Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
How To Be Teh Perfect Asian Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cause Im So Fly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:21 pm
exactly like me. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:43 am
rofl  

Xiao_Jun

NoNewNews

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:40 pm
A few details there do not apply to me, but I assure you the ones with colleges, parents walking 20 miles barefoot and such, studying, 99% where's the other point, and Piano/violin are a definite in my life.
neutral Sad thing is, on my report card I got a C in math.
Oh the joy I shall have.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OO:

I feel sorry for you.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

-alwaysmile-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:27 pm
LMAOOOOOOO~~~~~~ Most of them are SOO TRUE! Almost all asians know how to at least play something, which is why they are always stereotyped. I had soo many ppl ask me if i knew how to play anything, the first thing was the piano and the second one was the violin =___= Almost all asians I know have a gigantic brain...soo smart. And I've heard about the "walking 20 miles by foot" story SOOO MANY times. And my parents always wants me to go into something with science or medical stuff, like

1. Doctor
2. Doctor
3. Doctor
4. Teacher

sweatdrop sweatdrop And I've also heard the sound "Ai-yahhh!" soo many times too eek eek Wow, my parents are the typical asian parents..except they aren't strict with me and let me do whatever i want, with limits of course. So basically whatever i just listed are the only things they do or say ^^ I'm not the typical asian though smile I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:23 pm
rofl

This was great, and kind of true as well, but really the list can go on and on, eg, the perfect parent also has to have the perfect house and a few magazines on the table is considered 'messy'.

I was forced into learning the piano, but I have no musical talent ^^;; and boy, do they love to tell stories of hardship, I was pushing this wheelbarrow for 20kms, blah blah... when all I wanted to do was buy a second hand car crying  

Beatroll

-LittleDuckatBigpond-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:15 am
ha ha I Love those funny stereotypes. I know its somewhat racist but sheesh I even laugh at the ones about my own country.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:50 am
Jazu-chan
ha ha I Love those funny stereotypes. I know its somewhat racist but sheesh I even laugh at the ones about my own country.

Lol same here sometimes.  

-alwaysmile-

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:42 pm
this is what i find true..

How to be a Perfect Asian Kid
(from the first generation perspective)
1. Play the violin or piano on the level of a concert performer.

i dont know about the adult one but yea..
only one. haahaa!!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:44 pm
1. Score a perfect 1600 on the SAT. I don't know what I got. xD
2. Play the violin or piano on the level of a concert performer. ... I play the violin... and I used to play the piano, but that was probably the worst thing that's ever happened to me.
3. Apply to and be accepted by 27 colleges. Like that's gonna happen.
4. Go to an Ivy League university and win enough scholarship money to pay for it. xD?
5. Have four hobbies: studying, studying, violin/piano, and studying. Try eating, sleeping, computer, chatting.
6. Love classical music and detest talking on the telephone. I don't like classical music in particular. Ludacrisetc.ftw. I don't really like talking on the telephone though.
7. Become a Westinghouse, Presidential and eventually a Rhodes Scholar. wut?
8. Aspire to be a brain surgeon. ...Not really.
9. Marry an Asian-American doctor and have perfect, successful children (grandkids for ah-ma and ah-ba!). I'd totally do that. >>
10. Love to hear stories about your parents' childhood...especially the one about walking 20 miles to school without shoes. I do. xD Except my parents were well off and they told me and my siblings stories of the 'people from the mountain'

How to be the Perfect Asian American Parent
(from the second generation perspective)
1. Be a little more lenient on the 7:00 p.m. curfew. huh.
2. Don't ask where the other point went when your child comes home with 99 percent grade on his/her report card. I KNOW REALLY. D:
3. Don't "ai-yah" loudly at your kid's dress habits. My parents don't let me get the clothes I want to if it's low cut, or kinda thin, etc.
4. Don't blatantly hint about the merits of Habadu (Harvard),Yeil (Yale), or Purinsuton (Princeton). xD
5. Don't reveal all the intimate details of your kid's life to the entire Asian community. nope.
6. Don't ask your child, "What are you going to do with your life?" if he/she majors in a non-science field. nope either.
7. Don't give your son a bowl haircut or your daughter two acres of bangs. I didn't have a bowl haircut, but I did have bangs. I didn't for like, one year, now I do again. sidebangs became cool.
8. Don't try to set your kid up on a date in anticipation of their poor taste or inept social skills. lol.
9. Incorporate other phrases besides, "Did you study yet?" into your daily conversations with your children. I stay on the computer way to much.
10. Don't ask all your kid's friends over the age of 21 if they have a boy/girlfriend yet. lol.

irisky

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:58 am
haha.
quite true. quite true.
but living in asia makes you live like hell,
with nowhere to rant and complain,
because, almost EVERY SINGLE PARENT
does that.

no offence to people whose parents don't do such things.

but then, i still love my parents
and respect them.
until they break the trust and respect.
(haven't they done that many times already?!)

OH WELLS.

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:18 pm

1. Score a perfect 1600 on the SAT. I don't think we have that here in Canada.
2. Play the violin or piano on the level of a concert performer. *sighs* I failed at that. XD But I'm in concert band.
3. Apply to and be accepted by 27 colleges. 27 Colleges?!?!?! Well.. they want me to go to nice unis.
4. Go to an Ivy League university and win enough scholarship money to pay for it. Scholarships are nice...what's Ivy Leaque?
5. Have four hobbies: studying, studying, violin/piano, and studying. TRUE TRUE TRUE! They're always like: Stop using the internet or I'll cancel it!!!
6. Love classical music and detest talking on the telephone. Not too sure about that one.. my mum's a Hong Konger so she talks on the phone ALOT... not sure what that has to do with Hong Kong though.
7. Become a Westinghouse, Presidential and eventually a Rhodes Scholar. I don't think they think about that..
8. Aspire to be a brain surgeon. They want me to be a doctor... or optomitrist, or dentist or anything like that. >.<
9. Marry an Asian-American doctor and have perfect, successful children (grandkids for ah-ma and ah-ba!). I'm pretty sure they want wonderful, beautiful, perfect, successful grand children to make up for their horrible un perfect children.
10. Love to hear stories about your parents' childhood...especially the one about walking 20 miles to school without shoes. My dad had his childhood in a village.. lots of stories.

How to be the Perfect Asian American Parent
(from the second generation perspective)

1. Be a little more lenient on the 7:00 p.m. curfew. I don't really have a curfew.
2. Don't ask where the other point went when your child comes home with 99 percent grade on his/her report card. OMG my mum DOES ASK THAT! Where's that 1 percent?!?!
3. Don't "ai-yah" loudly at your kid's dress habits. I don't think my mum cares too much.
4. Don't blatantly hint about the merits of Habadu (Harvard),Yeil (Yale), or Purinsuton (Princeton). XD if we can even afford!
5. Don't reveal all the intimate details of your kid's life to the entire Asian community. I swear all the asian mums are using their "perfect" children to show off...
6. Don't ask your child, "What are you going to do with your life?" if he/she majors in a non-science field. Well, I'm actually good at the sciences and maths... makes up for my l acking in english. XD
7. Don't give your son a bowl haircut or your daughter two acres of bangs. I used to have horrible haircuts.
8. Don't try to set your kid up on a date in anticipation of their poor taste or inept social skills. If I'm even allowed to date..
9. Incorporate other phrases besides, "Did you study yet?" into your daily conversations with your children. True true true!
10. Don't ask all your kid's friends over the age of 21 if they have a boy/girlfriend yet.I don't think I have friends that old... haha I'm only in grade 10.  

Purin9191

Purin9191

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:21 pm
Madam Qiao
rofl

This was great, and kind of true as well, but really the list can go on and on, eg, the perfect parent also has to have the perfect house and a few magazines on the table is considered 'messy'.

That's so true! If the remote controls are not perfectly placed..... XD  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. Score a perfect 1600 on the SAT. (Well, obviously I haven't yet, but I will. >O)
    2. Play the violin or piano on the level of a concert performer.
    (Well, not quite yet, but I got a I for the junior high adjudicated event and absolutely no negative comments. :3 I'll get there someday. >3)
    3. Apply to and be accepted by 27 colleges.
    (Again, not yet, but planning to.)
    4. Go to an Ivy League university and win enough scholarship money to pay for it. (Planning to. ><)
    5. Have four hobbies: studying, studying drawing, violin/piano, and studying Gaiaing.
    (I don't study that much. The American school system is too easy. talk2hand And my mom totally understands that. =D)
    6. Love classical music
    and detest talking on the telephone.
    7. Become a Westinghouse, Presidential and eventually a Rhodes Scholar.
    8. Aspire to be a brain surgeon. (But of course!)
    9. Marry an Asian-American doctor and have perfect, successful children (grandkids for ah-ma and ah-ba!).
    (The Chinese-American dream. =D)
    10. Love to hear stories about your parents' childhood...especially the one about walking 20 miles to school without shoes. (I love those. :3)

Wow. D: I'm so stereotypical.

a polka dot

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas