[Fin] Home for Christmas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:16 pm
Honestly Taavi was glad that their conversation had been cut off, he didn't have anything fun to say about Team Rocket. Had Abel done that intentionally? He hadn't been watching to see. Either way he was glad though and just as glad to head towards the house, he hadn't dressed for being outdoors for too long!

When the door opened Taavi beamed at Isaac's enthusiastic reaction and then gave a shy wave as the woman he guessed was Abel's mom appeared. "Um, sorry ma'am I was keeping Daniel talking. Thank you!" He'd wait for Abel or Daniel to lead and then follow one of them, that seemed best.

Somewhere far away it didn't go unnoticed that Abel's text had rather more words than was usual. Perhaps it even caused a smile.

//I look good in everything! All is well here. I am just about to putting bread in the oven, an experiment.// A picture of a rounded piece of dough with tapered ends and diagonal slashes came along with the text. A moment later this was followed by; //put//

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:59 am
Abel felt his phone buzz in his pocket but left it for now. Instead he ascended the steps after Sonia, and Isaac immediately hopped out of the woman's arms. She threw them around Abel the next moment and hugged him tightly, and he returned the embrace gladly. When she finally relinquished her grip she stepped back and motioned to Taavi, still beaming happily, her pale blue eyes glistening with could have been tears maybe. "That's alright Taavi dear, come here. It's good to finally meet you," she said, her voice earnest and eager with no hesitation over his name like Daniel had.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:10 am
Both of them had got his name right!

Taavi headed up the steps still smiling broadly but at the top he stopped uncertainly and tucked a braid of hair behind his ear; did they shake hands or hug? "Um, I'm glad to meet you too Ma'am, thank you for having me to stay!" Should he have said that to Daniel too? Argh! No, no, it was okay they wouldn't mind, they were nice and there was nothing to worry about.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:02 pm
The woman brightened at his words as she reached out to pull him into a warm hug. "You're more than welcome dear, I'm glad you could come visit!" The embrace wasn't quite as long or tight as the one she'd given Abel, and when she stepped back she reached for her son's arm and beamed at them both. "Alright, come in! Lunch is all ready, it's on the dining room table waiting for you." With that, she firmly ushered them both inside.

The front door led them into a small central entryway that branched in several directions; to the left was a living room, a dining room to the right, the kitchen straight ahead and a set of stairs leading up to the second floor against the left wall. While each room varied a bit in decor, almost everything followed the same general pattern; Pokémon themes abound with lots of bright, welcoming colors, both in pictures hanging on the walls and in various tasteful figures placed in strategic locations. The house itself was tidy and clean, but not immaculate or sterile; a cozy lived-in feeling persisted all throughout, from the comfortable and well-worn furniture to the carpeting that had showed a slightly worn path where people walked over it most. Several mild-smelling candles burned away in various places around the home, but the most prominent scent was that of the Christmas tree set up in a corner of the living room, bedecked with all manner of colorful lights and ornaments both store-bought and hand-made, and a bright star nestled at the very top of it.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:16 pm
Hug! Okay that was fine by him! Taavi returned the warm embrace and then smiled and nodded when he was released. "Right! Thank you! Um, do we leave boots anywhere? And bags?" he didn't want to put them in the wrong place, or wear boots indoors if he wasn't meant to but equally he didn't want to take them off if Abel's family would think that was weird.

Although he was worrying a bit Taavi still had enough attention to spare to look around the house with interest, everything seemed just as welcoming as Abel's parents had been! "Oh, the tree is lovely!" Taavi gestured towards it as he spotted it, as though they didn't know where their own tree was! "I like real trees; the fake ones just um, just don't smell right. Right?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:57 pm
"Oh, right behind the door is fine for now," she replied easily, gesturing behind the door where a couple pairs of footwear sat somewhat haphazardly, "and you can set your things down right here. After lunch Abel can show you the guest rooms you'll be staying in where you can keep your things; they're upstairs.. Oh! I'm sorry dear, where are my manners? I'm Joanna, Abel's mom - obviously - but you can call me Mom if you'd like. Lunch is on the table too." So saying she gestured them towards the dining room where several large plates and bowls of food rested; soup, slices of homemade bread, small sandwiches and salad. "I wasn't sure what you'd like or how hungry you boys would be, so I made sure to make plenty for everyone. I hope you're hungry!"

"I'm starving," Abel responded with feeling as he and Sonia set his things down near the wall, and he toed off his shoes.

Daniel stepped in behind the younger pair and shut the door with a broad grin. "Me too!"

"Could you go get Aaron for me, dear? I think he's still out at the barn," Joanna asked, glancing at and touching her husband's arm; he nodded and headed through the hall where he vanished into the kitchen. A moment later a door creaked open before shutting. Turning to the pair again she smiled and motioned towards the dining room, "You both get started, you don't have to wait for them to get back."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:26 pm
Okay he definitely liked it here. Calling Abel's mom Mom would feel a bit weird but that fact that she'd offered made him feel welcome, well more than he already had which was plenty to start with. "Thanks!" Taavi replied as he removed his sneakers and set them neatly next to the other footwear.

"Oh, wow, starving's a common name right? Because I'm also starving!" Taavi continued with an only slightly nervous laugh as he swung his pack off his shoulder and put it beside Abel's. "And that all sounds really good, thank you!" As did not waiting! After only a moment of hesitation Taavi headed into the dining room, and then hesitated because he didn't know where he should sit. "Um, is anywhere fine or do people have usual chairs?" Better to ask than just stand around looking dumb right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:10 pm
Abel chuckled as he ruffled Sonia's mane between her ears and took off his coat before hanging it in the coat closet a little further down the hall, just past the dining room. "Oh sit anywhere, it doesn't matter. Dad usually sits at the head of the table for dinner, but anywhere else anytime else is fair game. D'you want any help Mom?" This asked as his mother bustled past the both of them back into the kitchen, though she shook her head with a warm smile on the way.

"No no, you both sit and eat, you must be hungry. I don't know what sort of food they have on those boats, but I guarantee it isn't nearly as good as a home-cooked meal. So sit! What would you both like to drink?" As she spoke, she opened the fridge to peer inside. "We have lots to choose from; water, a few sodas, a couple kinds of beer, a pitcher of lemonade, and plenty of iced tea. I could make coffee too, if you'd like."

The younger blond halted in the act of pulling out two chairs to give due consideration to such an important choice. "I'll take iced tea please; thanks Mom." Once both chairs were pulled out, Isaac immediately hopped up into one. Abel grabbed a small saucer and spooned some soup into it before placing the dish in front of the Espeon, then gestured to the table with the soup spoon and said just in case Taavi was still hesitating, "Help yourself!"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:19 pm
"Oh um, ice tea would be great thank you!" Taavi agreed as he sat down beside Abel, he felt a bit guilty for not going to help but if Joanna said she was fine he wasn't about to get underfoot. Anyways he was starving and only too happy to serve himself some soup once Abel gestured to it. "Ooh this smells amazing," he said with an appreciative sigh as he spoon it out and then took a piece of bread, you couldn't have soup without bread.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Shooting Taavi a bright smile, Abel began helping himself to food from the table - some sandwiches, soup and bread at first - before passing one of the meatier sandwiches to Sonia for her to eat. As she and Isaac began eating their food, Joanna returned with two tall glasses that she set down for them. "There! Now where... ah!"

Before she could even finish her sentence a door creaked open, two pairs of feet deliberately stomped around for a few seconds, and after a few more seconds passed, Daniel appeared in the entryway, his expression brightening as his eyes swept across the table. Joanna didn't give him time to speak or move before she ushered him towards a chair. "Go on, sit down and eat! Aaron, dear, come say hello!"

Daniel obediently moved to get himself a plate and a chair to sit in; behind him another blond - a little shorter, his hair a little longer, his frame a little wider and more muscular, and with their mother's bright, pale blue eyes set in a face more like their father's than Abel's - hesitated in the doorway a moment or two before he circled the table to give his brother a hug. A white-ruffed Jolteon, whorls of sea green curving through its deep blue fur, zipped into the dining room and under the table, where it brushed past Taavi's legs and halted at the chair Isaac sat on. The Espeon eagerly ducked down to greet it. "Hey man, good to see you," the elder sibling said earnestly as he stood to give his brother a tight hug and a pat on the shoulder.

"Yeah, likewise," Aaron replied promptly, and the embrace ended just as promptly as Abel sat back down to eat. His younger brother stood there awkwardly a moment, not because the hug had been too short or anything, but because he hesitated rather visibly over their guest. The warmth and comfortable familiarity he had shown his brother vanished, instead replaced by uncertainty and a tinge of discomfort as he addressed his brother's friend. "You must be - uh - Taavi?" Just like his father earlier, the youngest blond hesitated over the name he tried his best to pronounce properly.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:03 pm
Okay, family member number three! Taavi smiled as Aaron entered and then a little more as the two brothers hugged, seeing Abel with his family really was nice. The family moment soon passed however because yep, here he was! Feeling as awkward as Aaron looked.

Taavi got quickly to his feet and held out a hand in greeting. "Um, hi! Yes! That's me! Nice to meet you! Um, what's Jolteon's name? Because I'm also pleased to meet them! These are Valour," the Braviary sitting behind Taavi's chair squawked, "Swift, Aurelia, and Nebula," the pair of Vulpix and Eevee occupying a chair together, in a rather cramped fashion, "and Dawn, and Strikes the Sky." The last two mentioned were standing either side of Valour, and they greeted Aaron with synchronised nods. "Whew!" Taavi smiled awkwardly, "I think I remembered everyone there!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:54 pm
Aaron reached out to grip Taavi's hand and give it a firm, brief shake. "Nice to meet you too. All of you," he added as he studied each pokemon in turn, his demeanor brightening just a tad as he focused on the pokemon. It brightened further, a smile even sneaking its way onto his face, as he glanced down to the electric-type that had eagerly shoved its nose into Abel's hands. "His name's David."

The named yipped and trotted out from under the table, looking between both humans with his bright, pale green eyes. "Jolt!"

Thump click-click.

"Flareon!"

Ah, well that answered the question he'd been about to pose; a broad smile swept across Abel's face as he set his spoon down. A frantic scrabbling sound erupted from the kitchen a moment or two before a Flareon, its coat swirling with light reds, oranges, yellows and whites, jumped into the entryway. "C'mere, you," the elder sibling said fondly, though the request was unnecessary. The fire-type immediately darted under the table and eagerly pushed its nose into his hands with sounds of excitement. Abel took the opportunity to introduce her so Taavi didn't need to ask. "And this is Delilah."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:05 pm
Ahhhhhh, so many pokemon! Taavi's grin broadened and he waved to the Jolteon and to the Flareon that had just practically flung itself at Abel. "David, Delilah, it's great to meet you too!" They were so gorgeous!

Nebula apparently thought so too; the young Eevee gave an excited yip and jumped down from his chair and bounded towards the pair of eeveeloutions with his tail wagging.

Taavi was still beaming as he peered under the table to watch the pokemon greet one another, but humans! He straightened up fiddling with his hair. "Um, and, your mom just went to get drinks Aaron. Can I err, go find her and tell her what you'd like?" O...kay inside his that had sounded helpful but out loud it sounded weird. "Err... if you... um... Yeah. Hi!" Oh sweet Arceus.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:23 pm
David pranced around Taavi's chair in an excited circle, much more eager around the new person than Aaron was, while Delilah merely shifted to sit between Abel's and Taavi's chairs, her head firmly planted in the former's lap. She offered Nebula an eager bark but otherwise didn't move from under Abel's affectionate hand, though David quickly ducked down to sniff at the Eevee's face curiously.

"Oh, uh," Aaron frowned uncertainly for a few moments, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "No, that's.. that's okay. I can go get my own." So saying, he promptly turned around and beat a hasty but hopefully subtle (it wasn't) retreat into the kitchen.

But then he returned a moment later with two glasses in his hands, one of which he offered to his father before quickly slipping into the chair between him and his brother. Joanna emerged a moment later toting another glass and another plate of sandwiches, both of which she put on the table with a bright smile. "There! Alright, dig in," she prompted without hesitation, gesturing to the group of men around the table as she sat herself down.

Lunch passed slowly and filled with friendly conversation, turned towards work, pokemon and other such things; Abel and his parents asked and answered questions with Joanna posing some to Taavi occasionally to ensure he was as engaged in conversation as he felt comfortable with but not excluded from, though Aaron mostly conversed with his family or stayed quiet. Once finished with their meal, Aaron and Daniel headed back outside while Joanna shooed both Abel and Taavi upstairs to put their things away with the promise she'd clean up after lunch. Upstairs were three bedrooms, a master bedroom, and a bathroom; one bedroom belonged to Aaron while the other two had been turned into guest bedrooms though one had a desk and computer, and Abel let Taavi pick whichever one he wanted to stay in for the duration of their visit.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:41 pm
Lunch was actually great, both the food and the whole experience in general. As the easy conversation flowed, including him on occasion but not too often, Taavi started to relax more and more. Yep, he was definitely glad Abel had asked him along!

Once the delicious food was finished Taavi picked out a guest room at random, as Abel didn't seem to mind, and then hurried to get on some warmer gear before heading outside to meet Daniel.

Honestly he could have spent the rest of the day out there meeting, feeding, and grooming all of the ranch pokemon with Valour hopping along behind him. There were so many of them! And so many of them were friendly! He may have spent quite some time lying on his back under a mound of Growlithe, laughing helplessly as Daniel related a story to him. A little while after that h was surrounded by bleeting Mareep who all wanted attention, which he did his best to give. He walked away from that encounter with his hair standing out like a lampshade from all the static and they'd been just about to go and see the feed barn when Taavi spotted Abel's approaching figure, well he spotted him when Valour had already spotted him and pecked his shoulder to draw his attention anyway.

"Oh! Hi Abel!" Taavi waved at his friend, a huge grin plastered across his face. "We were just going to the feed barn to break into a new reel of hay. What's up?"

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff