100%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 28

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 pm
Yes, I find it very romantic now that I've made the connection!! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:26 pm
Oh, that *is* romantic! biggrin

And now, to completely change the subject:

Apparently only one word from the Dunlendings came to be recognized in other areas of ME, and it wasn't a flattering one, either. It was "forgoil", meaning "strawheads", their term of high insult against their mortal enemies, the Rohirrim...  

Nerienda

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm
O.o That's kinda random xd That's sad though, too bad more of their language didn't show up  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:04 am
So is that symbolic of the heated rivalry between the two nations? I suppose it would be a modern day "blonde" insult. Blonde=strawhead.

Strawhead could also refer to scarecrows whom have no brains and are very ugly...

That is a high insult. I wonder if anyone called Legolas a forgoil.....  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:35 am
I think it is very symbolic surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:08 pm
The little girl who runs up to Sam at the very end is Sean Astin's actual daughter, Alexandra - isn't she a cutie??  

Amaris Morven

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:20 pm
Yeah, although its no surprise since she has a father like Sean Astin, he's just a very cute man.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:02 am
I didn't realize that PJ's children weren't the only ones making cameo appearances in the movies! razz That's cool! She *is* a cutie, too.

And I think that if anyone tried calling Legolas a 'forgoil', he'd skewer them before they could blink, then calmly explain to them the error of their ways...  

Nerienda

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:15 pm
That's a cool bit of information, I didn't know that surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:23 am
Nerienda
I think that if anyone tried calling Legolas a 'forgoil', he'd skewer them before they could blink, then calmly explain to them the error of their ways...

rofl Although, I thought elves were not hasty creatures, and surely Legolas with his infinite wisdom....then again forgoil is a very high insult and not to be taken lightly.  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:38 am
You can never trust the quiet ones ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:16 am
Hey! I'm usually a quiet one....well until I got to high school that it, then the work got boring...had to make the lesson fun somehow =P.

Anyway, I was reading the Orlando Bloom bio, and it mentioned that Legolas was "His face is fairer than that of Men." Do you think that automatically put him in the running for movie eye candy?  

Rudhe
Captain

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:35 pm
Most likely xd  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:47 pm
Going back to something that was mentioned earlier....
When Tolkein and Lewis and the others would have their discussions, Tolkien would occasionally try to bring up things that were happening in his life, such as the fact he and his wife were having problems with their marriage, but Lewis would immediately crush any such attempt and it strained their relationship.  

Tears of the Siren

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:59 pm
Awww that's sad sad  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items