The What If Machine Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:52 am
Tirno
Hurin revealed only the region in which Gondolin lay, but Maeglin revealed the precise location.

Yeah...Hurin himself did not even know where Gondolin was located, but he went to the general area and wandered there, crying out. That alerted Morgoth to the region, and then Maeglin came along and ratted out the location of the hidden city and was promised to be given Idril as his present for ratting out Gondolin.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:04 pm
Sounds reasonable 3nodding Poor Noldor, one way or another they're screwed xp

Any other "What if's"?  

SYFFER

Tirno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:11 pm
SYFFER

Yeah, that's what happens when you make stupid promises.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:55 pm
Tirno
SYFFER

Not to mention piss off a bunch of all powerful Gods sweatdrop  

SYFFER

Tirno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:10 pm
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER

Not to mention piss off a bunch of all powerful Gods sweatdrop

Haha, or close enough to all-powerful. Hmm, we really need a 'What If'...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:20 pm
What if Grima had not killed Saruman?  

SYFFER

Tirno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:11 am
SYFFER

Saruman wouldn't have fallen off Orthanc, then. Haha, just kidding. Well, if you mean that Grima wouldn't kill Saruman at that instant, then he probably would have just done it sometime later, after they wander after being cast of out the Shire. If you mean never kill him at all, I think Saruman would still wander around, and Grima be even more miserable (it didn't seem like Grima could ever just leave Saruman).  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:00 pm
Tirno
SYFFER

Saruman wouldn't have fallen off Orthanc, then. Haha, just kidding. Well, if you mean that Grima wouldn't kill Saruman at that instant, then he probably would have just done it sometime later, after they wander after being cast of out the Shire. If you mean never kill him at all, I think Saruman would still wander around, and Grima be even more miserable (it didn't seem like Grima could ever just leave Saruman).
But wouldn't Saruman try to regain his power and possibly become the new Dark Lord? Sauron was pretty beat up at the end of the second age but he came back stronger than before.  

SYFFER

Tirno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:05 pm
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER

But wouldn't Saruman try to regain his power and possibly become the new Dark Lord? Sauron was pretty beat up at the end of the second age but he came back stronger than before.

Well, Sauron had the Ring, and that's what allowed him to come back. I don't know if Saruman could regain what powers he had, though I find it unlikely after the breaking of his staff, which seems to point towards weakening of his powers. Gandalf said that even the power of his voice of waning.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:48 pm
Tirno
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER

Well, Sauron had the Ring, and that's what allowed him to come back. I don't know if Saruman could regain what powers he had, though I find it unlikely after the breaking of his staff, which seems to point towards weakening of his powers. Gandalf said that even the power of his voice of waning.
Well that's true but what if Saruman had made another object (a ring of his own perhaps) to use to come back in case of his defeat?  

SYFFER

Tirno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:07 pm
SYFFER
Well that's true but what if Saruman had made another object (a ring of his own perhaps) to use to come back in case of his defeat?

Well, if I remember correctly, Saruman did make a Ring of his own (he claimed the title "Ring-maker"), but it didn't seem to hold that much power.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:43 pm
Tirno
SYFFER

Well, if I remember correctly, Saruman did make a Ring of his own (he claimed the title "Ring-maker"), but it didn't seem to hold that much power.
That's true. Saruman may be a weaker Maia but I think that after the defeat of Sauron, another Maia if not Morgoth himself would return to fill the void. I think that Tolkien intended it to be that after the Elves left Middle-earth, Men dominated and eventually evolved into us. So perhaps there was a Sauron in every century or period. Hitler would possibly be the Sauron of the twentieth century. So if that's true, what Sauron will we have for this century?  

SYFFER

Tirno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:21 am
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER

That's true. Saruman may be a weaker Maia but I think that after the defeat of Sauron, another Maia if not Morgoth himself would return to fill the void. I think that Tolkien intended it to be that after the Elves left Middle-earth, Men dominated and eventually evolved into us. So perhaps there was a Sauron in every century or period. Hitler would possibly be the Sauron of the twentieth century. So if that's true, what Sauron will we have for this century?

Haha, I guess some might compare Hitler's skills as a speaker and the power of Saruman's voice. But as far as weaker Maiar coming after Sauron, it might be possible. But I think they were running out of evil, powerful Maiar; the balrogs were gone, the fiercer dragons, etc. Most of the evil after Sauron was probably Man vs. Man.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:10 pm
Tirno
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER

Haha, I guess some might compare Hitler's skills as a speaker and the power of Saruman's voice. But as far as weaker Maiar coming after Sauron, it might be possible. But I think they were running out of evil, powerful Maiar; the balrogs were gone, the fiercer dragons, etc. Most of the evil after Sauron was probably Man vs. Man.
And that backs up my theory that Tolkien wanted the Men of Middle-earth to evolve into us. Our wars are just part of a chain extending since the first battle of Middle-earth  

SYFFER

Tirno

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:41 pm
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER
Tirno
SYFFER

And that backs up my theory that Tolkien wanted the Men of Middle-earth to evolve into us. Our wars are just part of a chain extending since the first battle of Middle-earth

If I remember correctly, the whole Middle-Earth legendarium was to be taken as a mythology concerning this very Earth.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff