attention right now; Zevran flashed a bright smile up at Abel and tucked his wet hair behind his ear on the right side. "Then we will say no more about it and I will fetch us something nice. Can you see if there are any benches to sit and eat while I go?"

Once they had parted for the time being Zevran found himself thinking again, there was something more than just Abel being broke or at least so he was beginning to suspect. Perhaps his own life experiences had skewed his perceptions but there were a couple of things now that just seemed not right; this today, and Alyssa's... well just Alyssa in general.

What he could do about it other than ruminate on it however he had no idea and so he just bought a pulled pork roll, a double cheeseburger, two orders of fries, and two large bottles of water before heading off to see where Abel had ended up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:50 pm
Zevran seemed to smile so easily, with no effort at all. Abel returned the smile with his own much more subdued one that took a bit more effort, because he would've felt bad if he didn't at least try. Ah? "Oh, sure," he agreed readily, glad that he could help at least a bit, even if only to find a table for them. When Zevran walked off to go find food for them, Abel turned to scan the area for somewhere suitable, though his mind wandered elsewhere. He'd have to find some way to thank him, or to repay the favor, or something. Zevran paying for gas because Abel was driving him somewhere he wanted to go was one thing - even if Abel had wanted to go too - but buying him lunch because he was broke was quite another, even if he didn't seem inclined to probe for details just yet.

Once Zevran acquired food, he would be able to spot Abel not too far off. Not only had he found a nice table for them to sit at, he'd managed to find one with an umbrella to shield them from the sun - even if it wasn't terribly hot out. Isaac had hopped up into his lap, while both large plushies had been carefully set in a chair beside him. As he'd found the table a few moments ago, Abel had been glancing around to try to find his friend, and once he spotted him he flashed him a smile and a wave to attract his attention.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:55 pm
Zevran would have waved back but he had both hands full of food; the drinks were hanging around his neck stuck to either end of a length of Amigo's silky-stringy stuff. "Good spot!" Zevran said as he set the two meals down, followed by the water once he'd peeled the string off. "There is pulled pork or a cheeseburger, I like both! If you don't have a preference I will pick at random," he said, taking a fry from one of the two boxes and munching on it. Ah, but Abel didn't look as happy as he had a short while ago; he was smiling but it didn't reach his eyes. He was definitely going to have to cheer him up again one way or another, or perhaps several ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:10 pm
"I thought so too," Abel said as he scooted his chair over a bit to make room for his friend so he could set down the food and sit. "Oh, options, huh? I'm fine with either too, so you pick. I'm gonna pick this fry though," he said as he copied Zevran and grabbed a single fry to eat first. Since both water bottles were identical, he reached for one of them at random. Once he pulled it close, he held it in front of him with both hands, looking down at it rather than the shorter blond. "And.. thank you. I appreciate it." A simple thanks would have to suffice for now, until he could think of - or afford - a better way to thank him.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:17 pm
"De nada; it's nothing, or you're welcome?" Zevran shrugged, grinned, and shoved the pulled pork roll towards Abel. "The first is the more direct translation but the meaning of both are fitting. Anyway," he paused to chew on another fry, "there are still a couple of things here I would like to do when we have eaten; the corn maze and the ferris wheel. I have never actually been into a corn maze before; fun with getting lost? Or perhaps pushing off the beaten track and then frightening passers by?" He grinned. "Or then again other activities, but vertical ones because I don't imagine the cornstalks are especially comfortable."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:47 pm
He accepted the sandwich that was pushed towards him with another 'thanks,' grateful both for the food as well as Zevran's acceptance of the situation. He wasn't asking anymore questions, and had seemingly moved past it entirely to focus on other things. It was nice, though he couldn't help but feel a bit bad for it... He'd definitely need to find a way to repay him.

"Either sounds good to me. I never learned any Spanish," he admitted with a shrug and a self-deprecating smile. "I learned a lot of things, but Spanish wasn't one of them." What other things? Hmm... The blond passed a fry to Isaac who happily munched on it, then ate another one himself as he mulled it over. "Corn mazes can be fun, though I hope no one's gonna try to jump out and scare us. I'd rather not get kicked out of the fair for punching someone, and I'd rather not be punched myself, so scaring others probably isn't the best idea... Plus that works best if it's at night when it's too dark for them to see you. Cornstalks are pretty tall, but it's not exactly the best place to hide in broad daylight. And no," he said with a smirk, "I don't think cornstalks are comfortable enough for that sort of thing."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:44 pm
"Well it was easy for me, it was my first language," Zevran chuckled. "English followed easily enough, it is a ah... a trade tongue I suppose you could say? Most everyone in Thedas speaks it passably, or at least anyone who ever leaves their own little backwater town." He took another bite of his burger and shrugged expressively, it had hardly taken any effort on his part and though he was often prone to showing off that was only when it was fun to do so and he couldn't see an entertaining way to spin this one.

"I suppose it would be nice for us not to get thrown out of somewhere again," Zevran replied to Abel's thoughts with a smirk."I do not think that is the sort of thing that should become a regular bonding activity no matter how hilarious it was the first time." It had been good luck running into Abel in the middle of that storm, he really was excellent company.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff