Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Remake VS. Orignal Intro Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Remake or Original Intro
Original
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Remake
64%
 64%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:57 pm
It's a horrible reminder of the terrible times in North America back then. When censorship was ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:55 pm
And hows has it gotten better?  

Krav3n88

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:07 am
Well, now they're not gonna be afraid to show some gore in cinematics. Like, Joseph being torn apart by the cerberus. Back then, they didn't even want to show Kenneth's head falling off.
Censorship isn't HALF as bad now as it used to be. Which is a good thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:40 pm
I like the remake intro.  

Revy_TwoGun

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, now they're not gonna be afraid to show some gore in cinematics. Like, Joseph being torn apart by the cerberus. Back then, they didn't even want to show Kenneth's head falling off.
Censorship isn't HALF as bad now as it used to be. Which is a good thing.
Now when you say censorship isn't "half as bad as it used to be," don't you mean how media desensitizing has caused standards to diminish?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:35 pm
REmake intro is a lot more intense while the RE 1 is with actual full on actors with some pretty terrible, when I went to play the original again I had a good chuckle at how ridiculous it was. but I guess it was the s**t when it came out.  

Severance09

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:37 am
I can't believe I never commented on this before.

All I can say is that when I first played REmake, I remember being extremely dissapointed when the intro came to a close and there was no "CAST" section. I absolutely loved that. The music, that dude's voice announcing the characters, their stats and blood type and everything displayed on the lower right-hand corner; everything. Sure, it was definitely cheesy, but it got me pumped to take on that mansion. And when that dude announces your name, you are inifinitely cool and badass for life.

I think the original's is a lot more memorable because it's so bad. That's the charm. I love the cheesiness. That's a big reason why I prefer the original to REmake. REmake lost all that, thus losing a big part of the appeal for me. But that's just me.

Now, in terms of pure quality, the REmake intro wins hands down. There's no disputing that. I don't see how anybody could think any differently or think that the original's was more scary. Because yeah, you can actually take REmake's intro seriously, because it's much better done. The original's is just cheesy.

Furthermore, the live-action just doesn't really blend in well with the graphics and presentation of the rest of the game. Like, when the characters go from live actors to blocky character models... not such a subtle transition there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:30 am
Thee Stranger
I can't believe I never commented on this before.

All I can say is that when I first played REmake, I remember being extremely dissapointed when the intro came to a close and there was no "CAST" section. I absolutely loved that. The music, that dude's voice announcing the characters, their stats and blood type and everything displayed on the lower right-hand corner; everything. Sure, it was definitely cheesy, but it got me pumped to take on that mansion. And when that dude announces your name, you are inifinitely cool and badass for life.

I think the original's is a lot more memorable because it's so bad. That's the charm. I love the cheesiness. That's a big reason why I prefer the original to REmake. REmake lost all that, thus losing a big part of the appeal for me. But that's just me.

Now, in terms of pure quality, the REmake intro wins hands down. There's no disputing that. I don't see how anybody could think any differently or think that the original's was more scary. Because yeah, you can actually take REmake's intro seriously, because it's much better done. The original's is just cheesy.

Furthermore, the live-action just doesn't really blend in well with the graphics and presentation of the rest of the game. Like, when the characters go from live actors to blocky character models... not such a subtle transition there.

Yeah, but originally RE was made to parodize the old B-Horror movies. But by 2000, Resident Evil was already its own name. I think the point of Remake was to make it a bit more relevant to current video games. Bringing RE into the new generation (yet keeping it so close to home, unlike some OTHER games we know. No, NO Bio! Don't go on a tangent!)
So I don't think bringing back the cheesiness would've been the ideal decision.

But I gotta say, something about live action cinematics that just makes them awesome. Not just in RE, I like them in video games in general. It's like... A movie that COULD be. It's the striptease of movies. It gives you a little glimpse of what could be, and then takes it away. But it leaves a powerful imprint in the imagination.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:39 am
Totally agree with you there. Nobody does live action anymore. I loved when I first popped in Red Strike and they actually had live actors (good ones too). Man, I miss that stuff. Wish more new games would do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:46 am
Yeah. AGAIN! Technical limitations, right? Not much of that anymore.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Shy_Music_Angel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:22 am
i would say the Remake intro is better than the original one  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:41 am
The biggest problem I have with the original intro is that whole censorship thing. I mean, okay, so they cut some scenes out from the North American version, that's not even the biggest problem, the fact that it's black and white... I mean, why? It's so inconsistent.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:42 pm
I kinda like the black and white. The fact that they cut it to shreds is a little more bothersome. I mean, the way it's edited just makes it ten times more cheesy. Like, I had no idea what Joseph got so freaked out about when he picked up the hand until I saw the uncut version. Then they put out the "Director's Cut", and all that stuff is still cut out. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:49 pm
Well, if the WHOLE GAME was black and white... I'd have no problem with that, even though I'm sure majority of the public would, because they can't handle something that's different from the norm.
I'd like to see that actually, I mean, you got games that immitate 1970's grindhouse effects with the noise and film grain and all that, why not immitate 1950's and 60's black and white horror movies?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:07 pm
Yeah, that could be cool. But yeah, it'd never sell in today's market. Maybe have an unlockable color mode? Kinda defeats the purpose, I guess.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff