Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
dont you hate it when stuff you like becomes mainstreem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u
yah let them do wat they want
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
no its annoying
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
peh
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

christmas_music

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:24 pm
I was brought up listening to classic rock. I never owned a band t-shirt untill I was in the 8th grade. When I wore it, everyone acted like I was just trying to fit in. In my 8th grade class 99% of the students' favorite type of music was rap (I'm the 1%). I know some rap and hip hop songs so if someone starts one I might join in. Never did I start singing songs by classic rock bands because I knew that I would be the only one singing and probably get into trouble. The day I wore an AC/DC shirt...my classmates went insane! All I kept hearing was "You poser" and "Since when do you know who they are?" and stuff like that. When highschool finally rolled around a year and a half ago I let my inner hippie out. Luckily I found people just like me. But every day in the hallways I see preppy girls who listen to ONLY Jessica Simpson, Brittney Spears, and stuff liek that wearing AC/DC, Pink Floyd, and Zepplin shirts. I finally asked one girl why and she was the dumbest girl ever...her response was "Because I like the clothing brand." She thought that they were clothing brands, not bands...clothing brands!! I never thought I would ever run into someone like that. But the "in" thing is taking over what is real to us. It should be stopped.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:35 pm
Vivafunkmistress
dont u hate that?!its pissing me off.alot of kids who last year thought classic rock and late 60's early 70's music was lame.now they all wear their little dark side of the moon t-shirts and sing stairway to heaven. also all of a sudden the "bohiemian" look has become popular. like i show up in school in my aunt's old hippie skirt and tons of girls are wearing reproductions of it. they have the right to listen to music and wear what they want but it just gets on my nerves that there just doin it because its "in". Like i asked this girl if she even liked ac/dc and she's like "sorta i just thought the t-shirt was cute"
another example.my friend was interviewing people for the school news paper about led zepelin
"i like jimmy page,but i dont like the sex pistols"
wah??

yep ik what u mean its going on everywhere im in NY and everyone is wearing that stuff and 80% of them dnt even like the band or dnt even know who they are " oh its just cute i dnt rly like them" ahhh oh and did u see that sesame street is coming back i see kids that habe elmo hats on now and they are like 17 years old hah  

HippieKrowly

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:01 pm
Yeah, when I moved to where I currently go, all my friend loved Rap in 6th Grade. I always like Classic Rock. From Zeppelin to GNR, and I was one in about 7 people wearing the type of stuff they did. But I moved there listening to that stuff. Then in 7th, about 10 more people started dressing and listening to music like me. It was no big deal then, only 10 people. But, in 8th Grade, almost everywhere I look someone is wearing a Zeppelin shirt or a Sabbath shirt and I ask "You like Zeppelin too?" They say "No, Classic Rock sucks, I just like how the Shirt is desgined." That REALLY pisses me off. And I'm going to 9th Grade and hopefully, people from last year changed to Rap, Gangster look again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is one of the reasons I'm not a people person.

Can't stand 'em.

~Experience Life~

Nen Echui

Angelic Seeker

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:51 pm
I'm not really a people person until they introduce themselves to me first.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:25 am
If you all decide to go to college, the setting is much better. People won't judge how you dress or your beliefs for the most part. Of course there are a few people that still hold onto the high school drama. Just know the grass is a little greener on the other side.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Hairball Essences
Crew

Fashionable Lunatic

5,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:27 am
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

I'm the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:30 am
Hairball Essences
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

I'm the same.
For the most part, I'm the same. Of course I love the people in our little guild and people like us.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:07 am
Definetly. But it is sometimes hard to know if they are a Hippie or not. Me, if you met me in real life, you would either look at me and call me a Classic Rocker, or a Hippie. It's either one or the other.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:53 am
No.

Who cares.

You should like what you like whether or not other people do.

That includes if they do.

non-conforming to non-conform is the same as conforming.

And, the majority of people, do actually like the stuff that is main stream, you liked it before because its awesome, but then when other people think its awesome you start trying to defend it as yours.

But if its actually good then it makes sense for others to like it.

And if they don't like it and they are just faking, thats fine.
I don't see how it really effects me when it happens :

Also, to the people saying they don't like people because of it, if you don't like people then who cares if they all like what you do, if they judge you like THEY JUST LIKE IT CAUSE ITS IN, you shouldn't care cause you don't like people.

The people who are important to you wouldn't judge you.  

Joke Yoda

Wheezing Wrangler

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Teh Ushi-ness

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:22 pm
hmm, yes and no.

first i am just happy they are learning about the music and counterculture.
i'm sure there are many out there who've never really understood rock from the 60s-80s, even 90s.
it can inspire them and give them that beautiful passion.
like it does for the rest of us. :]

on the otherhand.
i do get really upset when people have no idea what they are talking about.
when they don't really care for the music or culture.
but pretend they do. they make us all look like fools.

but i try not to judge anyone. ♥

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 pm
it's unavoidable to not judge anybody though. I only hate it when people start liking the things I like because it's either "in style" or it just "looks cool." That's what really gets under my skin. But if they wear it because of the music and understand it, I am totally cool with that.  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:11 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
it's unavoidable to not judge anybody though. I only hate it when people start liking the things I like because it's either "in style" or it just "looks cool." That's what really gets under my skin. But if they wear it because of the music and understand it, I am totally cool with that.
It's not all about the music, unless it's a band t-shirt. But of course, you should probably like the band if your wearing the shirt. For example, I won't wear my AC/DC t-shirts anymore due to the fact that I lost my taste for them, especially after their new album.

The way I see it, if someone wants to adopt the hippie style, let them. It's not a mainstream style anyways. In the end it's just clothing, don't let that define you. Only You define yourself, and that's all that matters.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:57 pm
I thought their new Album was pretty decent. What's wrong with it? Does it sound to modern or something? Oo;  

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

HippieKrowly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:11 pm
the new ACDC albam isnt that good to me it dnt sound like they used to.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff