Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] A Murder of Crows Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:08 pm
Zevran squeezed back and returned the tentative smile too; they both meant to mean it but the situation they were in strained usually natural expressions at the edges and cast shadows in their eyes. Eventually Zevran let go and picked up his taco again. "After we eat what do you wish to do? We have some hours to kill, usually I would find somewhere safe to rest while the time passed. Would that suit you?"  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:21 pm
When Zev let go Abel's hand slipped away and he picked up his taco again and took a bite. His query earned a brief, somewhat muffled hum before he swallowed his food and added, "That's fine with me; I've done the same plenty of times before." Which... Zevran knew about now. It was still baffling to think that someone else knew - someone that he told, or at least showed - and he was perfectly okay with it.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:25 pm
"Mmh," Zevran nodded understanding, "there is little else to do while you wait for an appointment. We cannot go back to the apartment though, perhaps a motel?" So long as there was somewhere to curl up comfortably with Abel he didn't much care. He didn't much care about anything except Abel getting out of this alright, and that meant that he had to as well... That was a lie, he cared about other things but he couldn't have it both ways.

Abel's phone buzzed again at last; //Okay. Please be careful.// And then after a momentary pause; //Love you man.//

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:42 pm
"Mmh, a motel could work, or even just on a rooftop somewhere I think, no one'll pass by on a rooftop. We can find somewhere to chill for a few hours, no problem," he said after finishing off the last of his first taco. There were no shortages of places they could go to spend a few hours, though somewhere inexpensive and nearby the warehouse would be preferable...

The buzz of his phone attracted his attention once more, so with a thoughtful frown he picked it up to read it. His expression promptly fell from 'stressed and vaguely curious' to 'stressed and somewhat guilty'. //You too man, and we will be.// After a few moments he typed out and sent a second message: //I'll text you later//

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:47 pm
//OK//

Zevran watched Abel's expression change and tried to think of something reassuring to say but anything he said would ring hollow; they were going to meet a group of professional killers who wanted him dead, and who wouldn't care about collateral damage. Perhaps he should just have left Kodo after all but it was rather too late for that now.

"Yes, anywhere will do," Zevran agreed and then fell silent as he started to eat again.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:26 am
Poor Taavi, he couldn't blame him for being worried about them... Did he have an inkling of how dangerous it would be? Probably, given the tone and content of his messages. Damn... Unfortunately there was nothing he could do about it at the moment, so Abel pocketed his phone again with a nod and a quiet agreement for his boyfriend, then set about finishing off his tacos.

Once he'd finished a little while later - or as much as he really cared to eat at the moment - the taller blond glanced up across the table at Zevran. "D'you wanna check the messages on the phone again before we head out?" He couldn't help but be at least a little curious about what might be on it still, or if Taliesen would agree to the time and place Zev offered or if he'd try to suggest his own.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:53 pm
Zevran pushed his tray away when Abel stopped eating and gave a low, hollow chuckle. "No, I don't," he said as he fetched out Callisto's phone and turned it on.

Once the thing had booted up again Zevran clicked on the message app which only showed a '2'; this time was not enough notifications to warrant an emote apparently.

"Ah." Zevran's lips twisted into a smile and he shook his head. "Firstly Taliesen congratulates me on turning the phone back off, and says he thought I was getting careless for a moment. In the second message he agrees the time and place, and tells me to stay sharp. Hu." Zevran frowned as he acknowledged the messages with one of his own and then turned the phone off once more. "Why does he tell me that? Does he want a challenge? Maybe he is only teasing, hard to tell in text sometimes."

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:49 pm
Rather than comment on how Zevran had no desire to check the phone - he couldn't really blame him - Abel quietly pulled the trays and bits of trash together to consolidate in preparation for tossing the lot in a minute or two. The contents of the messages gave him pause though - 'congrats on not being careless!' - and he hummed thoughtfully a moment as he pondered. "I dunno why, but yeah, it can be hard to tell in texts. Mmh." They'd find out in a few hours anyway. Abel gestured to the side, towards the door, "Wanna head out and find somewhere to chill for a while?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:13 pm
"Yes," Zevran got to his feet and shoved the phone back into his pocket, "that I do want to do." He would rather they weren't doing it for the reason they were but closeness to Abel was exactly what he wanted right now.

Some while later Zevran shoved the rather stiff door open and stepped out onto the roof of the building they had selected as their vantage point; a building near the edge of the old industrial estate, taller than those around it so they would not be visible to anyone who was not already on the roof and Estoque had checked that there were no such lurkers.

"Well," Zevran gestured expansively and smiled a shadow of his familiar smirky grin, "behold, a view similar to my own. You can see that these addresses have their charms yes? The city to one side, the sea to the other. I believe the old site has been sold now, the buildings will be knocked down and replaced with expensive apartments. Maybe I will move into one some day? I shall have a balcony with pots of herbs, and grow tomatoes and chillis inside the kitchen by its large windows."

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:36 pm
Abel followed his boyfriend out onto the roof of the building, and Sonia padded after them before trotting off to keep watch. "I see what you mean," the taller blond admitted as he cast his colorful eyes around while he spun in a slow circle, "they definitely have their charms, and you can't beat a view of the ocean like that. Mmh." With his circle finished he walked over to Zevran and wrapped his arms around his waist, offering him a small smile, "I lied, there's one view to beat all views. But a balcony sounds lovely, with herbs and plants and things. A table and chairs too, I'm guessing, so you can sit out there and enjoy the view? Or a few drinks, whichever."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:42 pm
"Mmmmh." Zevran closed his eyes and leaned against Abel, arms tight around his waist as though that could keep him safe. "A table and chairs and a heater for the cold months, of which you have many! And Clara can sit by our feet to keep them warm... My feet. By my feet. Ah. I would like to think that you would be there often in my imaginary apartment but I wouldn't wish to presume..." Zevran trailed off and shrugged, and as his head remained leaned against Abel's shoulder his expression was invisible. "But it is a nice thought, no? I used to play imagining games like that when I was young, looking over Antiva City from one roof or another. Did I tell you that? Sometimes I made myself a grand prince with a fine palace but now... Well, I think I would rather have a modestly luxurious apartment overlooking the sea where we often spend time together. Riches in the heart shine through eyes more than the reflection of gold... Mmh, I do not think that translated very prettily."  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:29 pm
"I'll sit with you on your balcony as often as you want me to... and I've done that before too, once in a while, though I think that translated perfectly." When Zevran leaned into him the taller blond tightened his grip and leaned forward to bury his face into his boyfriend's fine blond hair as he debated whether to voice another thought. Should he? Shouldn't he? If he didn't, would he ever get another chance to? But did he really, really want it? They'd only been dating a few months, he'd only just confessed his feelings less than a whole day ago, it was much too fast, far too fast, and yet he couldn't help feel like if it wasn't fast enough - if he wasn't fast enough - then something would happen to part them too soon, and he'd regret his inaction.

"I ah.. I've thought sometimes," he began rather shyly, speaking into his boyfriend's - his love's - long hair, "that it'd be nice if we lived together -- in the same apartment."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:41 pm
For a moment Zevran stopped breathing and his arms tightened even more around Abel's waist. If they lived together? If it was their balcony? He breathed again but his grip on Abel didn't slacken, he felt almost as though he might slip away if he wasn't careful. "I have thought the same," he replied softly. "I do not know what time is thought right for such a thing but... but perhaps we could discuss it more tomorrow? For now I... well all I can say is that I would like it to be so in the future." Zevran leaned back a little in order to meet Abel's gaze and smiled up at him, a little uncertain perhaps yet not lacking in confidence. "Maybe before our New Year's date? We do have that scheduled in, and I mean to be there for it."  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:55 pm
He... thought the same? No, he shouldn't have been too surprised given the fact Zev lived in a warehouse... But still, he could think all he wanted of living wherever -- the fact he wanted to live with him made all the difference. Grinning brightly, Abel leaned forward to lean his forehead against Zevran's. "I'm not sure a good time for it either - probably not yet, but to hell with that - but.. yeah, tomorrow sounds good. We have our New Years date, and I want to think up something good for our first anniversary.. Plus we have to visit my family this summer, Mom'll never let me hear the end of it if we don't go."  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:01 pm
He had to laugh, low and soft. It was ridiculous that he was having this conversation, that he felt this way and somebody felt that way about him. He was not human in this way, ¿how could he be, he was too hardened for such things... yet he was not.

"We have a lot of plans," he murmured softly, leaning in to press a kiss to Abel's neck. "To see your family in the summer, a trip for the birthday you gave to me, New Years, anniversary... Do all people have so many things so far ahead of them to want?" Was this normal? He had always hated the idea of being normal, so dull, but if this was normality then perhaps he would like a slice of it after all.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff