Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
HALLOWEEN 2017: INTO THE WOODS CYOA Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:23 pm
D) Something Else (Gone Fishing in the Stream!)

In all honesty, Hooked wasn't sure he could really help with most of those tasks. Plus, some of the larger or more experienced phonies were taking care of the kindle search and tent set up...As several split towards the stream, the young babben couldn't help but follow, tilting his head to avoid getting his rod snagged on something.

To avoid looking like a major creep, he diverged from the pair and moved a bit more downstream, not so far as to be alone (heck no he wasn't going to be that dumb during a monster hunt!) but enough that he didn't look like he was eavesdropping. Or interrupting the reflection watching. Frowning with concentration, Hooked baited the hook, flicked his rod into the running water, and plopped down, hoping for a prize or two. Marshmallows were great and all, but he bet someone (if not just himself) would like a meatier treat. Especially if they were going to be there for a long, long night...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:09 pm
C.) Set up camera traps?

Bokeh excitedly volunteer to help set up the camera traps. He gather one up and went looking for the right spot for it, unconcerned that he was going alone into apparently dangerous woods. Once he found the right tree, he tested the camera first, making sure it did in fact take a clear picture and then, he started to set it up on a tree.  

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 pm
A) Go into the woods to gather kindling.

Torchwood listened intently to Skirmish as she explained the first series of tasks for their mission ; immediately Torchwood resigned himself to going into the woods to get kindling for the fire. Fire safety was a huge concern for him and the last thing this unicorn wanted was for someone to bring improper fire kindling. Would everyone know to look for dry twigs and fallen branches from the forest floor, instead of snapping them straight off the trees? When it came to keeping the forest safe and fires well contained, Torchwood was bit of a stick in the mud.

While caution and concern had him volunteer for kindling duty, Torchwood saw the 3 mares and one colt galavant off into the woods excitedly. While one mare carried a lantern and another has some sort of tool handy, Torchwood was sure that if something dark and mysterious was lurking in the woods, he’d be kicking himself silly if anything happened to those who went out into the dark spooky woods.

“Hey ladies and gent, I’ll come with you too.” Torchwood caught up to the small group that formed to go into the woods. The one eye that wasn’t obscured by his swooping pink mane glanced at each phony and then he smiled. “You seem like a well prepared bunch to go on an adventure with,” he said lightly as he admired the items each had chosen to bring. For some reason, the black mare’s blanket made him smile the most and he wondered if great minds thought alike in preparing for the chilly air. “Cute picnic blanket.”

As he started off into the woods, Torchwood looked around for the optimal branches to pick, but for some reason there was an odd nagging feeling that someone (like a certain yellow pegasus) was watching and he shifted his gaze back once or twice out of paranoia.

I hope you don't mind the quotes, but Torchwood is coming with you all smile
Ruriska
Torchwood digs that blankie smile

Astraea Pandora
Hey fellow brown unicorn

Huni Pi
Yay little brown colored unicorn posse in the woods

Midnightglow18
I assume Spooky is going in the same direction too? but ignore me if not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:53 pm
C.) Set up camera traps?

So many important things to do! Of course they would need tents, the cameras, the campfire- and yet somehow the most important thing seemed to be roasting marshmallows. At least to Boysie. So important. Alas, the firewood has yet to be collected, delaying that necessary and delicious chore.

"What to do, what to do..." Only the keenest of senses could direct her. Or those keen senses being momentarily blinded, Boysie finding herself muzzle-to-flashlight and shrieking from it.

"ALIENS!" She cried, though more of an excited cry than one of reasonable terror.

"Or, not aliens. Sweet headgear, I'm Boysenberry Pie." Boysie bounced back literally, curiously hopping around the mare with the neat hatlight. Flashhat?

"Oh! We should go set up camera traps together! Because you have a light, and I have this excellent day old pasta," as was perfectly reasonable, "And you know, that whole intensive horror movie trope about going out into the woods on one's own, leading to almost certain death by something fiendish, which I find myself particularly vulnerable to as a genuine Hilighter Blonde, but certainly that could not be happening here right now because honestly, no creature would kill someone holding pasta. It's ridiculous. Wanna go?"

Luafien

Super Wife

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:58 pm
B.) Help set up the tents

Caramel Crisp was having a pretty good time so far, tromping through the woods with everyone. The campsite wasn't that far into the woods, but she made her way toward the front of the group so she could hear what was gonna happen for the night. The cameras looked like fun, even if she was pretty sure they'd only find normal woodland animals on their trip, but she wasn't very technologically savvy (outside of her kitchen, anyway) so she stayed behind to help set up the tents.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:17 pm
A.) Go into the woods to gather kindling?

Lean Cuisine took a quick look at the campsite, tossed her head and straightened up, a small frown emerging on her face. She didn't have a problem with nature and dirt, she had a problem with a lack of preparedness (which is, as everyone knows, the foundation for success).

Why were they setting up now, at night? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have people help set up in the light of day? Perhaps not the cameras or even the tents, but certainly they could have collected firewood sometime before now.

She knew exactly what she was going to do. It was obvious: Collect firewood; how else would she cook? She wished that she had one of her siblings with her; the more individuals working in harmony, the more efficiency (and harmony was easy to achieve with her ordering her siblings around). Alas, she had come without them, so she followed the others going to collect firewood (luckily they weren't particularly inconspicuous or quiet).  

Amorpheous

Human Human

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:18 pm
B) Help set up the tents

Friend-Ship decided that he'd best serve the group by setting up their camp. Mostly he helped other phonies set up tents - he was a little too little to rig them up on his own, plus he'd never done it before, so that would have been rough.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:20 pm
C.) Set up camera traps?

Hachi Machi. Cute girls abound. Riot had been hoping for a few opportunities to show off to a pretty lady, come off as cool and suave, and look like she just found one. She didn't know about the 'dream' part but strap some wings on her and she'd certainly have the manic pixie bit down pact. Funny how a girl could be spooked by aliens when they were distinctly hunting monsters tonight.

"Well you certainly flip on a dime. Glad to know I didn't spook you too hard though." Riot probably only caught half of that, but between offers of food and the company of a cute girl, she'd be happy to follow along. "Glad you like the headlamp. I'm not really moved by the whole idea that there are ghouls in the forest or something, but I'm not about to be unprepared if we run into a Sasquatch. They're known to drop rocks on pony's heads, and honestly the only thing I've got going for me is my thick skull. Can't have some weirdo forest monkey ruining that." Proud. She was so proud of her invention. Duct Tape solved everything.

"And I'm not too sure about that. The hair's natural. You honestly strike me as more 'last girl' material." Riot didn't know about the pasta, but BP struck her as a little too innocent to get picked off in a typical horror flick. She grabbed the cameras for both her and Boysenberry and took off toward the woods. "I'm Riot by the way, since apparently we're gonna be protecting each other from haunts you should at least know my name."

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:28 pm
B.) Help set up the tents

Golden Doubloon listened and nodded along to the plan. As the team broke off to do what they thought best she decided to lend a hoof to those setting up the tents. Right now there were only a few phonies fighting with the tarps and there would be lots of phonies in need of a place to sleep in a few hours.

"Let me help you guys!" She called to Caramel Crisp, Draft Punk, and lil Friend-ship as she quickly zoomed over and worked to put tents together. "We totally got this. Just gotta set up these sticks and put these things over them!" She held up the tarps and buzzed to the nearest partially set-up tent. "Just like...this?" Looked good enough.

Byagane319

Strawberri Stardust

Kitty Sprightt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:45 pm
C.) Set up camera traps

The sooner they got the 'plan' over with, the sooner she could begin what she came for. Picking up one of the remaining cameras, she slung it on her back and trotted a short distance from the camp -- not so far to be out of view of it, because if they were hunting cryptids, they would surely come close enough to see what was going on. Strange objects standing away from the strange group of Phonies would be more obvious than one closer within. Or so she reasoned.

Catwalk set it up as instructed, though she was no stranger to cameras and the self-snapping ones such as these. Working with animals made her a bit more aware of the difficulties in that perfect snap.  

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:55 pm
C.) Set up camera traps?

Night Scout's eyes widened at the cameras Skirmish showed off. Oh. Ehm. Gee. Yes! Yes, that was such a good idea! Was their guide secretly a professional? And even if she wasn't...she should be. "I want to put up cameras!" he announced to no one in particular. There were others who could help out with the campsite stuff. Getting all those cameras up, though, were the most important thing. And maybe he'd find something while he was out there! Ooh, now that was a thought. Made him rush even faster to get going, not really paying attention to anyone else or doing a good job avoiding barreling into anyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 pm
A) Go into the woods to get kindling

Crypt listened to the explanation from their guide with utmost attention. Her demeanor was odd, which quite matched her appearance, and he found that somewhat of a comfort once the information really began rolling from her lips. Skirmish's description of the camera's functionality assured Crypt Keeper that their main objective was merely to observe and he appreciated the sentiment of evidence being the first priority versus any other use that machete might have.

A quick glance around the area told him that most other phonies did not want to go too far from their chosen campsite. While he couldn't blame them, and certainly he too wanted to assist with readying the cameras, he was not without his own. The faster the camp was established the sooner they could get out and start their investigation, so Crypt took that to be priority. Light and warmth were always the first necessity when it came to the outdoors, so collecting wood for the fire was a logical choice... and, in all honesty, a crispy toasted marshmallow sounded like it would hit the spot right about now.

He followed a few nearby beams of light treading out into the surrounding wilderness to begin collecting twigs, dried leaves, and dead grass to serve as tinder.  

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

wasluxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:20 pm
C.) Set up camera traps

A late night in the woods? Oh yes, Spider Eyes liked the sound of that! After listening to what all needed to be done, he decided setting up the cameras was the best thing he could do. After all, he came out here for one thing only: to see the monster thing! Sure the camping aspect was cool too, but what if it was the camera HE set up that captured a picture of the creature? That would be SO MUCH COOLER than marshmallows and tents!

Just as he was about to take a step to follow Miss Odd-Eyes, one of the adults bounced over his head and trotted after her. Well! That could have been bad, what if his hoof had come down on Spider? He could have been squished! He wasn't sure he could really blame him, though, as dividing the massive group into smaller groups was a relief. Spider trotted after him, grabbed a camera, and headed for the trees. Not to his surprise, he noticed he wasn't the only babben with that idea, and he figured he ought to keep an eye on them. After all, not everyone had brought light to see with, and not everyone was as fearless as he! After setting up his own camera, he trotted around the other babbens to lend his lantern if need be. He could be a jerk, but he wasn't oblivious to the fact that they were all made with the same basic material. A phony was a phony! Even if few were as awesome as he~  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 pm
B.) Help set up the tents?

Although it was very tempting to go help set up cameras to check herself out and see if the recordings section worked, Bullseye decided to help set up the tents instead. She was good with ropes and poles. And if setting up tents were super easily done quickly, she could even help set up a campfire.

She trotted after a few other phonies and grabbed onto the nearest tentpole and jammed it down into the earth. "Hey darlings, let me help out too. If we finish earlier than expected, i can definitely start a campfire to keep ourselves warm with. If not, we can keep ourselves warm with a group huddle," and she gave them all a wink.

Ac.Wings

Byagane319

Strawberri Stardust

Kitty Sprightt

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 pm
. Round 3: Clearly, It's a Monstrous Alien .

The fire made, Skirmish dons a headlamp and throws some small wax pucks onto the flames, along with some powder. The flames turn a bright pale green, as does the smoke- which rises in the air, pluming and billowing. Stepping away from the fire, she nods. "There. That'll last us the night. If you get separated from the group, head towards the green smoke- it'll rise above the treeline. Better than getting lost in these woods." She nodded sagely. "The clearing and main path are easy enough to find, but it gets deep in there- folks get twisted around and lost. And spending a night on your own in here..." She looks over all the foals and frowns. "Not a good idea. That's why we're going to stick together!" Her frown bounces back to a toothy smile as she gestures over her shoulder.

"Come on, let's set out! The creature's been spotted a few times to the north of here, so we'll head that way and circle around- see if we don't flush it out. We don't need to be super quiet or anything- not yet, at any rate. Just- keep in mind, we're not sure what it is yet. It might just be some weird, big animal- although I'm not sure of anything the proper size for the descriptions that have been going around. I've heard aliens, I've heard monsters- but whatever it is, don't panic. Try to keep a level head- we don't want to hurt. We just want to find out about it." Headlamp on, your guide presses forwards. You ponder as you follow her- what exactly do you think is out here?

Well, what is it?
A: A monster!
B: An alien!
C: Something with a perfectly logical explanation.
D: Something else (what?)

Please bold your choice at the top of your post and don't forget the RP!

Midnightglow18

Syrcaid

purplerosesbeauty

SilverLutz

Fea Line

Biblioburro

Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

Strawberri Stardust

Byagane319

cursedandwandering

lux_rayne13