Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
What's your nationality? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:22 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
[ ~ Wenny ~ ]
Darkaznstargoddess
Lets see..
*Does the math*
32% Vietnamese and 68% Chinese (Cantonese).
0-0;
Vietnam was once ruled by China..
heart Same, we need to learn Vietnamese the next school year at Chua or make our parents teach us.
Well compared to you I consider myself more Chinese.
heart
3nodding
Yeah..
Fun how much more Chinese blood I have but how much closer I feel to Vietnamese than to Chinese.

I think it might have been the way you were brought up. Maybe your parent exposed you more to the vietnamese culture than the chinese and that's why you feel closer to veitnamese than chinese.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:43 pm
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
[ ~ Wenny ~ ]
Darkaznstargoddess
Lets see..
*Does the math*
0-0;
heart Same, we need to learn Vietnamese the next school year at Chua or make our parents teach us.
heart
3nodding
Yeah..
Fun how much more Chinese blood I have but how much closer I feel to Vietnamese than to Chinese.

I think it might have been the way you were brought up. Maybe your parent exposed you more to the vietnamese culture than the chinese and that's why you feel closer to veitnamese than chinese.
That I highly doubt. My parents spoke cantonese the whole time they raised me and I was never around any full blooded Vietnamese people untill later on in my life. So that is pretty unlikely.  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:06 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
[ ~ Wenny ~ ]
Darkaznstargoddess
Lets see..
*Does the math*
0-0;
heart
3nodding
Yeah..

That I highly doubt. My parents spoke cantonese the whole time they raised me and I was never around any full blooded Vietnamese people untill later on in my life. So that is pretty unlikely.

hmm... well i guess when you're exposed to new ideas you can either reject them completely or embrace it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:06 am
yalie5
Minielf
100% chinese, born in Fujian. My mother was also a Fujianese, but my father came from Xian.

oh dude seriously? I'm fujianese too except i wasn't born there. both my parents are fujianese. xd
Can you speal fujianese(min nan hua)? I can't speak it but I can understand it. The rest of my family all speak it.  

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:04 am
Minielf
yalie5
Minielf
100% chinese, born in Fujian. My mother was also a Fujianese, but my father came from Xian.

oh dude seriously? I'm fujianese too except i wasn't born there. both my parents are fujianese. xd
Can you speal fujianese(min nan hua)? I can't speak it but I can understand it. The rest of my family all speak it.
闽南话?Isn't that what people in Taiwan speak as well? Or am I just getting mixed up?  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:50 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Minielf
yalie5
Minielf

闽南话?Isn't that what people in Taiwan speak as well? Or am I just getting mixed up?
don't people in taiwan speak taiwanese/mandarin??? i go to mandarin school to learn mandarin and um..they get everything from china AND taiwan!!  

~leng.mui~

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:07 pm
~leng.mui~
cold_blooded_chick
Minielf
yalie5
Minielf

don't people in taiwan speak taiwanese/mandarin??? i go to mandarin school to learn mandarin and um..they get everything from china AND taiwan!!

Taiwanese is Minan dialect, some seperatists just want to say it's Taiwanese so it makes them feel "special" stare  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:18 pm
Minielf
yalie5
Minielf

lol yeah pretty much my whole family speaks it... except for my little brother... he babbles incoherently in fujianese lol mrgreen  

yalie5

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:09 am
Cat-Whiskers

Taiwanese is Minan dialect, some seperatists just want to say it's Taiwanese so it makes them feel "special" stare
Goodoe, I was wondering WTF is the difference~  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:51 am
cold_blooded_chick
Cat-Whiskers

Goodoe, I was wondering WTF is the difference~

lol lol  

yalie5

AzN-=showng=-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:13 am
100Êntonese  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:11 pm
AzN-=showng=-
100Êntonese

good for you 3nodding though should all start learning mandarin. whee  

yalie5

[priscilla]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:04 pm
umm i'm like i think around
uhh 10% white, 10% filippino, and 80% chinese [cantonese].
my mom's side of the family is from hong kong and my dad is from guang zhou [china].

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:22 pm
100% cantonese  

Tokioka

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:23 pm
yalie5
AzN-=showng=-
100Êntonese

good for you 3nodding though should all start learning mandarin. whee

Why?  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]