Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Hallowed Path [T/O] [Entrance] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Im the Girl one
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                          • tab “Aaa shucks, it one of tho fox kind,” Mi-jin spoke in awe.

tab It was a fox. A pretty big one, but still a fox. A long body and bright glowing eyes. It sure didn’t look like any fox that Mi-jin has ever seen. Mi-jin wasn’t an expert on wild animal behaviors and she never owns a pet in her life, but anyone with eyes could see that this beast was not here to give her a lick on the cheek. Mi-jin shiver from a combination of the cold and fear rising from the pit of her stomach.

tab Mi-jin found its eyes to be beautiful, but how it was glowing made her nervous. That wasn’t normal. No siree. She found it cute, but her vision was starting to go fuzzy. Just at the edges tho, but Mi-jin rubbed at her eyes with her empty hand. It did not clear her vision and she was starting to worried about what this could possibly mean.“Waa..” Mi-jin mumbles as she blinks rapidly.

tab Recalling a harsh lesson from her grandma from the time she was just a small girl. ‘Don’t feed a wild animal you can’t take care of.’ It was a moment that Mi-jin had cried when she couldn’t bring the stray home, but she did learn a lesson that day. When she couldn’t even spare even a scrap of food after a week. Discovering it dead body on her mom's kitchen counter. Mi-jin forces the memory from her mind with an easy smile. No time for sad thoughts, “You look pretty upset tho. Want some of dis yellow snow? It's all the food I got tho.” Mi-jin offered the snow in her hand. It was fresh and had a potent smell to it, but at the same time, it was rapidly melting in her warm palm. The snowball was quickly losing its round shape and becoming a small pile in her open palm.

tab “See, it’s fresh too.” Mi-jin licked the snow to show that it was safe to eat.

User ImageLocation: Outside the Frozen home

Company: Fox-sama

Stamina: 100

Charkra: 100

Ooc:

Backpack:
                    Currently on her back
                    •One Person Tent
                    •Blanket
                    •bedroll
                    •Mess kit
                    •Soap
                    •Twine(50meter)
                    •Fishing hook (1x)
                    •Whetstone(durabaility 0.3)(1x)
                    •clay gourd

Satchel, medium
                    Currently on her side
                    •Trench knife(x2)(durabiity 30)
                    •10 Senbon(x2)(duarability 30)
                    •Flint and steel
                    •Skinning knife
                    •Sliver glitter 'mystic' ball

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 am
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
All I'm seeing is grey, and all I know is I've been dragged down again.
D - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[x] The first strike hit its mark, but the second, not so much. Despite my momentum, by the time I reached it, it had turned on me. A hand grasped for my blade, however, and missed, leaving my blade to still connect with it before I dodged away. Their massive companion didn't like that one bit. Somehow stretching its jaw by pulling on its tusks, it roared at me in rage. I lowered my stance, bringing my blade up to the side of my head with both hands, tip pointed at the beast, prepared to strike the moment it moved. Instead, it decided to tempt my anger by picking up the spit beside it to wield as a weapon. Instinct almost won out over experience, evident by a step forward before I was able to stop myself. If I had any intention of surviving, I couldn't lose control again. Regardless of how much my hands trembled from the will it took not to attack.

A scream tore itself from Fiorzia off to the side, and my heart skipped a beat, concentration on my stance almost lost out of fear she'd been attacked. But cyan light, like the glow she bore, rippled through the air, and vibrant pink liquid burst from the wounds inflicted on the two ogres I'd struck. The bright colors faded from the sylph, replaced by darker ones. Colors that reminded me of the blind haze of rage. And with them, the wind began to howl.

The sudden shift in her behavior felt... off. In a way I couldn't describe. Maybe it had something to do with my knowledge of the Hakemoto and what they fought against. Demons. In particular, Bijuu, but the Fades, I had felt, fell into a similar category. It was this same feeling I got now from Fiorzia, and it definitely hadn't been there before. Something about this inverted space was affecting her negatively. And to be honest, I might well have been doing the same to me, given the sudden explosion of rage. I needed to get her out of there, but...

I couldn't just leave the other sylphs to the fate they'd been dealt. I had to do something. And if I forced Fiorzia out of the barrier, I would have stay with her to make sure she didn't go back in. The best option, to save the most lives, would be to defeat the ogres and free the slyphs. Hopefully, by then, it wouldn't be too late for Fiorzia. Otherwise I would lose my charge.

I decided to take advantage of Fiorzia's distraction and, reversing the grip of my blade to, more or less free up my hands, I made several quick hand seals, electricity sparking around me just like earlier. I had a straight shot to the big one with the other two out of the way. A final sign and I flipped my blade back into my hand as the lightning transformation took effect. Assuming nothing blocked my path, I intended to phase through the scarred ogre, ideally stunning him briefly. That caused the technique to end, letting me take a physical form once more. From there, I grabbed the hilt of my sword with both hands and, whirling, swung the weapon full force into its side.

If everything went as planned, I dragged the blade until it tore free and turn to face my opponent. I doubted one strike would be enough to stop the monster, but a great part of me hoped it would, with the wave of nausea that overcame me from the transformation.

I've stopped running, I'm not hurting. I have my mind made up.

Counter | 23 / 200

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries [ 3/20 ]
Physical speed is reduced by a half [.5] rank due to pain in left shoulder and hip from injuries carried over before age reversal.

Techniques Used:
• Raikou Henge no Jutsu [Lightning Transformation Technique] - D
Strength: E - Speed: B
When performing this skill, the user transforms into an extremely quick 'strand' of lightning. In this quick state, nothing is done slowly - everything is in a rush for the user. However, this strand of lightning is incapable of changing directions on its own. It can only change directions by bouncing off another object, such as a tree or a boulder, but the user is capable of bouncing off in any angle they wish to. The transformation automatically dissipates when the user makes contact with a living target: being in a state similar to lightning, the user plunges completely into their target, and ends up in their physical state on the other side of their opponent. In addition to giving the target a painful electrical shock, this skill may cause temporary paralysis [lasting one post]. Because of the fast speeds associated with this skill, the user will feel dizzy, confused, and often nauseous for some time afterward. This technique can be used in conjunction with other Jutsu, such as the Call of Lightning Technique, or the Lightning Clone Technique, to confuse the opponent. However, no skills can be used in this state. The user can dispel the technique at any time.
• Unnamed slash - C

Current Objectives:
Find somewhere safe
• Defeat ogres and save sprites

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 240 / 250 (-10) .STAMINA : 275 / 315 (-20) .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 575 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Shoulder & Hip Pain .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:38 pm
_______________The Mole Sleeps... ||
tab The Kokoro stared out after Shea, his expression slightly forlorn. The mole on his face was doing its best to try and wiggle down the side of his chin like some sort of worm to possibly get some sort of peace, yet just as it reached the lower part of his jaw the strange merchant pinned it down with a suddenness that made one question if the hand had moved through the air or teleported into existence. Stroking the mole in thought the merchant sighed and finally moved back to his cart, the shop he had created and the sand image collapsing in on itself. Imploding, really. The sand slid across the ground and through the air resembling liquid smoke until it reached the wood of the cart which, clanking, slammed into place. Once more a cart existed where a shop had moments ago as Kokoro assumed the pilot stance behind it. It was only then that the stranger looked to Jean with a sort of bemused smile. "You're in a new world, kiddo. You and others like you. This world is dangerous. My natural ability with languages allows me to speak to you and, really, anyone. But remember that not everyone does speak the same language. Humans have been gone for...quite some time." Reaching into the top of his cart the old man withdrew a single, simple brown package and tossed it to Jean. "There. The rest of what you asked for. I'll give you one last hint. There are two other Wakeners in this area, one near, and one far. With what it coming...you might want to join together. Just a suggestion, of course, one you are free to ignore. But I would hate to do business with someone only for them to die later." At this he shrugged, and turned his cart with one final look towards Shea's direction before raising his voice in a yodel and striding merrily, and slowly, away.
tab And somewhere in the distance the unmistakable scream of a fox sounded. Somewhere nearby.

_______________The Ice Weeps... ||
tab The fox stares at you in a somewhat confused way as you put tongue to the tangy, and acrid, substance within your hand. It wrinkles its nose in disgust before suddenly screaming as something big, black, and clearly canine in origin leaps from the shadows behind it and lands atop the poor pure creature. Blue blood gushes from the fox's throat as the canine's jaws close around it, and suddenly your vision is clear, the darkness gone. The Black Dog bears the fox to the ground from its sheer weight before you, and the world turns its attention to you.
tab What will you do, as neither seems to be paying attention to you.

_______________The Wind Reeks... ||
tab The world rushes by as Kaileer reforms from the lightning and he swings, his blade biting into the flesh of the ogre that he attacked and leaving a trail of pink blood as he retreated, ready for more. As the ogre begins to turn in response to the attack the wound ripples with yellow energy that twists and writhes around it. As it completes enough of a turn to now face Kaileer its face becomes apparent, and here Kaileer may take pause. The face frozen into an expression of wide eyed rage so pure that it was almost tangible. All around its body that same yellow energy rippled, much like lightning armor but with a more fluid nature. The muscles of its body tighten, causing the wound to clench shut almost unnaturally, and with a grunt it bares its fangs and suddenly swings at him with a suddenness that may catch him off guard [D - ranked speed, B - ranked damage].
tab Yet as it does the sky rumbles harder, and the wind that was rising quickly became a near squall that blew with enough force that above the clouds raced into a funnel. Above lightning crackled, and below the two remaining Ogre nursed their wounds and turned away from Fiorzia, Kaileer, and even the final Ogre before sprinting in opposite directions.
tab They didn't get far before Fiorzia flung out her hand towards one, and the earth was torn asunder by the wind that flew from it and bisected the creature in twain.

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:47 pm
User Image________________________________________Jean Coppelio Gogh
XXXX Male • Medium • 5'8" • 131 lbs
                                                                  Jean let out a breath of... A mix of relief, hard-won approval, and reluctant acceptance. With the goods in hand and the Kokoro already on his way out, Jean said one last thing at the last possible moment, a shouted, "Thank you!". Though, he wasn't nearly ready to admit that he looked forward to doing business with the Kokoro again. Doing business meant seeing the Kokoro, and he wasn't so sure he would ever be ready for that.

What had transpired was more than just a fair deal. Jean had received far more than he gave. Valuable information on how to survive... and a warning to help set his route for the forseeable future. A new world. There were others like him. Humans were a rarity. Banding together was key to survival. Jean couldn't help but dread that last thought. Bonding... with strangers? It created a knot in his belly, one that he did not have the time to deal with right now.

A scream split through the air, stopping Jean in his tracks just as he was about to turn back into the house. Unmistakable scream of a fox, was it? Like hell that was. Jean had never heard a fox scream in his life. His head whipped around to the noise so hard that it almost felt like it twisted off. That was the direction Shea had gone in. Of course trouble would have to crop up right after Jean was reminded he needed numbers on his side. There was no way he could just ignore the scream, now.

He also couldn't rush headlong into danger without knowing if/when he'll be back... or if maybe it was all a distraction and he was going to get robbed as soon as he took his eyes off of his and Shea's belongings. Jean had to force down a shudder as he remembered the boy. He'd reached a point where he was genuinely beginning to believe that Shea didn't deserve this sort of treatment from him. Now really wasn't the time, for that, though. Pulling out the fuuinjutsu scroll, Jean gave it a cursory glance. Perfect, he'd gone through engraving the inscriptions of such seals on his work so many times that he needed only a cursory glance to jog his memory.

Delicately, Jean drew seals within the journal he had awoken with, fine lines and graceful arcs far outdoing what people would generally think possible of such a simple pen. Once the seals were drawn, he stored all of his and Shea's possessions within them. The deer boy knew nothing of the world, so for now, this was how it would need to be.

Having collected all their belongings in a simple, easy to travel with fashion, Jean took what few belongings he hadn't sealed away, his backpack with some necessities, a few of the most immediate items he'd want to thrust onto Shea, and the journal, of course. Then, he speed walked out of the house and in the direction of scream.

Okay, look, speed walking was basically running for Jean. At a brisk pace, he followed after the very obvious visual trail of fresh boot prints in otherwise untouched snow. Passing by one house, he did hear the noise of other living creatures, the first since the Kokoro. It caused him to pause and glance, but the trail was right in front of his very eyes. Shea wasn't there... and Jean didn't want to entangle himself in some sort of fight alone. He didn't trust Shea, but Shea seemed nice. The kind of person who was too nice to be a threat. If he could simply just get rid of his deer parts, then Jean would appreciate him as a reliably safe companion. Jean walked on past the house and continued to follow the "deer" tracks until the two met each other again.

Jean just looked at the deer boy and almost immediately tossed a large rectangle of cloth at the deer, throwing it upwards so that it'd drop-fall onto Shea's head. It was one of the fabrics Jean had gotten from the Kokoro. "I'll turn it into some actual head wear when we have time, but for now, it'll be a better cover for your," Jean shivered, unable to say the word, "than some moth-eaten, decaying drapery." Shortly after unceremoniously throwing the cloth over Shea, Jean held out the rest of the items he wanted Shea to have on-hand, most conveniently placed in his backpack, but presumably the weapon would be too big to just fit in the backpack. Looking at Shea, Jean looked unbelievably stiff. His eyes, even more unbelievably, were locked onto Shea's and they remained locked even though it looked like every muscle in his body strained itself to do so. "The bag has food and tools that will introduce you to chakra, the energy that fuels this world. I can help with explanations, too, even though... Hm... That is... Well, the important thing is that, no matter what, I plan on surviving in this world, so I'll help you if you help me. Despite how I've been treating you... you've been nothing but, how should I put this... Nice? Kind? Polite? Naive? Basically, you're only suspicious point is that you're a deer." That appeared to be the limit because Jean turned his head away from Shea and looked pointedly at nothing in particular so long as it wasn't Shea. He needed to recharge his nerves. Though, he didn't stop talking. There was too much information to relay for him to just stop talking. "There are others here, too. The Kokoro told me there is one near and one far, but I know nothing about them." To Jean, this was a classic case of, "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush." "We should join with them..." Jean left out the prediction that something was about to come for them. It just seemed unnecessary right now when it could be literally anything coming for them. "But adding to our numbers is just as important as you knowing what to do in this world, so it's up to you what you want first."

(OOC: NOTE TO SELF- FIGURE OUT HOW MANY TRAINING POSTS THIS TOOK AND SPEND THEM.)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:56 pm
User Image

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[x] My lightning transformation didn't even stun the thing like I'd hoped, leaving me at more of a disadvantage in strength than I might have thought. Given the spasm of muscle and its slow turn, it was definitely affected, but I'd hoped it would stop it altogether. Maybe its sheer mass left the technique not strong enough to take the full effect. Still, I had every intention of taking advantage of its hindered movement until I saw its face, and the unadulterated rage that it held there. I wasn't even sure it saw me as yellow energy pulsated around it not unlike the lightning that I bore. The muscles throughout its body tensed, the wound I had inflicted on it clamping shut from the force.

I likewise readied myself for an attack, but wasn't prepared for the speed with which it swung its meaty fist. I was still fast enough to dodge out of the way, bringing my blade up to meet its wrist, bracing it against my shoulder, but just barely. Close enough that I felt the force behind the blow as it hit the sharpened steel. The air was driven from my lungs, and I barely kept my footing under the pressure, pain lancing down my side. But with all the strength and fury I could muster, and a roar with whatever remained of my breath, I tore forward, ideally dragging my weapon up its arm before it could draw back.

The intention was to get as close as possible. The move put me less than arms reach from the thing's gut, leaving it wide open for attack. If nothing stopped the attack, once I reached the end of the forearm, I would pull the sword free of its flesh and stab straight forward into its exposed abdomen as far as the blade would go, assuming the stomach was within reach.

A crack of lightning split the sky and it was only then that I really became aware of the growing storm above our heads. I couldn't see Fiorzia from where I stood, but I could see the remains of the ogre she had severed in half. That was enough of a wake-up call to question what it was I was getting myself involved in. This was a battle between forces I knew nothing about, things that, if they had existed in our times had kept themselves hidden from the world. They'd taken control in our absence and ruled this place. I didn't know which was good or bad, who was an ally or an enemy, or if they could even be considered either. A large part of me believed Fiorzia didn't actually need my help. That seemed pretty obvious after what she had just accomplished. For all I knew, she was leading me to my death. It was enough to make conviction falter.

But if I did that, I would be dead anyway. With a snarl, I tore the blade free once more in preparation for the attack that was bound to follow.

Counter | 24 / 200

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries [ 4/20 ]
Physical speed is reduced by a half [.5] rank due to pain in left shoulder and hip from injuries carried over before age reversal.
• Agility [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical speed
• Power [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical speed

Techniques Used:
• Unnamed Parry - D speed, D + [.5] strength
• Funsai Zenshin [Forward Grind] - B cost/C :: Simple + [.5] strength
After blocking an incoming attack or after the opponent’s block, the user grinds his or her blade across the blocked weapon toward the opponent. This movement closes the distance between the user and the opponent very quickly while forcing the target’s weapon to remain still. A stabbing or thrusting technique used in conjunction with this technique is increased by a half rank [.5] in strength.
• Unnamed Stab - C + [1] strength ( B )

Current Objectives:
Find somewhere safe
• Defeat ogres and save sprites

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 240 / 250 .STAMINA : 205 / 315 (-70) .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 575 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Shoulder & Hip Pain .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:59 am
User ImageUser Image
                                                          • tab Mi-jin felt like she was making a connection with the fox. How it looked at her, Mi-jin wonders if she could touch it as she took a step forward with the yellow snow facing outward. Mi-jin focus was on the fox glowing blue eyes even as her vision worsens.

The fox scream was painful and Mi-jin steps backward with both hands covering her own mouth as she screamed. A big black dog bear monster was on top of the poor thing. It was struggling and screaming. Mi-jin should run to the house. Lock herself in and forget she saw such a horrifying thing. She wasn’t a hero and she is scared. Her knees were shaken, but how the fox sounded. No, she couldn’t do that.

This was a test of the moon. To see if she was worthy of protecting those who walked under its mighty light. Mi-jin hands shook for the two trench knife. They both slid easily into her small hands and she locks her eyes on the bear dog thing. “Moon protect me.” Mi-jin prayed as she ran toward the bulky black beast with both knives raised. Slamming both knives into the beast. “Let go of it!”

Company: Fox-sama & Bear-Dog-Sama

Ooc:

Backpack:
                    Currently on her back
                    •One Person Tent
                    •Blanket
                    •bedroll
                    •Mess kit
                    •Soap
                    •Twine(50meter)
                    •Fishing hook (1x)
                    •Whetstone(durabaility 0.3)(1x)
                    •clay gourd

Satchel, medium
                    Currently on her side
                    •Trench knife(x2)(durabiity 30) equppied
                    •10 Senbon(x2)(duarability 30)
                    •Flint and steel
                    •Skinning knife
                    •Sliver glitter 'mystic' ball

Im the Girl one
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:40 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx What is this [ someday? ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

[x] As I sat in the silent snow, the world gradually became more lively. Maybe because the potential threat had passed and they thought I was gone. 'They' being the creatures of this world, which I was surprised to find looked a lot more like the animals I knew than I thought. I could even name most of them, though where that knowledge came from was beyond me. But it was enough to make me question whether or not someone was just pulling my leg about being in a different world.

That didn't explain the lack of moons, though.

A rabbit chose to wander particularly close, and even didn't seem to mind my presence as long as I didn't move. Evidently animals here still liked me. At least something followed me from home. I'd always been the favorite of nature, and enjoyed being in its presence over the stuffy city anyway. After living in Nyranzora, I appreciated home in Lur'vesh all the more. The rolling hills and open sky... Wait no, I'd never left home. So why did I have memories of the largest do'vrinian capital on the continent?

The annoying pain returned, and I decided it best to just accept my memories were completely mixed up. I reached out slowly toward the rabbit in an effort to pet it. It sniffed at my fingertips hesitantly, but didn't run... at first. Then we both heard the sound of something approaching and it bolted. My ears drooped a bit in disappointment, but I turned my gaze away from it regardless. I was met with a piece of fabric, that floated gently down onto my head. Beyond it, as I raised my hands to shift it out of my vision, I heard Jean speak. So he didn't leave? I was actually and honestly surprised. I couldn't imagine what convinced him to stay, especially given the fear in his voice as he even attempted to mention my antlers. I would respect his wishes, though, and keep the sheet over them for the time being if it made him more comfortable. Besides which, it helped the cold nipping at my ears a bit. "Ah... Thanks," I replied softly.

Finally straightening the fabric properly, I was met with more items. Namely, a backpack with a short sword strapped to its side. I pushed myself carefully to my feet so as not to startle the older male and took the bag. I couldn't help the small smile that accompanied the action, but it faded slightly when I realized how tense he still stood. Somehow, though, he kept his gaze locked on mine as he explained the...gift, as it were. The intensity made me look away, so I chose to examine the items he'd given me as he described them. The bag contained food primarily, but also stuff I could use to figure out 'chakra', the magic of this world. He was willing to help me as long as I helped him, because I had been kind in the face of his cruelty. And it was all because I was a deer.

I couldn't help it. I laughed, even though Jean looked away. I managed to stiffle it though because he had more to say. It wasn't a laugh at him, but more at the situation. An ironic one, at that. He continued, saying he wanted to meet up with others that had woken, and I smiled broadly through the whole thing, waiting until he was finished to finally explain my reason for laughing. With my words came a bit of sadness. "I'd be lying if I said that your... dislike didn't hurt, but... I don't mind." After all, it wasn't like I was treated any differently back at home. Mixbreeds were treated as barely better than dirt by some of the Purebreeds, and, well, I looked mixed. Regardless of whether I was or wasn't. I'd carried a grin through all of that, and I could again. It was one of the few things I was good at, after all.

I shook my head, smile shrinking a bit but persistent. "Anyway, I agree. We should find the 'others' that were mentioned. It's safer." Hefting the bag onto my shoulder, I gestured forward. "Lead the way." I hesitated then though, drawing my hand back. "If... you're ready, that is."

tab .CHAKRA : 100 / 100 .STAMINA : 100 / 100 .STATUS : None
                                      tab .EXP : 500 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : "I guess this isn't so different."
                                      ▀▀▀Suddenly I'm running slowly. Suddenly it all goes dark.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:23 pm
_______________The Ice Weeps... ||
tab The knives swung down to meet the big canine but it turned midway through, and the blades bit down into the fix instead. Yet it was only momentary as the creature threw the mewling fox on top of the girl before rearing on its legs and screaming a sound so terrible that it caused snow to fall from the trees nearby. Still it landed with a loud thud, and the creature's face contorted until it split down the middle and opened to reveal a gaping maw at the center of which was a pair of human eyes. The thing's mouth still had its fangs, each tipped red with something that smoked or steamed, and it took a step towards the girl, seemingly aware that it could hunt her down in an instant.
tab
tab

tab The air fouled with the stench of acrid blood as the liquid boiled up and fell over the ruins of the stomach the ogre once had. It screamed even as the blade entered its flesh for it had over extended itself in its rage. And now it fell forward, falling to its knees as the light faded from its eyes, for its fury had been its downfall. The body distorted, fuzzing, before all at once turning completely into black blood that fell in a deluge down the earth and spread out from there. Black, something that molded with the earth well, but even there it looked inky and corrupted.
tab The remaining Oni, screaming, punched a hole clean in the air and leaped through, vanishing a moment later as lightning bolts rained down on that location and tore the earth asunder.
tab A howl of fury came from Fiozia who was now mostly inky black in color. She turned to look at Kaileer with teeth bared, her hands flexing, even as tears of rage poured from her eyes. There was no reading that gaze for it was filled with conflicting emotion, and from the tense posture it was clear she was fighting something.

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Im the Girl one

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:47 am
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
Unless Hono spoke, Servus would lead the way out of the city in silence. Past the gates that had at one point protected the outskirt village of Tsukihara, the road sloped downward, leading down a mountainside that led...somewhere. Perhaps eventually another town. Every now and then, the path leveled out, where small gatherings of buildings sat. Or the remains of them. As they approached the first of such groups, Servus slowed his pace, becoming more alert. Black claws slid once more from his left sleeve, prepared to strike at the first sign of danger.

At the immediate moment, there appeared to be no movement, aside from the occasional animal. Standing straight, Servus came to a halt at the center of the ring of old houses. "We can take some time to warm up here, if you want," he offered, yellow gaze still scanning the area around them. "Or maybe there are some supplies that were left behind."

BlackFruity
Lanfaer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:23 am
User Image

𒂟 Honō Hokori 𒂟

𒊹 • • Hari Clan • Kumogakure • • 𒊹

Chakra : 100 / 100 𑁍 Stamina : 100 / 100

𒈯 𒃵

Honō followed as quietly and as quickly as he could. The terrain they ended
                    up traversing was as much familiar as it was foreign; steep passes and rough
                    footing was a given in the Country of Lightning, but the all-encompassing fall
                    of the snow was not. Moss-green eyes would once be driven by both anxiety
                    and an awe of the nature to take in all they passed. But still it was dampened
                    by the cold and exhaustion, leaving the Hari clan member to only follow in a
                    muted state of mind. It was nice, in a way, to have such a silent, undisturbed
                    mind. He just hoped he wasn't coming across as ungrateful. Or anymore of a
                    burden than he has already proven himself to be.

"A fire would be very welcome, Servus." Honō smiled in gratitude for having an
                    opinion asked of him. "But I can continue on if you feel uncomfortable here."
                    He adds. "If we do stop for a lengthy period, I may be able to mend your robe,
                    once my hands are limbre again." Green eyes take in the surrounding houses
                    with a sad crease to the corners of his eyes. "May I ask? Where have all the
                    inhabitants gone? You mentioned people are... waking? Would you perhaps
                    mean they are also..." Here the silver-haired male appears to struggle for his
                    words. "The crystals. Are they also trapped?"

𒊩 Acrobat 𒊩 Fifteen [ 15 ] 𒊩 Male 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ???

• • Experience : 0,000 / 0,000

Ħ Equipped :

BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 am
_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
Yet again Servus appeared to grow nervous as the decision was left to him, and his gaze fell once more, unable to meet Hono's. After a moment, he turned his eyes to the sky, which had steadily gotten darker as they traveled. However, Hono continued before he responded, asking about the place in which they stood. Servus glanced at one of the houses, one that barely stood still as he explained. "It has been... a very long time since the last human walked the earth. A great curse, a Plague, as many called it, captured all humans in its grasp. It only left those who were sixteen years of age or younger alive." He gestured to one of the opaque crystal structures that stood not too far away. Just like in the city, they appeared to be scattered around in this small village as well. "Those crystals more than likely hold a child who hasn't woken yet. But they're safe there. Anyone over the age limit, their crystal will crumble to dust on contact."

He feel silent again, but the silence held no emotion. It was almost as if he were weighing the older male's reaction in order to determine how he should react. Even during his speech, his words held no sort of sympathy or sorrow. He was simply relaying facts, which might well have been off-putting. But then his expression became one of uncertainty and he turned away. "I will find wood for a fire." Assuming he wasn't stopped, he would hurry away into the forest, leaving Hono to explore the houses if he chose.

BlackFruity
Lanfaer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:34 am
User Image________________________________________Jean Coppelio Gogh
XXXX Male • Medium • 5'8" • 131 lbs
                                                                  While he talked steadily through Shea's laughter, a clear grimace showed through Jean's face, hardening his already hardened expressions. He endured it without a word, though. Yeah, sure, laugh at his deer fear. It wouldn't be the first time... and hopefully it wouldn't result in something as bad as the past... hateful moronic family friends who would capitalize on someone's fear for a good laugh. However, Jean was able to even hold this conversation with Shea right now because he believed he was to nice to do something like that. He wasn't going to waste time by moving backwards with his opinions and regress back into a state of mute fear.

The obvious answer was to move forwards, putting aside Shea's laugh. "I don't really know where they are...," Jean admitted, but he led the way as asked anyways. It was better up here, where he had the excuse to not be looking at Shea. He took a few steps and then paused. Turning his head slightly to the side to signal that he was addressing to Shea behind him, Jean added, "I should tell you this.The sword and its accompanying weapon techniques from the Kokoro. He sympathized with you. Remember to thank him if you ever meet him again." Then he was off again.

According to what the Kokoro said, there was on person near, and on his way here, Jean had passed the sounds of some sort of excitement. Jean hadn't approached it because he was worried it might be a fight, but it was the only clue to a living companion. Since he found Shea, Jean couldn't make any excuses to stay away. Jean followed his tracks back to the circle of houses they started in. He moved at a moderate pace at first, before a resounding roar ripped through the soundless winter wonderland. It caused Jean to pause a second time. He certainly didn't want to go anywhere near but he had to gather more help... Indecision born out of fear froze Jean.

(OOC: Still need to figure out training posts for sealing shenans.)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:51 am
User Image

[x] Much to my surprise, and relief, the strike to the gut was enough to topple the ogre. As I tore my blade free of its stomach and jumped back, its form began to dissolve, the inky black liquid that poured from its wound taking over its body in an instant. The substance fell to the ground with a splash, licking at my boots but leaving me otherwise untouched. It was then absorbed by the earth, leaving nothing but a black stain behind. Regardless, the smell that came with it was enough to make me cringe.

Cringing was a bad idea, because with it came another spike of pain down my side. I placed a hand gingerly on the ribs on my right side, feeling for anything that might be broken. Nothing, thankfully, but possibly bruised, which was a problem in itself. Especially if combat like this was going to be a constant. It would also make the training I'd intended on near impossible until it started healing. Trying to block the monster's attack had been probably one of the worst decisions I made in a while--centuries passing aside. At one point I probably could have taken a hit from one of the Stragari. I knew most of my strength was gone, and yet I'd been reckless anyway. I hissed out a breath through clenched teeth. "Damn it...

The ogre that remained alive started screaming and somehow punched a hole into the air in front of it. It leaped through, and just like that was gone. With good timing because lightning came down where it had been standing. Close enough to me that I felt the energy from it, making my skin tingle.

Right, Fiorzia. I shook myself from my brief stupor as she roared in rage, and turned to face her. Her skin had turned almost completely black, not unlike the substance the monster had dissolved into. Her gaze was fixed on me like a predator to prey, and, again, I wasn't sure she could even actually see me. Sheathing my blade, I held up both hands to show I wasn't going to harm her and carefully, slowly moved forward, toward her. Every movement hurt at this point, but I needed to stop her before I lost her completely. "It's alright, I'm not going to hurt you." However, the moment I was close enough, assuming nothing else stopped me, I tackled her, wrapping both arms around her. Rolling back to my feet, I made a run for the barrier in hopes of getting her away from this corrupted place.

She didn't break free of my hold, at least, not before we made it outside into the dying light of day. I let her go immediately, my hand returning to my side. Breathing hurt, and a racing heart meant increased breathing rate. But at least it was pushing my anger to the background. Swallowing back the pain for the moment, my gaze settled on the sylph again, cautious. "Fiorzia?" I asked, watching for her reaction. I had every intention of going back for the other sprites, but I needed to make sure she wasn't just going to charge back in the second I couldn't see her.

Counter | 25 / 200

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries [ 5/20 ]
• Agility [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical speed.
• Power [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
Find somewhere safe
Defeat ogres and save sprites
• Stop Fiorzia

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 (+15) .STAMINA : 220 / 315 (+15) .TRANCE : 10 / 10

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 pm
tab The sylph stumbled backwards, her expression filled with unfathomable rage, yet the instant the sun above touched her skin the black began to peel away.
tab Literally.
tab The blackness came away from her and left strangely raw, blue flesh beneath, this time opaque instead of translucent as it had been previously. As she stumbled about with increasing irregularity, Kaileer's attention may have been drawn to the sudden eruption of sound beside him. Or, rather, the implosion of sound and air as the blackness vanished in an instant, allowing air to fill the vacuum rapidly. Yet strangely, even with it gone, it revealed that the buildings that had been there before remained, but regular color. Regular as snow covered buildings get, anyway, but what may have drawn his attention was the feminine screams that came from one of the buildings the Ogres had been near previously.
tab At the screams Fiorzia's eyes widened, and the black fell away completely, leaving her a naked blue girl with white lines etches into her skin who promptly hit the ground heavily.
tab Perhaps it was a good thing that the screams could be heard from every corner of the area, for Sylphs were built with decently usable lungs.

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

BlackFruity

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Im the Girl one
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                          • tab The creature moved and mi-jin fell forward with her knives. A shock of fear as her knives stabbed into the fox. Mi-jin could only spare a glance before she was knocked back by the creature throwing the fox spindly body on top of her. Mi-jin grit her teeth as she placed the injured creature on the soft snow. “Don't worry friend. I'm here for you.” Mi-jin doesn't know why she risking her life for a strange creature in a foreign land. Fear was telling her to run as fast as her legs can carry her. The fox was too large and too heavy, it would only weight her down.

But she made a promise to the fox. Mi-jin stood up to her full five foot seven inches. Mi-jin was trying to make herself appear bigger even though her legs were shaking. “Wa,,,” mi-jin lips tremble as she stared into the open maw. “Wha are you?” mi-jin question as it took a step toward her.

“I am a daughter of the moon! Back down!” Mi-jin commanded. The knives were raised as she took a stance. Focus was steady on the beast only breaking when mi-jin heard a shrill scream from the distance.

Company: Fox-sama & Bear-Dog-Sama

Ooc:

Backpack:
                    Currently on her back
                    •One Person Tent
                    •Blanket
                    •bedroll
                    •Mess kit
                    •Soap