Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
.:: Chinese Dim Sum ::. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dim Sum?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 47 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
What is Dim Sum?
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 57

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:59 am
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim
sasa_powa_4eva
Well it depends what it is. The average cost of one dish of Dim Sum (usually with 3) is $3CAN here in Canada, Quebec.

Wow, that's crazy! $3 CDN? In Toronto, my family only goes to places that range from $1.50 - $2.20 CDN.

@tamcharles: Yes, shiu mai is among my favourites too. I really like yellow wrap and of course, the meat. smile

@wiim: really? that's super cheap!! here it's like 4.50 american
@tamcharles: lol that's a lot... but there's like not much in the bamboo plates so really you're not eating alot. and since you're sharing with your brother then you're eating even less.^^
damn you peopel... now i've got the craving for shui mai... thanks alot... stare
Hahaha! Good, ask your parents to YUM CHA then! Won't they be surprised? surprised

i wish but then there aren't any places in the state that i know of that has shui mai which means i'm going to have to get in the car with my dad and brother again and endure 21 hr. drive all the way to manhattan just for shui mai... er... i don't think so. I'll stomp out my craving instead. lol... i'll be getting some soon.... xp domokun
Do you know if you can buy those premade-frozen ones that you just steam up? They're pretty good too. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:50 am
tamcharles
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim
sasa_powa_4eva
Well it depends what it is. The average cost of one dish of Dim Sum (usually with 3) is $3CAN here in Canada, Quebec.

Wow, that's crazy! $3 CDN? In Toronto, my family only goes to places that range from $1.50 - $2.20 CDN.

@tamcharles: Yes, shiu mai is among my favourites too. I really like yellow wrap and of course, the meat. smile

@tamcharles: lol that's a lot... but there's like not much in the bamboo plates so really you're not eating alot. and since you're sharing with your brother then you're eating even less.^^
damn you peopel... now i've got the craving for shui mai... thanks alot... stare
Hahaha! Good, ask your parents to YUM CHA then! Won't they be surprised? surprised

i wish but then there aren't any places in the state that i know of that has shui mai which means i'm going to have to get in the car with my dad and brother again and endure 21 hr. drive all the way to manhattan just for shui mai... er... i don't think so. I'll stomp out my craving instead. lol... i'll be getting some soon.... xp domokun
Do you know if you can buy those premade-frozen ones that you just steam up? They're pretty good too. 3nodding

yeah they're not bad... but my mom's like no get the fresh ones. they're better. so yes. i'm going to have to wait awhile before go back and buy some. blaugh and in the meantime i'll be eating sandwiches and stuff from taco bell... they're addictive... to me at least lol xp  

yalie5

shinelover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:03 am
yalie5
tamcharles
yalie5
wiim
yalie5
wiim
sasa_powa_4eva

yeah they're not bad... but my mom's like no get the fresh ones. they're better. so yes. i'm going to have to wait awhile before go back and buy some. blaugh and in the meantime i'll be eating sandwiches and stuff from taco bell... they're addictive... to me at least lol xp

biggrin nice  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:21 am
Oh the quotes!!! gonk  

cold_blooded_chick

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:26 am
yes the quotes have taken over^^!!! mwahahahahahaha!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:41 pm
xd  

sasa_powa_4eva

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:01 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Oh the quotes!!! gonk

yes, the quotes are back xd 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:02 am
Kurama35
cold_blooded_chick
Oh the quotes!!! gonk

Where's superman when you need him?!?!? gonk  

cold_blooded_chick

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:05 am
cold_blooded_chick
Kurama35
cold_blooded_chick
Oh the quotes!!! gonk

Where's superman when you need him?!?!? gonk

heh, he's either dead or paralyzed for life or he's watching us fight over quotes xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:47 am
So funny! This thread is no more a Dim Sum thread... its turning to be a thread about quotes!  

sasa_powa_4eva

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:33 am
sasa_powa_4eva
So funny! This thread is no more a Dim Sum thread... its turning to be a thread about quotes!

i think this is the second thread that's turining into one about quotes. but we'll get on topic. now does anybody know what ha chaun is? I might be writing it wrong though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:53 pm
yalie5
sasa_powa_4eva

i think this is the second thread that's turining into one about quotes. but we'll get on topic. now does anybody know what ha chaun is? I might be writing it wrong though.

nver heard of it, unless ur spelling is way off
@ sasa, in a lot of the threads, deb is complaining about the "evil" quotes so this isn't anythign new  

[J.C.]

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:52 pm
"Ha chun goon"?? If that's what you're talking about, they are shrimp spring rolls. If not, don't know. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:09 pm
Ha Chun... Is is the white thingy with shrimps inside?  

sasa_powa_4eva

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:53 pm
wiim
"Ha chun goon"?? If that's what you're talking about, they are shrimp spring rolls. If not, don't know. confused

if it is that, then i know what ur talking about  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces