Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Silver Millennium speculation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in Silver Millennium stories?
  Yes!
  kinda...
  Not really.
View Results

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:05 pm
Rush_Hardroc
yeah but i honestly don't think that Christian symbols aren't something you just decorate with. it's a symbol of the faith. There is too much evidence that says it... Chances are good that Naoko-hime is saved! Yay! I'd be beside myself happy if it were confirmed true.

I highly doubt it. Just like people use the Buddah(he's a symbol of faith as is Shiva, Zues, Suzuki, and the Loa) for some type of symbolism, others can use the cross and a number of other things just because they can and they want to. Heck she used butterflies in the manga and they too are a symbol of faith for some cultures because they are said to be the souls of the dead just like fireflies are in some other cultures.
She uses these things because they're popular plus, who says she did it intentionally.

I don't think she's Christian. I don't se why you should care if she's christian or Shinto or anything else.

She wrote a good story and is very popular even now.

What should it matter if she used those elements? I use them myself in my works yet I am not Christian at all. I am agnostic.

The basic thing she works with is Birth,development, death and the prospect of rebirth. That's not a 'christian' thing because it's an overall thing that nearly all religions I've seen dealt with.

Her story isn't that serious as to get in a religious debate over.

So, even if she is- which I doubt- it wouldn't really matter.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:35 am
Luamervara
Rush_Hardroc
yeah but i honestly don't think that Christian symbols aren't something you just decorate with. it's a symbol of the faith. There is too much evidence that says it... Chances are good that Naoko-hime is saved! Yay! I'd be beside myself happy if it were confirmed true.

I highly doubt it. Just like people use the Buddah(he's a symbol of faith as is Shiva, Zues, Suzuki, and the Loa) for some type of symbolism, others can use the cross and a number of other things just because they can and they want to. Heck she used butterflies in the manga and they too are a symbol of faith for some cultures because they are said to be the souls of the dead just like fireflies are in some other cultures.
She uses these things because they're popular plus, who says she did it intentionally.

I don't think she's Christian. I don't se why you should care if she's christian or Shinto or anything else.

She wrote a good story and is very popular even now.

What should it matter if she used those elements? I use them myself in my works yet I am not Christian at all. I am agnostic.

The basic thing she works with is Birth,development, death and the prospect of rebirth. That's not a 'christian' thing because it's an overall thing that nearly all religions I've seen dealt with.

Her story isn't that serious as to get in a religious debate over.

So, even if she is- which I doubt- it wouldn't really matter.
concurred. 3nodding  

pink robotic techno kitty

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:36 pm
........................... ok..... i suppose...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:39 pm
Anyways... I'd like to get back to the original topic of this thread... How the heck did we get into religeous conversations anyway?  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:04 pm
Rush_Hardroc
Anyways... I'd like to get back to the original topic of this thread... How the heck did we get into religeous conversations anyway?

I do believe you started it and others expressed their opinions on it and how these elements are similar in nearly every religion you look at and how you expressed the thought that 'hey, she might be a christian that's why she used all that symbolism stuff'

Which we expressed as '...um..no...she most likely is not in order to toss that stuff around.'

that's how we got into that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:32 pm
You have an amazing basis for a story. There are a few things I wanted to point out and ask you though.

Princess Serenity wasn't "born" exactly, at least according to the manga. In the manga Sailor Cosmos revealed that Queen Serenity traveled to the "Galaxy Cauldron" where all stars are born and that there she was given a star/starseed (the silver crystal) which transformed into a little girl in her arms. Princess Serenity. No I'm not kooky this WAS in the manga, volume five of SailorStars I believe. Why do I say it was the silver crystal? because they looked the same and according to both the manga all starseeds are born from the galaxy cauldron and according to the anime and manga the silver crystal was SailorMoons starseed. In the Anime Galaxia flat out says and I quote, "You think to defeat me with the light of your starseed?" when Sailor Moon busts out with Silver crystal.

The Sailor Senshi each had their own little guardians
Chibiuas=Diana
Usagi=Luna
Minako=Artemis
Rei=Phobos and Deimos
I can't recall the rest though.

Queen S and Helios aren't from the same time there's at least a 1000 yrs difference in age and appearance in BSSM, plus there are romantic connotations between Helios and Chibiusa in anime and manga.

There were romantic connotations between the inner senshi and endymions generals.

There is speculation on the identity of Sailor Cosmos because she only appears in the manga as chibichibi and really only makes commentary about her cowardice and how SM is the only one who can save them ect....Many believe she is the final form of Sailor Moon though she wasn't shown in crystal tokyo. Yeah she isn't in the silver Millenium but I mention her because she was the one who told Usagi about the Galaxy Cauldren.

The princess was forever sneaking off to the earth and her senshi always were sent to drag her back.

Beryl was just another girl with high ambitions and was crazy in love with Endymion who never paid her too much attention.

The princess killed herself because endymion died to protect her. Everyone died but was reincarnated.

Omg this is a long post, I'll stop now!
Either way it goes you have the makings of a wicked cool story and I hope some of this randomness helps make it even better!
PM me if you want to know anything else although Wikipedia actually has EVERYTHING there is to know about SailorMoon...EVERYTHING!
Good Luck!!! xd  

yamisukui

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:56 pm
Luamervara
Rush_Hardroc

I do believe you started it and others expressed their opinions on it and how these elements are similar in nearly every religion you look at and how you expressed the thought that 'hey, she might be a christian that's why she used all that symbolism stuff'

Which we expressed as '...um..no...she most likely is not in order to toss that stuff around.'

that's how we got into that.

Ah.. yes i see... well enough then.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:59 pm
yamisukui
You have an amazing basis for a story. There are a few things I wanted to point out and ask you though.

Princess Serenity wasn't "born" exactly, at least according to the manga. In the manga Sailor Cosmos revealed that Queen Serenity traveled to the "Galaxy Cauldron" where all stars are born and that there she was given a star/starseed (the silver crystal) which transformed into a little girl in her arms. Princess Serenity. No I'm not kooky this WAS in the manga, volume five of SailorStars I believe. Why do I say it was the silver crystal? because they looked the same and according to both the manga all starseeds are born from the galaxy cauldron and according to the anime and manga the silver crystal was SailorMoons starseed. In the Anime Galaxia flat out says and I quote, "You think to defeat me with the light of your starseed?" when Sailor Moon busts out with Silver crystal.

The Sailor Senshi each had their own little guardians
Chibiuas=Diana
Usagi=Luna
Minako=Artemis
Rei=Phobos and Deimos
I can't recall the rest though.

Queen S and Helios aren't from the same time there's at least a 1000 yrs difference in age and appearance in BSSM, plus there are romantic connotations between Helios and Chibiusa in anime and manga.

There were romantic connotations between the inner senshi and endymions generals.

There is speculation on the identity of Sailor Cosmos because she only appears in the manga as chibichibi and really only makes commentary about her cowardice and how SM is the only one who can save them ect....Many believe she is the final form of Sailor Moon though she wasn't shown in crystal tokyo. Yeah she isn't in the silver Millenium but I mention her because she was the one who told Usagi about the Galaxy Cauldren.

The princess was forever sneaking off to the earth and her senshi always were sent to drag her back.

Beryl was just another girl with high ambitions and was crazy in love with Endymion who never paid her too much attention.

The princess killed herself because endymion died to protect her. Everyone died but was reincarnated.

Omg this is a long post, I'll stop now!
Either way it goes you have the makings of a wicked cool story and I hope some of this randomness helps make it even better!
PM me if you want to know anything else although Wikipedia actually has EVERYTHING there is to know about SailorMoon...EVERYTHING!
Good Luck!!! xd

WTF??? you mean there was no father in the manga??? oh my freaking GOD!!! Y-Y-You sure??? This changes everything! I might as well scrap my story, then... DAMMIT! *sarcastically* gee thanx for telling me this...

Ok... the story is no defunct and will not be continued... in fact, it will be deleted all together. I guess I'll reroute my inspirations toward another project... which I have no idea what it is. *feels as if world is falling apart* what the hell am I gonna do now???  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:24 am
............................hey waitaminute!..... They didn't say a damn thing about it in the anime... and my story uses elements of both manga and anime.... what's to say i can't go by the anime for that part? *fishes scrapped story out of trash* you know what? I'm gonna continue it after all... in fact, i just edited it because the parts about Helios being Serenity's brother don't add up according to Stars.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:46 am
That's the nice thing about a non-canon universe. If it doesn't make sense, toss it. 3nodding  

lightsenshi

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:38 pm
Rush_Hardroc
............................hey waitaminute!..... They didn't say a damn thing about it in the anime... and my story uses elements of both manga and anime.... what's to say i can't go by the anime for that part? *fishes scrapped story out of trash* you know what? I'm gonna continue it after all... in fact, i just edited it because the parts about Helios being Serenity's brother don't add up according to Stars.

They don't add up in SuperS either... O.o;;; He's the guardian of a realm of Earth. Why would he be related to a Moonian?

And yeah, the anime left the background a LOT more open family wise, it's why I use the Manga for history when I write fanfics or make roleplays.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:41 pm
~Alechsa~
Rush_Hardroc

They don't add up in SuperS either... O.o;;; He's the guardian of a realm of Earth. Why would he be related to a Moonian?

And yeah, the anime left the background a LOT more open family wise, it's why I use the Manga for history when I write fanfics or make roleplays.

I suspected that Queen Serenity and Helios were related because of the slight resemblence between the two. However, this turns out to be a fluke, so I scrapped that part.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:36 pm
Rush_Hardroc
~Alechsa~
Rush_Hardroc

I suspected that Queen Serenity and Helios were related because of the slight resemblence between the two. However, this turns out to be a fluke, so I scrapped that part.

That's hardly a good reason to relate them. Chibiusa has red eyes and pluto does too. Doesn't mean they're related either.

This is unless you went by mythology. which would make him Chibiusa's Great Uncle- making their 'pure' love incestiously sick.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:07 am
Luamervara
Rush_Hardroc
~Alechsa~
Rush_Hardroc

That's hardly a good reason to relate them. Chibiusa has red eyes and pluto does too. Doesn't mean they're related either.

This is unless you went by mythology. which would make him Chibiusa's Great Uncle- making their 'pure' love incestiously sick.

mythology was another part of it. In the myths, Helios was the twin brother of Selene (Serenity). yeah... but it no longer matters as the defunct concept no longer exists. What part Helios is going to play in the story I don't exactly know, but I do know I'm using alot of mythology.

Here's an example: It's an obvious assumption that Sailor Cenus's mother was Aphrodite, right? Well, guess who was Aphrodite's husband in mythology... Hephastus. I plan to make this dude a minor character. Details are still sketchy, but I really want to push the Sci-fi with him, tho.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:09 pm
Rush_Hardroc
Luamervara
Rush_Hardroc
~Alechsa~
Rush_Hardroc

mythology was another part of it. In the myths, Helios was the twin brother of Selene (Serenity). yeah... but it no longer matters as the defunct concept no longer exists. What part Helios is going to play in the story I don't exactly know, but I do know I'm using alot of mythology.

Here's an example: It's an obvious assumption that Sailor Cenus's mother was Aphrodite, right? Well, guess who was Aphrodite's husband in mythology... Hephastus. I plan to make this dude a minor character. Details are still sketchy, but I really want to push the Sci-fi with him, tho.

Hephastus isn't little known. I wouldn't go heavy on the Greek things if I were you. There was also Adonis and Eros (Eros being the 'son' of Aphordite and the personfication of 'Desire'. It doesn't say -who- the mother of Aphrodite.

Quote:

n Greek mythology, Aphrodite is the goddess of love, beauty and sexual rapture. According to Hesiod, she was born when Uranus (the father of the gods) was castrated by his son Cronus. Cronus threw the severed genitals into the ocean which began to churn and foam about them. From the aphros ("sea foam") arose Aphrodite, and the sea carried her to either Cyprus or Cythera. Hence she is often referred to as Kypris and Cytherea. Homer calls her a daughter of Zeus and Dione.
(Source: http://www.pantheon.org/areas/mythology/europe/greek/articles.html )

Some birth.

I know Helios and Selene and Eros were siblings. (there's a no duh moment there.) However Helios's role was -already- stated in both Manga and Anime.
He's the priest of Elysion, he prays at the holy shrine which is near to the Golden Kingdom. That's how he knew of the prince(Endymion). Also stated back then before his imprisonment he receives a vision of Princess Lady Serenity telling him to find ' A maiden that is a princess but a warrior with pure dreams' (Something along that lines.)
Also stated, the Golden Crystal (Which Helios is -not- a guardian over.) is sealed within the said prince.

Helios is also connected to the Earth and the Prince. So if you mess with Earthy you screw the other two over too.

Another thing helios does is that he is able to purify things. However it shows he only does that in great need. He can go through other people's dreams mostly in the form of his favorite steed Pegasus. (which is winged and has the golden horn.) and he can take on that form.

He knows of the Princess Serenity (Well...who didn't?) and of the Prince Endymion's roles in protecting earth- so it shows that he is knowledgable about things partianing to the Earth.
It also notes that there are shrine maidens who are called Maenads (look it up.). They don't have names (indivual ones) as far as anyone can tell.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff