Welcome to Gaia! ::

[CLOSED work]

Back to Guilds

closed 

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Roleplay, Literate, Semi-Literate 

Reply Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities
Main Academy Building ➣Grand Library Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:07 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Elijah blinked at the boy a few times, a bit perplexed by what he was asking and saying. Did he not know how a library worked? Did he think that the books were just waiting for good homes? Like kittens in need of adoption? It was a curious thought, but wrong none the less. Each book was owned either by himself, or the Academy. When Elijah had first come here, the Library had been half the size…While the Academy did have a budget for acquisitions of new books, the money given to him to purchase new books was minuscule at best. So, Elijah had taken it upon himself to fill the shelves. He had more than enough money and a thirst for the written word. In all honestly, if the books weren’t housed here in the library, they would have just taken up even more space in his already cramped home.

In any case, Elijah knew which books were his and which belonged to the Academy. If he ever decided to leave the position, his books would follow him – it was only fair, he’d paid for them so they were his after all…Luckily for the students, and the Academy, he had no plans on leaving the school any time soon.

“The books belong to myself and the Academy. Students may read them and take them to their rooms for a time, but they must always be returned. The knowledge held within the tomes is available for everyone at no cost to them, so they must be shared…” He explained with a slight nod.

He could tell that the boy was uncomfortable and a bit skittish – but it was nothing that he hadn’t seen before. The Academy attracted all types of students. “But yes, you are correct…I am a hoarder of knowledge.” He said with a small smile. “But unlike most hoarders, I let my treasures wander away for a time before taking them back into my care.” Grabbing a book at his side, Elijah held it up for the boy to see. “This book talks about the Academy’s founding, if you’re interested.” Elijah didn’t care to assume anything about anyone, but he had to wonder if the boy knew anything about the Academy and why it had been founded…and why he was here.

═══════════════════╝

Head Librarian & Historian – Eoana Academy || Elijah Isaacs

Quote:

1234boo75

Quote:

Quote:

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:24 am
【☣ DrakenAoyama: Mind Manipulator☠】
User Image

ɪ dont know...

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Draken went silent for several seconds. His brain processing over the way that information had been said. Even how all the books where his and he let them wander from time to time. Wouldn't that mean some could be lost forever? Least thats what his brain dwelled on for just a second. In actual fact most of the seconds he was quiet in he spent wondering why .. if it was so prized. Had he built a fort out of them. And even more importantly. For what purpose. Was the male mad? Giving away ‘power’, Building a fort out of weak paper. It sure seemed like it.

It took him a few more seconds to start to speak again. “So.. the Academy founding… A Celebrar book… How.. do you categorise the books onto the shelves? Is it a number based system or based on author names in alphabetical or just topics…” It was his longest sentence so far! Though it didn't stop his instincts of trying to hide behind his defensive book. Even if it was about his kint. His reasoning was, If knowledge can hurt. It can stop hurt by hurting others correct?

He flipped his shield open and read the first page of it. Using the now extended protection to hide his eyes from view. He didn't have to look to talk. Draken then shifted his weight a little, his sleeve coming up and showing the start of his tattoo covered burn marks. “Why… do humans exist.. We are weak… Pathetic…” His voice was almost a whisper. A single tear rolling down his cheek the second after he said the word pathetic. Though he shut himself up.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

The mind is a fickel thing...
Even now

OOC: Edit as bits where cut off
Location The library
ActionScouting...
The_littlest_dragonfly

1234boo75

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:50 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

“Ooooo…categorizing is my favorite part.” Elijah said with a wide grin. “It changes from month to month to be honest. At times, I like them categorized by topic, other times I want them sorted by author. Rarely will I alphabetize them…that would be a challenge no one would want to undertake.” He said with a small knowing look in his eyes.

“And sometimes they are sorted by category, and alphabetized by title and then author.” He said with a small nod. “It drives the students and professors bonkers when I rearrange things, but I cant seem to help it…Most of the time, students just ask me for what they need and I get it for them. It’s just easier that way.” He said with a small shrug.

The boy’s question, mumbled as if to himself, caught Elijah a bit off guard. It was such a dark question and one that such a young boy shouldn’t be haunted by. Sighing slightly, he contemplated his answer before he spoke. “Why do flowers bloom, radiant and bright, only to then wilt and die?” Elijah asked, his gaze focused on the books around them and not the student.

“No one thinks the flower is pathetic for fulfilling its purpose in life. We see it for what it is and appreciate it’s beauty while it lasts…” Nodding a bit to himself, he smiled a bit sadly. “It is the same with all things. Life is fleeting. Even the tallest mountains will one day crumble and fall. The mightiest tree, standing tall against the wind will eventually topple. But we do not see them as weak or pathetic…”

Looking up, Elijah turned his gaze to the boy. He didn’t know if he was listening or if the boy even cared, but he hoped his words would bring some kind of clarity or comfort.

═══════════════════╝

Chelly Usagi

1234boo75

Quote:

Quote:

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

1234boo75 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:55 am
User Image

ɪ dont know...

Draken listened to Elijah's explanation on categorizing the library. Though it only brought up one more question. And that question was asked before Draken even thought about it. “Do you have a system to track books that are missing from the shelves… Or do you memorise every book in the room name. What if you forget something… What if…” he trailed his voice off again as he started to listen to the reply to his other question. He was sure he only asked that in his head. But maybe he spoke aloud.

He flickered his eyes up and made eye contact with Elijah’s. He had picked the moment that Elijah had turned his gaze onto him.. Drakens body froze up a little as he started accidentally using his power, Only a little bit. And all he put in was a simple phrase, I Have No Name. The pause was enough for draken to realize he was doing something bad again. He was scared, Names where power. Power was bad in others hands… It burns things down.

The male inhaled a little before speaking softly again. His eyes flickering to the bottom left of the fort, well the part he could see. The flower crumbles. The planet dies slowly. We just don’t notice it… Everything is strong in one way. Pathetic in so many others, Trees don't like electricity or heat. Flowers burn and die so easily they are almost as fragile as us… In.. the end … heat always wins.” he looked up at the roof. “ I mean look at the giant ball of fire that comes by every day… We could never stop that and even it is pathetic in the ultimate scheme” His eyes flickered closed. Draken wanted to run. But he was still on his back, Holding the book up as a shield of some degree.

Even now

OOC: Brain helppppp
Location The library
ActionScouting...
The_littlest_dragonfly

1234boo75

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

The suggestion planted into Elijah’s mind was one that left him feeling a bit puzzled and his mind fuzzy. The boy had no name. It was strange to think that one such as he would go through life without a name, and yet he didn’t know how he knew that the boy was nameless. He hadn't mentioned it in conversation, so how was it that he knew? How odd…

Distracted for a mere moment, he looked back to the boy as he spoke, nodding slightly. “Yes, it is such a complex concept to contemplate. One could think on it for a lifetime and still not come up with an answer to your original question. Indeed, philosophy is an interesting thing…” Elijah didn’t seem bothered by the notion of his frailty or the fragility of the world around him. Life was fleeting in all its forms and as the saying went ‘All good things must come to an end’.

“You are quite pessimistic for one so young. I dare say you have faced many a hardship in your short years in this world.” He said with a nod. “Growing up on the street as a child, I had a similar view on life. But through books and their knowledge, I have learned a new view.”

Tilting his head to the side, he sighed. Noticing how the boy still held the book as if to shield himself,. He knew that as of this moment, there was no way he would let down his guard. “In any case…you are welcome to stay in my sanctuary if you like…or flee back to your room. But if you do choose to take a book, it’s better to tell me face to face. I know each tome in the school and I’ll know if one is taken without my permission.” That being said he turned his attention back to the book lying face open in his lap.

═══════════════════╝

Quote:

1234boo75

Quote:

Quote:

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:49 am
User Image

ɪ dont know...

A glimmer of worry washed over Draken as nothing seemed to happen from his suggestion. What had it been? Hate me? Get rid of me fast? The air caught in his throat as he tried to speak for a second. Then he shook off his fleeting emotions before coughing slightly. “ so you have a way of tracking.. Them? And.. I am sorry i don't know if i have had hardships. When it’s your own life.. How can you tell… it's like trying to look at a lake when your the water.” He shook his head briefly before sighing and turning the page in the ‘shield’ book so he could read a little bit.

He let his eyes drop for a second before he remembered something once said. Light can only bloom in darkness. Without darkness one cannot tell if it is light they are seeing, Or the absence of both. But… Everything returns to fire in the end… the fire of the circle…or to quote a book i read once… Do not go gentle into that good night. Old age should burn and rage at close of day, Rage at the dying of the light. A wise man at the end know darkness is right because there words have brought no light. A good man a last wave bye, crying how bright their frail deeds fade into the night. As they rage. Rage in the dying of their light.Brave men near death, see with blinding light . brave.. Brave against the dying of the light. A tiny chuckle forced its way out of him as he let out a small whimper almost at the same time. His body tensing up all of a sudden before her forced himself to relax. Maybe he could get the knowledge to learn more views. Or even to fly? If only he knew what books they had. Or even if people seemingly bending to his will was common? Maybe he shouldn't be afraid of it… I wonder when this places light shall burn too bright...]

Even now

OOC: last post for now. meds...
Location The library
ActionScouting...
The_littlest_dragonfly

1234boo75

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:46 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Elijah gave the boy a knowing look and a small smile. “I wouldn’t call it tracking per se…More like a sixth sense really.” He said as he looked around him, his gaze moving over the hundreds of volumes on the shelves. “My raiment allows me to sense the ink within each book, and in turn, all of the knowledge.” Looking toward the book in the boys hand, he nodded. “For example, I don’t need to be holding that book, or even see it’s pages to know whats written…and if I really wanted to…” Elijah’s gaze narrowed slightly as he activated his raiment. As he did, the ink on the page began to wobble and change, a new message spelling out in place of the previous words. ‘I can change the contents as well…’ The message read for a moment before the ink shifted back into its original text.

“Each book is unique and each one I cherish…so when one of them leaves the library, I’m aware of it, even if the borrowers doesn’t notify me first.” He said with a small wink before looking back to his own book. But the boy’s words drew him back out again as he spoke. It was as if he were spouting a monologue of some kind, one that Elijah could swear he’d heard before, but couldn’t place where.

Nodding, he smiled a bit sadly. “You are an old soul...much like myself.” He suspected that the boy was skittish for good reason – whether it was abuse or some sort of abandonment, he was cautious and likely for good reason. Elijah only hoped that the boy would eventually come out of his shell and make friends with his fellow students. It was hard being on your own…

═══════════════════╝

1234boo75

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:21 am
User Image

ɪ dont know...

Draken was silent. Listening to elijah. Least as much as he could while reading through the book he had held up as a shield. “So you sence ink and can manipulate it… So what if someone injected ink into their eye? You could communicate with them without anyone knowing? “ he then paused for a second longer before twitching a smile onto his face. He had finally relaxed, even if he was still on his back somewhat defensively.

The old soul comment however made the ‘boy’ start thinking. Least for a few seconds. “Am i a old soul, or a new one that was just forced to be .. What ever i am.. I know i'm not wise…” He faded his words towards the end. His eyes flickering to the book. One of his hands leaving the pages to cover his tattoo as finally his brain clocked that if he could feel all ink. He would be feeling his tattoo. Did that mean he could feel inside draken?!?!?! And on that note he shivered, even letting out a small ergh noise.

Even now

OOC: Not my best post. appolgys
Location The library
ActionScouting...
The_littlest_dragonfly

1234boo75

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:51 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

“Ink in someone’s eye? Hmmmm, that would be an interesting idea, wouldn’t it?” He pondered with a tilt of his head. It was curious to think about, but then again, who would want to have ink injected into their eye? He certainly wouldn’t like it…But then again, if the ink was already in the body, it wouldn’t be hard to direct it to someone’s eyes…

Lost in thought for a moment, he was brought back into the conversation when the boy spoke again. The more the boy spoke and opened up, the more interesting Elijah found him. “Just because one is an old soul doesn’t mean they’re wise. Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age.” Wisdom came from experience. One could argue that older people did have more experiences, but that was not necessarily true. As an orphaned kid on the street, Elijah had learned the harshness of life very quickly…He suspected this boy had a similar past.

“We are what we are. To contemplate the ‘why’ of it could drive anyone mad.” Elijah said with a small nod. In any case, Elijah was completely content with himself and who he was, so he didn’t bother to question ‘why’ he might be one way and not another – there was no need.

Noting the boy’s noise of distress, he arched a brow at him. Did Elijah sense the ink in the boy’s arm? Yes. Was he surprised that one so young had such a large tattoo? Yes. Did he disapprove? Not in the least. He rather liked tattoos and their unique beauty. His tattoos tended to do as they pleased – constantly moving and shifting all over his body – but to choose something to place permanently upon one’s skin, that showed dedication.

“Are you alright?” He asked, curious if the boy had bumped his head against the shelf harder than he’d first anticipated. “Would you like to go see the Nurse?”

═══════════════════╝

1234boo75

1234boo75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:44 am
User Image

ɪ dont know...

Draken offered Elijah a very soft smile almost seemingly out of nowhere before his full attention flickered back to the book. His mind slowly racing as he pieced things together. Then removed parts to throw them at a wall to see what stuck. “ so you would be a … Diviner? Ink isn't a element so that's Elementor out, it's not a celebrar unless the ink itself is a illusion. That's possible i guess. It's not a shifter. And if it was Tenebraer i would expect something more deadly.. Though i suppose of you can control ink if they have a tattoo you can force it into their hear…. “

He blinked just for a second and looked at the floor. It was a dumb idea at the best of times to tell someone how to kill with there powers. “ No im fine i … do not need to go see the nurse. Unless you want to go on a murder spree… but then why would you mention it.. Unless double bluff?” Slowly the male started to breath out trying to force himself to relax. Least a little.

“ so have you ever contemplated why? I mean. Mad and sane. Are the same thing just from different views…” He nodded for a second before flickering his eyes up towards Elijah for a second. He was asking a lot, probably to personal questions but in a roundabout way. He was curious to the extent of the powers of others… Possibly so he could use it in the future as a weapon against others, or as leverage in case things got bad!

Even now

OOC: Not my best post. appolgys
Location The library
ActionScouting...
The_littlest_dragonfly

1234boo75

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:43 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

The boy’s soft smile made Elijah smile in return. He was encouraged to see that the boy was opening up to him. It meant that a tentative, fragile friendship was being formed – one that he hoped would grow. Elijah suspected that the boy was in need of a friend, or at least someone to talk to on occasion.

“Yepp, I’m a Diviner. Although, I guess Ink might be considered an element…it is water based after all…But then again, I can sense the knowledge in the Ink, so that wouldn’t necessarily be an elementor quality…” Elijah thought with a tilt of his head. “But yes, I am classified as a Diviner.” Nodding to himself, satisfied with his answer, he looked back to the boy.

His next question was an interesting one. Elijah had to wonder where these questions were stemming from. Regardless, he was happy to talk philosophy with the student. “Oooo that is a very juicy topic. One could argue that perception of reality is different for everyone, and all people, to some degree are mad.” Elijah knew that he had problems of his own, he was crazy for books…some people obsessed over objects, foods, or people, Elijahs’ obsession, his madness if you will, revolved around books and knowledge.

═══════════════════╝

Quote:

1234boo75

Quote:

Quote:

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 pm
User Image

ɪ dont know...

Draken felt a prang of joy as he got the correct knit. It meant he was somewhat right about the limits, though he did dash his hopes of it being lead based. Though water being lead to one's heart would still be dangerous for all those involved. ” A silent killer you could be… Anyway… i thought elementos control the basic elements not any hybrids like ink. So what would happen if you moved all the ink into someone's heart, or brain… Also wouldn't there be a max range.. Or else you can see every piece of ink on the land.. That would drive one insane?”

His eyes flickered to the floor for a second before back up to his book. Something was on his mind, though he was not one hundred percent sure what was up with it. “Thing is, if everyone is mad, thats the norm. So thats sane as sanity is the ability to think and behave in a normal and rational manner.. When the norm is like that, Then the insane ones are the ones that are not mad? Wait… does that make us all mad and not mad at the same time? Draken blinked and looked down at his own body for a second. Where had his mind gone with that. Maybe he was just flat out mad? Maybe being alone all that time did drive him insane? And as he asked himself those questions he narrowed his eyes a little “What is your favorite food Mr Elijah?”

Even now

OOC: Not my best post. apologies
Location The library
ActionScouting...
The_littlest_dragonfly

1234boo75

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:02 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

The boy’s mind was like lightning, striking on one subject before moving to another. Elijah liked the quick wit however and was happy to oblige the keen student. “Yes, I do have a range. Normally I have to be in the same room as the ink to sense it. Sometime I can stretch my perception a bit farther – maybe a room over from the one I’m in, but I rarely have to do that.”

He didn’t mind revealing the particulars of his Ink Manipulation Technique. It was a unique raiment, but a mostly harmless one – the boy seemed to have other ideas, but Elijah would never use his power to harm someone.

“As for the madness…I can’t say. We all perceive the world differently. The way I view things might seem mad to you, where as to me it is normal. I suppose it depends on if we let that madness rule us or not.” He was sure that people already thought he was a bit off his rocker, but that didn’t bother him, Elijah was content with his life and was satisfied with the course of his life regardless of people’s opinions.

Lost in thought for a moment, he smiled at the boy’s sudden change in subject. “Oooo that is a tough question. I think asking a ‘favorite food’ is too broad of a question. For example, you could ask someone that their favorite breakfast food is, or dinner item, or biscuit they prefer with tea. ‘Favorite food’ could also pertain to the type of food as well…” He said with a mischievous smile.

“But, if I had to pick just one, I would have to say lemon bars…” He said with a small nod. He could always go for a good lemon bar, morning, noon or night, they were just too delicious to pass up. “What about yourself….er…I don’t believe I caught your name before….?” He said with a small tilt of his head.

═══════════════════╝

1234boo75

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:33 am
User Image

ɪ dont know...

Draken grinned a little as he heard Elijah explain his limits. At least a little bit as his brain started processing ways to either work around that weakness or use it to a advantage in combat or anything like that. Though he flickered his attention onto the second part. Maybe the part with madness was correct. Though it did raise one new question. “ So if we all perceive the world uniquely. Then how can anyone be classed as Sane? Does that mean that we all see pictures diffrently? Colours diffrently? If so how can we teach people colours? As blue to me is not blue to you? Maybe even knits are to broad? I mean there's only six? So what if there's twelve? Or what if someone doesn't fall in the six categories? What if sanity is based on a flawed concept? And the insane are the true sane ones? What if.. What if was a flawed question?”

Straight after he said that he blinked. Realizing he may have gone overboard there but kinda couldn't help himself. He was having fun? A new emotion for him. Least it was new after so long. Though he focused in on the food. Though he blinked. What is a lemon bar? It sounds. Horrible. I mean lemons are sour as heck. Why lemons? Do you have any on you to try?” He cocked his head over to the right hand side. Seemed he made friends quickly. Least this time. He was even trying to distract the name part. Hoping that he wouldn't have to state it. He wasn't exactly good at thinking up names on the spot.

Even now

OOC: Short post
Location The library
ActionScouting...
The_littlest_dragonfly

1234boo75

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:50 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Elijah was mortified.

“My dear, sweet child, you haven’t lived until you’ve had a lemon bar!” Looking a bit exasperated at the idea of the boy going one more moment without having a lemon bar, Elijah shut his book and placed it aside.

“You, boy without a name, are going to have a lemon bar. You cannot go one more day, no, one more hour without having a lemon bar!” Arising from his book fort, he brushed off his pants before looking to the boy still lying on the Library floor.

“Shall we then?” He asked as he extended his hand to the boy, a friendly smile on his face.

═══════════════════╝

Quote:

1234boo75

Quote:

Quote:

Elijah Isaacs – [x]

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Academy Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash